Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gets
Mar 11, 2009
Just go to YouTube if you want to scroll through songs. You have the added benefit of seeing someone else's hand movements on a lot of RS LPs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I got the first rocksmith game when it came out and it was absolutely unplayable. I could barely get past the tuning stage as it just wouldn't register what I was playing. Now I have a pretty cheap guitar that came with a beginners pack. It doesn't actually sound so bad on its own with an amp for what it is, but I'm wondering if the guitar can matter so much to the point where the game is unplayable; kinda afraid of that happening again with RS2014. Being a student, I don't really have the cash for another better guitar any time soon.
Thing is, a friend of mine had a very similar guitar to mine and his worked like a dream with rocksmith; which made me wonder if it was more than just the guitar, maybe the cable or the USB connection? I have a pretty new PC and didn't think that would cause any issue. So I wondered if it was the guitar, does RS2014 handle crappier guitars better than the first one, or is the cable the same sort or is there an upgrade with the new one which improves things?
I love the idea of Rocksmith, I really wanted to get into it, but afraid if I pick this up I'll just find it's unplayable again.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

All rocksmith is doing is taking an electrical signal from the guitar, which is produced by the metal strings vibrating over the magnetic pickups and inducing an electrical current. In that signal you get the basic note frequency, which is what rocksmith is listening for to tell what note you're playing, and then a bunch of weaker, higher frequencies which shape the sound and make a guitar sound crappy or good.

Point is a crap guitar and an amazing guitar are exactly the same on a functional level, when it comes to outputting sound, so any problems you're having would be somewhere in that signal chain - the cable, the jack connector, the electronics in the guitar. If something's broken it won't work too well until it's fixed, but that is broken and not just a guitar being crappy. They should all at least make musical sounds, uninspiring as they might be.

You should plug your guitar into something - ideally an amp, otherwise an amp modeller or something on your computer - and just make sure it makes noise. An amp is better because you can use another cable (that you know works with another guitar) and start isolating the problem. If you're desperate you could plug in some earbuds with a jack adaptor, but the signal will be very weak - it's not a good way of diagnosing it.

If you don't want to gently caress around, give it to your friend and see if it works through his setup - if not, take your guitar to a shop and have them fix it. If it does work, your cable or computer are to blame, so swap cables and see if his works on your comp and your cable is hosed on his.

And make sure your volume is up :v: sounds obvious but you'd be surprised. Roll the knobs a few times and switch between your pickups if you have several and see if you get any sounds

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

We don't do .DOC in my cave.
Great reply above. Don't get RS2014 if RS1 can't 'hear' your guitar properly. If anything the new game is even pickier with tuning.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

baka kaba posted:

All rocksmith is doing is taking an electrical signal from the guitar, which is produced by the metal strings vibrating over the magnetic pickups and inducing an electrical current. In that signal you get the basic note frequency, which is what rocksmith is listening for to tell what note you're playing, and then a bunch of weaker, higher frequencies which shape the sound and make a guitar sound crappy or good.

Point is a crap guitar and an amazing guitar are exactly the same on a functional level, when it comes to outputting sound, so any problems you're having would be somewhere in that signal chain - the cable, the jack connector, the electronics in the guitar. If something's broken it won't work too well until it's fixed, but that is broken and not just a guitar being crappy. They should all at least make musical sounds, uninspiring as they might be.

You should plug your guitar into something - ideally an amp, otherwise an amp modeller or something on your computer - and just make sure it makes noise. An amp is better because you can use another cable (that you know works with another guitar) and start isolating the problem. If you're desperate you could plug in some earbuds with a jack adaptor, but the signal will be very weak - it's not a good way of diagnosing it.

If you don't want to gently caress around, give it to your friend and see if it works through his setup - if not, take your guitar to a shop and have them fix it. If it does work, your cable or computer are to blame, so swap cables and see if his works on your comp and your cable is hosed on his.

