Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I had Lethal Torrent drop for my Kunai today :getin:

I also got a Dark Sword blueprint from some alert mission, doesn't look like you can buy it so I'm going to make it for special snowflake points. I also got Flow and Streamline today which I assume will be useful at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I wish I wouldn't have sold all those blueprints I got during the early closed beta, but they always repeated the same line about trading never beeing a thing and so there was no point of keeping them around. Now I think that one day I might actually be able to share the nice things I find, so now all those BPs are kept in my Inventory. If I would've still got my stacks of Dark Swords, Dark Daggers, Jaw Swords, Heat Dagger, etc, I got back than I could probably give at least one BP of something rare to every GOON member once BP trading hits. Now I only have a small stack of Gorgon and Glaive BPs. :smith:

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

katkillad2 posted:

I had Lethal Torrent drop for my Kunai today :getin:

I also got a Dark Sword blueprint from some alert mission, doesn't look like you can buy it so I'm going to make it for special snowflake points. I also got Flow and Streamline today which I assume will be useful at some point.

That's quite the impressive haul for one day. I've been playing since U7 and it took me 100+ hours clocked before I stumbled across Flow on a Grineer mobdef. Didn't get Lethal Torrent until last week and I paid 10 plat for it.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Terbulus posted:

Click the claim extractor loot button rapidly to gain extra loot
[EXTRACTION INTENSIFIES]

Jesus Christ, DE. How is this a thing that works. Look at all these nanospores I have now. Look at them.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Fish Noise posted:

[EXTRACTION INTENSIFIES]

Jesus Christ, DE. How is this a thing that works. Look at all these nanospores I have now. Look at them.

I can confirm that this is a thing. What the heck?

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

zgrowler2 posted:

That's quite the impressive haul for one day. I've been playing since U7 and it took me 100+ hours clocked before I stumbled across Flow on a Grineer mobdef. Didn't get Lethal Torrent until last week and I paid 10 plat for it.

I still haven't gotten a single multishot mod to drop since the optional reset :negative:

The RNG is a real bitch sometimes.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Washin Tong posted:

I still haven't gotten a single multishot mod to drop since the optional reset :negative:

The RNG is a real bitch sometimes.

If you're on PC, I'll toss a Barrel Diffusion your way in a few days once I'm able to play again. I've got 3-4.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Hey PS4 clan people: there are like 5 or 6 of us who are constantly grouping up and doing poo poo, so we're pretty geared. If you need help or whatever, speak up in clan chat. I know it's lovely and lacks useful features, but whatever, perhaps I'll notice right away.

Also, make your clan keys, donate stuff to the various research projects and lovely decorations, every little bit helps.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Are Kunai etc recommended even for Excalibur frames?

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Doji Sekushi posted:

Hey PS4 clan people: there are like 5 or 6 of us who are constantly grouping up and doing poo poo, so we're pretty geared. If you need help or whatever, speak up in clan chat. I know it's lovely and lacks useful features, but whatever, perhaps I'll notice right away.

Also, make your clan keys, donate stuff to the various research projects and lovely decorations, every little bit helps.

My key is done in a couple hours, along with a Paris and Kunai tomorrow morning- what materials do we most need? How are you guys arranging your groups, just through the clan chat?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
So far, loving Nyx. Absorb is such a nice "and stay down" skill. Chaos helps a lot on defense missions too.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Murodese posted:

All of the throwing secondaries are good on every frame.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Murodese posted:

Weapon effectiveness is entirely independent of what warframe you're using.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Murodese posted:

For the most part, guns that are good for one class are going to be the same for another, so yes.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

ReWinter posted:

My key is done in a couple hours, along with a Paris and Kunai tomorrow morning- what materials do we most need? How are you guys arranging your groups, just through the clan chat?

Ninja invites mostly. Just jump into our party and say hey. Whatever.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Doji Sekushi posted:

Ninja invites mostly. Just jump into our party and say hey. Whatever.

Speaking of, sorry I've missed literally every invite. Warframe is the only game I'm playing so I have a bad habit of just letting it sit idle when I'm not playing.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Cowcaster posted:

Weapon effectiveness is entirely independent of what warframe you're using.
Well. Ranged weapon effectiveness, anyways. :v:

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
I've cleared a pending public clan invite since my last post.
I would still like a PSN invite please. ID is: cye_washington

Incidentally, I've built up a cache of fusion cores- are there any mods in particular I should concentrate on upgrading?

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Dilkington posted:

I've cleared a pending public clan invite since my last post.
I would still like a PSN invite please. ID is: cye_washington

Incidentally, I've built up a cache of fusion cores- are there any mods in particular I should concentrate on upgrading?

