Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Beeez posted:

All references to Zunes are comedy gold.
Do you listen to Jordan Jesse Go? Because if not, I think it's the show for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wisenheimer
Jul 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

Does anyone listen to Never Not Funny? I've been meaning to check it out forever but I guess I never got around to it because of the premium thing. I don't know where to begin though because it has a million episodes, can I just jump in wherever or is there a best season to start with?

They occasionally release free full episodes, usually when they have a "name" quest who isn't a regular. A quick look through their rss feed show the following free full episodes:

However, these episodes aren't as representative of the overall vibe of the show as they tend towards being interview-focused (although I think the Patton and maybe Ty Burrell free episodes are an exception, if I'm remembering correctly).

My favourite seasons were some of the earlier ones, like season two or three, although that could be coloured by the fact that I've been listening to them for so long that I've grown accustom to most of Jimmy's go-to jokes.

You might also consider:
  • season one had 60 episodes (but they were much shorter, sometimes around ~40 minutes, and they only had guests every 4 episodes). This season also featured Mike Schmidt, now of the The 40 Year Old Boy podcast, as a co-host until episode 59.
  • season two had 39(?) episodes that were somewhat longer and they began having guests on every episode.
  • every subsequent season is 26 episodes (with a few bonus episodes sprinkled in), which tend to be around 90-120 minutes each. As the seasons have gone on the pre-guest segment has gotten longer, often clocking in at around 20 minutes.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

I agree completely, the first 3-4 seasons were the best. It's still very good now (been a premium member for the last 4 seasons), but the quick back-and-forth was better then (in my opinion).

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com

Teddybear posted:

Oh, hey, I remember you from International Waters! You were pretty funny.

Thank you so much! That show was so much fun to do.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Just posted the latest episode. Lou Reads EMS Workers Stories. Hope people enjoy it.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Kristen Schaal as Tennessee Williams on the latest Dead Authors Podcast is loving amazing.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Kristen Schaal as Tennessee Williams on the latest Dead Authors Podcast is loving amazing.

Seconded

"Marlon Brando had a face that could launch a thousand ships twice"

GraPar fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 28, 2013

Dookberg
Oct 14, 2003

Teddybear posted:

Oh, hey, I remember you from International Waters! You were pretty funny.

Asterios was also great on the gone but not forgotten "Two Jacks/Huff and Stapes" podcasts.

I can't hear a Springsteen song anymore without thinking about Bruce Springsteen's Spring Tea.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

toanoradian posted:

Listening to the Shel Silverstein episode of the Dead Authors Podcast really solidifies my opinion that the more recent the author's death is, the more likely their episode is going to suck.

AESOP

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

Uterbrauten posted:

Asterios was also great on the gone but not forgotten "Two Jacks/Huff and Stapes" podcasts.

I can't hear a Springsteen song anymore without thinking about Bruce Springsteen's Spring Tea.

You have made my entire thanksgiving. gently caress this family poo poo!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Thanks for the NNF info all, I've been buying random episodes and I'm liking it a lot.

Speaking of NNF, the Pardcast-a-thon just started like 10 minutes ago

Beeez
May 28, 2012
So is it only available to members this year? It doesn't seem to be playing anything for me.

Edit: Never mind, one of my Firefox extensions was dicking me around.

Beeez fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 30, 2013

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Dear God, James Adomian as Walt Whitman. If you listen to just one episode of the Dead Authors Podcast.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Al! posted:

Dear God, James Adomian as Walt Whitman. If you listen to just one episode of the Dead Authors Podcast.

How much jizz is involved?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Brock Samson posted:

How much jizz is involved?

There is an extended section where he describes, in detail, how he would pleasure several US states.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
The latest episode of The Champs has Felipe Esparza back, just telling his insane drug stories. I don't know if it's his voice or cadence or whatever, but it's pretty great.

Good to see this show on a semi-regular schedule.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Al! posted:

There is an extended section where he describes, in detail, how he would pleasure several US states.
Adomian was in rare form here, my favorite part was probably him doing crowdwork as Walt Whitman with Paul laughing his rear end off and just throwing in suggestions every few minutes, like "splendid, now make fun of that guy's shirt!".

