Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
C'mon Katia get out of the rain. Go hunt down vampire lady or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I only see one undead stranger, the other appears to be a normal adult human.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

That's a huge continuity gaffe, but it's probably not too late to go back and fix it.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

So, how long until the Oblivion Crisis starts?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
I thought this takes place after Oblivion.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

HardDisk posted:

So, how long until the Oblivion Crisis starts?
It has been kept vague: from what I recall it's hinted that it is going to happen either very soon (as in in a day or two) or in a week.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Red Metal posted:

It's called "Prequel."

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Red Metal posted:

Katia is in the town that burns to the ground in the event that sets off the Oblivion Crisis.

But I suspect we won't see it, because my gut feeling is that the comic will end with that.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Bobulus posted:

But I suspect we won't see it, because my gut feeling is that the comic will end with that.

I can't imagine the comic ending any other way than getting locked in a dungeon in the Imperial City with a grouchy dark elf.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I hope it ends that way as well, but I have the feeling that so little happened so far in the comic. Maybe I'm feeling that way because the updates are slow as gently caress, I don't know. I expect to see more of Cyrodill before Katia somehow lands both her rear end and that Dunmer's rear end in the Imperial City prison.

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos
My goal to get out faster updates through collaboration was impeded by getting sick for two weeks. I'll try to catch up, since you're definitely right that I've been moving way too slowly.

Blackheart posted:

I only see one undead stranger, the other appears to be a normal adult human.

Bongo Bill posted:

That's a huge continuity gaffe, but it's probably not too late to go back and fix it.

You have to take it as a general statement. "Undead strangers high five", kind of like "cheetahs run 70 MPH". You can say it with regard to a cheetah without implying there is more than one cheetah present.

Really I don't know why you would jump to the illogical conclusion that there was more than one undead person in that panel. The assertion is frankly preposterous and completely unfounded.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Kazerad posted:

You have to take it as a general statement. "Undead strangers high five", kind of like "cheetahs run 70 MPH". You can say it with regard to a cheetah without implying there is more than one cheetah present.

Really I don't know why you would jump to the illogical conclusion that there was more than one undead person in that panel. The assertion is frankly preposterous and completely unfounded.

:eng101:
But the problem with your statements though is that, rather than being partially false, it is now wholly false. For, I see a person with deformed teeth, standing on a wall, giving comfort to a mysteriously lazy Kavatchian guard. And I see a ghost. Neither Nah or the Ghost are undead.

One is alive, as per virtue of not being a vampire.

The other is a ghost.

Everybody knows that to be a ghost you must be dead. However, everybody knows that a person has to have a corporeal form in order to be alive. Therefore a ghost is merely dead since it is just a soul inhabiting plane of exsistence which was formally occupying a body. If this soul returned to it's body then it could be formally deceased or 'undead' or even if the body returned to life without a soul (e.g. Zombies, Spooky Skeletons, and Vampires). But in the event that you titled 'Undead Strangers High-Five' the Ghost is high-fiveing a human (AKA not-a-vampire) while still in his non-corporeal form.

So in conclusion, you should have called the event 'a Ghost and a Stranger High-Five'.

Just like how this comic calls it a 'Ghost Blow Job!' rather than a 'Undead Blow Job!'

:pseudo:

Adeline Weishaupt fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 11, 2013

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

New update!

That ghost is either about to drop some motivation on Katia or get depressed.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I am not quite sure, but I think that's a :stonk: on that there ghost's face.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
We may just well find out if a ghost can be bored to death.

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?
I feel like this is going to be the thing that pushes the ghost over the edge into poltergeist-insanity.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

New update.

I like how his story about Vivec makes as much sense as any of the other tales about Vivec. But I guess he wasn't the one that penned the Sermons, not insane enough storytelling.

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos

Iced Cocoa posted:

But I guess he wasn't the one that penned the Sermons, not insane enough storytelling.

When you're writing for children you have to tone things down and make them easily understandable.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Iced Cocoa posted:

New update.

I like how his story about Vivec makes as much sense as any of the other tales about Vivec. But I guess he wasn't the one that penned the Sermons, not insane enough storytelling.

I see Vivec is Vin Diesel.

