Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
It was discontinued, they referenced it a few eps back and basically said it's gone (for now).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Paddyb posted:

What happened to the Dean Windass Hall of Fame? I love that poo poo.

I think they stopped it because it was literally reading wikipedia for an hour.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
The hall of fame was the worst part of the show imo and now it's gone the ramble is my favourite football podcast.

It was only good if it was a player they'd actually seen a lot of, which is basically people who had played in the premier league. Everyone else just had their wikipedia page read out like bbb said.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I get the wikipedia thing, and I think they just did it too often. Seems like something you would do monthly at most with a little bit more preparation and insight. I liked the non-player bits about specific tournaments, famous matches or stadiums.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

I still love FW but granted what I enjoy about it is the random anecdotes (like Jimbo's story about the Bruce family decorating a communal area) rather than the football punditry

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
FW's still good, it's just been going on for ages and we all know what to expect by now. I found some 2006 World Cup episodes on an unused laptop recently...that makes me feel old.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
FW's best part is Jimbo's dumb jokes, imo.

I suspect last Thursday's pod was quite good because of the man-on-man-on-man chemistry going on there. Jimbo and Horncastle get along because Serie A, and Iain Macintosh's flamboyant side is fun to listen to.

PreMoo
Sep 23, 2010

Mandalay posted:

FW's best part is Jimbo's dumb jokes, imo.

Agreed. Whenever Jimbo isn't hosting the pod it's a lot duller.

His intro's are so good.
The one where he introduced everyone and was stating their accomplishments and for Amy Lawrence, he said "a woman" was so funny because it's a lame joke but caught me off guard.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
AC Jimbo owns and it'll be a sad day when he finally gets bored of it.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Agreed, but someone needs to murder Barry Glendenning.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I had to check if the extract from Garth Crooks's team of the week they read out on the Ramble was real.

Garth Crooks posted:

FORWARD - WAYNE ROONEY (Man Utd)

I was speaking to my uncle Ben on Saturday and said that Aaron Ramsey was almost certain to be the unanimous choice for footballer of the year. He took the glass of champagne out of my hand and said: 'You mean Wayne Rooney, don't you?' I told him that he had made a very good point and promptly went home.

What the gently caress?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25179631

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Not listened yet, but I saw that on whoateallthepies earlier. Ridiculous.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

peanut- posted:

I had to check if the extract from Garth Crooks's team of the week they read out on the Ramble was real.

What the gently caress?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25179631

Its supposed to be sarcastic, right?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

"I do some wine blogging on the side" is the most Guardian sentence ever spoken.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

tekz posted:

Agreed, but someone needs to murder Barry Glendenning.
I think you'll find its Gary Blendenning.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
Barry didn't even see the Suarez's goals, how is this man still allowed on the podcast?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Goons have praised that man in this very thread for his :effort: i-dont-give-a-gently caress gimmick.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
He's been quite especially poo poo and dire this season imo.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

oh em gee bee ess posted:

Barry didn't even see the Suarez's goals, how is this man still allowed on the podcast?

Just listened to this and even Jimbo is legitimately astonished that Barry hadn't seem them.

marcadia
Sep 13, 2005

The FM competition question was insanely difficult, I got 3/4 I think.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

marcadia posted:

The FM competition question was insanely difficult, I got 3/4 I think.

The answers were bullshit, too.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I'm still somewhat surprised that some people got it right.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

Mickolution posted:

"I do some wine blogging on the side" is the most Guardian sentence ever spoken.

Haha yup.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The Ramble was quality this week.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision
Good god, I was listening to Talking Fussball and it's eerily similar to Football Weekly.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Ninpo posted:

The Ramble was quality this week.

I liked the wrestling chat and rivals.com puns.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I loved the "gently caress off and listen to Football Weekly".

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Gorn Myson posted:

I loved the "gently caress off and listen to Football Weekly".

I was lolling at the bus stop at this.

Ramble was top, top this week.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
All the stuff about Fulham had me laughing to myself like a crazy person on the tube.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Them talking about the World Cup got me well pumped and got me to listen to every Euro 2012 pod they did. Bring on the summer!

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
FW fans of Jimbo's puns will enjoy the latest European paper review http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2014/jan/17/james-richardson-european-football-papers-review-video

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Last weeks two FW pods were dire. I've not heard today's (it's usually a Tuesday morning affair for me) but if Ingle is anywhere near it I might just not bother. Sick to death of him and his awful nerdy voice.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I realize the other European leagues have been on a break but gently caress sake, it's just EPL EPL EPL nowadays. Turgid. 40 minutes on Chelsea, Arsenal and how poo poo West Ham are. Yuck.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I swear, one episode recently had a lot of discussions of the big English game, for 20 minutes, then he trailed part two with, "More EPL!" Honestly, man, gently caress off.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Well its an English podcast and to be fair, England has the only leagues worth discussing.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
It's a podcast from an British newspaper with a British presenter and a mostly British panel, broadcasting to a mostly British audience. If anything they don't cover the Championship enough.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
don't listen to it, if you don't like it!

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
At least Ingles has a go at some sort of opinion, unlike Glendenning who slurs an occasional grunt out at Jimbo in response to questions, when he's not telling some pub anecdote.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision

Ninpo posted:

At least Ingles has a go at some sort of opinion, unlike Glendenning who slurs an occasional grunt out at Jimbo in response to questions, when he's not telling some pub anecdote

Glendenning is the worst part of football weekly by far. He brings nothing to the discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Ninpo posted:

At least Ingles has a go at some sort of opinion, unlike Glendenning who slurs an occasional grunt out at Jimbo in response to questions, when he's not telling some pub anecdote.

you've got at least a 37% chance of Ingle not understanding how betting or statistics work in every podcast.