And make sure your volume is up :v: sounds obvious but you'd be surprised. Roll the knobs a few times and switch between your pickups if you have several and see if you get any sounds

Cheers, I wish I could take it to his to test it but he's since moved interstate for a job and don't know anyone else who plays it. When I use my guitar with an amp the sound is fine, in fact it's actually surprisingly decent for such a super cheap guitar/amp set-up. I have never tried using an amp through the computer, not even sure where I'd start with that.

So if I understand this right, rocksmith not picking up that I am even playing a note or the right note, is not to do with how good or bad a guitar is, but whether something somewhere is broken; the quality of the guitar only effects the quality of the sound? So for example, if my PC and the cable were working 100%, then something would actually have to be wrong with the guitar as opposed to it just of too poor a quality to work properly? So basically, there shouldn't be any need to get a new guitar and that if it weren't my cable/pc and it was the guitar, then theoretically any problem it's causing can be fixed and the same thing could happen to a top notch guitar if the same thing in it was broken?

I should mention that I can hear the sound of the guitar when I'm using rocksmith, it does play sound, it's just that it doesn't detect that the correct sound is being played.

thepokey fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Nov 30, 2013

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

thepokey posted:

I should mention that I can hear the sound of the guitar when I'm using rocksmith, it does play sound, it's just that it doesn't detect that the correct sound is being played.
Have you tried turning the volume up on the cable's input properties in Windows?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Tunga posted:

Have you tried turning the volume up on the cable's input properties in Windows?

Yep checked that, considering my PC is only a year old and runs most things pretty drat well, I think I ruled out it being a problem (after checking settings and stuff like you mentioned) and thought hardware might be the problem.

Oddly, the only way I got it to recognise the "proper" note when tuning, was to strum multiple strings at once, that's when it assumed it was correct, isolating the one string it wanted to tune just wouldn't work.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

thepokey posted:

Oddly, the only way I got it to recognise the "proper" note when tuning, was to strum multiple strings at once, that's when it assumed it was correct, isolating the one string it wanted to tune just wouldn't work.

When tuning up, make sure your pickup selector is in the neck position (if you have a neck pickup, some guitars don't). This results in a louder, fuller sound that RS will recognize easier.

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

^^^
Assuming his neck pickup isn't further from the strings, else it will make it worse.

Does anyone know a good free Windows tuning program? Might also be worth checking with for OP.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

thepokey posted:

Cheers, I wish I could take it to his to test it but he's since moved interstate for a job and don't know anyone else who plays it. When I use my guitar with an amp the sound is fine, in fact it's actually surprisingly decent for such a super cheap guitar/amp set-up. I have never tried using an amp through the computer, not even sure where I'd start with that.

So if I understand this right, rocksmith not picking up that I am even playing a note or the right note, is not to do with how good or bad a guitar is, but whether something somewhere is broken; the quality of the guitar only effects the quality of the sound? So for example, if my PC and the cable were working 100%, then something would actually have to be wrong with the guitar as opposed to it just of too poor a quality to work properly? So basically, there shouldn't be any need to get a new guitar and that if it weren't my cable/pc and it was the guitar, then theoretically any problem it's causing can be fixed and the same thing could happen to a top notch guitar if the same thing in it was broken?

As a caveat I don't actually know exactly how Rocksmith's algorithm works, but that's basically how sound works - you have your fundamental frequency, which is the note you're playing, then all the other harmonics are piled on top, to give the sound character and timbre (which is why different instruments playing the same note sound like different instruments). I honestly don't know why they'd need to use those other harmonics for the basic recognition they're doing, so that tonal character shouldn't even be an issue.

One thing you can try (and this goes for all tuners) is to roll off your tone knob, and use the pickup nearest the neck. This kills some of those higher frequency harmonics and lets the tuner hear a 'purer' tone that's less likely to confuse it. At a guess Rocksmith is a hell of a lot more picky when it's tuning, since then it's focusing on a precise frequency to tell you when you're dead on. If you can get it tuned, you can roll your tone back on and use whatever pickup you like, and while you're playing it's probably more concerned with hearing ballpark frequencies - maybe not dead on C3 but closer than the notes either side, that kind of thing.

