Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Cannot Find Server posted:

No, this is 2014 on the 360. I searched and apparently a lot of other people also have the same issue and it didn't start happening until the latest patch. I assume it'll be fixed.

Oh right. They probably will, I didn't realize the patch had broken the 360 version that badly, it did cause problems on all platforms though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bagman
Jul 23, 2000
44 attempts, a couple gnarled picks, and a crampy right hand later - still at 8.1 million in Hurdles (and that was a lucky run), averaging about 3 mil per attempt *turns off xbox as calmly as possible and takes deep breaths*

I can see why less than 50 or so people have this achievement if the leaderboards are correct. Even with the 10x multiplier, it's a pain in the rear end. Of course I imagine my ability to trem pick after 40+ attempts is somewhat impaired. I just couldn't stop....had to...get achievement....argghh

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Bagman posted:

44 attempts, a couple gnarled picks, and a crampy right hand later - still at 8.1 million in Hurdles (and that was a lucky run), averaging about 3 mil per attempt *turns off xbox as calmly as possible and takes deep breaths*

I can see why less than 50 or so people have this achievement if the leaderboards are correct. Even with the 10x multiplier, it's a pain in the rear end. Of course I imagine my ability to trem pick after 40+ attempts is somewhat impaired. I just couldn't stop....had to...get achievement....argghh

You are right that after attempting it a buncha times you will probably do worse. I got that achievement the other week when my mission was to level it up to 10, and while doing that, realized that you don't have to pick all that fast, actually. I was initially waaaaaay overdoing the speed that I needed to to get a high score. Also, it's more about making sure not to break a combo more then anything. If you can get to 8 million, 10 million isn't that far off as long as you don't break combo.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Rocksmith 1 (PC) is $7.49 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009GKT2W2

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 28, 2013

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
Thanks for the heads up. Already have it on PS3, but for seven bucks it's worth it just to import the songs. Well, still gotta buy the import tool I guess.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

They are. There's no difference right now. Computer versions can be a bit faster to load but they did a good job on reducing and removing load times for RS2014. In the future it might be possible to play custom songs with RS2014 and presumably it will be easier with a PC version, but who knows when/if it will happen.
Customs are coming pretty soon. They're doing what's basically a closed beta at the moment, and there's a list of a dozen or so issues they need to resolve before the first public release of the song creator. It'll be out before Christmas I'd say.
With that in mind, unless you've got a modded console, PC is a much better choice.

e: vv yup mac will work

awesmoe fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Nov 28, 2013

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

awesmoe posted:

Customs are coming pretty soon. They're doing what's basically a closed beta at the moment, and there's a list of a dozen or so issues they need to resolve before the first public release of the song creator. It'll be out before Christmas I'd say.
With that in mind, unless you've got a modded console, PC is a much better choice.

Is there any indication that customs will work on the mac too? fingers crossed.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Man I wonder if one of the recent patches changed anything because I swear the RS1 imported songs now sound better in RS2014 than they did before.

awesmoe posted:

e: vv yup mac will work

So does this mean I will be able to play all the Metallica/GNR songs in RS2014? :allears:

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

keyframe posted:

Man I wonder if one of the recent patches changed anything because I swear the RS1 imported songs now sound better in RS2014 than they did before.

So does this mean I will be able to play all the Metallica/GNR songs in RS2014? :allears:

Yes. And by all I mean some. And by some I mean the ones people want to do. 2014 uses a new file format, you wont be able to just use the customs that are already created. However I believe the tool takes the same (or similar) input files, so people won't have to re-transcribe everything (except where they want to use the new note track features).
The biggest block to porting will be tones, which are completely different.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I played Mind Eraser on bass and for some reason that is another tone that is really, really loud. Most of the bass tones in 2014 are really quiet to begin with but I was wearing headphones and this tone melted my eardrums and blasted them out of the opposite ear.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Original Rocksmith (Download version) on Amazon for 7.49 right now

I just bought Rocksmith 2014 and a new Guitar from Rondo music today, so I was pretty happy to see this.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Is the cable the same across all three platforms, or is there a difference between the console and PC versions?