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Well, Lou Reads the Internet for You! didn't make it to the top 10 this year but a podcast I've been on and one I was cut from made it... so theres that.

http://www.avclub.com/article/the-best-podcasts-of-2013-106168

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

King Lou posted:

Well, Lou Reads the Internet for You! didn't make it to the top 10 this year but a podcast I've been on and one I was cut from made it... so theres that.

There's a cartoon of Judge John Hodgman at the top of the article, but he didn't make the list? :mad:

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Piquai Souban posted:

The latest episode of The Champs has Felipe Esparza back, just telling his insane drug stories. I don't know if it's his voice or cadence or whatever, but it's pretty great.

Good to see this show on a semi-regular schedule.

It's still great but Doug made it amazing. We'll never get another "Neal! Neal! Quit dropping my name!" or "He preFERS to be treated like a DOG."

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Needs more Improv4Humans and Judge John Hodgman. I still listen to lots of other stuff but those are the ones I actually look forward to.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

King Lou posted:

No MBMBaM? I'm surprised.

I think I caught on to Caustic Soda from this thread-- I have no idea how I hadn't heard of it before, but I'm glad I did.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Al! posted:

I didn't laugh as much at this as I have other episodes, but I was pretty much in awe of how easily he would go on and on (and on) with those rants. It was fantastic.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

prefect posted:

There's a cartoon of Judge John Hodgman at the top of the article, but he didn't make the list? :mad:
He was at least nominated/described. It also shows Janet Varney and Cameron Esposito, along with graffiti references to JJGo, MBMBAM, and Hollywood Handbook, none of which are mentioned at all. (No idea who the guy on the right is.)

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I also like the reference to Hollywood Handbook scrawled on the wall.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

AFewBricksShy posted:

I didn't laugh as much at this as I have other episodes, but I was pretty much in awe of how easily he would go on and on (and on) with those rants. It was fantastic.

I sing the song of democracy whether it be in the bread carpenters house in the loafing mountains of nunchuckeries all the way from nebraska down the mississipp through the texases of Arkanz shall I sing the wood cutters song.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

No mention of Uhh Yeah Dude anywhere. Shameful.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Fayez Butts posted:

No mention of Uhh Yeah Dude anywhere. Shameful.

That's because it has its own thread.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Al! posted:

That's because it has its own thread.

I assume he meant in the AV Club list.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I'm sure that Pete Holmes has funny stuff, but his Doug Loves Movies appearances have just been diminishing in their returns. Marc Maron is a good lovely guest on that show, but Holmes is just obnoxious.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Timeless Appeal posted:

I'm sure that Pete Holmes has funny stuff, but his Doug Loves Movies appearances have just been diminishing in their returns. Marc Maron is a good lovely guest on that show, but Holmes is just obnoxious.

And I love it. To be somewhat fair he plays that up when he;s on the show. Doug knows exactly what character he's getting when he has Pete on the show.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
PFT is recording a Dead Authors' with & Neil Campbell & Scott Aukerman tonight, which should be terrific (they're playing Irving Berlin and the guy who wrote Twas The Night Before Christmas respectively)

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

My episode of Jordan, Jesse, Go! drops tomorrow. We talk about Something Awful (and specifically this thread) for a nice chunk of it. Here's the list of potential nicknames I went in with:

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Congrats, Asterios! I refreshed the feed this morning to see if it was out yet for my drive in, but no such luck.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

WoG posted:

Congrats, Asterios! I refreshed the feed this morning to see if it was out yet for my drive in, but no such luck.

Episode's up! One of you fine goons are mentioned by name.

Jordan, Jesse, Go! #303: "Hobbit Coffee"

Asterios fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 9, 2013

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Asterios posted:

:blush:

You did great.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Asterios posted:

I don't frequent this thread a lot so I was surprised to hear a guest on one of my favorite podcasts spend so much time talking about SA. Very funny appearance, Asterios. Kudos!

Kro-Bar fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 9, 2013

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Part of me wants to complain about how JJGO is terrible and declare I'll never listen again, but in all honesty Jordan's "Guys, I'm having a lot of fun today" was so great I kind of have to sincerepost. It was delightful.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
I only listen occasionally but that was a really fun, funny episode of the worst, stupidest podcast i have ever listened to by the ugliest people i've not even seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Asterios posted:

Who is it? Who gets named? :ohdear:

The Bunk?

Man, you mentioned like 3 people...

King Lou fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 10, 2013

• Locked thread