It might also be worth comparing your guitar to another - if yours sounds fine through an amp, you might still be having to crank that amp because the signal is so weak, and another guitar plugged in after yours might be loud as gently caress. Although if you can hear it in the game, how does it sound? Loud enough? Pretty clear and decent? If you have a song with a clean tone (as in not distorted or overdriven, a nice jangly tone) does it actually sound clean, or is there audible clipping and distortion going on? You might want to turn Windows's input volume down in that case. If you hear hum, try switching to split pickups (one of the inbetween positions, the middle one on a two-pickup guitar, positions 2 and 4 on a three-pickup one)

Guitars are basically really simple instruments, they're pretty much unchanged since the 40's or whatever, they all work the same way. (Unless you have some active electronics in there, in which case - check the battery!) Half of what makes a guitar good are the materials, the build, how well it sustains, if the string buzzes against something - the physical characteristics of the acoustic instrument. A crappy guitar feels crappy, a good one just feels well put together and responsive. The other half is the signal chain - pickups sound different, some run hotter than others (stronger signal), some pick up more hum (which is a bigger problem around electrical equipment), and their distance from the strings affects things. The components they run through are pretty simple - some switches and variable resistors for the knobs, a few capacitors - and then it's straight out the back.

It actually sounds pretty bad if you hear it direct, that's where an amp or amp simulator comes in to make it sound like what we're used to. The extra signal detail from a 'good' guitar is what excites the amp and gives it more harmonic detail to work with. This is all icing on the cake though, all that's important here is the basic signal, and if you can't get a basic, fairly clean, fairly strong signal coming out of the guitar, it's not working too well and something needs fixing. Could be a bunch of things - loose connections, dirty pots, bad shielding, pickups too low. Nothing too complex, there's not really a lot going on in there! What guitar is it, by the way?

Just to round off this huge post, here's something you could use as a computer amp:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitubecs/
Free with buyable plugins - it's basically like what Rocksmith does. There are a lot of ways to turn raw guitar signals into something that sounds decent, but that's another post! (Or thread, even)

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Skuto posted:

^^^
Assuming his neck pickup isn't further from the strings, else it will make it worse.

Does anyone know a good free Windows tuning program? Might also be worth checking with for OP.

Snarks are really cheap on Amazon at the moment. I picked one up the other day. http://www.amazon.com/Snark-13-JQCT-G3R2-SN-1-Tuner/dp/B003VWJ2K8

squirreltactic
Sep 17, 2003

keyframe posted:

Am I alone in thinking Smashing Pumpkins - Chimera is the worst song ever made? I would pay money to have it removed from my game.

I'd pay money to remove Rotten Apple twice before anything else. I assumed that would be the "Visions" of Rocksmith 2014.

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

I already have 2 discrete tuners. I just want something I can use if I'm using my PC through the Rocksmith cable anyway.

Edit: Preferably something that doesn't require me to create account nr 284828484 just to download something free.

Hiowf fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Nov 30, 2013

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
The intonation was off on the guitar I was trying first. One of the strings would always make the game thing I was playing the wrong frets cause the notes were increasingly off as it went down the neck. If that's the case you could tune the thing till the cows come home and it won't help. I fiddled with the bridge bringing that string back enough that the 12th fret note got close enough to the open string and it's a lot better now.

I plan on getting a full setup at one point on the guitar cause it just needs a professionals touch having never had it.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Apparently Rocksmith is beginning to sell out. I was thinking of buying it yesterday but now the PC version is $79.99 and sold out on Amazon. Other platforms are similarly insanely priced.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hypnolobster posted:

Apparently Rocksmith is beginning to sell out. I was thinking of buying it yesterday but now the PC version is $79.99 and sold out on Amazon. Other platforms are similarly insanely priced.

