Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

I moved to a new place at the beginning of September and I demand wall art. My bedroom is adorned with multiple banksy canvases (I started collecting them before he was hot poo poo :smith:) I wanted something a little nerdy for the lounge, I'm makeing a coffee table out of comic books, and I have this on my wall (apologies for lovely reflection)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Had and loved 4, saw this as platinum title in EB.

Because screw Origin.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Hoo boy.

Started off buying these from Amazon

And then, of course, I need something to go along with it.

(from here)

And then as I was about to go to bed, this popped up on sale for 7.49. Now just waiting to see if the DLC conversion for 2014 goes on sale at all before I get everything in the mail.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Got some really cool Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale purchases, and now I'm completely done.

Battlefield 4, which I got for $25 from Origin when it's normally $70.

PS4 system, which I got at retail price but it's out of stock pretty much everywhere and it was even out of stock at 3 stores I went to tonight at midnight before I finally found a GameStop that had it in stock.

Killzone Shadow Fall and Need For Speed Rivals, both for PS4.

I've spent entirely too much money today but at least I'll be set for a while :shobon:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

My girlfriend was recently incarcerated. She's understandably bored out of her mind. So I got a christmas gift to bring her that should help the days go by a little faster.

It's an MP3 player that is designed for, and approved by correctional facilities. Even the USB cable, earbuds, and AC adapter are transparent. It does seem silly if you try to imagine anyone being able to conceal even one stamp of dope inside an iPod Touch, but I believe most of addressed concerns are software related.

They have a kiosk in the facility where they can browse new songs and transfer them to the device. Money for songs are deducted from its own special account separate from their regular commissary. They are almost double than songs from iTunes, but what are you gonna do?

If she has a good experience using this, then I might end up donating a half dozen players to other inmates so I can use it as a tax write off and for her to curry favor in her unit. This will depend mostly on how lenient the facility is with using the device, and how strict they are with what artists and songs they allow. Hoping a little Bob Marley and R Kelly isn't out of the question.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Are you allowed to pre-load it with music and if not why?

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

Passionate about your involuntary euthanasia.

bowmore posted:

Are you allowed to pre-load it with music and if not why?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmZm8vNHBSU

But seriously, that mp3 player is a neat product. I'm wondering what makes it prison approved. It doesn't appear to contain screws or metal outside of the circuit board, is there anything else to the design?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

The facility has to receive the device sealed in the box. That way nobody can hack the firmware and staff doesn't want to have to spend time checking all the content on the device.

I think most of the reasons the device is approved is because of it has to be very limited in its capabilities. Like no camera, no sound recorder, things like that. And i'm guessing the correctional facility gets some sort of kickback from sales of the content and/or device, which they wouldn't get from a regular mp3 product and ecosystem.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Magic Underwear posted:

Nothing more needs to be said. EA is poo poo, and they ruined a good game.

It also forces constant pointless notifications onto your phone. Or at least my phone. I didn't mind the game but still uninstalled it because of this.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

ChocNitty posted:

i'm guessing the correctional facility gets some sort of kickback from sales of the content and/or device, which they wouldn't get from a regular mp3 product and ecosystem.

America: There's gold in them thar prisons.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Yes yes yes yes YES

This is the complete Harry Potter box set, all 7 books, hardcover. It's on sale on Amazon for $95, which is like $100 off the regular price. I am very happy right now.

Also bought

And

My wallet is crying. Gotta love black friday.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Is this all of Z, and if so is it Kai or he original episodes? I love that its the "Rock the Dragon" edition.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Fooley posted:

Is this all of Z, and if so is it Kai or he original episodes? I love that its the "Rock the Dragon" edition.

It's a really niche thing, actually. It's the original (dubbed) broadcast version. I bought it as a Christmas gift for a DBZ nerd who grew up with it. Here's the description from Amazon:

quote:

Your wish has been granted. Now get ready to Rock the Dragon like it's 1999. FUNimation is bursting open the vault and finally unleashing what fans have sought for so long: the original broadcast version of DBZ with the Canadian voice actors.

Each Collector's Edition comes in a hardbound, full color 48 page book; which showcases the characters, history, and tropes that helped elevate Dragon Ball Z to the pop culture phenomenon it is today.

It's only $35 right now and it's going to make my friend super happy since he can't get it in his country. Well, at least not for a price he can afford.

e: here's the link if you want it too

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Edit: Whoops!

Ragequit has a new favorite as of 23:38 on Nov 29, 2013

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

the kawaiiest posted:

Yes yes yes yes YES

This is the complete Harry Potter box set, all 7 books, hardcover. It's on sale on Amazon for $95, which is like $100 off the regular price. I am very happy right now.

:swoon: That's *gorgeous*.

gnomers
Nov 14, 2004

the kawaiiest posted:

Yes yes yes yes YES

I am now a 104.00 dollars poorer but I always wanted something like this.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Major purchases over the last week:

Sennheiser HD 650, my dream headphones. I will probably have these for 10+ years. Normally $499, I got these with coupon and sold my old headphones. Net cost: ~$175

Sapphire 7970 GHz edition. I don't game that often, but I do have a 27" monitor 2560x1440 and my 560 Ti struggles to keep up. Normally $375, after coupon/rebate/selling bundled items/selling my old video card, net cost: $120

George Foreman w/removable plate. My old Foreman nonstick has been failing for about half a year. Normally $60, I got it for $10, but it wasn't a Lightning Deal :confused:.

