Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Just going on the specific location, I'd say she feels sad that the person she's grown closest to and shared the most of herself with has found someone with which to share things Annie could never provide. But that's just a guess, honestly, Annie is still a mystery right now. For all I know she feels lovely that she didn't figure out Kat's secret in time to help her come to terms with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

She was actually clonked on the head and robbed of her cell phone.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Skippy McPants posted:

Which would be silly, considering how long Kat went without even telling herself.

"Hey, I was totally lying to myself for way longer than I was hiding anything from you!"

Yeah, but Annie has no idea about that or how long this has been going on for. All she knows is that the one person who she's closest with apparently didn't trust her with this and she's probably assuming it's been longer than she thought.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
She might be calm on the outside, but she went inside the Ether and is currently in the forest (she needed a tree nearby to act as a node), smashing the etheral forms of the court ruins' inhabitants.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Oh yeah, so someone pointed out that her being outside the tree place instead of in it is probably a direct metaphor. What she shared with Kat there may now seem like something she can't go back to, something along those lines. Whether she's simply locked out or can't bring herself to go in doesn't really invalidate that reading either way.

AlexG
Jul 15, 2004
If you can't solve a problem with gaffer tape, it's probably insoluble anyway.
"You're a good friend, Kat. You're the only person I have left in the world."

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

She's just sad because the gardener guy just locked that door, the vindictive jerk.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

If we are to treat that page as a bit of foreshadowing, I'm more worried about "I've never lost anyone I loved".

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Kikas posted:

If we are to treat that page as a bit of foreshadowing, I'm more worried about "I've never lost anyone I loved".

Kat lost her bird boyfriend between then and now, I'm pretty sure.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

flatluigi posted:

Kat lost her bird boyfriend between then and now, I'm pretty sure.

Not the same.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
All I can say is I love that fake-out.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
This would have been one hell of a page to end the chapter on. I assume Kat is about to find her way there?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

dyzzy posted:

This would have been one hell of a page to end the chapter on. I assume Kat is about to find her way there?

No, that's too easy. We won't be seeing them meet up for another week, at least.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Annie desperately wants some cherries and the farmer guy locked the door after catching them last time.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
She loves Kat you morons

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Don't worry guys, Annie just read a sad Batman story, that's all.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

She loves Kat you morons

I was just about to point out the fact that this thread seems to be the only place on the internet that didn't immediately and universally jump to the idea that Annie realized she is in love with Kat. And then you came along.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Darth Windu posted:

She loves Kat you morons

Haha, word? :allears:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
It could be that I guess but I don't really want to let that guy off the hook as seeing the chibisoma rant and thinking that it was perfectly reasonable and taking it's word over the author.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Darth Windu posted:

She loves Kat you morons

She loves the gardener, you fool

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Annie's heart breaking addiction to cherries, finally revealed.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rita Repulsa posted:

It could be that I guess but I don't really want to let that guy off the hook as seeing the chibisoma rant and thinking that it was perfectly reasonable and taking it's word over the author.

It's not impossible but there's very little evidence that points to that over, say, Annie being worried about what this means for their friendship. You kind of need to be... attracted to girls... to be in love with one.

Jumping to that conclusion with so little evidence(to the point of calling anyone who has other ideas a moron) just reeks of creepy shipping stuff.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Dec 4, 2013

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Lurdiak posted:

It's not impossible but there's very little evidence that points to that over, say, Annie being worried about what this means for their friendship. You kind of need to be... attracted to girls... to be in love with one.

There's no evidence either way, so who cares. It's just as plausible that she is feeling jealousy and is struggling with her own feelings for Kat as opposed to just pining over lost friendship or something, and considerably less likely than the Pizza Theory (that she ordered a pizza and is waiting at the door for it to be delivered).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Darth Windu posted:

There's no evidence either way, so who cares. It's just as plausible that she is feeling jealousy and is struggling with her own feelings for Kat as opposed to just pining over lost friendship or something, and considerably less likely than the Pizza Theory (that she ordered a pizza and is waiting at the door for it to be delivered).

