Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I just flew a spaceship inside another spaceship while What Is Love was playing. I love that this game took SR3's ridiculousness and cranked it up to 11.

The best part? They brought back the British voice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

sitchelin posted:

I just flew a spaceship inside another spaceship while What Is Love was playing. I love that this game took SR3's ridiculousness and cranked it up to 11.

Did you press RB in time with the music to do the SNL head-bob?

What am I saying, of course you did.

Zaa Boogie posted:

So I just played the Enter the Dominatrix DLC. (Or ETD as Zinyak likes to call it)

That poo poo was *hilarious*. I'm totally stoked for the XMas DLC.

SR3: "My time in gaming was tough, but fair. I like to think SR4 based their presidency on my agenda."
SR4: "That didn't happen."

Also, who wants to place bets on if Dex shows up in this next DLC?

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

sitchelin posted:

I tried about 20 times to get through this part but because the game runs so bad on my computer it is literally impossible not to crash into the things at the end - like the speed with which they close in on you is based on your frame rate or some poo poo?

Other than that it's all still pretty fun, just wish I could find the clothes store where you buy the super-saints dlc costumes

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Grim posted:

I tried about 20 times to get through this part but because the game runs so bad on my computer it is literally impossible not to crash into the things at the end - like the speed with which they close in on you is based on your frame rate or some poo poo?

Other than that it's all still pretty fun, just wish I could find the clothes store where you buy the super-saints dlc costumes

Usually that stuff is available in your wardrobe, check there!

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Jesus H Christ, Saints Row 3 is surprisingly difficult. I'm playing on normal and have gotten smoked at least once or twice a mission. That Kanye West Power mission particularly wrecked me - I blame that godawful SMG I kept on trying to work with. Even the starting enemies take SO.MANY.BULLETS. to take down. I'm happy that headshots are more valuable now, but yeesh.

I switched to the starting shotgun and it was like discovering cheat mode - suddenly I'm wrecking enemies left and right.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

SlothBear posted:

Usually that stuff is available in your wardrobe, check there!

DLC clothes are in any store

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Also most of them are one piece so they'll be under "Suits."

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Grim posted:

Yeah, it is. Thankfully, someone modded the mission to remove the gates, at least, though that's hardly an ideal solution:

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/no-gates-in-the-real-world.4529/

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!
Let's get this shit started!

Wolfsheim posted:

When you say 'we' do you mean as a modder or as a Volition employee and this is realistically something we'd see officially available down the line?

As a console player, I can only hope :shobon:

I mean the first "we" as a Volition employee, and the following "we're" as a modder who is actually going to be releasing a mod to take advantage of it. To clarify, I have mission replay working right now as a mod with a test build of the executable. This is definitely something that is only for the PC version of SRIV and highly unlikely to ever happen on console.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Celestatiune posted:

Yeah, it is. Thankfully, someone modded the mission to remove the gates, at least, though that's hardly an ideal solution:

I hate to admit it, but I almost wish these were just cutscenes, or made far more simple because I'm an idiot when it comes to flying & the :hawaaaafap: factor of the mission is greatly diminished once you're on your fifth try because you keep slamming into things & instantly dying.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Celestatiune posted:

Thanks, I tried this but it didn't help enough to clear the level - it only slows them down, but they still fully close before the last set of gates :(

I don't know why I didn't check my wardrobe already, I'll get right on that after I make it through these drat gates...

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I was really wondering about the gameplay choice to not be able to jump while sprinting, but then I did some digging and realized my goddamn loving stupid Logitech illuminated keyboard doesn't support (specifically) the shift key, the spacebar, and a letter key used concurrently.

:argh:

Thankfully I just rebound my sprint key to <ctrl> and the crouch key to <shift> and it all works wonderfully now. The game is literally three times more fun to travel in now.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

sitchelin posted:

Brought back? It was never gone. And they didn't bring back the SR2 one, they just kept the inferior SR3 one.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Tiggum posted:

Brought back? It was never gone. And they didn't bring back the SR2 one, they just kept the inferior SR3 one.
How DARE you!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Tiggum posted:

OI do not diss Robin Atkin Downes you bastard. My Travis Touchdown boss will have a word with you.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

IdolNinja posted:

I mean the first "we" as a Volition employee, and the following "we're" as a modder who is actually going to be releasing a mod to take advantage of it. To clarify, I have mission replay working right now as a mod with a test build of the executable. This is definitely something that is only for the PC version of SRIV and highly unlikely to ever happen on console.

Awwwww yeah. Best news I've read in this thread since the release date announcement. I haven't replayed sr4 because the activities get tedious after a few times, let alone on a 3rd playthrough.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

I'm sorry you people can't appreciate the glory of the Boss being voiced by a literal real life Baron.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Just finished Enter the Dominatrix.
I wanna go bowling with a raptor :allears:

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Crappy Jack posted:

I'm sorry you people can't appreciate the glory of the Boss being voiced by a literal real life Baron.

