Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's Sue Richards, obviously. Jack never called her back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Clearly it was Squirrel Girl. What's on the grassy knoll? A tree. And what lives in trees? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

404GoonNotFound posted:

Clearly it was Squirrel Girl. What's on the grassy knoll? A tree. And what lives in trees? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Birds?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm guessing this Kennedy's assassination will be the pivotal point that the ruined future will try to change?
Given that it suggests that Magneto spent 40 years in jail and that public knowledge of mutants and their superpowers is widespread, and that neither of those things were true in the X-Men movies? Yeah, I'd say it's a safe bet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

Given that it suggests that Magneto spent 40 years in jail and that public knowledge of mutants and their superpowers is widespread, and that neither of those things were true in the X-Men movies? Yeah, I'd say it's a safe bet.

Also that mutants have to live on reservations and there's an example of one who has to wear an inhibitor collar.

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

That isn't something which would happen in real life though. Being gay is.

Yes, but you can't extend your metaphor farther than it's capable of serving as an apt analogy. Analogizing mutant powers to homosexuality works on some levels, but not on others. If you're going to have a character whose power means she can't touch anyone without killing them, then you're going to have to accept that a cure would be a justifiably attractive option for that character. Even if the world became totally accepting of mutants overnight, she would still be unable to touch people. A cure would still be a justifiably attractive option for her. The gay metaphor breaks down, and it's as simple as that. They could always have Rogue reject the cure for the out-of-universe reason that mutation is often used as a metaphor for being gay and gay people shouldn't have to "cure" themselves, but then you're not even making an argument through metaphor. You're just making a (correct) argument that has no relation to what's been portrayed on the screen.

muscles like this? posted:

Also that mutants have to live on reservations and there's an example of one who has to wear an inhibitor collar.

If the divergence point is after First Class it doesn't seem like this movie will be addressing the continuity problems that movie introduced. Not that I really care.

Billy Idle fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 27, 2013

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Anything that helps us forget Xmen 3 is good.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008
Is it at all possible that they would pull a Star Trek and our actual continuity would still be First Class/DoFP onwards? Of course doing this is weird because it would get rid of The Wolverine, but hey.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Apparently, some filmmakers made a kick rear end Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness fan film. Marvel took it down in under 8 hours.

http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movies/marvel-zombies-army-darkness-film/79946

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

This has been floating around, looks like our first looks at Rhino and Goblin in ASM2

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That poster looks sweet from what I can tell.

I kinda get the feeling that the Goblin is only gonna be in for a few scenes, and that's probably when Gwen bites it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I see something where I guess The Rhino is, but I have no idea what I'm seeing there. It looks like a blob of colors and I can't pick out any features at all like a face or something. I'm probably missing something completely obvious though.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The picture is pretty low-res, but I think that Rhino is clearly mechanical.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I also think it may be running on all fours.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Deadpool posted:

I see something where I guess The Rhino is, but I have no idea what I'm seeing there. It looks like a blob of colors and I can't pick out any features at all like a face or something. I'm probably missing something completely obvious though.

Yeah, I can't really see the face either. There's a diamond shaped part below the red light that looks like it could be the head, but it doesn't really look like a face. I'm wondering if the rhino suit in this movie is something else, maybe some kind of experimental tech that gets retrofitted to the rhino theme in the next movie.

Edit: looking closer, it appears to actually be quadrupedal. I'm fine with the idea of a mech suit for Rhino like in Ultimate, it's probably the best choice to adapt the character to film but I'm a little disappointed at the way it's set up here. Without having the open face it'll just feel like he's fighting a robot, it's the same reason I wasn't a fan of how Silver Samurai was done in The Wolverine.

Dacap fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Nov 29, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dacap posted:

Without having the open face it'll just feel like he's fighting a robot

It looks like he'll be open face at least some of the time if these production shots are any indication. *SPOILERS*, naturally.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dacap posted:

Edit: looking closer, it appears to actually be quadrupedal. I'm fine with the idea of a mech suit for Rhino like in Ultimate, it's probably the best choice to adapt the character to film but I'm a little disappointed at the way it's set up here. Without having the open face it'll just feel like he's fighting a robot, it's the same reason I wasn't a fan of how Silver Samurai was done in The Wolverine.

Didn't he once have a Mecha-Rhino suit he used to fight the Hulk in 616 continuity as well?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Interesting that they're going with the Ultimate style looks for Electro and Rhino, but Osborn's still on the glider, instead of the green Hulk/demon hybrid he was in those books.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Since Hulk is a hot Marvel property right now they probably don't want to risk a lawsuit

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Also we don't need two big hulking guys in the same movie. Not to mention the goblin glider being awesome, and a pretty key element to making the gwen stacy scene work.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Plus the GG on the glider is pretty iconic.

