Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I have them, that LP was amazing and it's a shame that it never finished. I can up the videos but yeah, it'd be great to have a permanent storage of them somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I've been watching this, and have to give a hearty recommendation: These guys on youtube worked on Ratchet & Clank games and did LPs for 2 and 3. You should watch this even if you have no knowledge of the games if you're even mildly interested in game development, because the guys are funny, they complain about each other's design constantly, they share stories from the development that are hilarious, interesting, and both at the same time, and it's a pretty good playthrough of the games on top of it.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Amppelix posted:

I've been watching this, and have to give a hearty recommendation: These guys on youtube worked on Ratchet & Clank games and did LPs for 2 and 3. You should watch this even if you have no knowledge of the games if you're even mildly interested in game development, because the guys are funny, they complain about each other's design constantly, they share stories from the development that are hilarious, interesting, and both at the same time, and it's a pretty good playthrough of the games on top of it.

Except for the part where they're awful at the games. :haw: But yeah, definitely watch these guys. I know they've been brought up before in this thread, but it really is an interesting watch. I just wish they would get a move on with the first game they've done all of one video for.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

I have them, that LP was amazing and it's a shame that it never finished. I can up the videos but yeah, it'd be great to have a permanent storage of them somewhere.

Having them on Dropbox or somewhere would be nice - or perhaps one of co-commentators could reupload them to their YouTube channels?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Disaster: Day of Crisis by Coulis and friends

If anyone's planning on reuploading them to Youtube or something, do note that these videos are anamorphic 16:9 at 720x480, so you'll need to fix that to make them look right. The yt:stretch=16:9 tag should still work.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 8, 2014

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Speaking of Coulis, it seems like his Obscure 1 and 2 videos have disappeared. Anyone still have them?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Sociopastry posted:

Speaking of Coulis, it seems like his Obscure 1 and 2 videos have disappeared. Anyone still have them?
Yup: https://archive.org/details/LP_Obscure_1_and_2

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Cheers!

Also, I'd like to throw out there that Niggurath's LPs of the Fatal Frame series are all really good.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Anyone got any suggestions for chilled out long LP's of interesting games? Basically i'm doing the annual "insomniac Jadestar" request. The games can be creepy, that's fine, just not super highpaced and loads of flashy colors.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I like the Diablo 2 run by My Name Is Kaz - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571631

He's running the game really low intensity, using nothing but his summoned skeletons and minions, and he's pretty informative about the game. And being Diablo 2 it's all fairly dark, so definitely not flashy.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Dongattack posted:

Anyone got any suggestions for chilled out long LP's of interesting games? Basically i'm doing the annual "insomniac Jadestar" request. The games can be creepy, that's fine, just not super highpaced and loads of flashy colors.
This

Sociopastry posted:

I'd like to throw out there that Niggurath's LPs of the Fatal Frame series are all really good.
Any combination of Niggurath and survival horror is chilled out, to the point it literally feels like a Great Old One is playing, without raising an eyebrow at the unspeakable horrors of girls in cat/maid/plain outfits. There may be occasional loud noises from the games, though.

There's a lot of him in the lparchive.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

SelenicMartian posted:

This

Any combination of Niggurath and survival horror is chilled out, to the point it literally feels like a Great Old One is playing, without raising an eyebrow at the unspeakable horrors of girls in cat/maid/plain outfits. There may be occasional loud noises from the games, though.

There's a lot of him in the lparchive.

I'd especially recommend the "Rule of Rose" LP for this. It's possibly Niggurath's most subdued output, and it's a REALLY good story for a game that you probably won't play and possibly never heard of.

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
My lparchive search was fruitless so i must ask:

Has anyone LPed either of the Crimson Skies games?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Research Inidcates did an unfinished run of the first game:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3270375

As I said, it's been abandoned, but RI's name should be enough to guarantee that what content there is, is top-notch.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Research Indicates LP'd the computer version of the game, but I'm not sure if he ever finished it.

