Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Not my oath complete but I wanted to make sure these were OK for the the speed painting point. If they are I'll re-post them with my actual oath complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Sorry for the lateness on this but been a busy work week I've been spending all my time editing this image:

1 Point: Slimnoid

I've got your name down twice from the 3 times I reviewed the slideshow so I must have really liked your witchlings (which I do)! The orange trim on the robes offsets the base purple well and you did a creative but fitting theme with the fire/books basing.

2 Points: Bucnasti

It's not the first 'skool bus' I've seen, but probably the most scratch built! Most people would have just dinged the hell out of a cheap model but you went the extra distance and got yourself some extra points for it!

3 Points: Iris of Ether

The Bad Boyz Bones Band rocks! Pun intended. Including the guys throwing up the horns was a natural given the idea, but all your conversions turned out pretty ace. A small part of me is sad you didn't build a goblin drum set though.

Bonus Point: Pash

I have to say, a lot of people did some nice interpretations for such a basic theme this month. But pink isn't something most people will purely base a models colour around for various reasons. But the point of the theme is that it's for a great cause! This knight has no shame in his pink regalia and boldly crusades for the pink ribbon!

Edit: There was a lot of great work as usual last month and I'm sorry some people got cut from the top 3(and a half) during selection but there's some hard choices to make. It's getting noticeable to see some oathers skills in both painting and photography improve. Tell me this doesn't look like a prototype poster for Infinity: The Movie. Just needs an exploding building in the background or such.

thiswayliesmadness fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Nov 29, 2013

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

thiswayliesmadness posted:

3 Points: Iris of Ether

:neckbeard:

Don't worry - the requisite Reaper order was placed this past month. I like drums too much to let that slide.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
November Oath Complete!

For the Detekive's Jurnal, the Runtherds and two grots stole were given new hair squigs and told to "go wild!"

The one on the bottom left turned out looking more like the top of his skull was removed, should have gone for more texture. But I really like how the mustache on the other one came out, and the pompadour on the grot.

Does this count for the themed group?

Haydrian fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 30, 2013

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Iris of Ether posted:

:neckbeard:

Don't worry - the requisite Reaper order was placed this past month. I like drums too much to let that slide.

Iris, do you have a link to where one can order that drum kit? I've been looking for more realistic cymbal stands and an extra single drum for my upcoming December oath/xmas present.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Iris, do you have a link to where one can order that drum kit? I've been looking for more realistic cymbal stands and an extra single drum for my upcoming December oath/xmas present.

Sure!

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/drum/latest/50070

I just used the Boneyard links on the bottom of that page to purchase extra pieces. What's pictured is the base, 2x toms, and 2x cymbals.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Sweet! Thanks, Iris!

For content, here's a pre-completion pic of the only mini I've finished so far Dr. Zhukov and his original portrait!

(I hope I didn't just DQ myself. If posting that pic early was bad form, my excuse is that I'm pretty drunk on hot buttered rum right now.)

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATH COMPLETE

Themed Group

Detectuv's Jurnal

These gobbers are sporting spiny mowhawks. Now how could that have happened?

Backstory
"Bro! I found one!" One gobber shouted to another. He ripped the sheet off the tavern billboard and ran to the bar where his brother sat. The elder gobber turned from his drink and adjusted his goggles to look at the sheet. Wanted: fogmakers. If interested head up the path until you reach snow. We'll find you. "It's work bro!"
"Looks sketchy to me Mog. No credentials. We don't need a job that ba-"
The bartender interupted with a rather forced cough.
"Ok maybe we do. A job's a job. Where do they need us?"

The goblin brothers trudged along the mountain path, fog gear in tow. "I sure hope these fellows pay well. Cold's gettin' to me."
"Oy, I see snow up ahead. Any camps?"
The big gobber turned a knob on his goggles. "Not even any smoke. This better not have been a waste of-"
Something zoomed by and the big goblin kneeled over.
"Vog!" was all the second could say before being hit.

Vog awoke in shackles nailed to a tree. "My aching head... Didn't think I'd get skorne this far north. Well I escaped you guys twice I can do it again!". The gobber fidgeted with his manackles and quickly freed himself. First rule of being a non-human mercenary: Know how to escape from a bad gig. This time was easy, they hadn't even taken his gear. Adjusting his goggles he peeked around the tree. Mog was speaking with some robed figures. Except...
"Mog?"
The younger goblin's skin was discoloured and little spines were sprouting out of him. One of the robed figures was muttering giberish.
The goblin turned to his old name. His eyes were glowing.
"Welcome to the legion brother"
The back of Vog's mind screamed to run away. His body refused to cooperate. Little spines began to grow out of his skull.
"Yes.. The Legion."

I always figured being "blighted" was like some combination of mutation and brainwashing, since the blighted nyss are described as loving everblight. Why not have mercs become blighted too?

Speed painting

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Oath complete!

Does adding hair and a mustache count as a conversion? If so, I might as well claim it!

