Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

If it's a 'world premiere', I would think it's a hitherto completely unrevealed game, so I'm guessing it's the Zelda game that Aonuma likes to chat and drop hints about but which hasn't been shown off yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Maybe they'll show SMTxFE, just to reassure everyone that it's still a thing.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Quest For Glory II posted:

This is NoA we're talking about, I bet it's a trailer for Wii Sports Club Golf or something.

Or the announcement of a Wii U Virtual Console release for a game that's already available on Wii VC

I'd be really happy if it was for Wii Sports Baseball U with added nunchuck support. (or a sequel to Mario Baseball or Strikers.)

If it's a VC announcement I hope it's finally GCN games.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

rear end Catchcum posted:

For real tho why does it take forever to do Wii stuff on the WiiU

At least it actually has backwards compatibility, beggars can't be choosers.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Spiffster posted:

Anyone notice that the browser version of Miiverse will no longer allow you to save images on your computer so you can share or post them on other social media? I've been drawing a lot on Art Academy and tried to share a drawing I was really proud of today, only to find that there is no longer a right-click option for saving or viewing images. Well there goes a huge benefit of Miiverse for me... :argh:

Why the hell did Nintendo do that?

Art Academy has no option to save the image to an SD card? Why?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gutcruncher posted:

Art Academy has no option to save the image to an SD card? Why?

It does, once you finish a lesson. There's something like an "Export to Photos" option. If you pass on that and quit, you don't get the opportunity to again, which is really dumb.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Policenaut posted:

The VGX's this year seem to be going all in on open world games. Witcher 3, The Division, a lot of people are thinking Fallout 4 is going to be revealed there, so X putting its face out there doesn't sound that unlikely. Then again at this point I'd like Nintendo to give the game a name already.

I would be more than fine with X. It'll more than likely be Xeno-Something. Really flip people out and call it XenoTrigger :smug:

I for one can't wait for the World Premiere of Hogan's Alley 2.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Urban Champion 2 :colbert:

It's the only way to compete against Killer Instinct

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Strange Quark posted:

It does, once you finish a lesson. There's something like an "Export to Photos" option. If you pass on that and quit, you don't get the opportunity to again, which is really dumb.

But there are no lessons In sketchpad :iiam:

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

zenintrude posted:

Urban Champion 2 :colbert:

It's the only way to compete against Killer Instinct

I'd love to see Nintendo release just a slew of games that are common on the third party market (open world, sandbox, FPS, whatever the gently caress you'd call DOTA) but give them old Nintendo franchise licenses.

gently caress your Mass Effect, here's To The Earth 2014!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Spike TV's VGX will feature a world premiere trailer for "an upcoming Wii U game" from Nintendo. Reggie will be there to announce it, but no idea as to whether it's a trailer for an existing game or an entirely new revealed game.

Its either X or new Zelda

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

MykonosFan posted:

In regards to Tropical Freeze's potential fourth character: I never thought I'd say that I hoped a character would be like Nabbit from New Super Luigi U, but if Cranky Kong is an invincible assist character / super guide that vocally berates you for asking for his help, I will absolutely love this game to death.

Yeah that would be loving brilliant, like the Super Tanooki Suit in 3D World. I just hope there isn't a penalty for using it like a permanent mark of shame on your save file because that poo poo is really fun to dick around with.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Miiverse is literally the best thing Nintendo ever came up with. Seeing all the stuff a bunch of literal children say about each level in NSLU is pretty hilarious.

"This level is dumb and so is my brother Blake" -Blake, 2013 :allears:

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Bobnumerotres posted:

Yeah that would be loving brilliant, like the Super Tanooki Suit in 3D World. I just hope there isn't a penalty for using it like a permanent mark of shame on your save file because that poo poo is really fun to dick around with.
Just use a copy of your save file if you just want to dick around with it, that's what I'd do. I actually prefer it when using these kind of semi-cheat items adds some kind of permanent mark to a save file, it gives more of an official status to the achievement of beating the game without it. Or maybe they can enable using it without penalty only after you've already beaten the game, when it doesn't matter anymore.

I don't even know, by the way, is there a penalty for using the white Tanuki Suit in 3D World?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

PrBacterio posted:

Just use a copy of your save file if you just want to dick around with it, that's what I'd do. I actually prefer it when using these kind of semi-cheat items adds some kind of permanent mark to a save file, it gives more of an official status to the achievement of beating the game without it. Or maybe they can enable using it without penalty only after you've already beaten the game, when it doesn't matter anymore.

I don't even know, by the way, is there a penalty for using the white Tanuki Suit in 3D World?

