Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

vyst posted:

I can't remember why would Nero be pissed at that?

I think he had a thing about not going after women. Pimping them out is okay, but murder is a no-no.

Also, no more Robocop or Joanie Stubbs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Have I been converted by this thread if I was rooting for Tara to turn her self in then pissed off she went to a hotel for some dumb loving reason? I had absolutely no sympathy for Jacks.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Season 5 starts with Jax doing his "thoughtful narration" and cuts to an old inked up dude completely naked railing a completely naked Gemma from behind, and ends the cold open with the 9ers (a small-mid size Oakland gang) torching a truck carrying coke for the biggest cartel in Mexico.

This looks like its gonna be great.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm always so loving confused when this show ends. Current plot lines are:

1) Blacks forced Irish into a gun deal by killing the Chinese, thus letting Tig off the hook (who cares, he's most likely going to kill another innocent in like, the next 20 minutes of the next episode) and freeing Happy (the most important part of that plot and basically the season too)
2) Hispanic gangwar is about to start unless Nero kills Jax, I think?
3) MC is mostly off the hook except for Bro problems, mainly....
3.a) Juice tried to OD and sucked at it
4) Tara made a deal, stole the kids and took a deal with the FBI. BUT!!!!!!

PSYCHE :catdrugs:

What's up living in a motel room fearing for your life?

So now, basically, the MC is going to go to war on the FBI to find Tara since neither of them know that Tara isn't a snitch, then once the bodies are on the floor, she'll crawl out of the ashes and just kind of peace out?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I half expected Jax to be at the door when Patterson opened it.

Did ANYBODY other than me just go, "What the gently caress," when what looks to be a Mexican Midget just suddenly showed up wearing a SONS cut and chill with the gang at the start of the episode and continue forward? It was straight out of that Simpsons joke where they just introduce their new castmember/houseguest Roy during the Poochie episode (wikipedia reference - "Throughout the episode, a college-aged man named Roy comes to live with the Simpsons. When Lisa remarks that new characters are just a desperate effort to boost shows with low ratings, Roy appears out of nowhere. He has a few minor lines, calls Homer "Mr. S", and at the episode's end, he declares that he is moving out to live with "two sexy ladies".).

Devour
Dec 18, 2009

by angerbeet
Anyone else think August Marks is going to discover that Jax & Tig killed Pope and not Clay in the finale?

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Dead Snoopy posted:

I half expected Jax to be at the door when Patterson opened it.

Did ANYBODY other than me just go, "What the gently caress," when what looks to be a Mexican Midget just suddenly showed up wearing a SONS cut and chill with the gang at the start of the episode and continue forward? It was straight out of that Simpsons joke where they just introduce their new castmember/houseguest Roy during the Poochie episode (wikipedia reference - "Throughout the episode, a college-aged man named Roy comes to live with the Simpsons. When Lisa remarks that new characters are just a desperate effort to boost shows with low ratings, Roy appears out of nowhere. He has a few minor lines, calls Homer "Mr. S", and at the episode's end, he declares that he is moving out to live with "two sexy ladies".).

He looks like a kid in the distance shot of the group.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
OPIE NOOOOO!.

RIP you beautiful tragic bastard. You were the most human character on the show and your death on the alter of Kurt Sutter's vivid fever dreams of Emmys has kept you from being dragged down into the feces. You will be missed. (btw I expect your old lady to get banged out by a SAMCRO within weeks of your funeral)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

every episode in the final season should have Juice trying and failing to kill himself somehow

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Juice continues to poo poo all over the club but he's already ratted AND killed another member so this latest betrayal probably won't amount to much. Well it'll probably get Nero killed so thanks Juice!

Tara didn't take the deal. Her decision making just couldn't be any worse.

And yet I can't wait for the season finale. Hopefully Nero decides on what path he is going to take and Tara is killed by Jax or Gemma. I only see her surviving if Jax decides to let her and the boys leave the life. I guess there will also be something to keep the club in guns?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Devout Christian posted:

Anyone else think August Marks is going to discover that Jax & Tig killed Pope and not Clay in the finale?

