Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Lurdiak posted:

Doesn't exactly explain why she apparently dropped off the face of the earth.

Calling the fire department of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Tenebrais posted:

We've seen in other chapters that Robot has been waiting for an angel long before Kat was around. He might be projecting on her. Just a little.

Or he might not be projecting at all.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Oh there's no question that she is an angel to the robots. He just might be projecting onto her abilities and goals.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Considering how gifted she is, I rather doubt he is overestimating her abilities.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah so far Robot has only really said stuff about what she's actually done or been able to do, like "raise the dead to life" or interpret their crazy robo-language or whatever.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Well the whole "usher us into a new realm of existence" thing is a work in progress but it's probably going to happen.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

dyzzy posted:

Well the whole "usher us into a new realm of existence" thing is a work in progress but it's probably going to happen.

Oh yeah good point :V

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Blackheart posted:

Rereading that chapter up to this page, I know robot is a good guy but he really gives a cultist vibe sometimes. Even shadow's sad face makes the page more ominous, although it's mostly due to the sad events he just witnessed.

(also of course, you have to at least read the next page please)

How long before Robot goes all Isaac and Abraham on us?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Robot is a little unsettling at times, not because he's dangerous per se, but because true unshakeable capital F Faith like he has is rare and always a little bit unnerving.

I doubt his faith will ever be a problem personally.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Kikas posted:

Mindlessly clicking again and I think I found mt favourite Annie in the whole entire comic. http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=884 It's almost like a shot from the Peanuts. It's great to still keep finding these great things in older chapters.

EDIT:
Also shortly after there is this comic: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=891 What does "Oh, how far you've come." mean? Does this mean the newly animated robot knows Robot? I know that he used to be a Seraph, but I didn't think that he actually met Diego, and for them to know eachother, this would have to be the case, because Diego created the robots in the Tomb.

"Free door!" and "She wants to thank him for the free door" are probably some of the greatest Tom Comments in the series, along with "You are welcome, Vegeta".

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
I've wanted to make an av going forth between them and for one frame switching out Winsbury with Vegeta, but never was able to figure out a way that wouldn't take forever working around the laser grid.

cow -> winsbury -> cow -> vegeta would let it loop, but the masking and word bubble removal seemed like a major pain.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Altogether now everyone. Awwwwww. Now the laugh track. :3:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Dammit Canines store smells.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Never not out couples Reynardine.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Warmachine posted:

Never not out couples Reynardine.

Outing and laughing at couples is a family trait

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
Best joke in the 'krigg. We've all been there, Rey.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I love that he wags his tail in the last panel. It's such a :3: touch.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Kikas posted:

I love that he wags his tail in the last panel. It's such a :3: touch.

Reynard has never not been a bit of a lech.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
That's right, Rey. Paz is indeed a nice choice. She's a sweet girl who thinks the world of Kat.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Tom Siddell posted:

Renard continues to preach his Please Be Okay agenda.

Have we taken a moment to appreciate this man? gently caress it let's take another :allears:

While this has all been very sweet, I'm really hoping we get to Annie's reaction tomorrow already. (Maybe she's been stalking Paz so she can give her the 'don't break her heart' speech?)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aww. What a sweet moment.

Rasamune posted:

While this has all been very sweet, I'm really hoping we get to Annie's reaction tomorrow already. (Maybe she's been stalking Paz so she can give her the 'don't break her heart' speech?)

You're deluding yourself if you think we're going to get anything this week but Annie wordlessly showing up in the last panel of friday's strip with an inscrutable expression.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
And the award for most insightful, prettiest, cutest comic ever made goes to...

I'm really happy Tom isn't following up with anything sad recently. Maybe everything will stay happy for a long time :unsmith:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Lurdiak posted:

Aww. What a sweet moment.

You're deluding yourself if you think we're going to get anything this week but Annie wordlessly showing up in the last panel of friday's strip with an inscrutable expression.

"Don't worry, it's not my blood" :unsmigghh:

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Chronojam posted:

Calling the fire department of course.

That's...a really good point. There was a lot of smoke coming out of that building.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dogbutt posted:

And the award for most insightful, prettiest, cutest comic ever made goes to...

I'm really happy Tom isn't following up with anything sad recently. Maybe everything will stay happy for a long time :unsmith:

Man makes plans, and Coyote laughs.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
Is teenagers having phones less common in Britain? It seems really weird that Kat hasn't thought of texting yet.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Heavy Zed posted:

Is teenagers having phones less common in Britain? It seems really weird that Kat hasn't thought of texting yet.

It's pretty common here in Britain. It does seem to be uncommon around the Court, for whatever reason.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Heavy Zed posted:

I feel like "annie plz dont b mad sorry i like grls bffs still" would undercut the narrative somewhat.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Heavy Zed posted:

I feel even if mobiles were common in the Court, Annie is the least likely of any the students to carry hers with her, charged and on, at this point.

Also that's a pretty impersonal and easily ignorable way to try to get in touch with someone.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
Maybe cell phones interfere with the etheric experiments.

Froodulous
Feb 29, 2008

Hey, head pigeon, is this a bad post?
Prediction: Annie is listening in on this conversation via the ether. Renard is wholly aware of this, Kat, obviously, is not.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Haledjian posted:

Maybe cell phones interfere with the etheric experiments.

More likely the other way around.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
They'd have to build cell towers around the Court anyway, for cell phones to work there. I doubt the Court wants that.

Edit: Actually I'm trying to remember if there have been cell phones around or not; for some reason I'm thinking there has, so...

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Roland Jones posted:

They'd have to build cell towers around the Court anyway, for cell phones to work there. I doubt the Court wants that.

Edit: Actually I'm trying to remember if there have been cell phones around or not; for some reason I'm thinking there has, so...

Jones has one.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
Microsat 5 was instigated by a call on Jones' cell phone.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Roland Jones posted:

A cell phone actually played a central role in one chapter!

e;fb

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
3 answers and 2 links in 5 minutes. I expect no less of you, GKC thread.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Right, I knew I saw one before, just couldn't place where. Hm, so, cells do work out at the Court, but aren't common. Maybe the school just has a rule against students having them? Can't remember if we've seen students with them or not, other than when Annie's talking on an adult's phone. Or it could just be a story thing.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Right, I knew I saw one before, just couldn't place where. Hm, so, cells do work out at the Court, but aren't common. Maybe the school just has a rule against students having them? Can't remember if we've seen students with them or not, other than when Annie's talking on an adult's phone. Or it could just be a story thing.

You act as if that has ever stopped students from using cell phones. I think it may just be a story thing, where when they're not plot important they don't show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Maybe their parents don't think 14-year-olds (are they 14? 13?) need cellphones? I know I didn't get one until I had a car, and then only because they wanted me to check in all the time. Either way, yeah I agree, Annie would be the least likely to have one for a multitude of reasons (she'd probably need a replacement plan).