Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Belgarath
Feb 21, 2003
Job Seeker: Software Engineer

Looking for additional freelance work to supplement my day job.

Skills: C#, WPF, Java, Delphi, SQL, XML, web stuff. I learn pretty quick.
Things you like to do: Desktop/Web backend stuff in C#.net (I couldn't graphic design a box)
Experience: 7 years professional development

Belgarath fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Skills: C# (LINQ, WCF, WPF, ASP.Net MVC), python, php, SQL (w/ a much deeper knowledge of MSSQL specifically), Web Dev, hobbyist level MongoDB
Things you like to do: Anything a business needs to operate, but really enjoy backend development (I helped architect and engineer an e-retailer's whole backend, from payment processing to warehouse operations. 2k orders a day, 20k a day during Christmas peak)
Experience: 6 years as a developer, 3 years of that as the manager of my team
Availability: Currently employeed, but interested in anyone who's interested in me. Fulltime, 2 weeks notice

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 30, 2013

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
We're hiring!

Who we are: A successful, cashflow-positive startup that's been around over 4 years and growing like mad.
What we do: We're in the healthcare industry, exploring a new sort of market with an IT-heavy approach to benefit employers and employees both in terms of individual/aggregate health profiles and giving them better analytics on their insurance & claims costs.
What we're like: We're very small team with very strong rapport built among each other. We're distributed with a lot of people working in different locations, but our largest is here in mesa where nearly all development and IT stuff takes place. Generally you make your own hours as long as you keep up with communication and urgent requests that come in (not a large issue, except sometimes for the 1st position listed below). Super relaxed environment. Very nice workstations with a friendly, accommodating CTO who will get us whatever we need to be comfortable and productive.
What we need: Two full time positions:

1) IT Operations Manager (less technical, but still technical)

Skills you possess:

• Comfortable knowledge of relational databases. Understanding of relatively simple data-draw SQL queries (select with a few joins), or if not syntax then at least how to manipulate and interpret reporting tools. You're the one assisting account managers translate what we have in the database into a specific report, rolled up number, or spreadsheet that is delivered to the client (when such reports are requested off the cuff and don't exist within our standard fare of automated reports).
  • Strong communication and correspondence skills. Typically you won't have too much exposure to clients but often a response to a client will be waiting on you.
  • Strong organizational skills and workflow management. We have tools for ticketing and project management which will help immensely but nonetheless you'll have to effectively manage your time so that eg. you'll know the degree of confidence you can say yes or no to committing to some new request and its proposed timeline.
  • Documentation and creating/deconstructing a processes to find weaknesses and coming up with improvements.
  • Familiarity with code (php in particular) is a big plus.
  • Strong ability with excel manipulation, knowing how to import/export a CSV, etc.

Things you will do:

• work with customer service reps and account managers to facilitate anything needed out of IT for day to day, week to week operations
  • Work with account managers (and sometimes directly with clients) to decide on contract specs, interpret their requirements into what we can offer, etc
  • Provide custom reporting requests and oversee automated reporting to ensure all goes smoothly
  • Do some prep work for new clients, be present for new client launches, assist account managers with email campaigns
  • Process census files from clients. There is a tool that does all the heavy lifting but this always will require a keen human element since it's accepting sensitive data from 3rd parties who don't always have their act together
  • A number of daily maintenance activities that come up in the normal course of things. Sometimes the lab work company send us corrupted or obviously-manually-manipulated data that can't be processed automatically
  • Process Improvement. Identify what could be factored out of your workload via smarter ways of handing off tasks, some new code to automate something, etc. Work with developers and others to produce a spec, etc.

Basically you are a technically literate operations manager. If you are a tech person who wants to gain experience into the business side of things or a business person who wants to gain experience into the technical side of things, this position is a management-level bridge for that.

