Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
So current standings on the star road roster, ranked in order of winner to loser:

The following 16 are in
king of all cosmos (46)
travis touchdown (25)
edgeworth (22)
megaman x (20)
frog (19)
pepsiman (19)
scrooge mcduck (19)
chop chop master onion (17)
terry bogard (16)
lechuck (16)
geese howard (16)
prof oak (15)
illidan stormrage (15)
strong bad (15)
raziel (12)
guybrush (10)

And these 9 are out
sigma (8)
johnny cage (8)
homestar runner (6)
dirk the daring (5)
trip (5)
thrall (5)
serge (4)
magus (4)
arthur (2)

So if you're a Homestar Runner fan and haven't voted yet, get in there and represent. There's still plenty if time for the rankings to change, although at this point the only ones who are likely to be affected are the ones either side of the boundary between winner and loser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazmat Sam
Dec 25, 2010

The dead do not "get high"
My favorites are Scrooge and Arthur, so my votes were doubly useless. :downs:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

My concern is about this format is that if he wins a 16-man KotR, the winner is going to be pretty good. Probably top-tier. Adding a mostly random top-tier could be interesting, but it could end up Barkley-ing, where he just walks in, isn't very interesting, and wins everything.

I'm looking at you Illidan and Raziel.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

I wonder if Bazza will add more than one based on how over some of them get. King of Carlos is already so fuckin' over that it's amazing he hasn't entered VGCW already

He wouldn't even be hard to write for, just add a record scratch sound when he talks and get him to say complete nonsensical things that just barely relate to the topic at hand

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Shame there aren't many easy links to look up the CAWs in those threads. Voted sigma and Homestar to get more names I actually know into the t16

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Policenaut posted:

And I actually made a Kazuma Kiryu CAW but I'm still unsure about submitting him. I based him on Yakuza 5 so like all of his moves are punches, elbows, kicks, and headbutts.

Yo I'm going to be getting the game for the PS3 soon and am going to do a mixed universe of actual roster and some japanese wrestledudes and fictional characters, Kiryu would work perfectly. Please upload him!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Blasmeister posted:

Shame there aren't many easy links to look up the CAWs in those threads. Voted sigma and Homestar to get more names I actually know into the t16

Someone on the forums rounded up most of them.

ThePutty posted:

I wonder if Bazza will add more than one based on how over some of them get. King of Carlos is already so fuckin' over that it's amazing he hasn't entered VGCW already

He wouldn't even be hard to write for, just add a record scratch sound when he talks and get him to say complete nonsensical things that just barely relate to the topic at hand

Yeah, I'm actually kind of surprised that Carlos is even valid for this thing. He's SNS's best and I figured he'd be the next SNST call-up. Whoever beats him is getting instant Dan heat.

Tonfa posted:

Yo I'm going to be getting the game for the PS3 soon and am going to do a mixed universe of actual roster and some japanese wrestledudes and fictional characters, Kiryu would work perfectly. Please upload him!

I wasn't really happy with his face but if/when I get around to re-tooling him I'll upload it.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Dec 3, 2013

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Wait wait wait what's all this Star Road talk? Some kind of vote for new characters?

And how come no one has made a Reyn or Hawlucha CAW?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

horriblePencilist posted:

Wait wait wait what's all this Star Road talk? Some kind of vote for new characters?

And how come no one has made a Reyn or Hawlucha CAW?

Star Road is a 16-man King of the Ring contest where fans submit their own CAWs and people vote to decide which ones will compete. The winner of the tournament will be inducted into VGCW proper. You can keep track of the voting here.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
So about that phantom limb glitch, is it possible to have only one missing arm or is there forced symmetry? Because if you can just remove a character's right arm and no one's made Baiken for WVGCW yet, that's a travesty.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I hope we get at least one wrestler with missing limbs just in case that bug ever gets fixed and Homestar Runner suddenly gets freaky man arms.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
The new WWE 14 DLC hits today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2x64CWc6RY

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Fandango vs the King of all Cosmos has to happen. The amount of flair, that amount of raw manliness in that match would make everyone go blind.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
drat, does anyone have an actual picture of the King of All Cosmos CAW? He's the main one I want to see and of course he was missing from that link posted earlier.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Equally important: the Rainmaker is in this DLC. Somebody needs it as their finisher.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

hamburgers in pockets posted:

drat, does anyone have an actual picture of the King of All Cosmos CAW? He's the main one I want to see and of course he was missing from that link posted earlier.

