Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Noxin of Shame posted:

That and there's no more feeling of sticking it to the colonial oppressors. Watch Fire in Babylon, it's great.

Oooooeeer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l7qIFu3YDk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Ross Taylor is 163 not out having hit only 18 fours. That's a lot of running.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:

goatface posted:

Ross Taylor is 163 not out having hit only 18 fours. That's a lot of running.
Spoonboy?

Ross Taylor posted:

| 4 4 2 4 4 . |

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was hoping to spoonboy him out so I could see the Windies collapse before I went to bed, but it didn't work.

Maybe they'll just declare when he gets to 200.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

This would have to be one of the worst test attacks ever, even before Sammy went off injured.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

According to the cricinfo app the West Indies are playing a fictional country.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Mister Chief posted:

Amazing, is that Denmark's flag?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Mister Chief posted:

Technically not a country, just a vassal of Australia.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Loving this Dilmah Tea Party®!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

You Am I posted:

I heard NBA Basketball is one of the reasons. You get massive dollars in it compared to cricket

I heard the same thing, but I don't follow the NBA, or basket ball really, so can someone with better knowledge say whether or not there has been a sizable influx of West Indian basketballers into the NBA?

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

I heard the same thing, but I don't follow the NBA, or basket ball really, so can someone with better knowledge say whether or not there has been a sizable influx of West Indian basketballers into the NBA?

there hasn't.

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Bharatrocity posted:

Loving this Dilmah Tea Party®!

They make a big deal out of giving people a $50 tea voucher for appearing on it - we're so smalltown backwards here that NZ television literally gives guests a complementary beverage live on air.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Denmark are belting the West Indies here.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

quote:

"We hope the fitness and form of current squad members leads to us having the same 12 for the Perth Test. However, to ensure we are well prepared, Nathan Coulter-Nile and Doug Bollinger have been placed on standby for the Perth Test which is to start on Friday 13 December," National Selector John Inverarity said.

6 months ago we had pretty good depth in our bowling and now we have to go back to scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Pattinson, Starc, Cummins and I think Bird are all injured, most of which would have been picked above Johnson, ironically. And Faulkner is already in the squad. It could be much worse, considering we won anyway.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
I know the Windies are awful right now and we still need to get Chanderpaul out (twice!!!) to win this game but I'm starting to get mad hyped about the India series. Our seamers are legit good, the key batsmen are finally emerging from an awful year of form and we have actual class players to come back in Williamson, Ryder & Vettori. A little bit of juice in the wicket and we'll see how good the likes of Kohli and Sharma really are.

Gonna look back at this post at the end of the season and cry.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

Smorgasbord posted:

A little bit of juice in the wicket and we'll see how good the likes of Kohli and Sharma really are.

They're playing in South Africa starting tomorrow, so we'll know before then I guess! Sehwag, Gambhir, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman all had wretched couple of years , so this new batting lineup can't do much worse.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Smorgasbord posted:

I know the Windies are awful right now and we still need to get Chanderpaul out (twice!!!) to win this game but I'm starting to get mad hyped about the India series. Our seamers are legit good, the key batsmen are finally emerging from an awful year of form and we have actual class players to come back in Williamson, Ryder & Vettori. A little bit of juice in the wicket and we'll see how good the likes of Kohli and Sharma really are.

Gonna look back at this post at the end of the season and cry.

One series thrashing a bankrupt minnow and suddenly the Kiwis think they're world beaters.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

gay picnic defence posted:

One series thrashing a bankrupt minnow and suddenly the Kiwis think they're world beaters.

They're just being like Australia haha.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

New Zealand's seam attack is pretty passable, tbf, and all the Indian batsmen are flat track bullies. The BCCI will probably bribe the curators to prepare flat wickets so Virat Kohli isn't inconvenienced.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

dusty posted:

I will never tire of reading bitchy and passive aggressive cricket writing. http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zealand-v-west-indies-2013-14/content/story/696021.html

Can someone explain to me in a sentence why the Windies so bad these days compared to 30 years ago?

West Indian kids want to be in the NBA instead of playing cricket.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

erezaka posted:

there hasn't.

As long as kids are playing basketball instead of playing cricket, it's having a negative impact on cricket.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Knuc If U Buck posted:

As long as kids are playing basketball instead of playing cricket, it's having a negative impact on cricket.

yeah, but there have been only a few West Indians in the NBA and none of them have made an impact unless you count Patrick Ewing who is not "recent". And that's the question I was answering.

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

gay picnic defence posted:

Ross Taylor's double century in this test clearly establishes him as a cricket genius and once in a hundred years talent. I demand he be knighted by the second innings.

The only question that needs answering, is this NZ team the best in the world, or are they the best cricket side of all time? Answers on a postcard please

dusty fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 4, 2013

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Only a few hours until Australia leave the ground on stretchers

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

oi oi what have we got here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/25221598

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

quote:

Up to three Kiwis are believed to be involved in an international investigation

:lol: wonder who that will be

source: left wing wank fest paper http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11167158

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

quote:

"At the moment we've got connections with New Zealanders," he said. "I did some fixing with (names a player) and (names another player) in 2010. I met them direct in Delhi."

Hmmm now which New Zealand player was playing for Delhi in 2010

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dan wouldn't do that to us.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

BrigadierSensible posted:

I heard it was baseball, too. Big money there and also apparently a fairly strong league in the carribbean. Anyone who can hit a ball will have the chance at earning major bucks either way and that's what they choose

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

it's bobsleighing. read the op jesus christ

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

thehappyprince posted:

it's bobsleighing. read the op jesus christ

you'd be the one guy in the room trying to call it the 'jamaican bobsleigh team' without being booed

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
loving lol at this by the way

Apparently a couple of former NZ cricketers being investigated for match and spot fixing

I guess NZ are the best team for this, nobody would think anything of it if they were sure fire favourites to win and shat the bed hilariously

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Can you read the thread please mate, you've been told once already.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

ban hyperriker from the thread and also the world imo

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
lmao the ABC reported it as a brand new story. Guess i'm permabanned from all news and life forever bye all see you never

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I just listened to an American pool commentator try to trail the second test.

It was more gloriously awkward than I could ever have imagined. Much like England's batting.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I bet it was Bond on the take. He seems the type.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Someone immediately tell how to watch the ashes on an iPad. This is of paramount importance. :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

tarbrush posted:

I just listened to an American pool commentator try to trail the second test.

It was more gloriously awkward than I could ever have imagined. Much like England's batting.

Did Europe win? That Earl Strickland is a right nutter isn't he hahah

• Locked thread