Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Potsticker posted:

Nope, but that's as good enough as a reason to give it a shot!

There was a PreCure thread before. It just died naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Well, now we have one again! Link.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Well, There's a cameo I wasn't expecting.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

This is literally the only thing I remember about the show from when I was a kid.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I really enjoyed SuperS while the Amazon Trio was around but now that the Quartet took over I downright hate it. Time to follow the essentials list again... :saddowns:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sailor moon anime confirmed for January 2014, with subtitles in 10 languages, including, presumably, English.

This post confirmed for the right thread!

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

Now we just need some promotional art and info on the staff/cast.

Switching into wishful thinking mode, my dream staff for the new series would include:
  • Umakoshi Yoshihiko as character designer. He's got experience with magical girls, and has adapted 90s shoujo character designs for animation.
  • Matsumoto Rie as director. An up and coming talent, best known for Kyousogiga, this would be an excellent showcase for her energetic style.
  • Yamada Takashi and Kuriyama Midori handling the script. They've got plenty of experience with magical girls.

Yeah, all of them worked on Heartcatch and/or Doremi. That's how I know they're good.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Rie is too busy w/ Kyousougiga TV to be working on SM right now assuming it is airing in Winter.

Which is why I spent the entire day cursing its existence when it was announced (even though its a great show!)

I don't know what Takashi is doing but Midori doesn't really work on things unless its with Team Umakoshi; unfortunately parts of Team Umakoshi are working on SSO right now so uh.

...the staffing situation re: Toei SM 2014 is pretty dire, since nearly everyone worthwhile is busy. Toei is making 6-7 shows right now.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Finally, the thread tag fits.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

If you need more of a Sailor Moon fix while waiting for the remake, and are a fan of Aino Minako as Sailor Venus is Best Sailor Ever with the Aino Minako Seal of Approval, it's worth checking out the Codename: Sailor V manga, Naoko's original sailor series that eventually spun off into Sailor Moon, only officially translated into English for the first time relatively recently along with the rest of the manga rereleases.

It includes action! Adventure! Romance! Tragedy! The beginning of Artemis's long career of suffering! Character designs that will later be blatantly stolen for use in the main Sailor Moon manga, including Rei as a police officer! Minako declaring she's sentencing a villain "to seppuku" before cutting it in half with a katana and Artemis thinks about correcting her about what that word means but :effort: gently caress it, at least she won the fight, right?! And desserts!

Plus, the totally true origin story of Aino Minako as Sailor Venus, Best Sailor Ever, and who could pass that up?

Pretend I punctuated this post with a picture of Crazy Eyes Minako holding her own Pure Heart Crystal and running away with it from that one S season episode . . . an image that GISing "sailor venus pure heart crystal" sadly doesn't provide.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

A Big Dark Yak posted:

Pretend I punctuated this post with a picture of Crazy Eyes Minako holding her own Pure Heart Crystal and running away with it from that one S season episode . . . an image that GISing "sailor venus pure heart crystal" sadly doesn't provide.

Just grab a still from it on Youtube (episode 109).

The interesting thing about Sailor V is that the first couple chapters were done before Sailor Moon but after that they only came out once or twice a year and it actually finished its run after SM.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

aers posted:

...the staffing situation re: Toei SM 2014 is pretty dire, since nearly everyone worthwhile is busy. Toei is making 6-7 shows right now.
Given how much of a fuckaround the production has been so far this surprises me little.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Endorph posted:

Sailor moon anime confirmed for January 2014, with subtitles in 10 languages, including, presumably, English.

This post confirmed for the right thread!

I'm waiting to see some sort of physical proof. A character sketch, cast list or promo poster. It feels like every announcement they make is another shovel of dirt flung out from the whole Toei is digging.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Revolver Bunker posted:

I'm waiting to see some sort of physical proof. A character sketch, cast list or promo poster. It feels like every announcement they make is another shovel of dirt flung out from the whole Toei is digging.

Or shilling toys/musicals

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Toei isn't even the one making all the merchandise & musical announcements. They're selling some of the new merch on their online store but thats about it.

The merch is all Bandai and the musicals aren't related to Toei.

In fact there's basically no confirmation Toei is doing the new show (although its something like 99.9% certain).

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Sailor Stars is the best season. Everyone has a personality all of a sudden! I love it.
Also I will never ever skip that OP theme :kamina:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

aers posted:

Just grab a still from it on Youtube (episode 109).