2) Software Developer (entry level thru senior)

Skills you possess:

• PHP experience is preferred, but really any sort of background can fit. This is where I give the standard spiel about the language not mattering as much as the affinity of the developer to adapt and so on.
  • Ability to learn/follow HIPAA compliance, no matter how annoying it is. As well as SASS/SOX and a bunch of other standards that we are beholden to. You have access to personal info and medical data for many many people so you have to learn and play by the rules or we all get burned. A lot of this is already handled systemically, we have processes for testing/deploying and signoffs, so as a developer this mostly boils do don't do anything stupid, no cowboy poo poo, no developing on production, don't take copies of the database off site and so on. We have to give you enough access to technically be able to do these things, but you've got to have the self discipline even though as a culture we're small, fast and loose with a lot of other stuff. It's common sense I know but it's also complete zero tolerance.
  • LAMP stack familiarity is a giant plus. Working with Zend's platform is even better because that's us.
  • SVN, if you are familiar with git that's great as we would like to move to git eventually but for right now we're in the cutting edge of 2004 when it comes to version control
  • Query skills, basic query optimization, and the ability to create/debug large and intricate queries when the need arises.

Things you will work on:
  • A zend-framework backend application, a backbone.js frontend application, and a MySQL/galera db cluster (we have a DBA so you won't have to have much exposure to the underbelly of all that).
  • The app has a user portal, admin portal and client (employer) portal, with active development especially in the latter two
  • Freely weigh in on new features, implementation approaches, and so on. We want people who can move beyond just executing task lists and will make that sort of growth available
  • A small team of 3-4 developers with me as your leader and firewall to parse requests and requirements coming in from the company and clients.

Contact me through pms, here or email matt.cordes at gmail

Bhaal fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 6, 2013

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I'm paying for someone to help me get through some time-consuming front-end bug fixes on a side project of mine. I'm not asking for entirely new features, I'm asking for whack-a-mole bug fixing time.

Gig Term: Very short term front-end webdev tasks (< 20 hours if you're qualified I'd guess - I'm paying for results, not $ / hr). If you want some extra cash and do front-end stuff for fun after your day job of front-end BS, keep reading.

$$$: $500 - $1500 USD is what I'm expecting. Faster is better because code maintainability went out the window and I fully expect to rewrite it or chuck it out the window.

Tasks: Bug fixes and possibly cosmetic improvements to a custom scrolling AJAX-based web form. If you know stupid div visibility, float, negative margins, and scrolling tricks galore, this will probably be an easy grand for you.

You are: a HTML, CSS, DOM, Javascript proficient developer or are willing to slog the hours to Get It Done. Ideally you'd have done some work in Django but beyond a Postgres install and running pip install virtualenv && source bin/activate && pip install -r requirements.txt && ./manage.py runserver and where to configure the asset pipeline you shouldn't need much more help. For frontend libraries, I run with the scissors known as JQuery and Bootstrap and have Underscore and Backbone in as well. I happen to have setup Django Pipeline so you can use Coffeescript, SASS, LESS, whatever else to get this done.

I'll provide: git repo access (it's on bitbucket), some guidance on where to start debugging, and the lifetime exclusive right to make fun of me on the Internet for terrible code.

Interested parties should send me an e-mail at djk29a åt gmail döt cøm or just PM me here. I'll send you a link to the page/pages that need fixing, description of the desired behavior, and you can give me an initial estimate based upon the HTML, CSS, and minified JS and get one more chance to adjust after you see the actual JS. You know my budget, and if you read my forum history you know I'm not going to rip you off.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
My mother is starting an online bookstore (selling real books) and she needs some advice about SEO / meta tags to get her indexed by the major engines. I told her to expect $40+/hr for a good dev/expert. If you're interested in this one-off gig then contact me on tristan.j.mcnab at google mail and I can put y'all in touch.

a lovely poster
Aug 5, 2011

by Pipski

Huragok posted:

I told her to expect $40+/hr for a good dev/expert.

