Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Japanese kids loving LOVE trains, it's why so many Sentai teams have had them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

What teams have had them besides Magiranger and GoGoV?

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Dexie posted:

What teams have had them besides Magiranger and GoGoV?

Go-onger had one.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

My wallet is ready for train mecha

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012
By any chance, does anyone have the ShinkenAnon release of Magiranger? It's next on my boyfriend and I's watch list and neither of us wants to sit through all of TV-Nihon's version. I've tried looking myself, but the one backup link I did find was dead as well.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Adnachiel posted:

By any chance, does anyone have the ShinkenAnon release of Magiranger? It's next on my boyfriend and I's watch list and neither of us wants to sit through all of TV-Nihon's version. I've tried looking myself, but the one backup link I did find was dead as well.

Pretty sure not even ShinkenAnon has ShinkenAnon's release of Magi anymore, you may be boned.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

If the thing standing between watching a series or not is lack of non TVN subs, watch the TVN subs. Any non Japanese speaker that has watched that series did the same.

TVN is bad, but so is not watching the series.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

HKR posted:

If the thing standing between watching a series or not is lack of non TVN subs, watch the TVN subs. Any non Japanese speaker that has watched that series did the same.

This is what I've had to do with Kamen Rider Blade, Kiva and Kabuto and will probably have to do with Ryuki as well.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Shiny Shinkengers for $50 less than what I paid at Comic-Con
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ASIN=B00E89AH4I

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Especially if that series is GranSazer.

Watch GranSazer.

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012

HKR posted:

It's not going to stop us. With Shinkenger, we watched what ShinkenAnon had gotten done, then switched over to TVN for the rest. I was hoping to do something similar with Magiranger, but it seems ShinkenAnon's version of it has been lost in the ether.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Kyoryuger 39: Holy cow, plenty of out-of-suit action (though I'm fairly certain they used a double for Ramirez). Also, Torin being smug as gently caress. "A thousand warriors? Should have sent more." :smug:

I assume some elements were taken from the recent movie. Spino Daioh looks neat, and i liked Mikoto's song.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Okay, yeah, that 10 man roll call brings me back. I didn't think I'd like any cast more than Marvelous & co, but when you put all 10 together there are some pretty awesome moments. The end kinda made me feel like I was watching Macross, but it's not like that's a bad thing anyways.

nono
Jun 27, 2011
If anyone's interested, the first Toei Hero Next film has been subbed: Piece (the one with Eiji/Ankh's actors).

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dexie posted:

Traaaaaaaaains!

Is it to much to want a MagiShine cameo somewhere in the series?

While this may be legit, may not be, consider this a reminder that Jefusion is pretty awful and will literally report rumors straight from /m/ regardless of legitimacy. HJU is probably a better site to snag toku news.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

nono posted:

If anyone's interested, the first Toei Hero Next film has been subbed: Piece (the one with Eiji/Ankh's actors).

Is the rest of the movie out there somewhere?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I usually don't mind too much, but this week's Kyoryuger has the most bizarre location jump over the commercial break. They go from inside the broadcast station to out in the quarry/field with no hint of them actually heading out there.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I just wanted to say Yayoi is basically the best character and I wish she was a regular on the team.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm just glad they're not pushing a "Yayoi, Amy, and other girls that show up ALL want to jump King's bones" angle. Amy seemed genuinely befuddled as to why Yayoi would be upset about Daigo meeting a famous, cute popstar at the airport.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Kind of disappointing that Mikoto didn't pick up that boomerang and join in as Deathryuger, but I guess that's just me asking for too much.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Kind of disappointing that Mikoto didn't pick up that boomerang and join in as Deathryuger, but I guess that's just me asking for too much.

Can't have too many girls on the team. This is Kyoryuger after all. Girls aren't strong enough to beat up giant dinosaurs. :v:

Rena
Aug 21, 2012

"Things are...disasterrific."

Dante Logos posted:

We talked about ringtones before, I was wondering if there is one with the wizard transformation sfx out there? The one after "Driver On" but before the actual transformation sequence itself. I like it for some reason, and would enjoy confusing and irritating my friends and loved ones with it.

Give Zedge a try, either they'll have what you want or you can get something easy enough to chop up. It let's you download the mp3, and I've been able to find sounds for pretty much every Heisei rider series and some before.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Oh man next week is one of those "wacky misunderstandings everyone gets into costume" episodes. gently caress your trains, I want Samba Dino's forever.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Oh man next week is one of those "wacky misunderstandings everyone gets into costume" episodes. gently caress your trains, I want Samba Dino's forever.

