Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chris Cooper is a little long in the tooth to be taking an action role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Chris Cooper is a little long in the tooth to be taking an action role.

They'll just skip straight to Harry.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It's nice to know that Sting still fits into his complementary Dune Stillsuit.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Lobok posted:

Whoa, you're right. Instead the Green Goblin will be Billy Idol.

Hey Peter Parker, Goblin.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
It's always a nice day to throw a blonde off a bridge.

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009
This is just an homage to Sony two years ago thinking it's a nice day to start again.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Weird Al was right. Defoe is scarier with the mask off.

Sly Deaths Head
Nov 5, 2009
Maybe it's just me, but that Green Goblin really reminds me of 90's Jackal.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jackal's basically just Green Goblin in his skivvies anyway.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lobok posted:

Jackal's basically just Green Goblin in his skivvies anyway.

Well the Jackal and Green Goblin both had a thing for Gwen.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Mr. Maltose posted:

It's nice to know that Sting still fits into his complementary Dune Stillsuit.

You don't really gain much weight on the stillsuit diet.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

High def versions of the Amazing Spider-Man poster are starting to circle around which give a proper look at mechca-Rhino

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Every time I look at that Rhino (Rhino-bot? whatever) I can't help but think of Blade Wolf from Metal Gear Rising and the fact that that ammo on his back kinda looks like a tail isn't helping.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

So Rhino is basically the Blade Wolf from Metal Gear Rising, except it's a Rhino. Okay. Where does Paul Giamatti come in here?

Edit: god, gently caress you guy who's quicker than me!

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
I'm sure it's just the artwork, but Electro's face looks like something out of a terrible gamecube game.

edit: really, that whole poster just looks like a video game

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

I'm sure it's just the artwork, but Electro's face looks like something out of a terrible gamecube game.

edit: really, that whole poster just looks like a video game

Well, he does remind me a lot of Johnny Ohm now that you mention it...

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Waterhaul posted:

High def versions of the Amazing Spider-Man poster are starting to circle around which give a proper look at mechca-Rhino

Cramming three villains into one film, because that worked out so well the last time they tried that in a Spider-Man movie.

The first Amazing Spider-Man was decent I guess, but I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this one.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Eh! Frank posted:

Cramming three villains into one film, because that worked out so well the last time they tried that in a Spider-Man movie.

The first Amazing Spider-Man was decent I guess, but I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this one.

It'll all depend on how much screen time they get. I doubt Rhino will be more than a chump that rampages at the end of the film for a few minutes. Spider-Man 3's issues came from Raimi butting heads with studio exec's not due to the number of villains it had.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hakkesshu posted:

So Rhino is basically the Blade Wolf from Metal Gear Rising, except it's a Rhino. Okay. Where does Paul Giamatti come in here?

From some of the sneaky production photos that have been posted on various sites it looks like he'll be encased inside it, with a hatch that pops open to reveal his face for character interaction. Also his head is about 12 feet off the ground so it's huge.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

One more thing is clear. That Shocker speculation from before is just a taxi being flung away! Phew!

You'd think they would have given the Goblin something to do other than hover there and grimace. I guess we're supposed to remember the Goblins of the previous movies but you'd think he would be doing something at least.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waterhaul posted:

Spider-Man 3's issues came from Raimi butting heads with studio exec's not due to the number of villains it had.

I thought the issues were one and the same. Raimi didn't want to do Venom, Sony wanted Venom, so they stuffed Venom into the movie and overcrowded it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

TwoPair posted:

I thought the issues were one and the same. Raimi didn't want to do Venom, Sony wanted Venom, so they stuffed Venom into the movie and overcrowded it.
Yet Sandman by himself would have been super boring.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

TwoPair posted:

Yeah but that's due to it being Venom, not the number. Like if Raimi wanted to do it I'm sure a Sandman, nuGoblin and say Electro/Vulture the film probably would have been fine.

The Nolan films and X films usually do well with having multiple villains bumbling around and nobody really minds. It all depends on their roles and what they want to do with the characters.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Raimi wanted Vulture in the movie originally so even if Venom had not been included the movie still would have had three villains. The number of villains or characters in any movie is never the problem, it's the story.

Edit: So that this isn't just effectively a double-post of Waterhaul's:

I wonder what Sony's thinking beyond Amazing Spider-Man 3 if they're planning that far. You toss three villains in this movie, you do the Sinister Six in the next and then... what? That's a pretty big drop-off to go back to down to one or even two enemies. Venom would have been the trump card in that situation but after they squandered him already and rebooted the series I don't think he's that much of a draw anymore.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 3, 2013

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
From the production shots they've released so far I'm guessing the Rhino will be able to shift from all four to just two legs. Hopefully he's just a stooge that gets taken out fairly quickly.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Lobok posted:

Raimi wanted Vulture in the movie originally so even if Venom had not been included the movie still would have had three villains. The number of villains or characters in any movie is never the problem, it's the story.

I wonder what Sony's thinking beyond Amazing Spider-Man 3 if they're planning that far. You toss three villains in this movie, you do the Sinister Six in the next and then... what? That's a pretty big drop-off to go back to down to one or even two enemies. Venom would have been the trump card in that situation but after they squandered him already and rebooted the series I don't think he's that much of a draw anymore.

Maxximum Carnage

ASM5: sins of the past
ASM6: one more day

ASM7: spiderman 1 remake

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 3, 2013

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Jonny Nox posted:

Maxximum Carnage

ASM5: sins of the past
ASM6: one more day

ASM7: spiderman 1 remake

Where does Clone Saga fit in there?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Madkal posted:

Well obviously it's been the clone saga all along. That's why he looks so different from spiderman 3.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lobok posted:

You just reboot it at that point

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Go balls out, make Peter die at the end and replace him with Miles. A reboot without a reboot.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

The MSJ posted:

Go balls out, make Peter die at the end and replace him with Miles. A reboot without a reboot.

I think Sony doesn't have the rights to Miles.
Marvel could make a Miles movie, but they couldn't call him Spider-Man.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

StumblyWumbly posted:

That hurts my brain. Could they use it as a backdoor way of introducing "not-spiderman" to Avengers?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Maybe they could just use Spider Hero

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Lobok posted:

They've announcted ASM3 and 4 at the same time, it might be smarter to make ASM3 another setup with 2-3 more dudes and 4 be the Sinister Six conclusion?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2990104/

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

StumblyWumbly posted:

Pretty sure anything created in a Spider-Man title, or using the name Spider-Man is under Sony's umbrella.

Darwin belonged to Fox despite being created after the X-Men deal was made.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Madkal posted:

If this leads to a Kaine Scarlet Spider movie... I think I kinda want a Clone Saga movie :ohdear:

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Sony's on record as stating they want to create an "Avengers" style universe with the Spidey franchise.

I expect we'll see Venom, Morbius, Black Cat, and others get their own flicks.

Give me a Kaine/Scarlet Spider movie.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

E the Shaggy posted:

Sony's on record as stating they want to create an "Avengers" style universe with the Spidey franchise.
If Spiderman gets this before the DC universe, it just might be time for WB to give up and go home.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111946
Apparently someone wants to make a The Darkness movie which I only know about because of the games. Speaking of which if they make this movie they should just get Mike Patton to keep doing The Darkness because holy poo poo he was great at it in the game and most of his recordings didn't need modification :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Darkness would be a good movie to adapt in the 90s but I don't really see it taking off at this point.

But hell yeah get Patton if they can. "Together...We are the stuff...Of nightmares"

• Locked thread