This was from '13, but close enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-_OLsfdPUs (1:10)

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Go RV! posted:

For those who havent seen it, this is a wonderful match.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Go RV! posted:

Holy poo poo. Why is this guy not already in VGCW?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Solomonic posted:

Equally important: the Rainmaker is in this DLC. Somebody needs it as their finisher.

This is true.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Go RV! posted:

I'm gonna be really bummed out if King of Cosmos doesn't win Star Road, but at the same time I really want Edgeworth to get in VGCW so he can snap Phoenix out of it and form the greatest tag team.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Pyrovile posted:

I'm gonna be really bummed out if King of Cosmos doesn't win Star Road, but at the same time I really want Edgeworth to get in VGCW so he can snap Phoenix out of it and form the greatest tag team.

Bazza needs to play AA5. All the character arcs fit wonderfully into the insanity of VGCW.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm personally torn between the absolutely perfect King of Carlos and either Homestar or Strong Bad providing infinite chat fodder.

I really hope at the very least one of the two gets into the tourney. I don't care if they win, I just want to see them fight. Same with Trip.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Strong Bad's going to make it in by the skin of his teeth at this rate, but Homestar's doomed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

nerdbot posted:

I really hope at the very least one of the two gets into the tourney. I don't care if they win, I just want to see them fight. Same with Trip.

I've just been thinking of how HR quotes can be applied to wrestling.

FLAGRANT SUBMISSION ERROR. MATCH OVER. JOBBER=VERY YES.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I've just been thinking of how HR quotes can be applied to wrestling.

FLAGRANT SUBMISSION ERROR. MATCH OVER. JOBBER=VERY YES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhC2Q1I-p-o&t=87s

His intro is really good.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
Well homestar's been slowly climbing the ranks, but he'd have to overtakes sigma, johnny cage and guybrush in order to get into the 16 winners.

Strong bad has also been climbing the ranks, but he's 13th from top so unless he drops 4 places he'll keep hold of his position in the competition

code:
winners:
king of all cosmos	54
travis touchdown	32
scrooge mcduck		26
lechuck			23
edgeworth		22
pepsiman		22
megaman x		22
chop chop master onion	21
frog			20
terry bogard		20
geese howard		20
prof oak		19
strong bad		19
raziel			17
illidan stormrage	15
guybrush		13

losers:
sigma			10
johnny cage		10
homestar runner		7
trip			6
magus			6
dirk the daring		5
thrall			5
serge			4
arthur			4

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I know it's really improbable but wow Donté would make an amazing character. Mexican wrestlers in the VGCW are underrepresented and he'd just bring so much on the table.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
He's already been in and fired from VGCW, man.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

flatluigi posted:

He's already been in and fired from VGCW, man.

That was Donte, I'm talking about Donté, complete with mustache and passionate flamenco guitars.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

horriblePencilist posted:

That was Donte, I'm talking about Donté, complete with mustache and passionate flamenco guitars.

This is peak Donté/Mexican Soap Opera May Cry

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Someone needs to make a CAW to go with this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Make this Bowser's entrance.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Holy hell all those CAWs are amazing and we need them in VGCW (minus Donte).

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I like Johnny Cage, but I'll be sad if Guybrush ends up bumped for anyone.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Archenteron posted:

This is peak Donté/Mexican Soap Opera May Cry

Every lore time with him is dramatic soap opera and he only speaks in Spanish. C'mon Bazza!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

DeathChicken posted:

I like Johnny Cage, but I'll be sad if Guybrush ends up bumped for anyone.

I hadn't used my vote yet, and since I'm in the same boat, I voted for both of them in hopes of dropping Illidan instead. In fact, he and Guybrush are tied now.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
And we're live!

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Live now Giddy Mao

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012