Wait, that actually makes sense, considering Diesel's D&D character was a DrowDark Elf.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The Ancestral Guardian is Cave Johnson.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Why is some idiot in the command thread telling everyone to eat everything?

Edit: Also, for some content, glad to see the sign thing coming back. Wonder how this one'll go horribly wrong.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Of all the stupid mods people create for the elder scrolls games, I'm surprised I've never seen the only one worth making:

A Dwemer Corvette.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Young Freud posted:

I see Vivec is Vin Diesel.

Wait, that actually makes sense, considering Diesel's D&D character was a DrowDark Elf.

Pretty sure he'd be an Ayleid in TES.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I like that the story has a good moral for all people, young and old, dunmer and otherwise.

The moral is "Be Vivec."

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

The moral of the story is that the mortals exist only to be acted upon by makers, and only in that action do their lives have any purpose or meaning. So shut up, hope one of them comes along soon, and does something to you - or your one and only shot at mattering is gone for-loving-ever, little squib.
It's CHIM all the way down

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Yeah, so, could we just dump Katia and focus on Vivec from now on?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Sadly, no, the Nerevarine killed Vivec.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Volmarias posted:

Sadly, no, the Nerevarine killed Vivec.

Or didn't kill Vivec. It depends on the timeline.

Vivec's probably pretty dead, though. Almalexia and Sotha Sil are incredibly dead.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I don't remember clearly, but wasn't Vivec mostly de-powered, then put on trial with Azura herself as a witness, where he still managed to steal the show and go all "YOU FUCKERS CAN'T JUDGE ME, gently caress YOUUUUUUUUU" then escaped with a smokebomb, or something like that?

It's what Vivec would do at least.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Blackheart posted:

I don't remember clearly, but wasn't Vivec mostly de-powered, then put on trial with Azura herself as a witness, where he still managed to steal the show and go all "YOU FUCKERS CAN'T JUDGE ME, gently caress YOUUUUUUUUU" then escaped with a smokebomb, or something like that?

I don't remember anything after the de-powered, but it's entirely possible. He was going to die at some point anyway after the Heart of Lorkhan was destroyed, though.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Blackheart posted:

That's something that happened on the Beth forums.
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/trial-vivec

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this is an actual removed Sermon.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Reading ES lore is always the weirdest thing. Because everything in it is the weirdest thing.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Most given Michael Kirkbride TES stories can be summed up as "this boring poo poo happened THEN VEHK SHOWED UP AND DID SOMETHING COOL AND BEAT EVERYONE" to begin with, the car isn't even much of a jump.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
that ghost is about to burn down kvatch

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
I've never played any Elder Scrolls game, but I just caught up on the comic and it's adorable! :3: Can't wait to see more!

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Rose Spirit posted:

I've never played any Elder Scrolls game, but I just caught up on the comic and it's adorable! :3: Can't wait to see more!

All you need to know right now is that the town that she's in right now is going to burn.

Literally, when you play Oblivion (which takes place chronologically just after Prequel) when you walk up to Kvatch it's literally on fire and completely destroyed. Albeit seemingly due to a daedric (aka: demonic) invasion, though I wouldn't be suprised if Kaz gives us an alternate reason how.

... and you can find a still breathing Sigrid outside, along with the rest of the refugees.

Adeline Weishaupt fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 14, 2013

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Redeye Flight posted:

Or didn't kill Vivec. It depends on the timeline.

Vivec's probably pretty dead, though. Almalexia and Sotha Sil are incredibly dead.

Blackheart posted:

It was basically all of the above. To be fair, this has happened before. It's sort of a thing in Elder Scrolls lore where multiple contradictory things all happen at the same time. Literally every Daggerfall ending occurred, after all.

As for Vivec, his whole thing is that, way back, when he was still kicking rear end and doing his thing, he was a player character, which in turn meant he had access to the game/mod editor, and just cheated constantly using it.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This has the side effect of making playing the game on the PC the One True Way to CHIM. You aren't really a hero if you play it on your xbox :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Those who haven't played Oblivion may wish to follow Lizard Wizard's excellent You... I've seen you. Let me play Oblivion thread.

• Locked thread