Hah, those production shots!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gaz-L posted:

Interesting that they're going with the Ultimate style looks for Electro and Rhino, but Osborn's still on the glider, instead of the green Hulk/demon hybrid he was in those books.

His face is also pretty spot on to the classic Goblin look. (It's in the top right corner of the poster if you missed it.)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

ASM Goblin is iconic; nobody cares about what the Rhino looks like, or the goofy looking ASM Electro either.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

ASM Goblin is iconic; nobody cares about what the Rhino looks like, or the goofy looking ASM Electro either.

So iconic that if you asked anyone on the street, they'd tell you he looks like Willem Dafoe in a Kamen Rider outfit.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I think they're likely doing a combo of the classic and Ultimate where he still has the iconic glider and bombs, but he actually transforms into the goblin and doesn't just wear a mask.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dacap posted:

I think they're likely doing a combo of the classic and Ultimate where he still has the iconic glider and bombs, but he actually transforms into the goblin and doesn't just wear a mask.

They should use Stan Lee's original idea (an actual goblin released from an ancient Egyptian sarcophagus).

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Metal Loaf posted:

They should use Stan Lee's original idea (an actual goblin released from an ancient Egyptian sarcophagus).

Why not? Evil sarcophagi and Spider-Man do go back all the way to Amazing Fantasy #15 after all.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I bring you Tidings from the Motherland(Found on CineD).

A Blurry off screen video of the Spider-Man Trailer in Russian

http://aidarsm.tumblr.com/post/68780130418/the-amazing-spider-man-2-trailer-russian

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Holy poo poo is that a scene of Osborn's other "projects" being Vulture wings and Ock arms.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well nothing can stop a man with wings. A man with wings can do anything. ANYTHING!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Waterhaul posted:

Holy poo poo is that a scene of Osborn's other "projects" being Vulture wings and Ock arms.

Pretty sure that's just the front half of a car chassis and a wacky inflatable tube man. Which would still rank as more terrifying than half of Spider-Man's foes.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Having all the villains be the result of Norman's mad science projects is totally the right approach to setting up the villains. Not everyone needs a tragic backstory with some king of connection to the hero's past.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Also Someone who's not at work should probably rip that before it gets taken down.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dacap posted:

Having all the villains be the result of Norman's mad science projects is totally the right approach to setting up the villains. Not everyone needs a tragic backstory with some king of connection to the hero's past.

I've never really loved the approach because bringing everything back to one guy turns Spider-Man's iconic foes into little more than henchmen, but I see some of the value in it for the movies. In a world where people have a big problem with Spider-Man making a suit of fabric, it might make more sense to have someone bankrolling all the crazy tech we see.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

The series is doing a nice mix so far. Lizard has the personal connection to Spider-Man (though I doubt they'll get Rhys Ifans back again), Electro appears to be due to an accident he blames Spider-Man for, Osborn is Osborn and Rhino is a chump that gets humiliated by Spider-Man and gets a chance for vengeance on him. Vulture is someone that can go either way but future films can easily expand on Ock creating the arms and his reasons for hating Spider-Man.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
DC must be crying Republicans on election night level of tears knowing that 2014 features 4 movies based on marvel properties, and not a single DC based one.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Waterhaul posted:

The series is doing a nice mix so far. Lizard has the personal connection to Spider-Man (though I doubt they'll get Rhys Ifans back again), Electro appears to be due to an accident he blames Spider-Man for, Osborn is Osborn and Rhino is a chump that gets humiliated by Spider-Man and gets a chance for vengeance on him. Vulture is someone that can go either way but future films can easily expand on Ock creating the arms and his reasons for hating Spider-Man.

I don't think we need Lizard/Conners back in for ASM2 but if this is being set up for a Sinister Six, with 3 villains being fully introduced in this movie, and the possibility of some more characters being in the film that will become villains, Lizard would make a good choice for a 6th member to round it all out in ASM3.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

DC must be crying Republicans on election night level of tears knowing that 2014 features 4 movies based on marvel properties, and not a single DC based one.
Sadly, it's still possible to eke out a lead in IPs driven by a female protagonist.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

The tone of the trailer kind of gave it away but it looks as if Norman won't be the Green Goblin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Waterhaul posted:

The tone of the trailer kind of gave it away but it looks as if Norman won't be the Green Goblin.

Whoa, you're right. Instead the Green Goblin will be Billy Idol.

• Locked thread