Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

OATH COMPLETE

lovely phone pics, I'll see if I can get some better ones with my new (!) lightbox in the next few days.

Some seekers of slaanesh, kitbashed with the hellstriders kit and hacked around enough that I'd call these conversions. Also claiming themed group. Despite the last-minute completion, that isn't wet paint you see, it's a high gloss varnish. I wanted their armor to have a shiny, beetle-like quality to it.

And the jurnal ingredient, a very silly haircut on this chappie:

Monoliths fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete! My Reaper Spirit of the Forest is ready to crush some adventurers!

I tried to flock on a beard, but it looked too much like a really bad neckbeard so I removed it to save his dignity.

However as to my whales status: SAVING FAILED! WHALES NOT SAVED :orks:

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

Zhent posted:

I, Zhent, oath 5 Sons of Horus and 1 Rhino, from Games Workshop (Forgeworld)

Oath Complete albeit with emergency lovely phone photos because my camera is frozen for some reason:

If my camera sorts itself out I will update with some better photos. I'm pretty happy with the way these guys turned out, with the weathering and all.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
:hist101:Oath Complete!:hist101:

Three Treekin and one Treeman:

Jurnal entry is the moss beard and hair on the Treeman.

Also, I hate GMT.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

I finished these over the past couple of hours, as I realised it was the end of the month and I'd not even unpacked my painting stuff. :downs: that'll teach me to try to move house and do an oath at the same time.

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 1, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: BRUSHES DOWN! :siren:
That's it for November, folks! Some good stuff posted in these last couple of days...

And already, here's the Detektuv's Jurnal for December!

Oi gots meself across dat field o trenches pretty quick, leaving da oomies to fight it out for whatever they wuz disagreeing 'bout. Sumthin bout sum guy sez somethin to sum uvver guy...I dunno! We didn't care did we?

'Long the way wuz a dead oomie layin on da ground, like he'd been wantin' ta charge up the field, he's wearin a big black coat and sum massiv 'at - but next to 'im was a massive sword! Well we's got ta have that don't we, so oi picked it up, thinkin' it would be great fo' da wall in's me office after all this is ova...if we's ever get back!

So there I was gettin away from all the fightins behind when I see's this crazy glow ahead a' me!

This month's theme: NON-METALLIC METAL! Paint a sword, gun, helmet, bit of shiny armor or something else WITHOUT using metallic paints - make it shiny in the right places, provide shadows and reflections in the right spots and earn GOLD (err, not metallic, painted). http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=10116.0Here's a good tutorial[/url], plus tons of examples here.

And remember, the judges will be giving 1 point EACH for the best NMM done this month!

If you don't want to do this Detektuv's Jurnal or you just can't see a way to do it on your chosen model(s), you can do any previous Jurnal to earn 1 point this month (instead of the 2 for doing the December Jurnal), but your Jurnal entry won't be eligible for points from the judges.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Dec 1, 2013

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Both of the links (the tutorial and the examples) currently go to the same place.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
...Dammit, I'm half an hour late! (I thought the cutoff time was 7pm USA Central Time? I show 6:33 pm here.)

At any rate, here's what my Oath Complete would've been if I'd made it:

For the Jurnal, the sculpted hair on the pirate:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Sorry, GMT is a constant and doesn't change, but you'll have a really easy entry for the Save Da Whales this month!

JerryLee posted:

Both of the links (the tutorial and the examples) currently go to the same place.

Fixed now, basically the tutorial mentioned in the second link is the first link.

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
Welp, nevermind, thought I was fine for 8pm EST, didn't even catch the change.

Oath Complete!

Detektuv's Jurnal

Not sure if you can even see the gray representing stubble :/

Claiming:
Box Art

Speed Painting

Rikthor fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Dec 1, 2013

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

krushgroove posted:

Sorry, GMT is a constant and doesn't change, but you'll have a really easy entry for the Save Da Whales this month!

No problem. Let my failure stand as a warning not to spend too much time loving around with one's camera when the deadline is close.
(Do you want me to just go back and edit my previous post into a Save Da Whales, then?)

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:

Dr. Gargunza posted:

...Dammit, I'm half an hour late! (I thought the cutoff time was 7pm USA Central Time? I show 6:33 pm here.)

There was a shift this month. It almost got me, too. In the last two hours I was timing things in my head, "Ten minutes for that coat to dry, twenty for the wash to dry, 5 minutes till I can drybrush with that brush again, etc." and was coming up short if I was going to make 5pm PST. I remembered that daylight savings time happened this month, and hoped that it would give me a extra hour in the conversion to GMT.

