Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Wales Grey posted:

Shoot him a bit, then shoot his dog, then shoot him again.

The secret is that ZANUKA (such a dumb name) will jump over to revive him whenever he goes down, so you gotta kill his dog before you waste him.

Having a frame with strong AoE to deal with the junk he summons is also nice.
Must've been something wrong in my game, me and a buddy tried it and we just did zero damage to either of the buggers. I was using a maxed out Soma, Twin Gremlins and the little sickle thing to boot, with kitted out mods.

ZANUUUUUKAs a dumb name too, the level was very pretty though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

So am I correct in understanding in order to cook the Nekros, what is currently considered the absolute worst warframe in the game by a wide margin, it is necessary to first farm nav coordinates to forge a key to a special orokin void, and then in those special orokin voids farm special nav coordinates to forge a special special orokin void key, and then run those special special orokin voids and defeat the boss (which is nearly impossible to do solo) to farm the component blueprints?

Why?

DE likes making every new thing they add fancier and more needlessly complicated to get, which I guess might be exciting for long-time players who have nothing better to do by now, but really all it does is make everything inconsistent and impossible to understand for everyone who didn't happen to be playing at the time.

You'd think they would have learned their lesson now that this has resulted in a five-step process to get the worst character in the game but nope

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Don't forget the nekros blueprint costs like 2.5 times as much as any other frame for no reason

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It is worth remembering that Mag used to be arguably the worst frame in the game and then got insanely buffed to being just shy of Nova/Rhino levels, so Necros and Valkyr probably won't spend too too long being crappy. DE may make a lot of mistakes, but they do (eventually) get around to fixing them.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Why is endgame content in this coop game so hard to solo? :mad:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

chumbler posted:

It is worth remembering that Mag used to be arguably the worst frame in the game and then got insanely buffed to being just shy of Nova/Rhino levels, so Necros and Valkyr probably won't spend too too long being crappy. DE may make a lot of mistakes, but they do (eventually) get around to fixing them.
They promised an Ember buff.

I'm waiting, DE.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fish Noise posted:

They promised an Ember buff.

I'm waiting, DE.

Damage 2.0 was a pretty solid buff to Ember (also Volt and Frost). Fireball is actually somewhat decent now (still needs better particles, though). Overheat is still kinda meh unless you enjoy hugging people to death, but having a poo poo skill is common to all frames except Rhino, God King of All Frames. Plus Ember prime looks cool, which is as good as a buff.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Loki doesn't have any poo poo skills :colbert:

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

AndroidHub posted:

Loki doesn't have any poo poo skills :colbert:

Switch Teleport isn't really very good for anything other than screwing with pubbies, and Radial Disarm has a few uses but on the ultimate scale it's down there with Necro and Valkyr.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

chumbler posted:

Damage 2.0 was a pretty solid buff to Ember (also Volt and Frost). Fireball is actually somewhat decent now (still needs better particles, though). Overheat is still kinda meh unless you enjoy hugging people to death, but having a poo poo skill is common to all frames except Rhino, God King of All Frames. Plus Ember prime looks cool, which is as good as a buff.

I haven't tried Ember since the update but I won't think she's alright until they fix world on fire. It's her best skill but it's still broken and has been for a really long time. I heard they even increased the time it takes to arbitrarily pick a new target.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I'll have a Nekros and a Nova coming out at the same time and I'll enjoy them equally.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I haven't tried Ember since the update but I won't think she's alright until they fix world on fire. It's her best skill but it's still broken and has been for a really long time. I heard they even increased the time it takes to arbitrarily pick a new target.

Granted it was only t2 survival, but I didn't particularly notice any issues with it even at 20-25 minutes in.

Gazaar posted:

I'll have a Nekros and a Nova coming out at the same time and I'll enjoy them equally.

Trust me, you won't. And then Nova will ruin every frame except Rhino/Mag for you.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

chumbler posted:

Trust me, you won't. And then Nova will ruin every frame except Rhino/Mag for you.

Sorry you're wrong.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Switch Teleport isn't really very good for anything other than screwing with pubbies, and Radial Disarm has a few uses but on the ultimate scale it's down there with Necro and Valkyr.

Decoy + Switch Teleport is basically 50 energy (or less) for a LoS range teleport. Once you max Switch Teleport and fit a few power range mods or the Swindle hat (which you should grab anyway because it looks boss as hell) anyway.