RI is the gold standard when it comes to LP's so you're in for a treat if you can find it.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eck6ufpq04I

Here it is. Enjoy.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Nov 27, 2013

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
Thanks fellas. Might have to purchase a copy for myself then. The lack of LPs for two apparently well-received games surprises me. At least there is something though.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I like the Diablo 2 run by My Name Is Kaz - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571631

He's running the game really low intensity, using nothing but his summoned skeletons and minions, and he's pretty informative about the game. And being Diablo 2 it's all fairly dark, so definitely not flashy.

I think I was directed there from this very thread but it bears repeating anyway. Last I watched he was in hell difficulty using only summons on his necro. Act 3 I think now?

It's diablo 2 with some personality. And that personality is a necromnacer that doesn't want to touch any creepy monsters or gross dead bodies. Very entertaining.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It's incredible that he managed to stay mostly on topic for all those hours. It's a very well-done and enjoyable LP.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

It's definitely a nice, long, relaxed LP. If someone pitched this LP to me as "some dude plays through all of Diablo 2, all three difficulties, with a build that relies just on pets," I probably wouldn't have bothered. His commentary is great, covers a lot of D2 topics (most of which I was oblivious to), and there just isn't really a "dry spell" or a "slump" or anything. It's good, consistent fun :shobon:

I'm glad there isn't much indication of the stream-chat. I just like to imagine some Diablo sperglords rambling in all caps about DUDE YOU'RE NOT MIN/MAXING THIS RIGHT, and Kaz is just ignoring 'em :v: Those 20 unspent stat-points are most certainly bothering some folks, and I find it delightful :getin:

Geop fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 27, 2013

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

For those of you who haven't noticed, there's a new LP of Fallout. Oh, and it's by The Dark Id.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Does anyone remember that one Zelda LP that was weird because it was done with time limits on when quests would open? It was one of the old ones. I can't remember for the life of me what it was called and can't seem to find it in the archive. Maybe it was just a fever dream.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Sociopastry posted:

Does anyone remember that one Zelda LP that was weird because it was done with time limits on when quests would open? It was one of the old ones. I can't remember for the life of me what it was called and can't seem to find it in the archive. Maybe it was just a fever dream.

The Ancient Stone Tablets one?

Edit: The playlist is here. It was abandoned, though.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I'm looking for humorous group or pair LPs, preferably currently active. I can't get enough of Ride to Hell and would like other LPs in that style. I really loved Blood on the Sand, Mecernaries 2, Lowtax's Bad Games thread, and everything by the Tipping 40s.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

alcharagia posted:

The Ancient Stone Tablets one?

Edit: The playlist is here. It was abandoned, though.

That's the one. Shame ti was abandoned, I really enjoyed it while it lasted.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

dantheman650 posted:

I'm looking for humorous group or pair LPs, preferably currently active. I can't get enough of Ride to Hell and would like other LPs in that style. I really loved Blood on the Sand, Mecernaries 2, Lowtax's Bad Games thread, and everything by the Tipping 40s.

Have you seen anything by Coolguye and TheLastRoboKy? They're currently doing Fall of Cybertron, but they've done other LPs, including War for Cybertron. They don't really do bad games, though Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is close, but going off the other people you listed I think you might like them.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
You could also watch Paper Lion, Hbomberguy, and Clever Spambot's LP of the Family Guy video game :v:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

dantheman650 posted:

I'd seriously recommend checking out the Disaster LP re-uploaded just few posts above by Admiral H. Curtiss. it's one of the most hilarious things on these forums.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

dantheman650 posted:

I always thought that Bacter and Mzbund were a pretty funny duo doing their best at being adventurers in Amulets and Armor and currently they're doing an LP of Baldur's Gate in the same style: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3577581

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Bacter and Mzbundifund have a great rapport and I'm excited they're doing Baldur's Gate because if they go through the whole series that should make for a nice, substantial LP.

Oh, and kalonZombie and Ape Has Killed Ape are the Chip and Ironicus of Ratchet and Clank, I have it on good authority.

Skelicopter
Feb 19, 2013

More like Prince Alarming
Speaking of Bacter and Mzbundifund's Baldur's Gate thread, Red_October_7000 posted this over there:

Red_October_7000 posted:

Well I guess this will be going the distance! I've 5'd already but I'd 5 again if I could. BG2 is a favourite of mine and the BG Ironman runs thread was enough to make me grab BG2 off GOG because of how much good times I had with that game. This will be a truly epic Let's Play!