I also claim display board complete!

Bachtere posted:

Detektuv's Jurnal Bonus, Pink, 1 Point: Achmed Jones
A good looking worm. The pink works for the model, and the worm snot was very well done.

:woop: Thanks!

Germ
May 7, 2013

:barf: NOVEMBER OATH COMPLETE!!!! :barf:

I'll be claiming some bonuses this month, as well.

Here's the whole oath:

I painted the Nomad Zero according to the Box Art

For the Detektiv's Jurnal, I added a mustache to Deputy Wayne Tisdale

The story of Deputy Wayne and his new partner is a heart-warming tale, told here as an action-packed one-act play for the Backstory Bonus

[SCENE: A ramshackle living room, with 3 PARTYGOERS jumping around, drinking, shouting, and generally causing a ruckus. A knock is heard at the door, quiet at first, and then becoming louder and more insistent when the PARTYGOERS do not respond]

PARTYGOER 1: [Opens door to reveal DEPUTY WAYNE] Hello, what? [beat] Oh, Hey! [turns to others] look everybody, it's Little Wayne!

DEPUTY WAYNE: That's Deputy Wayne, now. Listen, we've had a complaint about noise. Seems you boys have been carrying on a bt too loud. We'd like to ask you to keep it down.

PARTYGOER 1: We? Who are you with? [Cranes neck to look behind Deputy Wayne]

DEPUTY WAYNE: Just me and my new partner. [steps aside to reveal NURGLITCH THE OBSCENE]

NURGLITCH THE OBSCENE: Bleeaarrrgggghhh!!!!! [Vomits a tidal wave of filth onto PARTYGOER 1, who dissolves into a puddle of slime]

DEPUTY WAYNE: You all keep it down, OK? [Closes door]

PARTYGOER 2: [aghast] Oh my God! Did you ... did you see that?

PARTYGOER 3: Yep, Deputy Wayne grew a mustache!

PARTYGOER 2: I know, and it looked great!

END

And, the rest of the photos:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

Oath complete!

Does adding hair and a mustache count as a conversion? If so, I might as well claim it!

I'm gonna say no, on the basis that most goons sculpted on some hair as part of this month's theme, and the theme shouldn't also count for some other contest by default.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

(I hope I didn't just DQ myself. If posting that pic early was bad form, my excuse is that I'm pretty drunk on hot buttered rum right now.)

Goodness no, we encourage everyone to post their works in progress, always.

Ledgem posted:

Not my oath complete but I wanted to make sure these were OK for the the speed painting point. If they are I'll re-post them with my actual oath complete.

Yup!

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Oath Failed.

Too much ambition, too much delay, and there's simply too much to do tomorrow for me to reasonably finish my knights. I'll have to go for the save next month.

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
Oath Complete!

Painted his face to try and make it look like stubble for the Detektiv's Jurnal

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Oath complete!

For the Detektuv's Jurnal I painted on a beard on moustache on the Necromancer, which he didn't have originally. You can tell from the product page at GW's site: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1250029a

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
:frogsiren:Oath Complete:frogsiren:
One earth elemental from Reaper Bones:

The benefits of picking something you can drybrush the poo poo out of are that you can finish it inside two hours and still have it look at least vaguely presentable.

Jurnal is the static-grass beard and eyebrows (thanks for the inspiration Bucnasti)

I had a massive energy crash this month due to work, hence this being last-minute and a bit crap.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
:siren: Oath complete! :siren:

:siren: Jurnal entry
:siren: Claiming: Backstory

Gather round little scabbies and let me tell ya 'bout Ol' Job. Now most of ye probably heard or seen Ol' Job, moanin' 'n' shamblin' around these old pits we call home. But I reckon you don't know, that so did yer grandpappies. You see, Ol' Jobs been about a long time, helpin' out were he can, never runnin' from a scrap, not that he can run. Why, he even bit some stupid inquisitor that came thru here years ago. Sure, he gets mutilated and dismembered from time to time, but folks just slide his remains into the Glowin' pits and he'll be back in a jiffy. So remember to set out some fresh guts for him this season and he might leave ya a sweet little eyeball from his eyeball pouch.

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
:siren: Oath complete

Jurnal is the beards in various states of shaving.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
:siren:November Oath Complete!

Jurnal is the cropped hair on the captain.

I think this also qualifies for Themed Group.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

drat, don't think I've ever left it so late to post a complete oath.. Guess I better do some painting tonight :)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

My God, I love this beard

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:catdrugs: OATH COMPLETE :catdrugs:

Introducing the Parade Syndicate Redlegs!

The ball is in there too. Also themed group

The Jacks

The Strikers

The Guards

Wait... isn't that Lars Mortlock? The Redlegs starting guard so manly that not only does he sport his epic Fu Manchu outside of his armour, but by gazing upon its lustrous visage you and your significant other have both just been impregnated? Jurnal by the way.