The only change the Loki ult really needs is to do more damage to infested/any damage to previously disarmed dudes. It's brutal in PvP if you can get enough energy to use it. (Removes all energy/shields/prevents attacks for ~4 seconds, does like 200+ DMG to unshielded Tenno. Not that it matters any versus Rhino's 1.2k buffer or in the face of instagib-levels of damage, but it does something nifty.)

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 2, 2013

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I don't even know what they'd do to Nekros to make him good without inventing new skills for him. Terrify is his only move with marginal utility. I guess Desecrate is alright if you're desperate for more chances at loot drops, but ever since Rage/Quick Thinking stopped being invulnerability it's sort of terrible.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

You could make his ultimate straight up kill enemies to raise them as thralls but then it would just be Nyx's Chaos.

Make his punch heal him plus his allies too. Which would just be Trinity's well of life.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 2, 2013

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Kanos posted:

I don't even know what they'd do to Nekros to make him good without inventing new skills for him. Terrify is his only move with marginal utility. I guess Desecrate is alright if you're desperate for more chances at loot drops, but ever since Rage/Quick Thinking stopped being invulnerability it's sort of terrible.

The best change to his ult would be making it so every time one of his ghouls gets a kill, they raise whatever they killed as another ghoul. They could also use a damage buff or something.

Desecrate is terrible and should just get removed though.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
What the gently caress is this giant bluish white vortex?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

The best change to his ult would be making it so every time one of his ghouls gets a kill, they raise whatever they killed as another ghoul. They could also use a damage buff or something.

Desecrate is terrible and should just get removed though.

For that to work his shadows would actually have to be able to kill things. Since they resurrect as direct clones of whatever they were in life, unless you're resurrecting heavies/corpus techs/ancients they don't do remotely enough damage to kill things quickly enough to matter. Couple that with the fact that his shadows have crippled AI(I've watched shadow grineer lancers fire at a wall because they couldn't figure out they had to go through a door) and don't use the AI scripting of the mob they should be cloned from and you've got a shitfest.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Raruna posted:

What the gently caress is this giant bluish white vortex?

That's the void. Sometimes it bugs out and displays on the main map instead of just when you use a key.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Kanos posted:

For that to work his shadows would actually have to be able to kill things. Since they resurrect as direct clones of whatever they were in life, unless you're resurrecting heavies/corpus techs/ancients they don't do remotely enough damage to kill things quickly enough to matter. Couple that with the fact that his shadows have crippled AI(I've watched shadow grineer lancers fire at a wall because they couldn't figure out they had to go through a door) and don't use the AI scripting of the mob they should be cloned from and you've got a shitfest.

Hahaha, they don't even get a damage or health buff when resurrected, regardless of whether the AI works or not? That's awful. It's literally "lovely Chaos".

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hopefully the next frame will be the bird one that was in that one list a while back. I am 100% certain that one of its powers will just be literal flight.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

Hahaha, they don't even get a damage or health buff when resurrected, regardless of whether the AI works or not? That's awful. It's literally "lovely Chaos".

Enemies do hilariously poo poo damage compared to a player, but players are so squishy it's hard to tell with no reference point. Walking up to a level 70 fusion moa and hitting link as trinity is pretty funny. It takes it a full minute to kill itself, but would down even the most tanky Rhino in seconds. Then you go into pvp and kill another player in one shot with literally anything assuming you have some half leveled mods in the gun.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Harrower posted:

Enemies do hilariously poo poo damage compared to a player, but players are so squishy it's hard to tell with no reference point. Walking up to a level 70 fusion moa and hitting link as trinity is pretty funny. It takes it a full minute to kill itself, but would down even the most tanky Rhino in seconds. Then you go into pvp and kill another player in one shot with literally anything assuming you have some half leveled mods in the gun.

Hell, make it raise Stalker ghosts from each corpse it revives. Even if they do poo poo damage to enemies at least it would be something unique. And a hell of a spectacle too.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Nekros is a big poo poo. There were 50 pages of complaints about his abilities before his release. DE released him without changing a thing; said they wanted people to try him first, and then they would make changes if people still didn't like him. Turns out we were right, his abilities were poo poo, and they still have not changed a thing.