I'm having a surprisingly hard time finding the cable for cheap, in the beginning of this thread it was discussed a lot of people buy RS1 with the cable included as a cheaper way to get the cable. I have an XBox but I'd much rather play it on steam, so if I buy a 360 version of RS1, will the cable work on my PC when I buy 2014 when it inevitably goes on sale?

Sorry if this has been answered already in the thread, I did a quick search and didn't come up with anything.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Renegret posted:

Is the cable the same across all three platforms, or is there a difference between the console and PC versions?

I'm having a surprisingly hard time finding the cable for cheap, in the beginning of this thread it was discussed a lot of people buy RS1 with the cable included as a cheaper way to get the cable. I have an XBox but I'd much rather play it on steam, so if I buy a 360 version of RS1, will the cable work on my PC when I buy 2014 when it inevitably goes on sale?

Sorry if this has been answered already in the thread, I did a quick search and didn't come up with anything.

Exactly the same cable.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The cable is identical on all platforms, its just a standard USB (A) connector.

Edit: The only other thing to consider is that if you buy the original on a console then you won't be able to import the original songs into 2014 without buying it again for PC.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Tunga posted:

The cable is identical on all platforms, its just a standard USB (A) connector.

Edit: The only other thing to consider is that if you buy the original on a console then you won't be able to import the original songs into 2014 without buying it again for PC.

Hmm, didn't think of that.

I'm probably going to just stop being a cheapass and buy the $50 pack on amazon, it really comes down to how significant the steam sale is. I was going to buy the $20 XBOX 360 Version someone linked early but I didn't notice it was out of stock.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Buy the PC game on Amazon or Best Buy.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

PaganGoatPants posted:

Buy the PC game on Amazon or Best Buy.

If I buy the PC version off of Amazon, would DLC through Steam work? I don't really intend on doing all of that stuff off the bat, but I like having these options open to me just in case I end up loving it more than I think I will.

I feel like such an idiot asking these questions but I haven't bought a non-stream game in years and I really, really don't trust anything ubisoft puts out.

Anyway, thank you everyone for your input, I've already put my order in on Amazon.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Renegret posted:

If I buy the PC version off of Amazon, would DLC through Steam work? I don't really intend on doing all of that stuff off the bat, but I like having these options open to me just in case I end up loving it more than I think I will.

I feel like such an idiot asking these questions but I haven't bought a non-stream game in years and I really, really don't trust anything ubisoft puts out.

Anyway, thank you everyone for your input, I've already put my order in on Amazon.

Buy the PC version digitally on Amazon for $7.50, buy the boxed copy of 2014 on Amazon for $50.
You'll get Steam keys for both, be able to import the songs from 1 and buy the DLC from 1.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Kaboobi posted:

Buy the PC version digitally on Amazon for $7.50, buy the boxed copy of 2014 on Amazon for $50.
You'll get Steam keys for both, be able to import the songs from 1 and buy the DLC from 1.

Ah, I see, I didn't realize the box was just a Steam key. That makes it really easy. Thanks!

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

havelock posted:

I'm on day 1 of playing bass and the only bad thing I've found is that it apparently carries over your default difficulty level from the guitar side. I'm trying to use my fingers and getting dumped into maxed out phrases was overwhelming.

I created a separate profile for bass because I didn't like how the missions and such carried over from lead guitar.

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

Exodor posted:

I created a separate profile for bass because I didn't like how the missions and such carried over from lead guitar.

Is your dlc shared between profiles? (I'm on xbox)

Edit: Yes, it does.

havelock fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 29, 2013

Dr Leisure Suit
Sep 21, 2013

keyframe posted:

So is it worth it to buy 1 and the inport now.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Dr Leisure Suit posted:

So is it worth it to buy 1 and the inport now.

I think so. $20 for all of those songs is an absolute steal.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Nocheez posted:

I think so. $20 for all of those songs is an absolute steal.

$7.50 for the original on amazon, so even less than $20. If only they still and the import tool discount (that was probably a mistake) still enabled

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

Ah, I see, I didn't realize the box was just a Steam key. That makes it really easy. Thanks!
To be clear, the box is not just a Steam key, you can install it standalone if you want.