Multi shots and your main +damage skills. Serration, hornet strike, and point blank specifically. Getting hornet and serration past 7ish is super expensive and time consuming. Point blank is pretty easy and cheap.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I'm a complete dummy. I was trying to figure out why some mods stopped at certain rankings. On the left side are little notches that light up, showing how many times it can be ranked up. :argh:

I'm finally at the point where my guy is awesome. I've got a Soma filled with amazing mods and I can one shot level 13 enemies. Headshots crit at over 2000 damage.

MrDude
Jun 23, 2011
I'm... newish (50 hours in, started a day before Update 11 rolled out) and my second Warframe is finally finishing today -- Ash. I really really want to learn to use Teleport for ~style~ reasons, and I'm definitely big on shotguns so I should have some good synergy there. Any general thoughts on pitfalls or nuances to Ash? I hear single-target abilities like Teleport are janky, but I'm just gonna learn to deal. Thinking of skipping Shuriken, and debating whether I want to bother with the 100 Energy ability until I know whether it's any good.

Also, which are the good shotguns again? I really love the Bronco, and I have dual Broncos that'll be done today as well, but I have to assume some of the primaries are more efficient. I'd prefer something that shoots a little faster to complement the Lex I'm leveling as a secondary.

Oh, also, I can't seem to Google it but: How does trading work? I tried using the trading post in the clan dojo with some pubbie friends who just started, and it keeps saying they're out of trades for the day or aren't high enough rank. Is that cut off by some Mastery requirement or do they have to be in the clan or something? Don't want to give them anything overpowered, just want to give them all Thief's Wits. Teach a man to get mods rather than give a man a mod, that kinda thing

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Fish Noise posted:

Well. Ranged weapon effectiveness, anyways. :v:

Melee weapon effectiveness is pretty similar across the board, too: low. :v:

MrDude posted:

I'm... newish (50 hours in, started a day before Update 11 rolled out) and my second Warframe is finally finishing today -- Ash. I really really want to learn to use Teleport for ~style~ reasons, and I'm definitely big on shotguns so I should have some good synergy there. Any general thoughts on pitfalls or nuances to Ash? I hear single-target abilities like Teleport are janky, but I'm just gonna learn to deal. Thinking of skipping Shuriken, and debating whether I want to bother with the 100 Energy ability until I know whether it's any good.

Also, which are the good shotguns again? I really love the Bronco, and I have dual Broncos that'll be done today as well, but I have to assume some of the primaries are more efficient. I'd prefer something that shoots a little faster to complement the Lex I'm leveling as a secondary.

Oh, also, I can't seem to Google it but: How does trading work? I tried using the trading post in the clan dojo with some pubbie friends who just started, and it keeps saying they're out of trades for the day or aren't high enough rank. Is that cut off by some Mastery requirement or do they have to be in the clan or something? Don't want to give them anything overpowered, just want to give them all Thief's Wits. Teach a man to get mods rather than give a man a mod, that kinda thing

Bladestorm is good, but very slow. It won't snap clear a room like other ults, but it makes you invulnerable for roughly half an hour.

The best shotgun available to you is the Sobek. The Hek is pretty solid too and the Strun is mediocre but functions alright. Stay away from the Tigris. The main difference with primary shotguns is that they suffer from damage fall-off at medium and long range, which the pistol shotguns do not.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Dec 1, 2013

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Yaos posted:

I'm finally at the point where my guy is awesome. I've got a Soma filled with amazing mods and I can one shot level 13 enemies. Headshots crit at over 2000 damage.

I'm really loving my shiny new Soma too but at this point I have doubts that Hammer Shot and Split Chamber will ever drop for me :qq: :qq: :qq:

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Stalker weapons are on sale now. If i already didn't have one of them...I probably still wouldn't buy it I guess.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Crowbear posted:

I'm really loving my shiny new Soma too but at this point I have doubts that Hammer Shot and Split Chamber will ever drop for me :qq: :qq: :qq:

I think I've got some spares I can give you later today if you're on PC.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Argas posted:

I think I've got some spares I can give you later today if you're on PC.

I'm on PS4. Thanks anyway :)

It's cool though. I don't mind putting something on Netflix on my laptop then mindlessly farming Nightmare missions solo with my Rhino.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
So, what am I supposed to do with my duplicate mods? I've started to accumulate a fair number now.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Devor posted:

So, what am I supposed to do with my duplicate mods? I've started to accumulate a fair number now.

You can either fuse them into other mods or trade them to schlubs.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Stalker weapons are on sale now. If i already didn't have one of them...I probably still wouldn't buy it I guess.

