Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzzykins
Nov 24, 2013

HPanda posted:

Yeah, makes me sad. I need to go to bed now, but I get the feeling they might sell out of keys by the time I wake up. Oh well, the Black Friday sale gods are fickle.

Supposedly this key is region locked to NA so it might not go as fast as you'd think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

Yes, Saints Row 4 keys are region locked. It was a pretty big deal because a bunch of people ordered through nuuvem and they sent out an email that was basically "uhhhh so we've been informed the sr4 keys are region locked so if you haven't ordered one yet we can't sell it to you outside brazil!" like two days before launch.

Nevett
Aug 31, 2001

Not_Log posted:

Yes, Saints Row 4 keys are region locked. It was a pretty big deal because a bunch of people ordered through nuuvem and they sent out an email that was basically "uhhhh so we've been informed the sr4 keys are region locked so if you haven't ordered one yet we can't sell it to you outside brazil!" like two days before launch.

Nah. Nuuvem were actually awesome about this. When they realised the keys were locked, they detected everyone's region by IP and gave everyone who had preordered the correct region key. This is despite being only for Brazilians (if you read their small print) and presumably at some cost to themselves. I ordered from the UK and got a UK key for ~£20.

Funnily enough, anyone that used a VPN to cover themselves did end up with the wrong region key due to their region checking.

Trickyrive
Mar 7, 2001

Saints Row 4 is still showing up at $20, maybe Tony will see this in time and change it.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Apparently Amazon charges tax on Massachusetts addresses now, anyone know of a state where they don't?

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Biggest human being Ever posted:

Apparently Amazon charges tax on Massachusetts addresses now, anyone know of a state where they don't?

Off the top of my head, New Jersey and Oregon both have no state sales tax, so I'd say both of those.

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009

McCoy Pauley posted:

Off the top of my head, New Jersey and Oregon both have no state sales tax, so I'd say both of those.
How hard is it to google this? New Jersey isn't one but Oregon, Alaska, Delaware, New Hampshire and Montana are.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Thanks to you both for helping me move!

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
Do the farcry 3 keys register with steam? Also what's the difference between the deluxe and non deluxe bundle with blood Dragon? They are both the same price and I'm just wondering if there is a catch.

Prosthetic_Mind
Mar 1, 2007
Pillbug

GoldenNugget posted:

Do the farcry 3 keys register with steam? Also what's the difference between the deluxe and non deluxe bundle with blood Dragon? They are both the same price and I'm just wondering if there is a catch.

The digital code version has DRM: Steam right below the title. Don't be like me and accidentally get the download version the second time around when getting copies for friends. Thankfully Amazon support got me sorted out surprisingly fast.

Senturion
Jul 29, 2013

GoldenNugget posted:

I was able to register it with steam.

Per steam, it looks like the deluxe adds:

The Monkey Business Pack: Meet Hurk and his explosive bomb-carrying monkey in four heart-pounding missions and get two bonus ways to humiliate your friends in multiplayer.
The Lost Expeditions: Discover the secrets of the island’s lost World War II ruins in two suspenseful action missions, and unlock the power of a shotgun in a one-handed flare gun in multiplayer.
The Warrior Pack: Strike fear in your enemies with an exclusive dagger and get an early unlock of the tattoo editor in multiplayer.
The Predator Pack: Hunt four ferocious animals with the M-700 Predator Rifle in single-player and silently kill opponents with the unlocked Predator Bow in multiplayer.
The Survival Guide artbook (pdf file): Discover unique artwork and insider information to help you survive the insanity of the island.
The game soundtrack

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Trickyrive posted:

Saints Row 4 is still showing up at $20, maybe Tony will see this in time and change it.

Please see this Tony. I'm ready and waiting to buy this at $15.

workingdogv1
Jul 10, 2001

:catdrugs:
Long shot, does anyone know if the Warframe packs carry over to the PS4 version? The $30 pack is in the sweet spot, but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger.

Jale
Nov 6, 2005

Saints Row IV finally dropped to $15.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Jale posted:

Saints Row IV finally dropped to $15.

pentyne posted:

Everything else has changed $ for the 29th yet Saints Row 4 is still $20. CHANGE DAMNIT.