I thought it was implied that he knew? And do you really think his character would care at this point? He's going to make a poo poo load of money from guns and is now the boss of an awesome criminal empire.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I hope we get a spin-off series featuring Tara moving to different Super 8 motels around the country with her dumbass kids helping others with their problems while she dodges the FBI and the MC. Kinda like the A-Team, but completely loving terrible.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

haljordan posted:

I hope we get a spin-off series featuring Tara moving to different Super 8 motels around the country with her dumbass kids helping others with their problems while she dodges the FBI and the MC. Kinda like the A-Team, but completely loving terrible.

Nope. They will some how find her as easily as walking into a wall.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Whoever said not to do scenes with dogs and children obviously never saw Abel's actor.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

vyst posted:

I can't remember why would Nero be pissed at that?

Let's Recap!

You might recall Dave Navarro and the girl were the common law parents of the kid that shoots up the school in the first episode, and more important it was Dave's KG9. The primary resolution of that conflict was the Sons grabbed both Dave and the girl and hauled them off to the cabin. They freak out and try to make a break for it, poo poo goes down. Nero caps Dave with a loving hunting rifle like a boss and they sedate the junkie mom. There's some unspoken "seriously bro for the club bro" poo poo between Juice and Jax and then Juice slips into the back room and loads up a massive hit for the junkie mom. Once she's on the nod, he puts the pillow over her face and out she goes. Jax plays it off as an OD and tells Nero to his face that the club and he had nothing to do with her death.

TL;DR. Betrayal of trust. Lying. Typical club bullshit.

My take is that Jax is going to use the fact that he never explicitly told Juice to go off that girl as a way out with Nero. He'll give Juice the serious "you betrayed me" guilt trip (as evidenced by the teaser for the finale) and then either the club caps him or he finally gets it right.

hatelull fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 5, 2013

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
I haven't watched last night's episode, and after reading this thread, I don't think I will. I'm going to call Clay's death the end of the show for me. Every other loose end is just extraneous bullshit.

Good night, sweet bros.

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013
I'm surprised nobody's commented on how the guy singing back up on "You Are My Sunshine," and I use the term singing very loosely here, sounded like he was a very drunk and very retarded mumbling cave man. The cover was bad enough, since that's not a song you can sing fragmented like that, but the back up mumbling made it irredeemably horrible.

Then again, this is Sons of Anarchy. I should know better than to expect any effort put into the songs played over mostly filler montages.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

JaddaCaddra posted:

I'm surprised nobody's commented on how the guy singing back up on "You Are My Sunshine," and I use the term singing very loosely here, sounded like he was a very drunk and very retarded mumbling cave man. The cover was bad enough, since that's not a song you can sing fragmented like that, but the back up mumbling made it irredeemably horrible.

Then again, this is Sons of Anarchy. I should know better than to expect any effort put into the songs played over mostly filler montages.

That was, by a wide margin, the single worst piece of music I've heard yet on this show. I'd rather have an all-singing, all-dancing episode featuring Katy Sagal.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The guy singing back up was Shooter Jennings, son of Waylon and real life husband of Drea De Matteo, who plays Wendy.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

The guy singing back up was Shooter Jennings, son of Waylon and real life husband of Drea De Matteo, who plays Wendy.

Then he should shooter himself in the face, because that poo poo was hot garbage.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

tonic316 posted:

I thought it was implied that he knew? And do you really think his character would care at this point? He's going to make a poo poo load of money from guns and is now the boss of an awesome criminal empire.

Yeah, Marks isn't opening car doors for Pope anymore, he's having doors opened for him. He doesn't give a poo poo what happened to Pope as long as he's the king now.

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Apparently they separated or divorced recently. I'm not sure if they were married or just together for a very long time. Regardless, that was just horrible. I thought the dude with the whiny sounding voice was bad, but I'd take him any day over the mumbling retard. Sad thing is, without him the song actually would've been listenable, maybe not A, B, C or even D material, but definitely not the vomit pie it ended up being. Does Kurt even care what song they put over the montages? Seriously, I'm waiting for the day where he uses the "Montage Song" from South Park for one... Then again, that might not be so bad.

