Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
So I gave in and RMAed my phone because of the loose power button. Well kind of. I have to wait 2-3 weeks for the new one to be shipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SB35
Jul 6, 2007
Move along folks, nothing to see here.
Tylt Wireless Qi Charger $35

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Awesome the Motorola site is completely dead. Just in time for the $350 deal!

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

Right after I bought it for $50. :negative:

Noxious
Oct 22, 2002

Allow me to give you free stuff, or I will stalk you and poison your family.

Mu Zeta posted:

Awesome the Motorola site is completely dead. Just in time for the $350 deal!

It's not surprising. I'm sure a lot of people are sitting around :f5: like crazy hoping to get a phone.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Is there a link to the off-contract phone page that I can join the refresh party? Google just finds references to the deal itself

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
Out of curiosity's sake, I loaded up the Moto X Developer page. Still $549. Is the sale not on yet? Or not at all?

Motomaker is completely dead.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It should be live now. It's 8am CST. Too bad the site isn't alive.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Dec 2, 2013

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004
I was able to get to my saved designs and it started to load the phone in MotoMaker but then it crapped out.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

Mu Zeta posted:

Too bad the site isn't alive.

Reminds me of setting up an auto clicker to click 1000 times per second to get my first Nexus 4. Google, never change. Now motomaker and the dev edition website are completely dead.

Stick100 fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Dec 2, 2013

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

This should go so well with my brand new MAXX :hellyeah:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I emailed Motorola last week to see if they would refund me $150 since I had just bought a Moto X and was within the return period. Why shouldn't I just return the one I bought and get a cheaper one today. They never responded. I guess they knew I wouldn't be able to get one anyway.

Speaking of Motorola, my fiance's Razr M seems to only like Motorola brand wall chargers (or it may have been a bad cable), and also it only charges in the car on a 2 amp car charger, and the 1 amp does not work. Is this a Razr M thing? Or are my methods flawed?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

big mean giraffe posted:

This should go so well with my brand new MAXX :hellyeah:

I actually just ordered a 2nd one for my Nexus 7. It works great with the MAXX.

I'll take my LG puck to the office for the few times I need to top off before I leave work.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG
Tylt website dead for me.

Moto x price is still not lowered and can't make it through checkout anyway.

At least I still have my health.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I've actually managed to log in and get a Moto X added to my cart but it's not showing $150 off.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Okay, so since the last Google Now/Search update it seems that if I want to have my Reminders pop up a notification, I need to have notifications turned on in Now. That makes sense.

Except I can't turn off notifications for specific cards anymore. I don't want notifications for weather, and travel time, and all that poo poo. Just Reminders. Is there a way to set it up that way or is it "all or nothing" now?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm at Checkout and it still says $550. I don't think this is ready yet, unless I need a coupon code.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm at Checkout and it still says $550. I don't think this is ready yet, unless I need a coupon code.

I understand the site being overloaded due to demand, but I'm surprised that they didn't even activate the sale 36 minutes after it was supposed to launch.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Mu Zeta posted:

None needed.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Parker Lewis posted:

I understand the site being overloaded due to demand, but I'm surprised that they didn't even activate the sale 36 minutes after it was supposed to launch.
Have they said what time it was supposed to start?

How does this poo poo happen in TYOOL 2013?

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Have they said what time it was supposed to start?

How does this poo poo happen in TYOOL 2013?

It was advertised as starting at 08:00 Central Time.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="422631563"]
Tylt website dead for me.

It's just really slow, I had ~2 minutes between page loads sometimes, just gotta be patient.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

I emailed Motorola last week to see if they would refund me $150 since I had just bought a Moto X and was within the return period. Why shouldn't I just return the one I bought and get a cheaper one today. They never responded. I guess they knew I wouldn't be able to get one anyway.

Speaking of Motorola, my fiance's Razr M seems to only like Motorola brand wall chargers (or it may have been a bad cable), and also it only charges in the car on a 2 amp car charger, and the 1 amp does not work. Is this a Razr M thing? Or are my methods flawed?

I chatted with them last night via MotoCare on my phone and the agent essentially told me the only way to get the $399 price is to return a perfectly good phone (under the 14-day window) and order a new one. Seems ridiculous, but they aren't budging. If I can get a $399 Dev one today, that's what I'll do. $150 is $150 and Moto will have a perfectly good RMA'd phone on their hands. Strange.

If they tossed me a small coupon for accessories, I'd shut up about it. RMA it is I guess (if the website ever works). Just got the phone on Saturday.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There is a coupon right now for accessories: THANKS

It's over today.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

hotsauce posted:

I chatted with them last night via MotoCare on my phone and the agent essentially told me the only way to get the $399 price is to return a perfectly good phone (under the 14-day window) and order a new one. Seems ridiculous, but they aren't budging. If I can get a $399 Dev one today, that's what I'll do. $150 is $150 and Moto will have a perfectly good RMA'd phone on their hands. Strange.

If they tossed me a small coupon for accessories, I'd shut up about it. RMA it is I guess (if the website ever works). Just got the phone on Saturday.

Well poo poo.

I'm at checkout and it says "We are sorry for the inconvenience, but your request couldnt be processed correctly." Also it says $550.

edit - Actually I'm in the cart and it's not going to checkout when I click it.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

https://twitter.com/MotorolaSupport/with_replies

https://twitter.com/Motorola/status/407523478774894592

Promo not yet started, and they say not to order until the sale price shows up in your cart.

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004

@Motorola posted:

Our website is down due to traffic & we're working quickly to restore it. Watch here for updates & for when our Cyber Monday deal starts.

e:fb

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Mu Zeta posted:

There is a coupon right now for accessories: THANKS

It's over today.

Not that i can see what accessories are available, but are any worth getting?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG
Has anyone compared this to Obamacare yet? Because that would be sad.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm buying the Bluetooth Headphone that's normally $80. Coupon brings it down to a similar price to the LG Tone.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="422632379"]
Has anyone compared this to Obamacare yet? Because that would be sad.

Quite a few people on Moto's Google+ page were doing that until the comment limit was reached on the original sale post.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Mister Fister posted:

Not that i can see what accessories are available, but are any worth getting?

$10 off the Speck case for the Moto X seemed decent to me.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm buying the Bluetooth Headphone that's normally $80. Coupon brings it down to a similar price to the LG Tone.

I have Motorola bluetooth wraparounds, and they're pretty bad. I don't know if those will be better, but keep that in mind.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Which model? And what don't you like about it?

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Indeed, which model? The Amazon reviews for the Motorola S11 headset have a lot of people saying the things basically are prone to break in half, so there's that.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

Which model? And what don't you like about it?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002BH3I9U/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1385997922&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

Constant buzz, uncomfortable, headphones are untransportable without warping them.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
a quick amazon search shows a number of Qi chargers for under $50 ... most get good reviews, so what is so special about this particular one ?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Decius posted:

Anyone know what "sensors.qcom" is, which some days takes up to 15 % of my battery power (especially if I don't use my phone much over the day) on my Nexus 5? I'd guess something to do with Qualcomm from the name, but googling doesn't bring up much either:

Are you running a live wallpaper? I've seen LWP's that use the gyroscope/compass pop that in the battery graph before.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Motorola Mobility ‏@Motorola 3m

We’re currently restoring online services. Some may have site-access, but Cyber Monday deal prices won’t begin until all systems are a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mister Fister posted:

Motorola Mobility ‏@Motorola 3m

We’re currently restoring online services. Some may have site-access, but Cyber Monday deal prices won’t begin until all systems are a go.

Do we know if this is going to be reflected on items already in the cart? Or would I need to build a phone again?

• Locked thread