It's a drat good thing that I checked, because it turns out that I lost an hour. Oath is due at 4pm PST now. :negative:

I had to cut some corners to get it in on time, and in the pic can see that my bases need another coat on the rim.

The moral of the story is that I need to find time to paint earlier in the month.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

krushgroove posted:

Fixed now, basically the tutorial mentioned in the second link is the first link.

So... I can take that tutorial and apply it to any colour I want right? Because I was planning on making all my Eldar meleee weapons green rather than grey.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
So this means is a new month for Oathing, right? Time for my first ever. I guess that means Awww, it's a baby!

I, NovaLion, oath that I will paint this Selthak Poisoner from Reaper Mini's.

I'm a terrible and slow painter, but if I manage to finish this guy before the month is over I can add to my Oath, right?

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
For December I oath
3 Reflex Servitors, 3 Attunement Servitors, one Steelsoul Protector, one Galvanizer and one Mitigator
From Privateer Press

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I, drgnvale, oath that I will paint this Inquisitor and three (3) servo skull markers.

These are all Games Workshop miniatures for Warhammer 40k.

The skulls are a bit hard to see here, so here's a picture with better lighting:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright, I've just gotten through the November oaths complete posts (wife's parents just left). There are some problems!

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Oath complete! No jernul

The group shot:

Zaal & Kovaas:

The Infinity dudes:

Dr. Clockwork, you oathed six figures but there are only five shown here. If you painted the sixth, but merely forgot to present it, please edit in a photo of the sixth finished figure now, and post to let me know. On the other hand, if you didn't paint the sixth figure, I am required to reject your completed oath. I am very sorry!

IrvingWashington posted:

I'm p sure you already have this as a conversion, leperflesh, so I don't think I need to add anything here for that. I'f I'm wrong, please hit me with something appropriate.
I do, and you're set.

Monoliths posted:

OATH COMPLETE

lovely phone pics, I'll see if I can get some better ones with my new (!) lightbox in the next few days.

Some seekers of slaanesh, kitbashed with the hellstriders kit and hacked around enough that I'd call these conversions. Also claiming themed group. Despite the last-minute completion, that isn't wet paint you see, it's a high gloss varnish. I wanted their armor to have a shiny, beetle-like quality to it.

While your Jurnal is credited, I need a "before" photo in order to credit you for a conversion. You can show what the normal model looks like from any reasonable source, such as a link to the vendor's photos or whatever, just need something I can compare to to tell your guys have been altered.

Schmetterling posted:

Oath Complete!
I finished these over the past couple of hours, as I realised it was the end of the month and I'd not even unpacked my painting stuff. :downs: that'll teach me to try to move house and do an oath at the same time.
Two things. First, I believe you did awesome hair on all of your models, so I've credited you for the Jurnal, but in the future please point it out so I don't miss it. Second, your post appears to have been edited 2 minutes after the deadline. I don't think it's a huge deal but in the future please do not edit your oath complete post after the deadline, unless krushgroove or I ask you to. That way nobody can accuse you of editing in finished photos, e.g., finishing painting past the mark.

I will build the December spreadsheet and start putting in everyone's new oaths in a few minutes. In the meantime, now is a good time to Check the spreadsheet for errors or omissions on my part!

Krushgroove, your December post contains mangled character codes. I suspect you used a non-ASCII editor and/or that some intermediary container for your text does not understand extended character codes, UTF-8, or somesuch. As it is, there are tons of euro signs instead of apostrophes or quote marks or both. Let me know if you can't see it and maybe I can figure out what the dealio is.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Dec 1, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Double-postin just to cover the new stuff:

Dr. Gargunza posted:

At any rate, here's what my Oath Complete would've been if I'd made it:

Last month I made a post ahead of the deadline pointing out the time zone changes, but I was too busy today to do it. Sorry.

The good news is, you can get an entry into the Whales contest. Just re-post your oath complete content as a Savin' da Whales post and I'll credit you. This also allows you to qualify for the consistency bonuses based on the month you save, for the end of the month.

You will not, however, get points for November, sorry. :(

Rikthor posted:

Welp, nevermind, thought I was fine for 8pm EST, didn't even catch the change.

Same goes to you! I think you should get credit for the speed painting, though? I'll talk to krushgroove about it but I don't see why not.

NTRabbit posted:

So... I can take that tutorial and apply it to any colour I want right? Because I was planning on making all my Eldar meleee weapons green rather than grey.

Yes, NMM should work with other colors. The effect is of a colored metal. If you're not too sure how it will come out, why not try a test on a piece of sprue?

