Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well, word on the street is that ASW's changes to Elizabeth made her pretty good. Good enough to freeze you and delete you.

I love these dumb little glitches. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

DarkstarIV posted:

Someone uploaded a video showing off some of the palettes for Yukari, Junpei, and Sho, along with their skills, and the IK attacks for Yukari and Junpei.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh5Zgqj9JgU

Junpei's IK is pretty crazy.

Sounds like they changed the IK music from "Fog" to "Time to Make History"... hope that gets reverted or the home version allows you to set which track you want for the IKs instead.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

W.T. Fits posted:

Sounds like they changed the IK music from "Fog" to "Time to Make History"... hope that gets reverted or the home version allows you to set which track you want for the IKs instead.

There are way more tracks in this game. From the videos I've seen so far, The Ultimate/Arena makes a return as one of the main themes, Master of Shadow, Master of Tartarus, Wipe All Out, Unavoidable Battle, I'll Face Myself, A New World Fool, and most of the Persona 4 dungeon themes. The only one I didn't hear was Heaven.

Also I think the arcade mode route is something like where you face the shadow characters if you are playing as a normal type, or vice versa.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Dec 1, 2013

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
Yukari and Junpei seem pretty.... one-note. I kind of expected that when they went all-in on the baseball thing with Junpei I guess.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Junpei's animations are so goofy. I love it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Utgardaloki posted:

Yukari and Junpei seem pretty.... one-note. I kind of expected that when they went all-in on the baseball thing with Junpei I guess.

Yukari's pretty much what I expected, there is only so much you can do with a bow-user in a fighting game and she's definitely no Hawkeye. Magarula looks pretty snazzy at the very least.

As for Junpei, well, he was never a magical powerhouse and Yu's a better sword-user, so he's gotta take what he can get.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

An image of the character select for P4A2 has popped up.

The mysterious unfilled slot turns out to be Simon Blackquill.

It appears that, like Shadow Labrys, Shadow Sho will be his own character.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Butt Ghost posted:

An image of the character select for P4A2 has popped up.

The mysterious unfilled slot turns out to be Simon Blackquill.

It appears that, like Shadow Labrys, Shadow Sho will be his own character.

Wouldn't there be one slot for Sho without a Persona, and one with a Persona?

Raefer
Mar 9, 2013

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Wouldn't there be one slot for Sho without a Persona, and one with a Persona?

That's exactly what it is.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

BlitzBlast posted:

Man, playable Adachi will be super awkward if the game gets dubbed.

I dunno, I could see it working, since it's probably crazy psycho-mode Adachi, who probably sounds different enough. I didn't watch the dubs of the anime, though, I don't know how it worked in practice.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Cleretic posted:

I dunno, I could see it working, since it's probably crazy psycho-mode Adachi, who probably sounds different enough. I didn't watch the dubs of the anime, though, I don't know how it worked in practice.

The Shin Megami Wiki actually has an entry for Adachi, who is said to be there on his own accord is claiming that he isn't the enemy of the Shadow Operatives or Investigation Team. This is along with the fact that he has business to take care of at the top of the new Tartarus (and the fact that he doesn't like Sho). So I guess he may be an ally?

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 2, 2013

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
So what's the deal with Sho exactly? Is he just some original character just for P4U2, does he tie into Persona 5 or the supposed Persona 4 Volume 2 rumor?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Adachi nooooo :(

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

alcharagia posted:

Adachi nooooo :(

Playable Lab, S.Lab and Elizabeth were all time unlocks for P4A arcade. Adachi is confirmed in, don't worry about it.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Mio Bison posted:

Playable Lab, S.Lab and Elizabeth were all time unlocks for P4A arcade. Adachi is confirmed in, don't worry about it.

Adachi yaaaaaaaay :)

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

dj_de posted:

So what's the deal with Sho exactly? Is he just some original character just for P4U2, does he tie into Persona 5 or the supposed Persona 4 Volume 2 rumor?
No one knows yet. He red aesthetic suggests he is related to P5, but that's hardly definitive. Also, P4 Vol2 is likely just volume 2 of the anime.

Mio Bison posted:

Adachi is confirmed to appear, but where did you read that he was playable? I haven't heard anything about that yet.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I love Junpei's batting fireballs schtick. It's so perfect for the character. I'm kinda meh on Yukari. Like I like that she's in the game and I'm more excited to see/hear her shadow's rant of anyone's, but mechanically she's just another projectile/blaster character like Aigis and Elizabeth.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Quoted from the SMT thread for relevance.

quote:

A link from Tumblr by someone who's played the arcade mode of P4A2 has been thrown around on /v/. It details what they've gather about Sho Minazuki.

