Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I haven't been able to play for the last couple days, so could someone fill me in on this Davro stuff? Also, what are anti-moas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

WeaponBoy posted:

Don't you see? This is all a lead-in to adding announcer packs for Warframe. I would pay to have Rucks tell me about incoming assault squads. :allears:

"The Tenno just rages for a while."

I too would pay Alarming Amounts of Money for that.

I also need to go play Bastion again. :unsmith:

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
Has anyone found the mystery third race in the game files with this push ? Allegedly they pushed a bunch of new wire-frames into the pack in 11.3. Currently on the road and can't check.

Would be great if they add a Zerg 'Orkin' race. Just to complete this wh40k ripoff plot.

nm, was just antimoa. whelp

Hal_2005 fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Nov 29, 2013

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

hooah posted:

I haven't been able to play for the last couple days, so could someone fill me in on this Davro stuff? Also, what are anti-moas?

There's an alert (it ends in 12 hours--Forma blueprint reward) that's sort of a mini-event. Davro takes over for Lotus as the one who calls out heavy squads and gives you objective updates and such. It's a Corpus mobile defense mission with a guaranteed Stalker spawn. Fairly fun, and a good chance to get a low risk Stalker scan (he seems to have far less health than the random spawns).

Anti Moas are a new Moa type that appears on the Jupiter gas planet tileset. I don't know what their weapon is, because they all immediately died when I shot at them.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Anti-Moa's have some silly gun that chain lightings Tenno or if it hits the ground it creates a tiny Moa Stomp. They would probably be annoying if they even hit close to players, but for some reason it just kinda sprays everywhere before getting shot to poo poo.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Male Man posted:

Anti Moas are a new Moa type that appears on the Jupiter gas planet tileset. I don't know what their weapon is, because they all immediately died when I shot at them.

They shoot bouncy lasers that explode into a small knockdown shockwave after a few bounces. I want this weapon so much.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Skimmed through the thread super quick, didn't see this posted:

"Warframe Forums posted:

We are getting things in the pipe to release U11 on the PS4. We're very close – the build is off to cert to ensure it is ready for release on the PS4! Everyone will be updated as we have more information on its release. In case you haven’t heard, Update 11 is quite the big one!

U11 features:

Valkyr, a Beserker themed Warframe
Trading, a new way to find and exchange your items!
Damage 2.0, a new damage system that offers greater customization in your loadouts!

… many fixes, and much more!

Thanks, Tenno!

Any idea how long certification for patches takes on PS4? The patches seem to come pretty frequently on PS4 so far, hopefully in the next couple days we can transfer our PC stuff over.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

The Duggler posted:

Skimmed through the thread super quick, didn't see this posted:

Hallelujah!

Getting the new content and damage 2.0 will be nice, but I really, really hope there's a bunch of optimization and bugfixes coming in the update. I just want to sell all my duplicate blueprints DE please :qq:

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Yaos posted:

One thing I hate are the speed runners. They decide that we're going to speed run so they fly past all the enemies and then either die or fail to capture the target. I've seen idiots do this on exterminate missions. I have no clue where they are going or what they think they'll be doing when they get there. I want to play the drat game, that means shooting monsters until crap comes out, not bypassing the game.

I'm a bit confused by the bolded part. Won't a capture target get away if you leave it alone for too long? I've always just bolted and chased them down.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I wish the vectis was better. It feels Right to Use, until even the basic low level enemies stop dying to 1 head shot -- and then its fuckin terrible.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

QuantaStarFire posted:

I'm a bit confused by the bolded part. Won't a capture target get away if you leave it alone for too long? I've always just bolted and chased them down.

If you keep chasing them at some point they run into a dead end and stop there. At least that's what happened when I did a capture mission solo.

That was also before I knew that you can just do a jumping attack to knock them over and keep them down that way forever. This trivializes capture missions even with pubbies.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

QuantaStarFire posted:

I mean they get to the capture target but are too incompetent to kill it so it gets away.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I've been putting pretty much just whatever on my Rhino, but can anyone recommend a better mod loadout?

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Male Man posted:

guaranteed Stalker spawn.

Are you sure about this part? When I ran it, I never saw the Stalker. Of course, he might have just instantly killed one of the pubbies and then run off.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I'd drop Continuity and get Focus (if you have it) in there instead.