So whatever happened to that Henry Lin guy? Was he one of the guys Galen killed, or is he just not around for some reason?

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

Devout Christian posted:

Hold my dick while I piss. :gb2fyad: :frogout:

empty baggie posted:

Yeah, Marks isn't opening car doors for Pope anymore, he's having doors opened for him. He doesn't give a poo poo what happened to Pope as long as he's the king now.

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hatelull posted:

Let's Recap!

You might recall Dave Navarro and the girl were the common law parents of the kid that shoots up the school in the first episode, and more important it was Dave's KG9. The primary resolution of that conflict was the Sons grabbed both Dave and the girl and hauled them off to the cabin. They freak out and try to make a break for it, poo poo goes down. Nero caps Dave with a loving hunting rifle like a boss and they sedate the junkie mom. There's some unspoken "seriously bro for the club bro" poo poo between Juice and Jax and then Juice slips into the back room and loads up a massive hit for the junkie mom. Once she's on the nod, he puts the pillow over her face and out she goes. Jax plays it off as an OD and tells Nero to his face that the club and he had nothing to do with her death.

TL;DR. Betrayal of trust. Lying. Typical club bullshit.

My take is that Jax is going to use [spoiler]the fact that he never explicitly told Juice to go off that girl as a way out with Nero. He'll give Juice the serious "you betrayed me" guilt trip (as evidenced by the teaser for the finale) and then either the club caps him or he finally gets it right.

I thought Navarro got shot by his old lady as they tried to flee in the truck? I remember laughing pretty hard at that death.

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

GOT VIRUS FROM MP3 posted:

I thought Navarro got shot by his old lady as they tried to flee in the truck? I remember laughing pretty hard at that death.

Nero killed him and than cried about it.

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013

kill your idols posted:

Nero, like many RHCP fans, didn't like One Hot Minute. It was only after Dave's death that Nero realized it was actually a pretty good album after all.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I'm surprised Tara didn't accidentally shoot one of her kids with the way that gun was shaking.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

we're going to get a Katey Sagal cover of Under the Bridge

Devour
Dec 18, 2009

by angerbeet
Thanks for the avatar kill your Idols. Too bad I don't post in FYAD

Lmao

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

My reaction to the recent plot 'twists'.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Here we go! But before we get started, let's have a quick recap of the last ep:

Got it? Good!

Meeting in a gazebo in a park, huh? I appreciate the new setting.

Get 'im, Patterson! I love that Patterson questions the plot and that Jax's line of bullshit doesn't work on her. Most of the time. You're no Gemma, Jax. If only you brought her with you, she could've convinced Patterson that Clay & Galen killed each other in a lover's quarrel and that she was a fit mother. Well, that last bit might be too preposterous -- let her start with convincing Patterson that the sky is plaid and that the lake is lava.

Patterson: "You're a very smart man, Mr. Teller." Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. This was the same man who sent a half-Black / half-Cuban to a white supremacist hideout and was genuinely upset when Juice got caught. Sorry, I can't let that one go: that was season 8 Dexter levels of stupid.

"I'm all over it. Like :gizz: on his Momma."
"Hey, my momma's dead, man."
"That won't stop him."

That might've been funny if we all didn't know that to be true.

Hey Bobby! How many pints quarts did you bleed out in the back of that van?

Anybody think that Tara will go through with this DA deal? I need to refresh myself on the significance of that bullet. That was the one she pulled out of Bobby, wasn't it?

Ahh, another episode of "Gemma Doesn't Give a gently caress About Unser!"

Haha, just like that, Abel delivers the :iceburn: to Gemma with a simple question: "where's mommy?" :(

Jax keeps insisting on making deals or storing things at the barn, but 9 times out of 10, poo poo happens at the barn. Ask Filthy Phil how safe the barn is. :colbert:

And the next scene is poo poo happening at the barn. :haw: The bodies continue to pile up.