Try double that

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
The problem with SEO is all the real experts are going to be at least $150/hour and their work will be subject to the perpetual arms race that is search engines vs SEO experts, meaning you'll see very little return on that investment unless it's an ongoing thing you're doing.

My advice for a small business would be to certainly make sure your site is crawlable by search spiders but don't waste money on SEO voodoo.

wwb
Aug 17, 2004

To add to that she is better off tweeting real stuff about the books she is writing and such. Real backlinks work, everything else is snake oil at best.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Job Seeker: Software Developer

Languages: Ruby on Rails, PHP, C++, C#, AS3 (anything object oriented). I'd like to get into iOS and Android Development. Android is easy (free) to get into, iOS requires a bit more of a push (a paying project that utilizes it)
Frameworks: Rails, .net, Box2d, Ape, Unity, DirectX, XNA
Things you like to do: Web applications, Games, desktop apps. Whatever
Availability: Looking for part time remote work or full-time in warm places (or remote).

I have a Ruby on Rails app at http://marquee.liquid-software.com and my regular blog is at http://liquid-software.com/blog

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Location: Portland, OR. Willing to move to anywhere nice along the west coast if relocation assistance is offered.

Skills: C#, ASP.Net MVC, JavaScript, Java in school, Ruby for fun.

Things you like to do: Engineer up cool things with smart good people. I'm more into back-end than front but full stack is cool.

Experience: Been a full stack C# MVC web app dev for 2 years or so.

Availability: Currently employed so 2 weeks, a little longer than that if I have to move of course.

Contact: I have PMs, otherwise divallmr at the G-style mail.

Kamikaze Scotsman
Dec 14, 2013

Looking for small projects to keep me busy outside of my job. Mainly for experience.

Skills: I work professionally on a Tomcat server, mostly in javascript and java. I also know C, C++, Objective-C, and some Perl, C# and python. Anything is fine though; I'm a fast learner.

Things you like to do: I like backend stuff. I prefer to work in C++ or Objective-C.

Experience: Fresh out of college with a few months of professional web-app development.

Availability: Anytime after 5:00pm. Remote unless within a reasonable distance from my location.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
We're hiring a web developer. We're a full service ad agency in Ridgeland, MS.

I'm not in charge of making any decisions with this position (I'm an animator), nor did I write the description or anything! I only say that because someone made fun of the last one that was I posted (that I didn't write either) :D.

http://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/...Pcmpt%3Aprimary

quote:

Requirements/Qualifications:

4+ years experience in website/application design and development
Desire for staying up-to-date with the latest best practices
Passion to experiment with new development techniques
Ability to prioritize time across dozens of active projects to meet deadlines
Strong Frontend HTML/JS/CSS skills
Knowledge of Responsive Web Design techniques
Experience with HTML frontend frameworks
Experience with AJAX and XML
LAMP stack proficiency
Linux administration
Experience working with, extending, and integrating Content Management Systems (predominantly Wordpress)
Experience with version control systems (Git preferred)
Self-motivated problem solver

Nice to Haves:
Experience with E-Commerce SAAS (such as Shopify or Magento)
Windows server management
Experience with asp.net
Javascript frameworks (such as backbone.js or angular)
Mobile application development
Experience integrating with APIs
HTML5 Canvas development
Photoshop skills
Client interaction skills

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011
Languages: C, C++, C#, Python, JavaScript/HTML5, ASP.NET, JSP, SQL
Things you like to do: I'm open to anything, but more partial to back end stuff

This may be kind of a long shot, but I'm starting to look for a co-op position for the next term. Looking anywhere in the Waterloo/Cambridge/Burlington/Toronto area starting in May for either 8 or 16 months (or 8 months starting next January if you really like planning ahead, I guess).