NovaLion posted:

So this means is a new month for Oathing, right? Time for my first ever. I guess that means Awww, it's a baby!

I'm a terrible and slow painter, but if I manage to finish this guy before the month is over I can add to my Oath, right?

Yes, new month, time to oath! If you finish this guy you can add to your oath (search the first page of this thread for "making an oath addition" to find the exact rules for how). You must do it before the beginning of the last week of the month, and you will not get points for completing your oath until you've completed the add-on stuff too.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I, Grey Hunter, Oath the following for December

That's a UCM starter force for Dropzone Commander, 10mm by Hawk Games.

its made up of

3 x Condor Dropships
3 x Sabre MBT's
3 x Rapier AA tanks
3 x Bear APC's
30 x Infantry in 6 bases.

The infantry are base coated black, the rest base coated Green.

Edited in the extra infantry, as I can't count.

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 4, 2013

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

I, JerryLee, oath to paint for December:

One Games Workshop AOBR Space Marine Terminator, Converted Into a Chaos Obliterator

Undercoating it black then trying to get my phone to take a picture that showed any detail against my bright white laptop screen = not a great idea. Hopefully this picture shows well enough that it's a solid black right now.

I'd like to officially submit this as a conversion if possible. Unfortunately I don't have a pre-conversion picture of this actual model, but this is a picture of an identical mini, with the exception of the targeting doohickey being on the other side for some reason. So if that's acceptable, I'd like to count it as a conversion. If not, oh well, I'm in to paint it one way or another.

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008

Monoliths posted:

OATH COMPLETE

And the jurnal ingredient, a very silly haircut on this chappie:

Loving this so much!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Oh, shag, NMM. I've been dreading this one, I've never tried NMM. I think I'll probably add an extra model rather than try it on my main oath.

Matgash
Apr 25, 2008

Know no fear!
:siren:I Oath 1 x Space Marine Drop pod by GW :siren:

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
I, TheBlobThing, oath to paint 20 zombies and 1 Wight King Battle Standard Bearer.
The models are from GW, Mantic and Forgeworld.

Also, I'm not going to go for the jurnal this month since I'm not a fan of NMM. Probably gonna go for fly your flag instead. Does that require a free-hand banner?

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

Jurnal is the static-grass beard and eyebrows (thanks for the inspiration Bucnasti)

That is aweasome! Love the idea :D

Iris of Ether posted:

:allears: That is the fanciest of men. I think he actually looks better with the mustache.

Thank you! Dude was just crying out for a 'tache.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

thespaceinvader posted:

Oh, shag, NMM. I've been dreading this one, I've never tried NMM. I think I'll probably add an extra model rather than try it on my main oath.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing too... I was going to do it on my dinky servo skulls but those are so small to begin with that I don't want to try anything fancy there.

So, on that note,‘Gotta do this bonus’ style:

drgnvale posted:

I, drgnvale, oath that I will paint this Inquisitor and three (3) servo skull markers.

The skulls are a bit hard to see here, so here's a picture with better lighting:

I, drgnvale, am making an oath addition!

1 Assault on Black Reach captain from Games Workshop:

He's a conversion, with his fancy bolter removed and replaced with a bits-box Shield Eternal.
Pre-conversion:

I ended up attaching some random bits from the bits box that weren't included in the before picture, but I can provide examples of what they looked like (biggest piece is a tactical marine arm chopped off at the elbow, but also grenades to hide chunks of torso that were cut out, purity seal to hide elbow joint, weird terminator thing bolted onto shield surface to make it look like more than a run of the mill combat shield) if required.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Tadhg posted:

Oath is due at 4pm PST now. :negative:

Yes, I forgot the time changed in the US this month.

NTRabbit posted:

Yeah, if you look at the examples link there's a ton in different colors, including the Sanguinor (I think that's what he's called, the really golden 40K leader/Captain) - choose whatever color you want!

NovaLion posted:

I, NovaLion, oath that I will paint this Selthak Poisoner from Reaper Mini's.

Welcome! You can add to your oath whenever you like.

Mt. ORourke posted:

For December I oath
3 Reflex Servitors, 3 Attunement Servitors, one Steelsoul Protector, one Galvanizer and one Mitigator
From Privateer Press

drgnvale posted:

Matgash posted:

:siren:I Oath 1 x Space Marine Drop pod by GW :siren:

TheBlobThing posted:

I, TheBlobThing, oath to paint 20 zombies and 1 Wight King Battle Standard Bearer.
The models are from GW, Mantic and Forgeworld.
Also, I'm not going to go for the jurnal this month since I'm not a fan of NMM. Probably gonna go for fly your flag instead. Does that require a free-hand banner?