That's the normal price with the cable. Check your local Best Buy and you might get lucky :shrug:. $49.99 for the game + cable is the best price we're going to see for a long time.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Skuto posted:

I already have 2 discrete tuners. I just want something I can use if I'm using my PC through the Rocksmith cable anyway.

Edit: Preferably something that doesn't require me to create account nr 284828484 just to download something free.

People seem to like these
http://tuneit.free.fr/Site/Home.html
http://www.gvst.co.uk/gtune.htm if you have a VST host

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

Thanks. Unfortunately the first one also requires a VST host if you're on Windows, the standalone is Mac only.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

baka kaba posted:

As a caveat I don't actually know exactly how Rocksmith's algorithm works, but that's basically how sound works - you have your fundamental frequency, which is the note you're playing, then all the other harmonics are piled on top, to give the sound character and timbre (which is why different instruments playing the same note sound like different instruments). I honestly don't know why they'd need to use those other harmonics for the basic recognition they're doing, so that tonal character shouldn't even be an issue.

One thing you can try (and this goes for all tuners) is to roll off your tone knob, and use the pickup nearest the neck. This kills some of those higher frequency harmonics and lets the tuner hear a 'purer' tone that's less likely to confuse it. At a guess Rocksmith is a hell of a lot more picky when it's tuning, since then it's focusing on a precise frequency to tell you when you're dead on. If you can get it tuned, you can roll your tone back on and use whatever pickup you like, and while you're playing it's probably more concerned with hearing ballpark frequencies - maybe not dead on C3 but closer than the notes either side, that kind of thing.

It might also be worth comparing your guitar to another - if yours sounds fine through an amp, you might still be having to crank that amp because the signal is so weak, and another guitar plugged in after yours might be loud as gently caress. Although if you can hear it in the game, how does it sound? Loud enough? Pretty clear and decent? If you have a song with a clean tone (as in not distorted or overdriven, a nice jangly tone) does it actually sound clean, or is there audible clipping and distortion going on? You might want to turn Windows's input volume down in that case. If you hear hum, try switching to split pickups (one of the inbetween positions, the middle one on a two-pickup guitar, positions 2 and 4 on a three-pickup one)

Guitars are basically really simple instruments, they're pretty much unchanged since the 40's or whatever, they all work the same way. (Unless you have some active electronics in there, in which case - check the battery!) Half of what makes a guitar good are the materials, the build, how well it sustains, if the string buzzes against something - the physical characteristics of the acoustic instrument. A crappy guitar feels crappy, a good one just feels well put together and responsive. The other half is the signal chain - pickups sound different, some run hotter than others (stronger signal), some pick up more hum (which is a bigger problem around electrical equipment), and their distance from the strings affects things. The components they run through are pretty simple - some switches and variable resistors for the knobs, a few capacitors - and then it's straight out the back.

It actually sounds pretty bad if you hear it direct, that's where an amp or amp simulator comes in to make it sound like what we're used to. The extra signal detail from a 'good' guitar is what excites the amp and gives it more harmonic detail to work with. This is all icing on the cake though, all that's important here is the basic signal, and if you can't get a basic, fairly clean, fairly strong signal coming out of the guitar, it's not working too well and something needs fixing. Could be a bunch of things - loose connections, dirty pots, bad shielding, pickups too low. Nothing too complex, there's not really a lot going on in there! What guitar is it, by the way?

Just to round off this huge post, here's something you could use as a computer amp:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitubecs/
Free with buyable plugins - it's basically like what Rocksmith does. There are a lot of ways to turn raw guitar signals into something that sounds decent, but that's another post! (Or thread, even)

I'll look this over again when its not so late at night here, but I basically have no idea what you're saying anymore, that's not because of your explanations, its because of me being :v: when it comes to this.
Although as for how it sounds, it doesn't sound clipping or too distorted in-game. When I try to tune to, it sounds quite good and and pretty clear, it sounds as if it should be working, but RS just doesn't pick up the note you're playing unless you really strum the gently caress out of 2-3 strings at once and then it goes "oh now you got it, you're all tuned up!" even if the 2-3 strings didn't include the one I was actually meant to be tuning. It's like the sound is there, you can hear it, it sounds good, it's more like the game just isn't registering that it's the correct sound.