The Referee

Referee Bot A1-3PH was so enamoured with the cyberpunk hairdo of a passing spectator that she went to the wig bot and got one of her very own. Other half of the Jurnal

Now for the extras, this is the conversion on my Vypers - it has a hulll mounted twin shuriken launcher, which can be upgraded to a cannon, and a rear mounted cannon, which can be upgraded to any of the Eldar heavy weapons. Stupidly the kit comes with no front cannon upgrade and only the rear cannon with no other heavy weapons, so I used Wave Serpent weapon guards, some magnets and my knife to turn the rear cannon into an underslung front mount upgrade. Which is why they all have no weapons at the back, they'll borrow previously oathed ones.

Speed Painting I posted earlier, reposted for good measure

Immediate Edit: Missed my name on one photo :ohdear:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 30, 2013

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008
Oath Complete

Jurnal is the stylish beard on Santa.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
Oath Complete!

I'm claiming the Fly your flag bonus on this one:

Jurnal close-up (I decided to freehand a moustache, and now he looks like Matt Barnes to me):

I'm p sure you already have this as a conversion, leperflesh, so I don't think I need to add anything here for that. I'f I'm wrong, please hit me with something appropriate.

IrvingWashington fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 30, 2013

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Wooo! :siren: Oath complete! :siren:

Skeletons, constituting a Themed Group. (They would have been speed painted too, but I forgot to take the 'before' timestamp picture.)

Reaper (anti?)Paladin. I decided to challenge myself to paint a model in black armor, and I'm pretty happy with how it came out. His unshaven face is my Detective's Jurnal

Infinity models painted this month!

Crazy Koalas came out alright, but not great. I'll probably redo them in the future, after nailing the scheme down better.

The Spektr (Counts as Moran Maasai) came out fairly well though, as my first model painted as a Mass Effect Alliance soldier.

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

:catdrugs:Oath Complete!:catdrugs:

Although I do need to shake the excess grass off their bases.

One Mage and a themed group of six Swordmasters.

The tiny magic braziers are going to serve as tokens for the High Magic Lore Attribute, so I'd like to claim the I Rolled a Six! bonus.

No Jurnal this month.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Oath complete! No jernul

The group shot:

Zaal & Kovaas:

The Infinity dudes:

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Oath Complete, barely.

All:

Converted gaunts (claws are above head, head modified, and they're repositioned on bases)

Bastilodon

Regulars

Saurus Cavalry (I painted a TON of lizard stuff this month but didn't oath it all, the oath are the front five)

Converted Stegadon (included my 2 40k "good" armies on the back)

Jurnal - Stegadon has a grass beard.

Skinks (with Kroxigors, again, i painted a ton of stuff and this is their full unit)

For conversions:

Direwolf posted:

Haha I'm not sure i have WiP pictures but I do have a 10 minute video of the conversion process I could post!

Actually here are some WiP I apparently took:

(unpainted are oaths here)

Cutting box

This has been the hardest month of my life, for a number of reasons, so I'm glad I did most of this work early on - had to rush at the end, but it's done.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
In an attempt to get in before the deadline I oath this Reaper Bones Fire Giant in 28mm scale

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Bucnasti posted:

In an attempt to get in before the deadline I oath this Reaper Bones Fire Giant in 28mm scale

:ssh: oaths are closed 1 week before deadline, save your paints for just one more day brosef

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Oath Complete

No jurnal this month sadly.

edit: spelling

Korwen fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 18, 2013

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

enri posted:

:ssh: oaths are closed 1 week before deadline, save your paints for just one more day brosef

I'm calendar challenged and thought today was the 23rd. I withdraw my November oath.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

:siren: Oath complete! :siren:

'Wolf' by Hasslefree Miniatures

Jurnal entry is the stubble painted on this Arnie lookalike. By crom, look ad dat fine stubble 'e haz on his chin yeeeurghhhh.

UCM Bear APCs by Hawk Wargames
Scourge Invader APCs by Hawk Wargames

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete
Phoning it in a bit this month due to lack of time. No facial hair, I'm afraid.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
:radcat: Oath Complete :radcat:

Sassy mustache for Movember Jurnal;

Claimed for Box Art!

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete
It's sloppy as hell, but the end of the month is here. No bases because eventually they'll go on the huge base for the whole piece.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

Jurnal entry is the filthy comb of hair I added to that last guy.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Magnus the Warlord with a stubbly face for this month's Jurnal

Saxon Orrik

Steelhead Riflemen

Troll Bouncer

Man-O-Wars

Extreme Juggernaut

Nyss Hunters, a Themed Group

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Namenlos posted:

Sassy mustache for Movember Jurnal;

:allears: That is the fanciest of men. I think he actually looks better with the mustache.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
OATH COMPLETE

Also, THEMED GROUP

Detektuv's Jurnal is the new spiffy mohawk lead pipe guy has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

Detektuv's Jurnal

My camera(Phone) refused to let me take a good picture of the mustache.

Also themed group

• Locked thread