I just like to think Mister Sheffield finally snapped after hearing Fran Drescher's voice for all those years. He also might've killed the cast of "Who's the Boss?" to prove a point, still haven't figured that out.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

oldskool posted:

I hate to admit it, but I almost wish these were just cutscenes, or made far more simple because I'm an idiot when it comes to flying & the :hawaaaafap: factor of the mission is greatly diminished once you're on your fifth try because you keep slamming into things & instantly dying.

Absolutely loved playing through the game but I definitely agree with this. As much as I enjoyed hearing the Boss bark out "Quiet! This is Haddaway.", I found myself understanding why so many games just have what are essentially guided semi-interactive cutscenes (i.e. talky bits in Gears of War).

I mean the jokes were still funny the upteenth time but my immersion:qq:

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Someone please tell me that there are more Boss/Pierce duets. I had to pause the game because I absolutely lost it when Zinyak started singing along too.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I still can't get past this spaceship mission, plus none of the DLC clothing is anywhere to be found in game - I'm re-downloading SR4 now, hopefully it can fix that problem at least

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

DLC stuff doesn't appear till you get access to your wardrobe and garage.

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

Grim posted:

I still can't get past this spaceship mission, plus none of the DLC clothing is anywhere to be found in game - I'm re-downloading SR4 now, hopefully it can fix that problem at least

Is that the one where the doors are closing in front of your ship?
If so, try changing the resolution (I had to set it to 800x600 to get past that part).

Edit: grammar.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Differo Cathedra posted:

Absolutely loved playing through the game but I definitely agree with this. As much as I enjoyed hearing the Boss bark out "Quiet! This is Haddaway.", I found myself understanding why so many games just have what are essentially guided semi-interactive cutscenes (i.e. talky bits in Gears of War).

I mean the jokes were still funny the upteenth time but my immersion:qq:

I had this problem towards the end of the game right after you find the power armor; it did take a bit of the fun out of it, because I wound up having to try five or six times. I play these games on "Casual" because I'm terrible, and they failed to take that into account. :colbert:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I got the Enter the Dominatrix pack along with other DLC in the steam sale. When in the game can I access this content?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Spikeguy posted:

I got the Enter the Dominatrix pack along with other DLC in the steam sale. When in the game can I access this content?

Probably the same time as the other DLC stuff, when you get access to your wardrobe and garage with the first gateway.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

This is the buggiest game I've played in forever on PC but when it's working it's pretty drat fun.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

SheepNameKiller posted:

This is the buggiest game I've played in forever on PC but when it's working it's pretty drat fun.

I see someone hasn't played a Bethedusa game. Saint's Row 4 did have some small issues when I played it, notably the door sequence and the generator sequence.

I just bumped down my resolution for those scenes.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

I had this problem towards the end of the game right after you find the power armor; it did take a bit of the fun out of it, because I wound up having to try five or six times. I play these games on "Casual" because I'm terrible, and they failed to take that into account. :colbert:

The problem with that end section is they take away the health drops that you get while inside the simulation, so sure you've got superpowers but you're way more fragile than you should be while wearing power armour. It should just give you SR3 speed health regeneration for that section so you don't have to sit at the bottom for like half a minute to heal up.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It should just give you SR3 speed health regeneration for that section

It does. Health regen in all real-world sections works the same as in SR3.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I just bought SR4 on Amazon for $15 and I'm wondering if there are any "must-have" DLCs beyond the Season Pass. I'm assuming I should grab the Commander-In-Chief pack and the Dubstep gun, but should I be picking up anything else?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

And you thought the thread that believes that Volition deserves all of your money was the right thread to ask?

... Yeah, the Season Pass will be enough, at least until the fluff DLC gets a deeper discount in the spring Steam Sale or something. (Also Gat V was fun, but that was also free back when GTA V came out and isn't now.)

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Sorry, I haven't kept up with this thread. I just got a pop-up for this DLC.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/247302/
I hadn't heard about this and I'm a fan of "Hey Ash Whatcha Playin'" so this is pretty rad for me.
Does it have custom voice clips or is it just characters that look like the Burch family?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
They're homies so they should have voice clips.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Sorry, I haven't kept up with this thread. I just got a pop-up for this DLC.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/247302/
I hadn't heard about this and I'm a fan of "Hey Ash Whatcha Playin'" so this is pretty rad for me.
Does it have custom voice clips or is it just characters that look like the Burch family?

Who are these people?

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

SheepNameKiller posted:

Wow, really? I played the entire way through without a single hiccup in the gameplay. Compared to Skyrim when it came out, SR4 ran like a dream on my computer. I don't know that I ever even noticed a slowdown in framerate anywhere, and my system is not exactly top end or anything.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Tiggum posted:

Who are these people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioIPlrr-6Zk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsiNsdqSits

Fans. Albeit fans with a pretty popular webshow.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Well, Anthony Burch is also the lead writer for Borderlands 2. Ash voiced Tiny Tina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I was playing COOP last night with a friend, now with the same friend I'm getting an error about the session no longer existing and being returned to the title screen. Any way solutions?

• Locked thread