His soul punched got hosed over by a bug in update 11 where it didn't ragdoll enemies near the target, and when they fixed it, it knocks them over again, but doesn't send them flying like it used to.

Terrify has always been terrible, but now that enemy Armor is not as important, it's very small armor debuff is even more useless.

Desecrate is hardly useful outside of survival, and even then you'd better enjoy spamming 3, cause that's all you'll be doing.

Shadows of the Dead tho, holy cow. Out of all the inspiration they could have drawn from other games, it has to be the most pointless uncontrollable summoning mechanic I've ever seen. You can't make your shadows more effective or raise their level, you can't control them at all (making it completely contrary to the flow and pace of the game), they won't agro unless shot first, they hardly draw enemy agro, they have terrible pathfinding and just walk off to god knows where, they block the weapons and movement of you and your teammates, and because they are the same level as the enemy mobs, it's pretty much a game of rock, paper, scissors.

Now they've released Valkyr, a frame just as poorly tested and thought out as Nekros. It's been months since Nekros came out and he's not been touched at all. Good luck with Valkyr.

I would say we might see them not suck when they release their prime version, but look how Ember turned out. Her prime version doesn't even have an extra polarity. What the hell Scott. What do you do?

Dapper Man fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 2, 2013

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Cowcaster posted:

Hell, make it raise Stalker ghosts from each corpse it revives. Even if they do poo poo damage to enemies at least it would be something unique. And a hell of a spectacle too.

new feature added in patch: Stalker vocal clips

glitch: Stalker summons always go through full sequence of voice clips, just like real Stalker

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Dapper Man posted:

Now they've released Valkyr, a frame just as poorly tested and thought out as Nekros. It's been months since Nekros came out and he's not been touched at all. Good luck with Valkyr.

Hey man, they gave Valkyr immunity to knockdowns while Hysteria is active (she gets pushed backwards instead). They're at least paying some attention.

Dual Kamas still have no polarities, though.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

It's not even lovely Chaos because Chaos is an incredible crowd control mechanic on living enemies. You have to actually kill enemies prior to using Shadows of the Dead in order to load the enemy buffer, and it just summons the most recently killed enemies in the buffer when you use the ability up to the max shadows you can have up(or just stops summoning if the buffer runs out). It doesn't prefer to summon stronger enemy types or anything. Kill 7 ancients and then kill 7 runners? You're gonna summon 7 runners next time you use Shadows.

It's the most embarrassingly awful uber in the game.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Schubalts posted:

Hey man, they gave Valkyr immunity to knockdowns while Hysteria is active (she gets pushed backwards instead). They're at least paying some attention.

Dual Kamas still have no polarities, though.

Doesn't Infest Ancient disruption still get through? They may have fixed that since I built her...

I just don't understand why Warframes, the game's namesake, only see changes at a glaciers pace.

God I hate this game. Better go play it more to work out my anger.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dapper Man posted:

Valkyr honestly isn't that far off. Her ult and ripline are good, if buggy. She's just mostly held back by horrendously terrible base stats. If her shields didn't blow then her stun might be a bit better. Her buff/debuff needs to be redesigned, but again, almost every frame has a bad skill and I think we all just need to come to accept that truth. Certainly there's more that they could do with her, but base stat buffs would probably get her level with everyone else.

God why do we all play this terrible game?

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

chumbler posted:

Valkyr honestly isn't that far off. Her ult and ripline are good, if buggy. She's just mostly held back by horrendously terrible base stats. If her shields didn't blow then her stun might be a bit better. Her buff/debuff needs to be redesigned, but again, almost every frame has a bad skill and I think we all just need to come to accept that truth. Certainly there's more that they could do with her, but base stat buffs would probably get her level with everyone else.

God why do we all play this terrible game?

I think my biggest beef is that they made her the first Armor/Health centric frame, while at the same time nerfing the hell out of Warframe Armor. I want to see that combination work, but they either have to triple her current Armor value, or just fix Warmframe armor scales.

I love her ripline ability, tho. I've got to say, people bashed it for not being melee centric, but I disagree. It can work just as well getting you around horizontally just as well vertically. The fact that you also do a wall attack if you melee just after casting it, means you can take amazing advantage of melee weapons that have a 1000 base damage wall attack. Doing 4,000+ damage wall attack crits is satisfying.