Evidently, I'm still a student so I'm not anywhere near an expert in anything yet, but I have a good working knowledge of windows, linux, and QNX if RTOS is your thing. I'm decently good at low level/embedded stuff but would probably be a bit more comfortable in a web/.NET shop if possible. If anyone has any possible openings or even just suggestions of companies that might, I'm all ears. I have a couple leads already but I figure you can never have too many applications out.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Skills: Python, SQL, C, Javascript, C++, the basics of Objective-C
Things you like to do: Web backend stuff, tying big databases and front-ends together, stuff like that
Experience: Fresh college graduate with nothing but personal web projects
Availability: Full time or remote

I've done some good-sized personal Django web projects for some games that have lots of users (450,000 unique users in 3 years) but that's about it. I just graduated and I'm having a hard time finding job listings around here that don't want like 10 years of Windows 7 or something like that. If anyone has any leads for Sarasota or the Tampa Bay area that would be great.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Skills: Python, SQL, C, Javascript, C++, the basics of Objective-C
Things you like to do: Web backend stuff, tying big databases and front-ends together, stuff like that
Experience: Fresh college graduate with nothing but personal web projects
Availability: Full time or remote

I've done some good-sized personal Django web projects for some games that have lots of users (450,000 unique users in 3 years) but that's about it. I just graduated and I'm having a hard time finding job listings around here that don't want like 10 years of Windows 7 or something like that. If anyone has any leads for Sarasota or the Tampa Bay area that would be great.

I hate to break it to you, but Florida pretty much has nothing but .Net jobs.

slush
Jun 23, 2006
Thank you for calling....
Who We Are: We are a startup-ish consulting firm in Toronto.
What We Do: We do a little bit of everything. Right now we are working on an app that got quite a lot of buzz at CES.
What We Need: We are looking for a resource who is experienced with iOS. If you have C# or Xamarin.iOS experience even better!
Where We Are Located: Toronto, ON (Bloor/Dundas - Dundas West Station).

Interested? Wanna find out more? slushey@synirc.net or on IRC.

FlashBangBob
Jul 5, 2007

BLAM! Internet Found!
Who I Am: A operations admin/developer with an idea for a game.
What I'm doing: A small freelance project for the mobile platform.
What I can do: System administration, Linux automation, backend applications, database administration.
What I can't do (and what I'm looking for): iOS developer.
Why I need that person: While I have a background in .NET (C#), I'm not a designer. The objective-C world is really tough to wrap my head around.

What I need specifically: The game requires three simple (heh) areas: Front End (Application), Back End (server) and Database. I'm an expert in the backend and database side of the world, but when it comes to developing an application, I can't handle the front end. So unless people want to play a game from the command line, I need help.

If you are an iOS developer, want to freelance a small project, and want to work with a guy that has an idea that wants to come to live, email me at obliviam at gmail.com. I don't want to get into details about the game itself, because there's many aspects of it that are still up in the air. This invitation comes with absolutely no obligation and you can pass immediately if the game doesn't suit your taste.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
Location: Sacramento, CA, but I'd love to relocate (Seattle, Portland, SF, any interesting east coast cities. Canada!?!?).
Experience: I've been developing professionally for a TV production company. I'd like to work for a "real" tech company. I don't have any kind of degree.
Languages: Ruby, Obj-C. Okay with C, C++, Python, Java, Lua, Haskell, etc.
Frameworks: Rails, "Cocoa"
Things you like to do: Currently I'm the most experienced with web apps (and I enjoy that) but I'd also like to break into other fields.
Availability: I would work a few hours a day, but I'm looking for something full time.

More info on my resume. I can provide a real resume on contact.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
One of the advisers to the start-up I'm with is looking for a great Python developer for contract work. That's pretty much all of what I know about the position but if you're interested ping me at tristan@tech.pro and I can get you in touch.

whyte
Mar 2, 2001
Who We Are: A small, profitable development shop- wsra.com

What We Do: Mostly custom web-based entertainment apps, with some other boring stuff too.

What We Need: We're looking for a competent IOS (and Android?) dev who can deliver a polished, solid, but relatively simple app ready for, and published to the store. An ideal person would be an experienced dev looking for some low-stress after hours work with a flexible schedule, but if you can demonstrate ability and responsibility, no professional experience is OK.