Link'd for possible spoilers.

It sounds pretty interesting. I think Sho is definitely who we all think he is, and I think someone is pulling his strings.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
What do "we all think he is?"

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

flatluigi posted:

What do "we all think he is?"

Yeah, that's what I was going to ask. I know that it's pretty clear that SHO MINAZUKI is Nyarlathotep, but I don't know if that's who he's referring to. And if it isn't, then I have no idea who we all think Sho is.

But I really want to acknowledge and appreciate the fact that, apparently, they decided to use the Japanese equivalent of all-caps to differentiate their names (which I think is writing a Hirigana term in Katakana?). It doesn't really give away any distinct hints for people to read, and it's just so fun to run with it.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The Malevolent Entity is "who we all think he is."

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn-4V1azWbc&t=3713s

7500 dmg :staredog:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So, we finally have some PerSHOna gameplay footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIMPXC64hjo

Some pretty interesting stuff there, teleports, some of his persona attacks track, a command throw, and a fullscreen projectile super. Oh, and a counter super that does 2500 damage and turns the entire screen and Sho black. :stare:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://top-of-the-stairway-to-maturity.tumblr.com/tagged/P4U2-Spoilers

If you filter the above tumblr by that tag, you'll get all the information you'll ever need.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

S-Alpha posted:

So, we finally have some PerSHOna gameplay footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIMPXC64hjo

Some pretty interesting stuff there, teleports, some of his persona attacks track, a command throw, and a fullscreen projectile super. Oh, and a counter super that does 2500 damage and turns the entire screen and Sho black. :stare:

That super looks precise as hell though. It couldn't counter the regular attacks and it seemed they specifically needed Kanji's jump B for it to activate.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's possible the move has multiple versions like counters in other games, and each is for a specific type of attack. One counter super that counters high, one counter super that counters low?

Like Hakumen's drive in BlazBlue.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZFu-XVjR7w

So yeah this is a thing. I really hope they'll fix this before console release.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZFu-XVjR7w

So yeah this is a thing. I really hope they'll fix this before console release.

Supposedly, they said it was a glitch and were already in the process of fixing it.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

December 19th patch so they claim.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

http://imgur.com/a/r9qn6/layout/grid#11

Magazine scans of the Shadow forms' intro and victory poses.

Yes, you are seeing things correctly. Shadow Akihiko has become Mag-loving-Neto.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

AradoBalanga posted:

http://imgur.com/a/r9qn6/layout/grid#11

Magazine scans of the Shadow forms' intro and victory poses.

Yes, you are seeing things correctly. Shadow Akihiko has become Mag-loving-Neto.

I'm more concerned with Shadow Junpei's bear hat thing.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I still just love how Shadow Yu is ripped straight from the anime.

They're all just fake copies designed to obtain negative energy or something according to the latest news.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is interesting to see SEES' shadow selves, kind of amusing that Yukari's from the Love Hotel scene though.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Good to know Shadow Teddie is still loving terrifying.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Dehry posted:

It's an honestly really good design for the character, and gives meaning to some otherwise poitnless imagery from both the game and anime.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Butt Ghost posted:

Good to know Shadow Teddie is still loving terrifying.

Half of Shadow Teddie wins are going to be due to the opponent putting a bullet in their TV during that intro.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Dehry posted:

They're all just fake copies designed to obtain negative energy or something according to the latest news.

Wasn't that what they were in the vanilla game anyway? I thought that's pretty much what you were told in the P3 character's stories.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I just bought Arena on a sale. I don't care about the story or characters (quit P3 out of boredom and the P4 anime was pretty bad) but Arena being made by Arc Systems was enough to get me interested. Is there anything I should know before getting started?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Don Gato posted:

Wasn't that what they were in the vanilla game anyway? I thought that's pretty much what you were told in the P3 character's stories.

Before they were just Shadow Labrys taking their form. Now they are magical copies made by Malevolent Entity

Renoistic posted:

I just bought Arena on a sale. I don't care about the story or characters (quit P3 out of boredom and the P4 anime was pretty bad) but Arena being made by Arc Systems was enough to get me interested. Is there anything I should know before getting started?
Play arcade mode if you don't care about the Persona story. Story mode is just :words: if you aren't into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This game isn't really like a traditional ArcSys fighter, you get two dedicated attack buttons with your actual characters and two attack buttons for your persona. You also have to manage your Persona as if it gets broken you lose quite a few options in terms of special attacks and even super moves. Also, you might want to find a button combination your hands are comfortable with because there are several mechanics which require you to press two or more buttons at the same time and it could really be awkward to try and do some at key moments.

• Locked thread