Dapper Man fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 2, 2013

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Dapper Man posted:

look how Ember turned out. Her prime version doesn't even have an extra polarity.

W....what?

HOW?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Ember Prime changes a polarity both polarities, but doesn't gain a new one.

chumbler posted:

If her shields didn't blow then her stun might be a bit better.

I don't know. We got people on the official forums speculating that one of the reasons she has lovely shields is because Paralyze deals damage equal to 50% of your shields.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Schubalts posted:

I don't know. We got people on the official forums speculating that one of the reasons she has lovely shields is because Paralyze deals damage equal to 50% of your shields.

If this is the reasoning, it's pretty terrible reasoning. Even if she had shields on par with Volt and was modded for absolute maximum shields(~1200-1400ish), you'd still only see a 2000ish Paralyze from max shields. Sounds huge, except it's a melee range AoE that's functionally unusable outside of Hysteria and takes a significant amount of time to build up for a full-power blast.

Valkyr is a berserker melee frame which maxes out at 150 shields and 300 hp, putting her numerically on par with Loki and below everyone else's total value for stats(and shields are substantially more valuable than health, so she's even worse comparatively). They didn't even give her Saryn's above-average health. They seriously, massively, unbelievably overestimated how useful armor is in their own damage system.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 2, 2013

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Schubalts posted:

That's idiotic. The two were designed in tandem. If they wanted more shields on Valkyr without pumping up Paralyze then Paralyze would have a lower coefficient. Valkyr has poo poo shields because somebody decided it would be neat to make a frame that isn't totally reliant on shields for defense like everyone else, but oops we forgot to include mechanics to make it possible to get away with health tanking if you don't have a Trinity glued to your rear end.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Well, If we're going to start throwing around Nekros redesign ideas:

-Make the armor reduction of Terrify a passive component, add in a DoT that eats at shields, keep the active as a mass Fear but reduce the energy cost.
-Make Desecrate force summoned Shadows attack whoever you aim it at, reduce to 25 energy (drop the loot aspect because gently caress underpowered classes in MMO's that are boring as sin but mandatory because they have a passive that makes them walking material/item mills)
-Give summoned shadows a health and damage buff (Or if we're going really out of the way with changes, let Nekros collect shadows and pick one to "equip" pre-mission, which he can then summon alongside all the gimpy enemy shadows, lasts longer than them, and levels with missions), enemies killed by shadows become new shadows.

Obviously I have no clue how overpowered/underpowered this would be seeing as I'm still a new scrub, just some ideas I thought would be cool.

Currently leveling an Obex, I'm having a shitload of fun with it, almost considering supercharging it because it's just so fun and if nothing else, it would probably be more unique than a Galatine or Zoren or etcetera. I'm currently considering Fury, Melee Prowess, Pressure Point, and Blast damage; are there any other mods I should consider to make them better/suck less?

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Dec 2, 2013

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Just give him an ability that straight up kills a guy, because it's silly that a frame themed around death has no abilities that kill things.

Have it upgrade to kill several guys or deal a percentage of the target's hp to surrounding enemies if you want to make it scalable.

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

I don't see a lot of people in this game, is it very active? I disabled the ping limit but it's still pretty tough to find teams for a lot of missions.

It's becoming a pain trying to access some of the outer planets because I can't find people to help me clear the intermediate ones (especially Neptune which is a dead zone). I'm considering attempting them solo.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Broniki posted:

I don't see a lot of people in this game, is it very active? I disabled the ping limit but it's still pretty tough to find teams for a lot of missions.

It's becoming a pain trying to access some of the outer planets because I can't find people to help me clear the intermediate ones (especially Neptune which is a dead zone). I'm considering attempting them solo.

It's pretty active but some of the outer planets have few people running anything other than the system boss.

Edit: Nekros Chat: Terrify should last long spread, from enemy to enemy, and make them cower in fear, Desecrate should explode corpses and Soul Punch should have its damage upped.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Kanos posted:

They seriously, massively, unbelievably overestimated how useful armor is in their own damage system.

Which I think has been stated in this thread is a side effect of Damage 2.0 and the developers have now been made awarre that armour is now worse than ever. I hope they don't touch her shields at all and instead make armour worth more than it is (or has ever been).