I struggle to express to you how frustrated I am with our pricing system. I'm incredibly sorry for the delay.

The price is live now.

surc posted:

I know this has probably come up before, but I just found out I can't use amazon points on most digital downloads. :negative:

You have no idea how much this bothers me.

I know we're on the roadmap for this...but no idea when it will be built. I've been bugging that team since I started at Amazon.

Agrias120 posted:

Hey Tony, are there any plans to eventually allow you to add digital codes to your Amazon wishlist? For games that have physical copies I can just add that version and make a note about the digital code, but it'd be nice to not have to worry about that.

Yep, it works on mobile but not on site for some reason. I know we're on the road map for full integration though.

jivjov posted:

Tony, a question for you when you have a minute. This is probably out of your department entirely, but how often does Amazon staff actually go through and cull reviews that that been "reported as inappropriate"? I like to read 1-and-2 star reviews of games I'm thinking of buying to see if other people's problems with a game would be things that would bother me as well, but so many low-star reviews are people bitching "Oh I bought a disk but still had to download 8 gigabytes of patches and updates (that didn't exist when the disks were pressed)" or "Bought this game, suddenly had to install this Steam thingie that punched my sister and killed my dog". I.e. not reviews of the actual product. I tend to use the Report button whenever I find a review like that, but I've never seen one actually get pulled.

I'm 100% unsure how review auditing works, sorry man :(.

ritcheyz
Dec 25, 2008

You've gotta be crazy
Gotta have a real need
Would anyone want to go 50/50 with me on the Payday 2 4-Pack? I'd like a copy for me and a friend, but if someone else is in the same boat, that'd be pretty cool.

Steam profile is here if you're interested and want to work out details.

ritcheyz fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 29, 2013

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
So apparently the farcry 3 deluxe/blood dragon combo is uplay only and not steam code like the plain vanilla farcry 3. Too bad :/.

Fuzzykins
Nov 24, 2013

GoldenNugget posted:

So apparently the farcry 3 deluxe/blood dragon combo is uplay only and not steam code like the plain vanilla farcry 3. Too bad :/.

That's why I skipped it. Don't feel the Deluxe is that interesting anyway, and Blood Dragon will go low either way.

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

Alright, who let Rube Goldberg in here?
I've never had this happen before:

Sorry, processing is taking longer than expected.
Please do not reorder this item.
Some Game and Software downloads go through extra verification that may take up to 4 hours.

Can't complain about the SRIV price though.

Dec 4, 2004

Winks posted:

I've never had this happen before:

I've got the same problem. Never seen it before either.

edit: Just went through. Took about 30 minutes total

6174 fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 29, 2013

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
that happened to me, went through eventually

thanks amazon! had 5 dollars credit so picked up saint's row iv and the civ V pack for a total of 30 dollars. got my dad ghosts and last of us on ps3 yesterday on big discounts too. i don't care what the europeans say, you guys are all right

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Yay, got Saint's Row IV for $15! It's crazy that I got it for cheaper than Saint's Row 3 on Christmas a couple years ago.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
I just picked up Saints Row IV from amazon and when I entered the steam code it says the game is unavailable in my country.

So don't buy it if you live outside of the U.S I guess :(

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

BORK! BORK! posted:

I just picked up Saints Row IV from amazon and when I entered the steam code it says the game is unavailable in my country.

So don't buy it if you live outside of the U.S I guess :(

Reading is cool, yo:

That said, I think you can use a VPN to activate it.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Reading is cool, yo:

That said, I think you can use a VPN to activate it.

It says that on all digital games on amazon :thumbsup: SR4 just happens to be region locked.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Nevermind.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Nov 29, 2013

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

BORK! BORK! posted:

If any charitable goon wants to buy this game then they could do me a huge favor and gift me it and I will give them my code? If that even works? :(
Google spotflux. Log out of Steam start spotflux, log back into Steam and redeem your code. Log back out shut down spotflux.

All done.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
What is the difference between Battlefield 4 Instant Access and Download? They are both the same price.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Darkhold posted:

Google spotflux. Log out of Steam start spotflux, log back into Steam and redeem your code. Log back out shut down spotflux.

