Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

The Ape of Naples posted:

Not that I'm a fan or even know much about Louden Wainright III but I feel like it's a little unfair for him to be know as "Rufus Wainwright's dad".

My favorite new PFT character is Robin Thicke's dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think my favorite Would You Rather was from the live episode where the person decided to try petting a duck a squirrel-snake even though the person was crippled by one ducks.

Poopy Palpy posted:

Which episode was that?

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 28, 2013

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Alan Thicke was on episode 245 with Amy Poehler.

He was also on the Toronto episode of the recent live tour.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RandomPauI posted:

I think my favorite Would You Rather was from the live episode where the person decided to try petting a duck a squirrel-snake even though the person was crippled by one ducks.

Which episode was that?

Ep 245 Amy Poehler, PFT, and Neil Campbell

http://blog.earwolf.com/post/67022174134

Edit: Dammit. Beaten.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

GraPar posted:

The middle bit where they do Michael Caine and Sean Connery is probably my favourite (and most listened to) single segment of CBB all year, it's incredible.

It totally was, yeah. Those guys will hopefully come back when they're all in town again, whenever that is.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
If I can sway anyone's votes I'd like to offer up Two Thumbs and Not Much Else with Ben Schwartz and Warner Herzog. Great episode and it has the amazing song Skid Row from Little Shop of Horrors with some crazy added jingle at the end.

I feel like we need a Ben Schwartz and Jason Mantzoukas episode.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Ben Schwartz is one of my favorite guests, I always get excited when I see his name pop up.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

http://womenslaser.tumblr.com/post/66938843763/alan-thickes-paul-f-tompkins-theme-song-for

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Greggy posted:

Good point, I think part of her appeal is she doesn't do songs though, just engages with Scott in a nice in-depth interview.

Climbing The Ladder and Rolling In The Deep Of My Pussy are songs.

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!

Politicalrancor posted:

Climbing The Ladder and Rolling In The Deep Of My Pussy are songs.

Checkmate.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I'm really excited about one of the future episodes, not only because of these two being in studio...

...but also because that picture was posted by Matt Gourley of Superego.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

urk the quack posted:

I'm really excited about one of the future episodes, not only because of these two being in studio...

There is nothing about this that does not turn me on.

It's about loving time Aukerman had Matt Gourley on CBB, if that is indeed what is going on here. He's hilarious and seems like he'd be perfect for CBB. Superego would my favorite podcast if they released more than 6 episodes a year, but what can you do.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
PSA: The Pardcastathon is now live until midnight PST. Scott Aukerman and Doug Benson and many others scheduled to come on the live stream:
http://pardcast.com/

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

urk the quack posted:

I feel like these things are somehow connected

https://twitter.com/TVsAndyDaly/status/403233792329912320
http://instagram.com/p/hB7KHhoz0d/

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Nike Support better be integrated into whatever Daly's doing or else :argh:

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

THE JOURNEYMEN!!!

I want the episode to be in my earholes right this instant.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

About a page late, but on the topic of Christmas music/CBB this downloaded with the backlog of old CDR episodes when I got them ~2 years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7nNo1la884

I wonder how much of a failure Chip Pope/R.O. Manse feels like looking at that video today.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I kinda liked R.O. Manse. He had a synthesizer.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

All I remember of Chip Pope is he was on the first Huell Howser episode. I think he may have said something funny on it?

I remember liking RO Manse but I also remember liking Dragon Boy Suede, and judging by the songs DBS has made lately that was a mistake.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Power of Pecota posted:

About a page late, but on the topic of Christmas music/CBB this downloaded with the backlog of old CDR episodes when I got them ~2 years ago:

New PFT character spotted at 8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7nNo1la884&t=8

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

All I remember of Chip Pope is he was on the first Huell Howser episode. I think he may have said something funny on it?

I remember liking RO Manse but I also remember liking Dragon Boy Suede, and judging by the songs DBS has made lately that was a mistake.

Howard Kremer is a musical masterpiece

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

THE JOURNEYMEN!!!

I want the episode to be in my earholes right this instant.

Shunt McGuppin would be an excellent character to have on CBB.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

I haven't heard anything new Howard Kremer has done, but yeah, I kinda liked the stuff of his they played on old CDR too.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
What happened to Chip Pope by the way?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"I'm Not Paying $500 to Watch Douchebags Eat Turkey" is my favorite holiday song ever.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I ate too much I feel so sick, I wanna take a bite of your turkey drumstick

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

This is gonna get lost when people start talking about the new episode but I liked R.O. Manse's "Santa's Got A Big Dick"

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Didn't R.O. Manse do that Ladyboy song? Because that was pretty funny.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
There was an RO Manse track (maybe Santa?) that had a guest who sounded a lot like Aziz to my early comedy fan ears, but I'm sure I'd be embarrassed to hear who it actually was.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Piquai Souban posted:

There was an RO Manse track (maybe Santa?) that had a guest who sounded a lot like Aziz to my early comedy fan ears, but I'm sure I'd be embarrassed to hear who it actually was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj82mdng-ug

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
New episode features David Allen Grier, along with Lauren Lapkus as the woman who sang the America's Funniest Home Videos theme, and Joe Wengenrt as a guy who owns a frozen yogurt shop.

DAG (nickname for David Allen Grier) is pretty funny, I'm a big fan of his Loveline appearances. The two characters were ok, Lapkus and Wengert are funny but the characters didn't go anywhere besides their one initial joke. I did like Lauren just singing the theme again any time she couldn't think of anything to say though (only the first few lines though because she didn't know the rest).

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
I think DAG was a little weak, personally. I think it's hard to put into words but I didn't think his "yes, and" (I totally get this stuff guys) schtick was endearing, and I thought he had a tendency to kill a joke where it would usually keep going on. Here's Wengert's frozen yogurt bit (which I think is a very good one) without having to listen to CBB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vB8qr1IrPg

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
It seems like a petty complaint because it could be a lot worse at this time of year in particular, but I really didn't need the theme from America's Funniest Home Videos Stuck in my head for the entire day.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm listening now. When does DAG stop telling me about the internet?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 3, 2013

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think DAG brought down the ep a little but it was nice that he seemed to be a fan of the show and he got into it a lot more than first time guests usually do. He was interacting with the characters a lot and knew how to play WYR. It kinda bums me out a little when a guest immediately tells Scott their answer as soon as a WYR starts because then you know they've never listened to the podcast. Who Charted was similar too, you could tell if a guest had listened or not if they had no idea what was happening in chart darts/goose/roulette. (I think they usually explain it right off the bat now though)

Though now that I've typed it out I have no idea why it actually bothers me

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Man oh man that Lauren Lapkus character really hit the spot for me I just loved how much she would keep cracking up as soon as she started singing again. It felt like a very Paul Rust-y character appearance in some sense

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I loved Lapkus on today's show, especially when she tried to take over WYR and Scott had to remind her that he had all the answers and he was the host, and she lost it for like two minutes.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The funny things Lauren Lapkus do.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I don't think DAG stepped on anyones jokes at all. He was definitely very game. And jesus hearing Lapkus break had me dying. Also Joe Wengert describing his Mens yogurt shop having muscular studs made me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Yeah both of the characters were great. I kept thinking if Wengert raised his pitch just a little more and asked more inane questions, he could easily do a Huell Howser.