Rubbermaid 30 piece set. Normally $25, Walmart Black Friday doorbuster for $7.

Levi's 511 raw denim. Normally $58, $26 after Black Friday coupon on their site.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Levi's 511 raw denim. Normally $58, $26 after Black Friday coupon on their site.

I didn't know they made 511 raw's. Link?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

A gift for my mother.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

App13 posted:

I didn't know they made 511 raw's. Link?
I didn't either, and considering the normal price is $58, I'm not sure what to believe: http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4101270

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Bought a Paulmann 300W 12V wire set:

It came with 6x 50W 24deg bulbs. The beam doesn't feel that wide, maybe I should try out 40deg bulbs. The set took forever, like nearly five hours, to install. I still need to buy some cable channels and shorten the cables from power supply to the wires.

I also wish my apartment was higher than 250cm :)

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Is it true with all raw denim that you're supposed to wear them for 1+ year before washing?

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

colas posted:

Is it true with all raw denim that you're supposed to wear them for 1+ year before washing?

No, you just want to delay and infrequently wash them to preserve the indigo dye, which will result in higher-contrast sick fadez

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just bought Droid MAXX from Amazon for $99

Finally replaces my original Moto Droid that is 4 years old running 2.2 still.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

I didn't either, and considering the normal price is $58, I'm not sure what to believe: http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4101270

That's a hell of a deal, I ended up getting some 510's.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

colas posted:

The longer the better it's a right laugh. I've worn a pair for a year before.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Got some really cool Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale purchases, and now I'm completely done.

Battlefield 4, which I got for $25 from Origin when it's normally $70.

Just bought the PC version off Gamefly for $27 with their sale and a 30% off coupon I had. 50% downloaded and cant wait

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I found out the hard way, but check your output device (speakers, headphones etc) and ensure they can handle at least 48hz.

Apparently Rocksmith simply will not work on anything below 48hz (44hz being what my headset uses of course)

I had to resort to using my onboard Realtek soundcard

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

The longer the better it's a right laugh. I've worn a pair for a year before.

A whole year without washing? :gonk:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

the kawaiiest posted:

There are weird things denim freaks do though to get rid of the stank. Fold up the jeans and throw them in the freezer. Or in my case, leave them out in the dry 115 degree Nevada sun for an afternoon.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

the kawaiiest posted:

Yeah? They didn't even smell cause I shower every day and never ran in them soooooo.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Yeah? They didn't even smell cause I shower every day and never ran in them soooooo.

I shower every day and I don't run (well, not in jeans anyway) but I can't imagine wearing the same pants for a year. :gonk:

I mean, I'm not saying you're gross or anything! I just can't believe that people do this. I'm way too much of a clean/neat freak to even think about it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm saying that's pretty gross. I wash my jeans weekly, and I thought wearing one pair for 3 days was pushing it (I alternate pants). Jeans are the only clothing that I'll do that with, shirts and etc are one time wear until the next wash.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

IUG posted:

I'm saying that's pretty gross. I wash my jeans weekly, and I thought wearing one pair for 3 days was pushing it (I alternate pants). Jeans are the only clothing that I'll do that with, shirts and etc are one time wear until the next wash.

That's weird. Jeans are fine. I dunno why your legs are sweating or whatever going about your daily business haha.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

the kawaiiest posted:

You aren't supposed to wash denim much in general. If you absolutely must due to stain or stench you should wash on cold/gentle inside out and hang dry. I was my jeans between once every 3 to 5 months and that's not even for the expensive raw stuff. I just want them to last forever.

On topic:

I got this guy last night on a lightening deal: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B99JU4S/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

AND I bought my tickets and gold camping for both Sasquatch 2014 weekends! So excited to get drunk and party and listen to music in the desert.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I've gone about a month I think and my jeans didn't really smell. I don't like washing them because they're all tight after drying.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

ChocNitty posted:

There are weird things denim freaks do though to get rid of the stank. Fold up the jeans and throw them in the freezer. Or in my case, leave them out in the dry 115 degree Nevada sun for an afternoon.

I wore a pair of nice raw jeans for well over a year (how long was it? I retired them recently, anyway...) day in and out, and I still can't buy into the voodoo enough to chuck them in the freezer. Stay hygienic, I guess. Giving them a hit of Febreeze when needed is a decent idea, and yeah, if you feel like you should wash it you should probably wash it - every six months or so is not a big deal. It supposedly helps the fibres keep from getting brittle and blowing out faster.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 01:14 on Nov 30, 2013

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I have to wash my jeans because I tend to use my legs as napkins in a pinch.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I went to a local thrift store and found the greatest tray I've ever seen:

Then I went to a dollar store and found this cool patch:

And some sunglasses with anime eyebrows:

And some online black friday shopping because the discounts I get make up for the crazy shipping prices to get stuff from overseas:

From wormswormsworms on etsy

And from O-Mighty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no skateboarding EVER!
Apr 21, 2003
Jagermeister & schadenfreude.
Jesus Christ. Wash your clothes.

• Locked thread