If it's the same as 3D Land, your five stars on the save file menu just won't glitter.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Monkey Fracas posted:

If it's the same as 3D Land, your five stars on the save file menu just won't glitter.
Is that only if you actually use it, or does it happen automatically once the block appears on a level because you've died more than a certain number of times?

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

For real tho why does it take forever to do Wii stuff on the WiiU

Maybe no one is answering because they don't know what you're talking about. It's exactly the same as my original Wii for me.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

PrBacterio posted:

Is that only if you actually use it, or does it happen automatically once the block appears on a level because you've died more than a certain number of times?

I know on LAND if the block even appeared you were screwed, but I don't know about WORLD. I've seen the damned thing a couple of times in the later levels so I hope not.

I hate that box :argh:

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Monkey Fracas posted:

I know on LAND if the block even appeared you were screwed, but I don't know about WORLD. I've seen the damned thing a couple of times in the later levels so I hope not.

drat that sucks :(

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Having the fit meter has caused me to go jogging for much longer distances than I used to. I just want to get my Mii to the end of the Tokyo map on Wii Fit U.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Monkey Fracas posted:

I have a glittering one star so far and I've triggered -- but not used it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I still really wish they just put the option to turn off the box. Like I'm not against it being in the game, but give me the option to never have to look at them. They almost actively discourage me from hunting down secrets because i don't want to die to much looking into corners that might have something.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

axleblaze posted:

I still really wish they just put the option to turn off the box. Like I'm not against it being in the game, but give me the option to never have to look at them. They almost actively discourage me from hunting down secrets because i don't want to die to much looking into corners that might have something.

That's a great idea, I do really love hearing people online bitch about how "gamers today won't learn the true value of success!" -:v: though.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

axleblaze posted:

As long as it doesnt "ruin" my save in some way (like making my stars not glitter like those of some scrub who needed the invincible tanuki suit to get through some level :argh:) I dont care if the block appears, because I can just as well just ignore it.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The block appeared for me plenty of times (over 400 deaths, at least 300 claimed by that last level) and I've got four glittering stars.

It's only if you use the suit that you'll get the non-glitter star, but even then, if you use it, then go back and beat the level without it, you'll get your glittering star.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

As much as I like seeing new announcements live just to see crowd reactions both on TV and online, I doubt I'll find myself watching VGX for the announcement unless I'm really bored come saturday. That and we don't yet know when the trailer will air. I'm not going to sit and watch bro gaming awards all day long for 3 minutes of Nintendo.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

FPzero posted:

As much as I like seeing new announcements live just to see crowd reactions both on TV and online, I doubt I'll find myself watching VGX for the announcement unless I'm really bored come saturday. That and we don't yet know when the trailer will air. I'm not going to sit and watch bro gaming awards all day long for 3 minutes of Nintendo.

That's why Jesus invented the internet - to wait and watch the important poo poo Monday.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Its either X or new Zelda

Who's to say they're not the same thing? :getin:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Level Slide posted:

Who's to say they're not the same thing? :getin:

The Legend of Xelda.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

The Taint Reaper posted:

The Legend of Xelda.

There's no obtrusive letter "U" in the title.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Austrian mook posted:

There's no obtrusive letter "U" in the title.

The Legend of XeldU.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Also I downloaded A Link To The Past and it told me no Wii motes, but in the OP it says I can play anything with a Wii Motion Plus wii mote, confirm/deny?

It says the Balance Board works for Wii U games too, does this make you think you can control Mario 3D World with your feet?

boz
Oct 16, 2005

AngryCaterpillar posted:

It says the Balance Board works for Wii U games too, does this make you think you can control Mario 3D World with your feet?

If only.

I accidentally bought ALttP for 150 coins not realizing I had bought it awhile back on the VC.

First person to respond to this with their email (I don't have PMs) and the answer to this question can have it.

What are the 3 CD-I Zelda games and what years were they released?

edit: To clarify, this code is for the Wii's VC

boz fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Dec 4, 2013

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
edit: nvm. I thought it worked for 3DS.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

edit, too slow.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
It's yours if you want it Spacebump.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

boz posted:

It's yours if you want it Spacebump.

edit: sweet

Link: The Faces of Evil 1993 , Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon 1993 and Zelda's Adventure 1994

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Dec 4, 2013

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Link: The Faces of Evil 1993 , Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon 1993 and Zelda's Adventure 1994

Sent

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Thanks, been looking for a reason to play this game again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

The Taint Reaper posted:

The Legend of XeldU.

Tom Cruise's stock in the company is revealed and it's "The Legend of Xenu"

• Locked thread