Thanks for the tip, I just looked up this episode ended up watching the whole thing. It's kind of hilarious to watch Usagi being the level-headed one. "That's great, Minako-chan! Now, hurry up and put it back inside..." "Heeheeheeheehee!" :woop:

That episode actually has some cool plot things going on, too - if anyone's looking for a random episode to watch I'd suggest it.

aers posted:

The interesting thing about Sailor V is that the first couple chapters were done before Sailor Moon but after that they only came out once or twice a year and it actually finished its run after SM.

How weird! I never realized, I always thought V came out first, then the proper series, like the "pilot" style chapters you sometimes see for manga. That's really quite bizarre.

CHiRAL posted:

Sailor Stars is the best season. Everyone has a personality all of a sudden! I love it.

It's hard to believe someone can be this right, but you've done it! Stars was great. And now I have to go listen to that opening.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

CHiRAL posted:

I have nothing nice to say about the 26 episodes in between the Super S endgame arc and the season's own Endgame.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

:geno: That one episode where everyone ended up at Usagi's house was sort of funny, I guess.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It was just such a waste to go from the first seven episodes, which did more to be an adaptation of Super S's manga arc than anything Super S actually did, only to putz around for a whole season only for Galexia to just go "Right, this is boring, everyone's going to die right the gently caress now because I drat well say so" and then everyone died right the gently caress then because she drat well said so.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
^^^ That sounds kinda badass tbh :downs:

I would just like to state that I friggin hate Chibi Chibi.
That is all.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh don't get me wrong, The first and last seven episodes are easily some of the best stuff to come out of Sailor Moon but those 26 episodes in the middle (inspite of some really funny proto-Doreimi bits here and there) are just a chore to go though.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Chibi Chibi didn't have a recurring romance subplot with a horse, at least.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Justin_Brett posted:

It was a flying unicorn! That's totally different! You suck at being a 12 year old girl :saddowns:

Edit: I love how Galaxia chose the Starlights' last concert to come over and gently caress poo poo up. It's as if she, too, was thinking: "You found your goddamn princess! Enough with that loving song already!"

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 21, 2013

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

Yeah, Super S was dumb which is why the first seven eps of Stars were a better Super S than Super S.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cover for Volume 1 of the 20th anniversary edition.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Is it just going to be a re-release of the original? (the same number of volumes & price)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Potsticker posted:

Is it just going to be a re-release of the original? (the same number of volumes & price)

I actually have no idea at all, just saw it pop up on twitter and thought it looked cool. Most of the 20th anniversary news has been about the (supposedly) upcoming new anime.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Potsticker posted:

Uhh I believe its 2 less volumes. It is also more expensive since its on bigger paper with better binding; this is the "complete" version.

Second vol cover.

aers fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 12, 2013

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
20th Aniversty site is up.

I'll let it's state speak for itself.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I forced reloaded the page twice because I was convinced my browser loaded it incompletely for whatever reason. :eng99:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wait, what's wrong with it? It looks pretty good to me. I mean it's just BUY OUR STUFF but what'd you expect?

If you mean the lack of the other three main scouts, isn't that because the 20th anniversary volumes with them on the cover aren't out yet?

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Why does S get such a bad rap around these parts? I finished it recently and the second half is the most fun I've had with Sailor Moon yet. The Outers are interesting and help the Inners develop a little, Mamoru only appears when he has something to add to the episode, the antagonists are the weirdest and less cliched so far, and Chibi Usa is a real character rather than a plot device.

Did I skip some really bad episodes or do I just have weird taste?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TK-31 posted:

Why does S get such a bad rap around these parts? I finished it recently and the second half is the most fun I've had with Sailor Moon yet. The Outers are interesting and help the Inners develop a little, Mamoru only appears when he has something to add to the episode, the antagonists are the weirdest and less cliched so far, and Chibi Usa is a real character rather than a plot device.

Did I skip some really bad episodes or do I just have weird taste?

You're getting confused with SuperS which is generally hated, S is the best series.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What was the series order again? Was it regular, then R, then S and super S? Wasn't there another one in there somewhere? I never got further than the dub so I'm a little hazy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's the right order, then Stars comes after SuperS.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

Wait, what's wrong with it? It looks pretty good to me. I mean it's just BUY OUR STUFF but what'd you expect?

It's more the lack of information about the animated series :(. Though yea, not expecting information to be announced just through the website.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

If you mean the lack of the other three main scouts, isn't that because the 20th anniversary volumes with them on the cover aren't out yet?
That, half of the sections being grayed out, the BUY OUR poo poo nonsese, it's a list.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Half the sections are greyed out and in two rows, three of two portraits are missing underneath. It doesn't look incomplete, it looks half-loaded! I assume the missing portraits are due to the other volumes of the new collections not being released yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The third and fourth covers officially revealed in Nakayoshi today (well, yesterday-ish), so yeah, they aren't on the site yet.

• Locked thread