Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Fallom posted:

This world sucks because i wish fat gross/funny dudes who chain smoke could live to be 80 like everyone else, instead they all die at like 43

Truly evidence that there is no God. A fat nerd that plays video games and lives in filth will probably die in the next decade or two, if he isn't already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

When I retire I want to be fat, gross and filthy

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

One of the suggested videos at the end of this... :stare:

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
hey who is alwayshateorigin anyways

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

ded posted:

I have no originfriends. So add alwayshateorigin so I can shoot dudes in bf4 when kfc is downempty.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

hey who is alwayshateorigin anyways

Some douche.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Battlefield is so fun when we have enough for a few squads.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Laughing pretty hard at the guys in the KFS thread saying battlefield 4 is dead. Surely it can't be that no one wants to play on GBS 1.0: the battlefield server.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Yea the game sure is dead *finds dozens of full servers*

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Laughing at the guy who implemented a super strict reserved slot system that kicks dozens of people in a row without warning or notification and then complains that nobody comes back

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Fallom posted:

Laughing at the guy who implemented a super strict reserved slot system that kicks dozens of people in a row without warning or notification and then complains that nobody comes back

Yeah see that's the biggest problem. There aren't enough BF4 goons that after the "ooh new game" wears off and traffic dies down to run a server. There were hundreds of goons whitelisted, who got random people kicked when the game was new and they were all trying it out, but now a lot of them aren't playing anymore. The people who were kicked don't want to come back because there are hundreds of servers that didn't kick them for no reason that they can play on. There are also hundreds of servers that wont kick you because they are sensitive and your emblem scared them, meanwhile one of them has a swastika of dicks, or insta ban you for saying something is gay or making a ~transphobic comment~.

Pretty much every day this week we've all been playing in a big group of 4-10+ people and never have problems finding a server. Hell whenever I play solo I use filters for ping, game-type, number of players, rules etc, and I get to choose from dozens of servers at 10am EST. This game is not dead at all, just one server.

gleep gloop fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Dec 2, 2013

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

gleep gloop posted:

Yeah see that's the biggest problem. There aren't enough BF4 goons that after the "ooh new game" wears off and traffic dies down to run a server. There were hundreds of goons whitelisted, who got random people kicked when the game was new and they were all trying it out, but now a lot of them aren't playing anymore. The people who were kicked don't want to come back because there are hundreds of servers that didn't kick them for no reason that they can play on. There are also hundreds of servers that wont kick you because they are sensitive and your emblem scared them, meanwhile one of them has a swastika of dicks, or insta ban you for saying something is gay or making a ~transphobic comment~.

Pretty much every day this week we've all been playing in a big group of 4-10+ people and never have problems finding a server. Hell whenever I play solo I use filters for ping, game-type, number of players, rules etc, and I get to choose from dozens of servers at 10am EST. This game is not dead at all, just one server.

Goons only want to play with other Goons so that their experience isn't tainted with pubbies people who didn't pay :10bux: to post on an internet forum. The funny thing is I have more fun loving around with 5 or so of you guys then I ever did in games like Planetside where I was in a goon clan.

Edit:

Bob NewSCART posted:

Seriously. They haven't said poo poo about the game basically being one of the most unstable pieces of poo poo released in recent memory other than "some stability fixes" which could be anything.

I crash consistently on maybe two maps and even that seems to be getting better :iiam:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Unlocked everything in Engineer and Recon. Working on support now.

The MAV on Zevod is insane in every way. Spotting bonuses all day errday

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Do not read the Games thread regarding the new Fallout game.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

Crap now I want to.

Edit: :stare:

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 2, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

New Fallout??????????????

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yes. This time there's a lot more to the rumor than before. Supposedly set in Boston with a full reveal set for later this month. It looks pretty legit.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

God dammit. Is it The fallout 3 or the New Vegas team?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

God dammit. Is it The fallout 3 or the New Vegas team?

FO3 team. Obsidian is doing a throwback RPG now that's like Planescape: Torment.

vains
May 26, 2004

Its pretty funny. They were debating the merits of the Legion vs NCR and discussing the social structure of Legion controlled land when I read it yesterday.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
Dudes I got this BF4 poo poo, origin name is richiehimself. I'll probably stumble into the multiplayer stuff at some point today as long as I don't get too drunk and wander off

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

FO3 team. Obsidian is doing a throwback RPG now that's like Planescape: Torment.