The guitar is so beginner's pack that I'm not sure it has an actual name haha. I'll check it in the morning and let you know.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

thepokey posted:

I'll look this over again when its not so late at night here, but I basically have no idea what you're saying anymore, that's not because of your explanations, its because of me being :v: when it comes to this.
Although as for how it sounds, it doesn't sound clipping or too distorted in-game. When I try to tune to, it sounds quite good and and pretty clear, it sounds as if it should be working, but RS just doesn't pick up the note you're playing unless you really strum the gently caress out of 2-3 strings at once and then it goes "oh now you got it, you're all tuned up!" even if the 2-3 strings didn't include the one I was actually meant to be tuning. It's like the sound is there, you can hear it, it sounds good, it's more like the game just isn't registering that it's the correct sound.

The guitar is so beginner's pack that I'm not sure it has an actual name haha. I'll check it in the morning and let you know.

Try a different USB port. In the recording devices tab of the sound control panel, the device should say "Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter" - not USB microphone. If it doesn't, you need a different port.

Start Rocksmith 2014, choose your profile, alt-tab out, up the volume of that recording device to 75ish. Alt-tab back in. Better?

All that still doesn't work you have a hosed guitar or cable. I'd check the guitar first, the cable is pretty simple.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Skuto posted:

Thanks. Unfortunately the first one also requires a VST host if you're on Windows, the standalone is Mac only.

Ahh sorry, a few people seem to like this but I've never tried it either:
http://www.nch.com.au/tuner/

thepokey posted:

Haha don't worry about it, I was just explaining that all guitars are basically the same on the level that computer analysis cares about, and any signal problems will come from the basic components and wiring in the guitar. Stuff that can be a bit hit and miss in a cheap guitar, but also not a big deal to fix.

If it all sounds good in-game then I'd just go with the tone rolled off, neck pickup combo to give it the best signal, step away from any electronics equipment to avoid hum, and don't pick harder than you normally play (it'll make the wound strings sound higher than they are). Other than that, I don't know. If you tune yourself and then do your 'gently caress you' tuning trick, does the game work at recognising what you're playing? On the lower frets at least

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

PaganGoatPants posted:

That's the normal price with the cable. Check your local Best Buy and you might get lucky :shrug:. $49.99 for the game + cable is the best price we're going to see for a long time.

Ack, drat. I was 49 on amazon yesterday and I assumed that was the normal price. Guess I should have jumped on it.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Skuto posted:

^^^

Indeed, a pickup mounted too low wouldn't help. But guitar strings vibrate much more intensely over the neck PU than they do over the bridge. A neck PU not providing enough output would either be defective or completely sunken into the body cavity.

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

Turkey Farts posted:

Indeed, a pickup mounted too low wouldn't help. But guitar strings vibrate much more intensely over the neck PU than they do over the bridge. A neck PU not providing enough output would either be defective or completely sunken into the body cavity.

Ha, I never realized this. But looking at my guitar, it must be right. The neck pickup is way lower even though I know it's giving approximately the same volume as the bridge.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Skuto posted:

Ha, I never realized this. But looking at my guitar, it must be right. The neck pickup is way lower even though I know it's giving approximately the same volume as the bridge.

This is very common. Many guitars leave the factory this way in order to ensure relatively equal output from all pickups—thus avoiding dramatic volume changes when switching between them. Another practice is to raise (or lower) a certain side of the pickup rather than the entire unit so that it is no longer parallel to the guitar's fretboard. This is beneficial if there seems to be an imbalance in the frequency response on a certain pickup. For example, if the low strings sound too boomy and muddied up in the neck position but the response of your higher strings is nice and clear, you could lower the end nearest your low E to smooth out the lower frequencies.