Where We Are Located: Central Florida. You can work from anywhere so long as you can send us code, and we can send you money, and its legal for you to do so.

Details:

This is a paid, contracted, legit gig. Terms and rates are negotiable, and will be agreed upon to both parties satisfaction before anything happens, and should be a win-win for both of us. We have considered doing this in house, as we have a lot of Android experience and some IOS, but frankly, our plate is full and it makes more sense to farm it out. I'd also really like to build a relationship with someone we could rely on moving forward, and would be excited to work on this.

One of our most popular products is a web-based application. We'd like to have an app-store "version" which interfaces with the web-based version via a simple protocol, and incorporates tasteful ad display for revenue generation. The app would essentially be a native interface for the web application, sending configuration and requests to the web site, then displaying the results. Very little logic would be done on the app itself, short of interpreting the responses and displaying the data.

For example, think of an app that queries a forum site for posts, then collects the post data and displays it in a native format inside the app. Then, based on a limited choice of input from the user, passes the request back to the server, gets the response, and then repeats the process. Like a glorified thin client app.

It's really pretty simple, but would need to be polished for our demographic. Creative assets are available, since branding will mirror the existing site. We're open to input on GUI and functionality, or we can provide turn-key PSD's for interfaces.

If you could do an Android version as well, that would be even better.

Also, if this does as well as we think, it could be an on-going source of extra-revenue with super flexible timelines. We'd also be open to providing additional incentives to a long term developer, to share in the success.

If you are seriously interested, please contact me at webmaster A T wsra DOT com and we'll provide you with the details.

I always go to SA for my contractors first, so don't let me down, good Goons!

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Linking to my previous post in this thread

I will however update that posting by saying that we now have over 250,000 paying orgs, not the 150k mentioned in that posting from just 10 months ago, that's what our growth curve is like.

LOOK AT OUR loving JOBS LIST JUST FOR DEVELOPERS

You can click the actual ad's here: https://www.xero.com/careers

We're also looking for QAs in San Fran and New York

We're on a big hiring binge, we're cashed up massively (most recently from a $150 million capital raising a few months ago) and our customers love our product.

We're a .net C# shop, but experience in any language is appreciated.

:getin:

Please PM or email me at my username at hotmail.com before applying, our referral bonus is pretty sweet. Also note that we're unlikely to relocate you ourselves. edit: This may not necessarily be true, we have no official relocation policy, but we'd consider it if you were the best fit, negotiate!

NZAmoeba fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 14, 2014

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011
Open an office in :canada: you fools!

genki
Nov 12, 2003

NZAmoeba posted:

I will however update that posting by saying that we now have over 250,000 paying orgs, not the 150k mentioned in that posting from just 10 months ago, that's what our growth curve is like.

We're on a big hiring binge, we're cashed up massively (most recently from a $150 million capital raising a few months ago) and our customers love our product.

Please PM or email me at my username at hotmail.com before applying, our referral bonus is pretty sweet. Also note that we're unlikely to relocate you ourselves.
Wait, wait. I'm a bit confused by your last sentence. Are you saying you have shitloads of openings for software developers and you have a lot of cash but you won't be paying for relocation? So basically anyone applying to any of those jobs has to be local to the position they want, or willing to pay to relocate themselves? Or do you mean something else when you say 'unlikely to relocate you ourselves'?

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

genki posted:

Wait, wait. I'm a bit confused by your last sentence. Are you saying you have shitloads of openings for software developers and you have a lot of cash but you won't be paying for relocation? So basically anyone applying to any of those jobs has to be local to the position they want, or willing to pay to relocate themselves? Or do you mean something else when you say 'unlikely to relocate you ourselves'?