Man that kinda stinks, I loved New Vegas so much.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Man that kinda stinks, I loved New Vegas so much.

Goons didn't because of social justice.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I liked FO3 because of the setting v:shobon:v

RichieHimself posted:

Dudes I got this BF4 poo poo, origin name is richiehimself. I'll probably stumble into the multiplayer stuff at some point today as long as I don't get too drunk and wander off

Added. It's a lot of fun with GiPers.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

lol really? Was New Vegas the one where goons were mad there wasn't a gender slider for character creation? Or was that Skyrim?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gently caress goons forever, it's the best western rpg I've played ever.

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

everyone is fabulous always
goons whining about the racial ramifications of stat bonuses in skyrim and why the stormcloaks were literally worse than hitler was a cool thing to read

vains
May 26, 2004

ghost bones posted:

goons whining about the racial ramifications of stat bonuses in skyrim and why the stormcloaks were literally worse than hitler was a cool thing to read

Games is the best forum to read. Bring back the "Minorities in Games" thread.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I liked FO3 because of the setting v:shobon:v

Added. It's a lot of fun with GiPers.

Did you add me yet you faygala? Him_name_Hopkin if ya nasty.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Dominions 4 is on sale for 13 more hours. http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DOM4TA/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascension

You know you want to take a break from shouting "MURK'D, human being!" at 12 year old kids in your army man games.

In my current game with goons I killed a bunch of mythical-Norway ice giants with an army of 600 little mythical-Africa pygmy-mans.

It was pretty great.

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Games is the best forum to read. Bring back the "Minorities in Games" thread.

I fully support this, that thread was some of the best entertainment I've had on these forums.

vains
May 26, 2004

8lbsofanalsex posted:

I fully support this, that thread was some of the best entertainment I've had on these forums.

This is problematic, to say the least.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

people get real mad over the aa tank on golmud

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

ghost bones posted:

The guy who does the Elder Scrolls Let's Plays put in one of his OPs how the Redguards (i.e. the black people of TES) get bonuses to Blade, Blunt and Athletics but have poor intelligence / wisdom and aren't descended from the same people as the other humans and the Games mod probated him for racism

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

people get real mad over the aa tank on golmud

Some dude in the Games thread was talking about how much it sucks when AA hangs out at base but gently caress them, shutting down the other team's entire air force singlehandedly beats the gently caress out of driving around the cap points and taking 6 RPGs in the rear end. The pilots get soooo loving mad.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Having air superiority with a good AA is a big advantage to your team, I don't get why it makes people so mad. They're also not that difficult to kill if you jihad jeep or c4 them. A lot of AA gunners are focused on the sky and you can get pretty close.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Having air superiority with a good AA is a big advantage to your team, I don't get why it makes people so mad. They're also not that difficult to kill if you jihad jeep or c4 them. A lot of AA gunners are focused on the sky and you can get pretty close.

It's pretty funny when people try attaching C4 to everything from quads to helicopters to try to kill me as AA and I just murder all of them. One time I killed two guys on a C4 quad at 500m, and they were the ones who'd been trying to get me the whole round.

Usually the only time I die is when the land I'm on is so full of craters that I can't move. I am a wary AA driver.

Having been a passenger on a Little Bird with a great pilot, I am fully aware of how important shutting down the other team's air is.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Active missile and active defense is the bees knees.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Fallom posted:

It's pretty funny when people try attaching C4 to everything from quads to helicopters to try to kill me as AA and I just murder all of them.

You're talking about me, every single round of Lancang. Most AA drivers never notice or expect a jihad jeep 8-9 seconds out of bounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Fallom posted:

It's pretty funny when people try attaching C4 to everything from quads to helicopters to try to kill me as AA and I just murder all of them. One time I killed two guys on a C4 quad at 500m, and they were the ones who'd been trying to get me the whole round.

Usually the only time I die is when the land I'm on is so full of craters that I can't move. I am a wary AA driver.

Having been a passenger on a Little Bird with a great pilot, I am fully aware of how important shutting down the other team's air is.

I've roadkilled people that I had no idea were there. Rule number one of driving a vehicle...if you are stationary for more than five seconds, you invite death.

• Locked thread