All done.

Yup, follow this goons advice. This worked perfectly.

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

SlayVus posted:

What is the difference between Battlefield 4 Instant Access and Download? They are both the same price.

AFAIK download gives you a key and instant access places it in your origin account directly

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Darkhold posted:

All done.

There is a bunch of complaining online about how Steam is banning people's accounts for using VPNs to get games they shouldn't have so I instead used a VPN to create a new account to put the game on so if they do ban the account I only lose 1 game and not 100.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SlayVus posted:

instant access just autoupdates your origin account to have the game already in your library. Regular gives you a key to enter in manually.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

BORK! BORK! posted:

There is a bunch of complaining online about how Steam is banning people's accounts for using VPNs to get games they shouldn't have so I instead used a VPN to create a new account to put the game on so if they do ban the account I only lose 1 game and not 100.
Where are you seeing this? The only times I've heard of such things is people buying the games through Steam which is a big no-no obviously.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Darkhold posted:

Where are you seeing this? The only times I've heard of such things is people buying the games through Steam which is a big no-no obviously.

Yep. I'd also like to know this.

Using a VPN to buy a game through Steam because it's cheaper in another region = ban
Using a VPN to activate and play a game early, if you own it but it's not out in your region yet = okay. I've done it dozens of times.
Using a VPN to activate a region locked key like SR 4 = I'm not sure about this, but people said it was okay the last time this got brought up. If not I'd like to know where you heard it isn't.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Just going to throw this out there but maybe the discussion on circumventing region locks should be moved away from where the rep is?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Just going to throw this out there but maybe the discussion on circumventing region locks should be moved away from where the rep is?
I seriously don't think Tony is the type of guy to give a crap over regional restrictions (though obviously he can't say as much).

On top of which he cares about Amazon sales not who's trying to get around Steam restrictions.

Edit: Though Tony if you're reading this and think I'm making GBS threads up your thread just PM me and I swear I'll never talk about such things in your thread again. :cheers:

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 29, 2013

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Hakkesshu posted:

Yep. I'd also like to know this.

Using a VPN to buy a game through Steam because it's cheaper in another region = ban
Using a VPN to activate and play a game early, if you own it but it's not out in your region yet = okay. I've done it dozens of times.
Using a VPN to activate a region locked key like SR 4 = I'm not sure about this, but people said it was okay the last time this got brought up. If not I'd like to know where you heard it isn't.

Yeah, a ban on steam would make sense because you're actively circumventing their systems to get cheaper prices from them and do them out of money via an international pricing mechanism they adhere to. A ban from doing something to activate a code received via a 3rd party would be different.

Steam can't tell which way you've acquired that code (it might be a gift from a friend/relative, it might have come from ordering some specific piece of hardware or equipment), and it would be quite lovely of them to ban your account just to get something you own to work because another 3rd party (in this case a money hungry publisher) put a rare and not actively publicised region lock on it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Darkhold posted:

I seriously don't think Tony is the type of guy to give a crap over regional restrictions (though obviously he can't say as much).

On top of which he cares about Amazon sales not who's trying to get around Steam restrictions.

Amazon (and indeed most US services like Netflix and Hulu, PSN, iTunes) doesn't give a poo poo if you live abroad, but use a US address, so long as you actually pay them when it comes to digital purchases. This is a thing Europeans and Australians have done in spades for the past decade and no one's gotten in trouble for it.

Besides they have nothing to do with circumventing region locks, that's all Valve and Steam. I wish Amazon would advertise it when keys like SR 4 are region locked, but I understand why they don't, since they aren't obligated to. They're the middlemen and they're just selling a text string.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 29, 2013

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Hey Tony, I see Amazon price matched steam on Goodbye Deponia. Is there any chance of that price going lower this sale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Hey Tony, I have a bunch of videogame credit on my account but I have no idea what it applies to and I almost bought Saints Row IV before seeing it wasn't applying.

Is there any way I can see what it actually applies to? I'm kinda hurting for money for presents and this got my hopes up a little. :(

I have PMs if you need to know my account or something.

• Locked thread