Yeah, everything I've seen and asked about has been local only (or self-relocation), exceptions would probably only be made for someone who was truly amazing. :shrug:

Jewel
May 2, 2009

NZAmoeba posted:

Yeah, everything I've seen and asked about has been local only (or self-relocation), exceptions would probably only be made for someone who was truly amazing. :shrug:

"We have a bunch of money but no we won't pay to fly you over" thanks for flaunting it I guess?

Some people like me live in Australia and where most big jobs will pay for relocation, they get instant priority. The less experienced devs might go for the ones without relocation because they're desperate, but the really experienced devs would lean towards the ones that do pay for it, I'd assume.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Jewel posted:

"We have a bunch of money but no we won't pay to fly you over" thanks for flaunting it I guess?

Some people like me live in Australia and where most big jobs will pay for relocation, they get instant priority. The less experienced devs might go for the ones without relocation because they're desperate, but the really experienced devs would lean towards the ones that do pay for it, I'd assume.

I was considering applying for a job at that company, but welp. The whole "Man we have a ton of money and an assload of open positions but we sure aren't going to go out of our way to get people here to fill them!" thing struck me as pretty odd, too.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Che Delilas posted:

I was considering applying for a job at that company, but welp. The whole "Man we have a ton of money and an assload of open positions but we sure aren't going to go out of our way to get people here to fill them!" thing struck me as pretty odd, too.

Relocation is usually a pretty easy bargaining point after you've passed the interview. You'd probably have to adjust down your negotiation rate though. I would probably start my counter ~5% higher than normal and walk down to relo.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Not paying for relocation is stupid and shortsighted.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Cicero posted:

Not paying for relocation is stupid and shortsighted.

Yeah it's not that alone that makes me twitch, it's what it says about the company. If they nickel-and-dime like that when they're trying to attract new people, what kind of garbage do they pull once people have been there a while? In what kind of other ways are they short-sighted? It sets off little alarm bells in my head, especially after my last job which was rife with ridiculous penny-wise, pound-foolish policies.

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

quote:

Yeah it's not that alone that makes me twitch, it's what it says about the company. If they nickel-and-dime like that when they're trying to attract new people, what kind of garbage do they pull once people have been there a while? In what kind of other ways are they short-sighted? It sets off little alarm bells in my head, especially after my last job which was rife with ridiculous penny-wise, pound-foolish policies.

I don't know that it's all that big of an indicator of their decision making - probably just a symptom of fast growth. When you're a small company, you tend to hire local. We certainly did - it's only recently that we've put more effort into bringing people in from further afield; our most recent hire is also the first guy we paid relocation for (that I can think of, anyway).

Lots of stuff changes as you grow, and it sounds like these guys are growing fast. To me, their situation looks like a pretty good time to get in.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
So I asked HR what the current policy is exactly. They say they don't outright advertise it, but they do consider it on a case by case basis assuming they have a candidate that would otherwise be the best fit. There's just no formal package for it.

So basically include it in your negotiation and don't say that I told you anything :ninja:

edit: ^^^ yeah we're growing pretty fast, I just recently celebrated my 2 year anniversary, I was hired on as employ #180~ and we're over 600 today.

NZAmoeba fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 14, 2014

rsjr
Nov 2, 2002

yay for protoss being so simple that retards can win with it

NZAmoeba posted:

So I asked HR what the current policy is exactly. They say they don't outright advertise it, but they do consider it on a case by case basis assuming they have a candidate that would otherwise be the best fit. There's just no formal package for it.

So basically include it in your negotiation and don't say that I told you anything :ninja:

edit: ^^^ yeah we're growing pretty fast, I just recently celebrated my 2 year anniversary, I was hired on as employ #180~ and we're over 600 today.

Considering all the other costs associated with hiring a software engineer and you guys haggle over a one time ~10k USD? That's very odd for a company that size with worldwide offices.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

NZAmoeba posted:

Oh, that's totally different then. Objection withdrawn!