Yesterday's deal was good for newbies. Today's deal is just bad.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Has there been any update on when PC to PS4 migration is going in? I want to play this on PS4, but all my stuff is on PC :(

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Coldforge posted:

Has there been any update on when PC to PS4 migration is going in? I want to play this on PS4, but all my stuff is on PC :(
Update 11 for the PS4 is in the cert process right now. Whether or not that will bring it up to speed with the PC version enough to enable cross-play is unknown (probably not, though).

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare
Played a little earlier on and I think it's going to be a fun addition to the PS4 but my main grip is sword controls with a controller kinda suck. I feel like your warframe should turn in the direction your moving the left thumbstick when you're pressing the melee button. I kept finding my self getting one slash on a bad guy only to start slashing aimlessly beyond them and it wasn't until I came to a full stop and tried to turn around and make sure I was facing him again, did I get to strike him again.

A light soft-lock or better/quicker switching of the direction of the attacks would be really helpful for console players. I'm not a fan of autoaim on guns or any kind of projectile weapon but when it comes to melee it's actually probably more beneficial to the player, just because of how 3rd person cameras and games tend to work.

Edit: vvv Oh.

Sundowner fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 1, 2013

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Sundowner posted:

Played a little earlier on and I think it's going to be a fun addition to the PS4 but my main grip is sword controls with a controller kinda suck. I feel like your warframe should turn in the direction your moving the left thumbstick when you're pressing the melee button. I kept finding my self getting one slash on a bad guy only to start slashing aimlessly beyond them and it wasn't until I came to a full stop and tried to turn around and make sure I was facing him again, did I get to strike him again.

A light soft-lock or better/quicker switching of the direction of the attacks would be really helpful for console players. I'm not a fan of autoaim on guns or any kind of projectile weapon but when it comes to melee it's actually probably more beneficial to the player, just because of how 3rd person cameras and games tend to work.

Toggle "Align Attacks to Camera" off in the options. It's super dumb that it's toggled on by default because it's real lovely.

e: Oh holy poo poo I just got Hammer Shot :woop:

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 1, 2013

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Did that high level vauban chassis or w/e infested alert. Antimatter drop is a beautiful thing when the game decides to let it work correctly

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Sundowner posted:

This exists on PC now. If you play with a pad, turn off "Align Attacks to Camera" and turn on the other two melee options, which do melee auto-targeting and make the camera follow the direction you attack. Melee is finally fun, even if it's still poo poo for damage.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Crowbear posted:

Toggle "Align Attacks to Camera" off in the options. It's super dumb that it's toggled on by default because it's real lovely.

e: Oh holy poo poo I just got Hammer Shot :woop:

Why do you guys get all the cool mods on the days I'm not online! :argh: That and streamline are my white whales.

Anyone seen a potato alert on ps4 yet? Kinda concerned these might have gone the way of the discounts.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How the gently caress do I beat Alad?

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

How the gently caress do I beat Alad?

Shoot him a bit, then shoot his dog, then shoot him again.

The secret is that ZANUKA (such a dumb name) will jump over to revive him whenever he goes down, so you gotta kill his dog before you waste him.

Having a frame with strong AoE to deal with the junk he summons is also nice.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

So am I correct in understanding in order to cook the Nekros, what is currently considered the absolute worst warframe in the game by a wide margin, it is necessary to first farm nav coordinates to forge a key to a special orokin void, and then in those special orokin voids farm special nav coordinates to forge a special special orokin void key, and then run those special special orokin voids and defeat the boss (which is nearly impossible to do solo) to farm the component blueprints?

Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

So am I correct in understanding in order to cook the Nekros, what is currently considered the absolute worst warframe in the game by a wide margin, it is necessary to first farm nav coordinates to forge a key to a special orokin void, and then in those special orokin voids farm special nav coordinates to forge a special special orokin void key, and then run those special special orokin voids and defeat the boss (which is nearly impossible to do solo) to farm the component blueprints?

Why?

Because gently caress you, that's why!

Ideally, by the time you're ready to endure the pain that is levelling a nekros, you should have had a zillion of the regular nav coordinates saved up. Why they didn't make the orokin derelict key blueprints re-usable, I don't know. But you're supposed to do THOSE for corrupted mods and other things you can't do in the regular map. Only when you have enough of those and run them with friends who also get lots of golem nav coordinates do you run with a few friends who all share the keys and (hopefully) get a full set of parts.

If you've just finished mercury and are wondering why this is so retarded, it's because you need to EARN the suffering of levelling the Nekros! The warframes that drop from regular bosses on the map should be your first goal beyond your starter warframe.