I didn't want to derail that thread into talking about other LPs, especially because I was worried it might end up in spoiler territory and half the point of the thread is that Bacter's going in blind. So I thought I'd bring it here, and was wondering if someone could link me to the BG Ironman thread Red_October_7000 mentions? It sounds intriguing.

unfair
Oct 6, 2012

bladedsmoke posted:

Speaking of Bacter and Mzbundifund's Baldur's Gate thread, Red_October_7000 posted this over there:

I didn't want to derail that thread into talking about other LPs, especially because I was worried it might end up in spoiler territory and half the point of the thread is that Bacter's going in blind. So I thought I'd bring it here, and was wondering if someone could link me to the BG Ironman thread Red_October_7000 mentions? It sounds intriguing.

The Master List has a few Baldur's Gate options, but this is the only one that has any mention of ironman style in the OP from what I can see.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

bladedsmoke posted:

Here's the link. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3589415

Skelicopter
Feb 19, 2013

More like Prince Alarming

Thank you!

EDIT: Huh, for some reason I really expected this to be in the archives. If I'd known it was a recent thing, I could've just looked through recent threads, which I'll do in future before asking dumb questions. Live and learn!

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Kai Tave posted:

Oh, and kalonZombie and Ape Has Killed Ape are the Chip and Ironicus of Ratchet and Clank, I have it on good authority.

I will be sad when I run out of good Ratchet and Clank games to LP. And thank you for the words.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Onean posted:

Have you seen anything by Coolguye and TheLastRoboKy? They're currently doing Fall of Cybertron, but they've done other LPs, including War for Cybertron. They don't really do bad games, though Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is close, but going off the other people you listed I think you might like them.

Christ this reminded me that I need to get the info posts on Call of Duty 1 polished off so I can submit it to baldurk.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Coolguye posted:

Christ this reminded me that I need to get the info posts on Call of Duty 1 polished off so I can submit it to baldurk.

You mentioned Call of duty, I kind of hoped you would do Call of Duty: World at War Co-op for your next LP. Two missions would have to be single player only, but the rest of the game can be done with up to four people.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Lazyfire posted:

You mentioned Call of duty, I kind of hoped you would do Call of Duty: World at War Co-op for your next LP. Two missions would have to be single player only, but the rest of the game can be done with up to four people.

I certainly haven't ruled that out, but CoD1 was about 200% more work than I had originally thought, and there was a lot more interest in the CoD1 thread for me to do CoD2 next. I will probably revisit the Call of Duty games, as the earlier ones have a soul in them that I think was seriously lost shortly after the transition to becoming a modern shooter. Modern Warfare 1 had some really good moments, but anything after that is just iconic of what Yahtzee terms 'spunk-gargle-wee-wee'.

Also I wasn't even aware World at War was on PC until the CoD1 thread, so I have to play that initially too! :v:

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Coolguye posted:

I certainly haven't ruled that out, but CoD1 was about 200% more work than I had originally thought, and there was a lot more interest in the CoD1 thread for me to do CoD2 next. I will probably revisit the Call of Duty games, as the earlier ones have a soul in them that I think was seriously lost shortly after the transition to becoming a modern shooter. Modern Warfare 1 had some really good moments, but anything after that is just iconic of what Yahtzee terms 'spunk-gargle-wee-wee'.

Also I wasn't even aware World at War was on PC until the CoD1 thread, so I have to play that initially too! :v:

Yeah, the last few CoD games have been pretty rote (save for Black Ops 2 that polished the typical gameplay with multiple endings and some player choices), and I don't blame anyone for not wanting to LP them. The best thing you can say about the games these days is that they are short.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
I vaguely remember there being an LP of Sim Life or Sim Earth but I can't find it in the LP master list.
Does anyone maybe recall that?

Also, I'm looking for other LPs of similar educational/simulation games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

scissorman posted:

I vaguely remember there being an LP of Sim Life or Sim Earth but I can't find it in the LP master list.
Does anyone maybe recall that?

Also, I'm looking for other LPs of similar educational/simulation games.

I think what you are looking for is this educational video series about a game called Captain Novolin from the year 2007, the golden age of LPs.

• Locked thread