The banner doesn't need to be freehand, just a banner that fits the rules of your selected model's game. You can do freehand for a Jurnal point though, if you're going for points.

drgnvale posted:

So, on that note,‘Gotta do this bonus’ style:

I, drgnvale, am making an oath addition!

1 Assault on Black Reach captain from Games Workshop:

All of the oaths so far are Accepted!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Hope this photo is ok.

I, ijyt, oath 1x Games Workshop Land Raider Redeemer with Forge World doors, and 5x Games Workshop Assault Terminators with Forge World shoulders and Scibor shields.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
December Oath

Bishop, 28mm, Malifaux.... Badass.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

krushgroove posted:

Did you miss mine, or was there something wrong with it? I don't see it in the spreadsheet.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

JerryLee posted:

Did you miss mine, or was there something wrong with it? I don't see it in the spreadsheet.

If I'm remembering correctly, krushgroove accepts oaths and Leperflesh puts them into the spreadsheet. So "accepted" doesn't mean "entered." I found this out by making a similar comment last month :)

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
Welp, I screwed up my November oath (drat you, my brain Daylight Savings Time), but at least I've Saved Da Whales!

(The Jurnal, had I been eligible to receive it, was the hand-crafted dreadlocks on the pirate below.)

I'm waiting to make my December oath until all the components come in; I intend for the bulk of it to be a diorama (also a xmas present). Hopefully those bits will arrive in the next few days.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Leperflesh posted:

Dr. Clockwork, you oathed six figures but there are only five shown here. If you painted the sixth, but merely forgot to present it, please edit in a photo of the sixth finished figure now, and post to let me know. On the other hand, if you didn't paint the sixth figure, I am required to reject your completed oath. I am very sorry!

Well gently caress, here is that drat Cyclops hiding behind some junk on my desk, unpainted. :negative: Guess I'll have to Save Da Whales. That means I get no points at all for the other guys?

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, Under 15, oath the following models:

5 GW Goblins
2 GW Orcs
1 GW Spear Chucker

Probably more to follow later, but I might have to move mid-month so I want to keep it simple for now.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Leperflesh, I seem to be missing the point for I rolled 6 on the spreadsheets.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I'm claiming I rolled a six! for the Objective Markers/Banners

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

If I'm remembering correctly, krushgroove accepts oaths and Leperflesh puts them into the spreadsheet. So "accepted" doesn't mean "entered." I found this out by making a similar comment last month :)

Others from that wave seem to have been entered, though. I'm just asking to make sure, 'cause I don't want to start painting it if I'll have to retake the picture, obviously.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I, Dagon, oath one werewolfy guy (unknown mfr), one converted Gogo Marlene and her buddy (Infinity/CB), one IMEF Marine (Reaper Bones), and one converted Chaos Marine (GW)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ijyt posted:

Hope this photo is ok.

I, ijyt, oath 1x Games Workshop Land Raider Redeemer with Forge World doors, and 5x Games Workshop Assault Terminators with Forge World shoulders and Scibor shields.

KingMob posted:

December Oath

Bishop, 28mm, Malifaux.... Badass.

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath to paint for December:

One Games Workshop AOBR Space Marine Terminator, Converted Into a Chaos Obliterator

JerryLee posted:

Just missed it, I do a lot of copy/pasting to get the various oaths. You're not the only one I'll miss and you won't be the last :)

Under 15 posted:

I, Under 15, oath the following models:

5 GW Goblins
2 GW Orcs
1 GW Spear Chucker

Dagon posted:

I, Dagon, oath one werewolfy guy (unknown mfr), one converted Gogo Marlene and her buddy (Infinity/CB), one IMEF Marine (Reaper Bones), and one converted Chaos Marine (GW)

Accepted!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

No worries, just wanted to have it cleared up :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

krushgroove posted:

The banner doesn't need to be freehand, just a banner that fits the rules of your selected model's game. You can do freehand for a Jurnal point though, if you're going for points.

Cool. The plan is to give that guy some serious lovin'. I don't know why I'm so interested in points anymore. I'm far behind already, and it doesn't seem like I'll be able to catch up. Ah well, at least I get some paint on my models.

Speaking of which, I'm almost already finished with the first 20 zombies of my oath, so I'll probably add on a big handful more. 40 zombies in a couple of days isn't so bad.
:feelsgood:

• Locked thread