Aside from that I'd get Streamline ranked up to max and replace Marathon with Rush (or just put Rhino Charge back in there).

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Dezztroy posted:

Are you sure about this part? When I ran it, I never saw the Stalker. Of course, he might have just instantly killed one of the pubbies and then run off.

As Darvo sends you there to lure out the Stalker who as been tailing him for the last few weeks, yes, there should be a guaranteed Stalker spawn. He will be around the level the enemies are, so he is easily killed, you might not have noticed that you killed him yourself while just hammering into a big pile of enemies.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I've been putting pretty much just whatever on my Rhino, but can anyone recommend a better mod loadout?

Get rid of Vitality, you should always have Iron Skin up and if that goes down you should still have plenty of shields to soak damage before you put Iron Skin back up. I'd probably ditch Continuity as well, it really only makes a difference on Roar. Then put on Focus and max out Streamline.

Dezztroy posted:

The stalker seems incredibly weak on that alert, he didn't even get an attack off when I was running it.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I say vitality has recieved a buff in Dmg 2.0. Shield is not the end-all damage soaker it used to be and if you get proced by slashing damage you will get a health DoT, the heavier/higher the damage/enemy, the more brutal the DoT. This will hit right through your shields. I don't know if it also procs through Iron Skin though, as I am the only Rhino who has it not equipped at all.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Feindfeuer posted:

I say vitality has recieved a buff in Dmg 2.0. Shield is not the end-all damage soaker it used to be and if you get proced by slashing damage you will get a health DoT, the heavier/higher the damage/enemy, the more brutal the DoT. This will hit right through your shields. I don't know if it also procs through Iron Skin though, as I am the only Rhino who has it not equipped at all.

It doesn't go through Iron Skin as far as I've noticed, Iron Skin stops everything (except Stalkers).

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
I was surprised to see the stalker went down in that Darvo mission. Didn't know it's a depowered versipn of him. Still the shitlord dropped another Dread bp instead of Despair or even Hate. I got 4 of the drat thing already.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Feindfeuer posted:

As Darvo sends you there to lure out the Stalker who as been tailing him for the last few weeks, yes, there should be a guaranteed Stalker spawn. He will be around the level the enemies are, so he is easily killed, you might not have noticed that you killed him yourself while just hammering into a big pile of enemies.

Oh, maybe one of the pubbies killed him then and just didn't waypoint his drops. What happened to common courtesy? :(

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Dezztroy posted:

Oh, maybe one of the pubbies killed him then and just didn't waypoint his drops. What happened to common courtesy? :(

No time to throw a waypoint, we gotta speedrun this defense mission

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
People speedrun survival or just never stick together. Every time I've been in a survival mission, there is at least one person that I never see again after we spawn in, or I end up in a big room by myself because the team scattered to the loving winds without saying anything.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Schubalts posted:

People speedrun survival or just never stick together. Every time I've been in a survival mission, there is at least one person that I never see again after we spawn in, or I end up in a big room by myself because the team scattered to the loving winds without saying anything.

Had a guy harass the hell out of the rest of the team once because he ran off and died.

He only had one kill. Another guy quit so it was just two of us active and we made it to 20m.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Piell posted:

Get rid of Vitality, you should always have Iron Skin up and if that goes down you should still have plenty of shields to soak damage before you put Iron Skin back up. I'd probably ditch Continuity as well, it really only makes a difference on Roar. Then put on Focus and max out Streamline.

Helter Skelter posted:

I'd drop Continuity and get Focus (if you have it) in there instead.

Aside from that I'd get Streamline ranked up to max and replace Marathon with Rush (or just put Rhino Charge back in there).

Right now, Vitality, Continuity and Marathon are in there pretty much just because I've got nothing else to spend my mod points on that would even make a difference. Sadly, I don't have Focus.

I think I'm going to forma the top left slot to a -. Good/bad idea?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Right now, Vitality, Continuity and Marathon are in there pretty much just because I've got nothing else to spend my mod points on that would even make a difference. Sadly, I don't have Focus.