If things still sound like poo poo, just change your strings.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
If the pickups are too close the magnets can have an affect the strings. So having a lower pickup where the strings are naturally vibrating can help sustain or intonation (At least that's what I read and saw on youtubes)

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Tunga posted:

No, that unfortunately doesn't exist.

Tarq posted:

That's my only wish/complaint about this game. "Study Mode" would be really awesome.

After playing some more today this is still really bumming me out. I don't get how I'm ever supposed to learn a song if I can't pause and look through the tab.

I tried making the riff repeater really slow, but like MrData said it's just an exercise in frustration waiting for the difficult bit to scroll by.

I ended up looking up one tab online, which kinda negates the whole reason I bought the game. :v:

How do other people do it?

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

Sustain yes (due to lack of magnetic draw). Intonation sound stranger, I don't see how the physics could work?

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

fuf posted:

Muscle memory?

Learning something by hearth seems to work better with tabs, I agree.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fuf posted:

After playing some more today this is still really bumming me out. I don't get how I'm ever supposed to learn a song if I can't pause and look through the tab.

I tried making the riff repeater really slow, but like MrData said it's just an exercise in frustration waiting for the difficult bit to scroll by.

I ended up looking up one tab online, which kinda negates the whole reason I bought the game. :v:

Can't you isolate the difficult area in the RR and then make it slow? It should start from that part.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Skuto posted:

Muscle memory?

Yeah but muscle memory only comes in when you know what you're meant to be playing. :v:

I'm talking about literally just working out the order of the notes in a tricky riff.

(Also, don't the difficulty changes gently caress up muscle memory? Like if the easy version has you playing thee notes, you'd wanna up-pick the middle note. But if the hard version adds two more notes then suddenly you're down-picking the middle note. Two different hand movements with two different muscle memories.)

PaganGoatPants posted:

Can't you isolate the difficult area in the RR and then make it slow? It should start from that part.

Ya you can but the chunks of song in the RR are pretty large, so you can't really isolate a single riff or lick to see what you should be playing.

Unexpected
Jan 5, 2010

You're gonna need
a bigger boat.
Apologies if it's already been asked (there's nothing in the OP) but is one version better than another? E.g. PC vs. PS3.
Thanks.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PC is the best because eventually custom tracks will show up.

If you don't care about that, the two are functionally equivalent.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Unexpected posted:

Apologies if it's already been asked (there's nothing in the OP) but is one version better than another? E.g. PC vs. PS3.
Thanks.

You'll continue to own and use a PC. The PS3 has just had it's replacement released, so who knows if the Rocksmith ecosystem will continue to support that system in the future.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Unexpected posted:

Thanks.

The PC has Steam sales for cheaper DLC and upcoming custom support. Other than that they play pretty much the same?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was bored and bought some random DLC that I thought I would like but are in fact unfun and sound like poo poo in the game so avoid these songs:
Born to be Wild
Anna Molly

However get these songs because they sound awesome and are fun:
Ballroom Blitz
Killer Queen

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp

Unexpected posted:

Thanks.

Mac version. For some reason my newish PC has a lot more input lag than my 2011 MBP.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
PS3 has customs working but you need a chip modded console that can get you hardware banned for online games, same as the 360 version. PC needs a modified DLL file to play them but that's only undergoing limited release until the editor kit is ready for release.

Also you need to specifically package the DLC for each format and there's a bug where some people cannot create Mac files on a PC or PC files on a Mac even though it's supposed to output both.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tarq posted:

Mac version. For some reason my newish PC has a lot more input lag than my 2011 MBP.
It's basically down to your sound card/chip. I'm using an Asus ExtremeFX card (which came with my Maximus VI Impact and the latency is negligible. Previously I had an Asus Xonar DX and it was unplayably bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So, tell me if i'm asking for something against the rules here, but does anyone know if there's a way to rip songs from the game? Because i keep wanting Monochromic and Self-Destruct in some format outside of the game, but they literally do not exist anywhere at all. It kinda sucks.