I don't particularly care, but I'm curious why you felt the need to call everyone in the thread a moron over it.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

I thought the Pizza Theory was that she ate too much pizza and now her tummy aches :confused:

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Lurdiak posted:

I don't particularly care, but I'm curious why you felt the need to call everyone in the thread a moron over it.

I was kidding, as evinced by the lack of a period. BobTheJanitor got it. There's so much speculation and that was the only one that hadn't been mentioned. And everyone seems to be ignoring the giant pizza in the room.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
No poo poo Annie loves Kat, we've known that since like forever! They're like the best goddamned friends in the world. Don't you love your best friends and your family? They're the people I care most about.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

She's probably sad she didn't realise something was going on sooner, and is also now realising she's not going to be able to spend as much time with Kat anymore.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

SHISHKABOB posted:

No poo poo Annie loves Kat, we've known that since like forever! They're like the best goddamned friends in the world. Don't you love your best friends and your family? They're the people I care most about.

I was going to say this, I'd guess she's upset because she feels like she's been left out of the loop between people she cares about (and probably made to feel like an idiot for not realising it sooner) and not because she's been secretly lusting over her best friend. I think it's also pretty normal to feel a bit resentful and/or jealous when a best friend starts spending more time with somebody else, even if you know that you're being a petty jerk, and that can make you feel even worse!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

BobTheJanitor posted:

She loves the gardener, you fool

You mean the dryad? Because that would be quite a twist.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Add to that the fact Annie has little in the way of social skills and her go to emotional management tool is repression. She's not doing too bad, all things considered.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Also remember that while Annie is a very good person, she can be a bit selfish and overdramatic sometimes.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Darth Windu posted:

All of those things are completely baseless speculation as you say. Which is why I think most people are sticking to more grouded theories, like hanging out near the decon room meaning worrying about losing a friend.

It's in line with the conversation they had back in the day and isn't too out there.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I was just about to point out the fact that this thread seems to be the only place on the internet that didn't immediately and universally jump to the idea that Annie realized she is in love with Kat. And then you came along.

I'unno, Tumblr has been markedly restrained so far (at least the tag and the people I'm following)

Annie, whatever it is, please just talk to her about it like a sane human being :smith:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

SHISHKABOB posted:

When you use the word "love", most people immediately jump to eros rather than storge, philia or agape, it seems.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Prison Warden posted:

When you use the word "love", most people immediately jump to eros rather than storge, philia or agape, it seems.

It's almost like he was being intentionally obtuse. The worst kind of obtuse.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As opposed to being just plain obtuse? You don't have much ground to complain from here.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

RabidWeasel posted:

I was going to say this, I'd guess she's upset because she feels like she's been left out of the loop between people she cares about (and probably made to feel like an idiot for not realising it sooner) and not because she's been secretly lusting over her best friend. I think it's also pretty normal to feel a bit resentful and/or jealous when a best friend starts spending more time with somebody else, even if you know that you're being a petty jerk, and that can make you feel even worse!

I'm pretty sure that this is what's going on. It's fairly often for friends (especially teenagers) to become jealous when they feel "abandoned" because someone in their circle stops hanging out with them to spend more time with their boyfriend/girlfriend. Of course, this just happened, so it's a bit of a jump for Annie to reach this conclusion, but...teens.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Annie's not above crazy nonsensical teenage reasoning

Remember when she tried to stick it to jack by leading him on and then saying she didn't like him and then got upset when jack didn't like her either and they had an awkward conversation about themselves and their weird deals
That was totally rational

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Rita Repulsa posted:

Annie's not above crazy nonsensical teenage reasoning

Remember when she tried to stick it to jack by leading him on and then saying she didn't like him and then got upset when jack didn't like her either and they had an awkward conversation about themselves and their weird deals
That was totally rational

More proof that Annie doesn't like boys.