Good idea. In my opinion you should always use polarize a power slot first (well, that or the aura slot), because all frames have at least one lovely power that isn't worth slotting.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Is Null Star really that bad? I've been finding that even on enemies it doesn't kill, the stagger buys you time to shoot mans in face.

It also doesn't hurt how power-efficient it is.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Piell posted:

Good idea. In my opinion you should always use polarize a power slot first (well, that or the aura slot), because all frames have at least one lovely power that isn't worth slotting.

My first forma was the aura slot, so I could take full advantage of the bonus points from Energy Siphon.

e; I need to forma my Wraith so I can put more mods on it, but I'm sort of reluctant given its current damage...

That's at 23. I'll be able to fit 15 more mod points by the time it's 30.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Nov 29, 2013

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Does anyone have any Capture 2 and Capture 3 keys they want to trade? I have;

16 Exterminate II
6 Survival II
5 Defence III
1 Exterminate III
2 Derelict Assassinate
2 Derelict Defence

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
Anyone want to weigh in on endgame sentinel gun dps? I have started formaing my death machine rifle but i'm not so sure its better than formaing my sweeper or the Djinn weapon?

Any min/max perspectives?

Also is fired up worth using with a sweeper?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

You've still got mod points to burn. Don't worry about the Forma until you're pushing your limit. A bunch of my warframe builds end up equipping off-polarity mods and still have a few points left over.

You can get a Focus pretty easy on the trade channel. If you've got a spare Streamline or Continuity you have a fair chance at a straight-up trade.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Anyone know what a decent anti-Corpus gun would be? Everything that works against Infested seems to do a good job against Grineer as well, but right now Kunai, Dread, and Galatine aren't cutting it if a big shielded pack appear in Survival. Well, Galatine would be fine...if Rhino was finished and I wasn't stuck using Excal for now.

I'm almost Mastery Rank 4 if that helps.

Also, whats up with Dread's crit rate? It says 20% on the stats sheet, but in all honesty it feels more like 10% than 20% right now. Could be I just have bad luck. It definitely crits more than my other weapons at least. Crits are yellow numbers right?

ThePhenomenalBaby fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 29, 2013

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Oh well, Super Jump may not have much utility combat wise, but jumping across half a level with it+slash dash is awesome. Especially clearing giant chasms in those Grineer mine and Corpus mountain levels. The high mobility and ninja running is what makes Warframe not so boring for me. If anything, I think Radial Javelin needs a boost of all of Excalibur's skills.

amuayse fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Nov 29, 2013

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Sobek or Hek do well against Corpus, since Impact gets a bonus vs shields.

GarudaPrime posted:

Anyone want to weigh in on endgame sentinel gun dps?

Sweeper is king and has no falloff. With the -spread vault mod it becomes a sniper unequaled(so far).

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Denzine posted:

Sweeper is king and has no falloff. With the -spread vault mod it becomes a sniper unequaled(so far).
This. I did the rank 12 test last night and half the enemy kills were from my sentinel.

Diet Lime
Aug 11, 2013

by toby

QuantaStarFire posted:

You run ahead, triggering it out of reach of your team-mates; then because you're an ill-equipped solo pubbie you can't kill it alone so it gets away.

Vrikkian
Apr 26, 2010

I think I'm having a stroke...
I can't stop playing this game. It's not good. It's a clunky, laggy, online free shooter. I don't like online shooters.

BUT IT'S FREE. And it's -somewhat- fun. Plus I'm a God drat ninja.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Vrikkian posted:

I can't stop playing this game. It's not good. It's a clunky, laggy, online free shooter. I don't like online shooters.

BUT IT'S FREE. And it's -somewhat- fun. Plus I'm a God drat ninja.

I have so many legitimate and serious complaints about this game--some of which have worsened with time--and also like 150 hours logged.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
All I know about this game is that its buggy as gently caress, kinda satisfying, and everyone looks like alternate costumes for Yoshimitsu from Tekken. They are close to having a legit good game, they just need to make the Infested more interesting (Ancients aren't bad, but the other Infested enemies are really boring both visually and fighting wise), make melee more compelling, and fix some of the really stupid bugs like the level UI disappearing for no reason and stuff like that.

Space Yoshimitsus: The Game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Also, it's the closest we'll get to a good Guyver game. Biomechanical power armored ninjas fighting space marines makes the grind more bearable.