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

whyte posted:

Who We Are: A small, profitable development shop- wsra.com

What We Do: Mostly custom web-based entertainment apps, with some other boring stuff too.

What We Need: We're looking for a competent IOS (and Android?) dev who can deliver a polished, solid, but relatively simple app ready for, and published to the store. An ideal person would be an experienced dev looking for some low-stress after hours work with a flexible schedule, but if you can demonstrate ability and responsibility, no professional experience is OK.

Sent you an email.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
Coworker's brother is looking for a Djangonista for his ~start-up~:

quote:

Web Developer - Full Time

A web developer is responsible for the layout and coding of Dewsly.com. They are involved with the technical aspects of Dewsly.com - how the site works and how it feels. They are also involved with the maintenance and updating of current functionality.

A web developer will:
- write the code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website software and graphics packages to meet business requirements
- test the website and identify any technical problems

A web developer should:
- have skills in software programming (Python is a plus) and basic graphics
- have creativity and imagination
- be adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
- have good interpersonal and communication skills
- keep up to date with advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment

It is important to be interested in:
- keeping up to date with advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
- the internet
- troubleshooting and problem solving.
More Info Here

Moreleth
Jun 11, 2001

lego my eggo
I need one of these:

· BS or MS in Computer Science
· 7+ years of software development experience, with a focus on web UI development
· Strong experience with Object-oriented programming in JavaScript
· Proficiency with the DOM and the JavaScript asynchronous event-programming model
· Extensive experience using modern MVC web application frameworks such as Django or RoR
· Experience with legacy web application frameworks such as Struts
· Experience with JavaScript toolkits like Sencha, jQuery, or Dojo
· Knowledge of Backbone or Bootstrap a plus
· Extensive experience using data interchange formats like XML and JSON
· Extensive experience using and defining RESTful web services
· Proficiency in HTML5 and CSS3
· Experience with cross-browser development
· Experience profiling and optimizing web application performance on both the client and server side
· Experience with web and application servers such as Apache, JBoss or TomCat
· Good understanding of SQL databases and text search libraries like Lucene/Solr
· Experience with Agile development methodologies, including test-driven development and continuous integration
· Experience writing Enterprise software that scales

The location is Boulder, Colorado. Telecommute is definitely an option if your credentials are appropriate. We are a medium size contract engineering company with contractors and full time employees, flexible schedule, etc. It's a mellow place to work full of extremely bright people.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

NZAmoeba posted:

Please PM or email me at my username at hotmail.com before applying, our referral bonus is pretty sweet. Also note that we're unlikely to relocate you ourselves. edit: This may not necessarily be true, we have no official relocation policy, but we'd consider it if you were the best fit, negotiate!

When are you finks going to start hiring over the other side of the Tasman :argh:

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

duck monster posted:

When are you finks going to start hiring over the other side of the Tasman :argh:

We hire plenty of aussies, though mostly in sales and customer support. But we have some development happening out of Melbourne. Keep F5ing our careers page.

Or come live in NZ, we're not as racist over here. (still kind of racist sometimes). And we don't treat aussies here like kiwis are treated over there, we consider you people! (with silly voices)

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

NZAmoeba posted:

Or come live in NZ, we're not as racist over here. (still kind of racist sometimes). And we don't treat aussies here like kiwis are treated over there, we consider you people! (with silly voices)

What are the chances of you guys hiring someone from the US for a NZ position?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

kedo posted:

What are the chances of you guys hiring someone from the US for a NZ position?

We have lots of people from overseas working in our head office, but they all came to NZ of their own volition. Immigrating to NZ isn't that hard, it works off a point system, and if you have a few years experience in IT and an job offer you're more or less guaranteed to get in as long as you don't have a criminal record.

Moving people from various cities is one thing, but paying to transport someone from overseas is way riskier, a lot of migrants tend to bounce within a year or two because they or their partners get home sick.

I always advise that you come here for a holiday, and schedule some interviews while you're there.

• Locked thread