Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Trig Discipline posted:

...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Diarrhea
wow. pro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

how the gently caress do you agree

pretty sure 23andme has a ton of disclaimers saying "this is just our tests dont go chopping off parts of your body without consulting a doctor"

that's not how they advertise it though. they advertise it as a medical tool

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

saw a spat-out snus packet in the parking lot here. that's what happens when you ban smoking on the property

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

tbf tho a couple of snus packets vs cigarette butts everywhere, hmmmm

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Honked posted:

it blows my loving mind that cigarettes are still a thing

if you smoked youd know why

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
stay at home smoker finds one "weird" trick to make himself look like a total tool

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Dr. Honked posted:

it blows my loving mind that cigarettes are still a thing

go to france. everyone smokes. literally every single person.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Sweevo posted:

go to china. everyone smokes. literally every single person.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ahmeni posted:

yeeeeeah

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
please stop

i miss smoking so much god dammit

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

Sweevo posted:

go to china. everyone smokes. literally every single person.

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

hubris.height posted:

please stop

e: i suck

shitface fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 3, 2013

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

ahmeni posted:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i know i should quit but i dont want to for some reason

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

serewit posted:

same but yospos instead of cigs

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

serewit posted:

Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.

- Mark Twain

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

hubris.height posted:

please stop

i quit sixteen years ago and i still want a cigarette at least a couple of times a week

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i never smoked to begin with because i'm not retarded

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

serewit posted:

yeah, exactly. i know i should quit but i don't want to and if i don't want to i won't

e:

Sweevo posted:

i never smoked to begin with because i'm not retarded

i certainly won't defend smoking as not retarded but we're all yosposter so let's not be throwing stones about life decisions

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
smoking is cool and everyone should do it

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

syscall girl posted:

smoking is cool and everyone should do it
              /

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

ahmeni posted:

ive always wanted a system for bars and restaurants where you get to lock your phone away while it charges but im not a spergineer so i know you cant solve social problems with hardware

goddamnedtwisto posted:

there's a company that sells mobile phone charging lockers, you see them dotted around shopping centres and stuff - but nobody is ever going to lock their phone away in a bar because what else can you do if there's even the tiniest lapse in conversation but incessantly scroll through old emails trying to make it look to everyone else in your group that you have some sort of social life even though none of them are noticing it because they're doing the exact same loving thing?

i have seen charging stations in bars a few time, but they never have lockers.... you're expected to just plug in your $600 smartphone and i guess stand right next to the station so nobody steals the most-easily-fenced thing

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
I'm going to try e-cigs again after the new year.

I keep one around to puff on at work that's loaded with a mix of cig/rose liquid that gets the urges off.

Everytime I really try to quit though there is a big push where I work to making smoking a fireable offense, and it just pisses me off.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

enotnert posted:

e-cigs again

is it like sucking a robot's dick or more like sucking on an exhaust pipe?

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
For what its worth i smoked since i was prob 13 years old. i switched to the v2 cigs and yes they really do work. up until now i only tried the ecigs from liquor stores and they were no good. i havent had a regular cig in about three weeks. i have no desire to buy or smoke regular cigarettes.

i have also gotten drunk and stoned plenty of times since switching and the fake cigs hold up. So they pass the weekend test too. They are kinda embarrassing tho for some reason and i dont stand around and smoke in front of people.

im refering to the ones that resemble regular cigarettes. Not those huge clear devices that make a big deal about liquids and flavors...

56k fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Dec 3, 2013

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
I got an ecig since gently caress the additional $1/pack they added on this year. hits like a freight train at least, and I've only had two packs of the real thing since september after being at like 3/4 a pack a day.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
male smoking rate

lil' afghanistan that could

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

coffeetable posted:

male smoking rate

lil' afghanistan that could

nobody smokes in ethiopia? weird

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

prefect posted:

they chew khat instead.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

prefect posted:

or lesotho swaziland, gently caress my geography's bad this morning :negative:

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Dec 3, 2013

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Sham bam bamina! posted:

they don't have data for the grey countries, dickmunch

lol @ this guy who doesn't know where a country of 90 million people is

e: nice edit

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

coffeetable posted:

lol @ this guy who doesn't know where a country of 90 million people is
i somehow mixed it up with djibouti for a second, quite the embarrassing fail i have to admit :o:

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

56k posted:

im refering to the ones that resemble regular cigarettes. Not those huge clear devices that make a big deal about liquids and flavors...

yeah, i've never had luck with normal 510 batteries, evidently your mileage was better than mine.

Also, I do the liquids mostly cause of the cost, and I've been working on a flavor as close to my normal cigarettes as possible with the help of our local vapor shop.

I have the rose around work, simply cause if people come in I can tell them the "e-cig" is an "air freshener"

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

get you a fat ego battery and a decent tank, only use it when you are out of sight of other people, as far as anybody else knows, you've quit smoking. that's the proper way to ecig

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
constantly cosplay as a ghostbusters guy. keep your batteries and you ecig fluid in your proton pack. when no-one's looking, take a huge bong rip from the hose

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
please dont ruin my next halloween costume

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Dr. Honked posted:

constantly cosplay as a ghostbusters guy. keep your batteries and you ecig fluid in your proton pack. when no-one's looking, take a huge bong rip from the hose

call your dealer "the keymaster" but don't cross the streams

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

Trig Discipline posted:

...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Diarrhea

page late but this insanely good reference needs to be quoted

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1315303049/the-full-steam-project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

The idea to put together a plus sized Steampunk calendar really was just one of those silly ideas you blurt out in a crowded room

• Locked thread