Personally I don't even own a DVD drive so I had to sit there while Steam downloaded it on my lovely ADSL while the disc sat in the box!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

JHVH-1 posted:

$7.50 for the original on amazon, so even less than $20. If only they still and the import tool discount (that was probably a mistake) still enabled

Still mad that I hesitated that brief period the import tool was on sale. :argh:

It was only two bucks so it's not like it's gonna break the bank, but then I could have splurged on extra DLC guilt free.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Is there a way to manually increase the difficulty, or make it scale up faster?

I played a song I already know pretty well three times through and only missed a few notes and it's still only showing me like 25% of the full tab.

e: ok I found the score attack thing and that lets you play the hard version straight away (but still not the full version?)

fuf fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 29, 2013

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

fuf posted:

Is there a way to manually increase the difficulty, or make it scale up faster?

I played a song I already know pretty well three times through and only missed a few notes and it's still only showing me like 25% of the full tab.

e: ok I found the score attack thing and that lets you play the hard version straight away (but still not the full version?)

I think if you bring up riff repeater you can increase the difficulty and it will keep the settings even if you return to the normal mode.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Fire Safety Doug posted:

I think if you bring up riff repeater you can increase the difficulty and it will keep the settings even if you return to the normal mode.

Oh hey so it does. Thanks.

Another question: is there any way of pausing without the menu covering up the tab? Or skipping around the song without using the riff repeater (a button that skips back 5 seconds would be ideal)? Some bits are too hard to play first time, even slowed down, and I just want to look at the tab and figure out what's going on.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fuf posted:

Another question: is there any way of pausing without the menu covering up the tab? Or skipping around the song without using the riff repeater (a button that skips back 5 seconds would be ideal)?
No, that unfortunately doesn't exist.

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp

fuf posted:

Oh hey so it does. Thanks.

Another question: is there any way of pausing without the menu covering up the tab? Or skipping around the song without using the riff repeater (a button that skips back 5 seconds would be ideal)? Some bits are too hard to play first time, even slowed down, and I just want to look at the tab and figure out what's going on.

That's my only wish/complaint about this game. "Study Mode" would be really awesome.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
There is a study mode, it's called lower the speed and crank up the error tolerance. Admittedly haven't tried it myself (360's been offline since I got a PS4, my guitar time has been solely unplugged lately) but sounds like it might work.

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp

Dewgy posted:

There is a study mode, it's called lower the speed and crank up the error tolerance. Admittedly haven't tried it myself (360's been offline since I got a PS4, my guitar time has been solely unplugged lately) but sounds like it might work.

Yeah, I was referring to seeing the song without the song playing and being able to manually move forward and backward. Before internet, I used to learn songs by listening to a tape and writing out chord sheets, etc. Then I'd use those sheets to learn the song. Riff repeater is loving awesome though and I with I had something like this game 20 years ago when I had the kind of time for it that it deserves :)

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Am I alone in thinking Smashing Pumpkins - Chimera is the worst song ever made? I would pay money to have it removed from my game.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

keyframe posted:

Am I alone in thinking Smashing Pumpkins - Chimera is the worst song ever made? I would pay money to have it removed from my game.

Really? That's one of the songs that convinced me to buy this, along with Everlong.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So there is no way to control the difficulty of Star Chords? I keep leveling up and getting new chords in my face.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Really? That's one of the songs that convinced me to buy this, along with Everlong.

Both of them are things I wish weren't included. GOD drat US FOR HAVING DIFFERENT MUSICAL TASTES! GOD drat ALL OF US!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Any songs I don't like are immediately canceled out by the fact that they have My Own Summer on there. Now if only they'd get more Deftones stuff as DLC, I'd be all set.

Actually get some more Cure up there too. Give us One Hundred Years, and maybe Fascination Street for that sick bass riff.

MrData
Jun 28, 2008

Dewgy posted:

That doesn't really work in practice because a lot difficult licks and runs are in the middle of simple chords in a section. So if you lower the speed to 25% or something you have to sit through minutes of simple chords just to hit the complex section. And if you fail, you have to do that all over again. The ability to pause the song and scroll through would make the game so much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

We don't do .DOC in my cave.
Recording the song in game (with something like OBS) and then loading it in a decent media player should actually allow you to do that.

It's cumbersome, though.

Do the people working on the custom stuff have perhaps a way to export the notation of the DLC or in-game songs? Converting that to tabs then would solve a load of issues.