I love Kyoryuger's cast but hate its mechs. Assuming that Tokkyuger continues the rather historic tradition of Good Mechs From Train Designs, we might actually see one of the first not-quite-cumbersome sentai mechs since... hell, Shinkenger? I think all the mechs since then have been kind of clunky as hell.

I just want good toku mech choreography.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Monathin posted:

I love Kyoryuger's cast but hate its mechs. Assuming that Tokkyuger continues the rather historic tradition of Good Mechs From Train Designs, we might actually see one of the first not-quite-cumbersome sentai mechs since... hell, Shinkenger? I think all the mechs since then have been kind of clunky as hell.

I just want good toku mech choreography.
If you don't like the Go-Busters mech fights I dunno what to tell you.

And Gokaiger's mechs weren't cumbersome, it's just that they very rarely did anything interesting with them.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 3, 2013

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

If you don't like the Go-Busters mech fights I dunno what to tell you.

The later mech fights are great, but Gorimech makes me very sad on very many levels.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Rena posted:

Give Zedge a try, either they'll have what you want or you can get something easy enough to chop up. It let's you download the mp3, and I've been able to find sounds for pretty much every Heisei rider series and some before.

Thanks a lot for the info, I finally have the Morphin Brace tone for phone at last!

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Monathin posted:

Assuming that Tokkyuger continues the rather historic tradition of Good Mechs From Train Designs, we might actually see one of the first not-quite-cumbersome sentai mechs since... hell, Shinkenger?

Please tell me I'm reading this wrong because half of Shinkenger's final robot was a literal stand for the actual robot because it could not move under the weight of its own clusterfuck.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Shaezerus posted:

Please tell me I'm reading this wrong because half of Shinkenger's final robot was a literal stand for the actual robot because it could not move under the weight of its own clusterfuck.

That is in fact what I meant. :doh: Shinkenger was kind of the hearld of goofy rear end cumbersome as gently caress mechs in my eyes, and while we have never again reached Shinkenger Parade Float tier, most mechs since Shinkenger happened have been a degree of unwieldy and clumsy as gently caress.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gokaioh had several scenes in which it looked quite nimble (perhaps shown the most as Deka Gokaioh), and Kyoryuzin could actually move a lot in the first few episodes, but then seemed to lose that ability entirely (I'm going to guess the reason is "budget", as per usual with Sentai and Kamen Rider).

It's sad because Kyoryuger has no excuse to not have super-moving robots. It's a series about dancing! The dinosaurs are dancing too, the ending says so!

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Monathin posted:

That is in fact what I meant. :doh: Shinkenger was kind of the hearld of goofy rear end cumbersome as gently caress mechs in my eyes, and while we have never again reached Shinkenger Parade Float tier, most mechs since Shinkenger happened have been a degree of unwieldy and clumsy as gently caress.
Nope, it was Go-Onger.

Edit: Bonus View

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 4, 2013

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
Ehh, G12 at least was able to move around pretty freely. Plus all its parts are integrated pretty sensibly (unlike poor Shinken Pink and Yellow, whose Origami are literally just stuck to Samurai HaOh's feet unfolded because no one could figure out where the hell else to put them)

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Blaze Dragon posted:

Gokaioh had several scenes in which it looked quite nimble (perhaps shown the most as Deka Gokaioh)

Are you talking about the CG diving? Because that's not really the same thing.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
So what's this I read about the next episode? An episode summary said nothing about the Nossan plot but said Dr. Ulshade was supposed to become KV again in this episode

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
Anyone else have the urge to make smoothies based on the Gaim Riders?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Nope, it was Go-Onger.

This was driving me nuts until I realized it was the candy version.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

SpazmasterX posted:

This was driving me nuts until I realized it was the candy version.

Even though it's the candy version, it's got to be as big as the toy versions of other sentai series mechs if the toy version's height is any indication!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Today was kind of awesome. For our skit in Japanese III, my partner and I did a short Rider VS Monster scene which went over well. Every excuse to use my Double Driver is a good one, and he used a Charmander onesie costume, so that was pretty great. Then for the rest of the period we ate snacks for an end of semester party and I put on Shinkenger 14. (The same in brown! Richard Brown!) I tend to downplay my own nerdiness in that class since I'm sure my teacher gets more than enough of those guys in a Japanese class, she's usually pretty stonefaced and serious, but she laughed at Mr. Brown and liked that the Shinkengers had Kanji on their helmets, so I consider that a success.

The skit itself will never see the light of day outside of my friends, but I thought I'd share the story anyway since I was able to spread the joy of Tokusatsu today.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Choo Choo Sentai has a yellow. A male one at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

My god.

The Kyoryuger movie Raw is out now.

RBX fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Dec 6, 2013

• Locked thread