:stare: Uh, sometimes you have to nuzzle your blood spattered reflection. Thankfully it cuts into the intro to give Tig a little "private time."

As we go into the intro, it's rather surprising how much a week break can cause one to get lost in the narrative of this show. It'd be easier to keep track if things made sense. Hell, if you missed episode 11, you wouldn't even know that Clay was dead. The biggest thing since Opie's death and it's been treated like an afterthought.

I wonder what Happy's saying behind that gag: "I wanna stay! They have cartoons and their food is delicious!"

:mad: "Do you understand how vengeance works?" This is Jax, so...I give him a 60/40 on "No."

Jax could really learn a lot from Arnold Rothstein from Boardwalk Empire: sometimes the best move is to not make one. He'd be much better off if he wasn't constantly overplaying his hand.

:sigh: Jesus Count: 1

Nero's right hand man calling Nero out. YES! This should've happened a long time ago. "WE'VE ALL BEEN DROWNING SINCE YOU'VE MET THE SONS!" loving yes! Nero's had flashes of clarity throughout the season, but never anyone else to pull him aside and ask him what in the hell he's doing. And on top of that we're being reintroduced to Alverez and the Mayans! I'm not sure where it's going just yet, but anything is better than the Irish plot.

This scene. I thought that this subplot between Gemma and Wendy might be a way for Gemma to redeem herself. That maybe Clay's death, Tara's conspiracy and Wendy's near overdose would shake her out of her selfish, conniving ways. But no, she just needs a babysitter for when Tara get sent up the river. And that "Uncle Cancer" line. :rolleyes: Unser could take a bullet for her and she'd scowl from the extra effort of stepping over his corpse. I honestly can't think of a character more thoroughly repulsive than Gemma.

By the way, anybody know that Wendy was gay? I didn't. But I guess she isn't anymore because Gemma said so.

20 minutes in and finally there's some acknowledgment of the single biggest event in the history of the show.

That's immediately cut into a dick joke.

And more dicks.

:dong:

They've now talked about dicks longer than the ramifications of Clay's death.

Why doesn't the Irish make the connection that listening to Jax, especially after everything that has happened, is a bad loving idea?

Gemma in :smug: mode now. Get her off my screen.

I'd like the quiet moments between Jax and Tara more if they weren't basically the same scene.

With as much blood as he lost in the back of that van, it's quite feasible that Bobby has more alcohol than blood in him right now.

Can we please stop talking about Bobby's dick? :gonk:

A clearly unhinged Juice with a pocketful of drugs in a brothel. This can only end with Sutter masturbating well.

I know that the intent is for me to be concerned about Juice, but given the course of the show, my real concern is for the safety of the prostitutes. :ohdear:

:cawg: Okay, this is just comical at this point. How many times has Jax has hosed the Irish over in the past 24 hours?

:confused: Now Jax fucks over the Chinese?

Aw man, Happy: they gave you Chinese food and cartoons. You could've at least made it quick.

Also, this goes down as Barn Incident #529. It could really use one of those little "# of Days Since Last Accident" signs, but replace "Accident" with "Murder."

Please. Please someone out there make sense of this gun running plot for me. I can follow all the nuances of Boardwalk Empire, but this is completely over my head.

And now Gemma is threatening to strangle chinchillas before Chucky's eyes. We've gone into full on Disney fairy tale villain, folks. :byodame:: "Maleficent ain't got poo poo on me!"

:sigh: "Jesus" count: 2

Wow, Gemma doing something to benefit someone else? :aaa: Well, I better not speak too soon: we don't know what she's going to hold over his head for that act of kindness.

:byodame: "Here's a taste of true evil, Juice!"

Juice trying again to kill himself and failing. I'm beginning to suspect that Sutter's poaching from old WWE storylines. Storylines that even the WWE is embarrassed to acknowledge.

Finally a real development in Juice's subplot, the one Son with a conscience. If his confession doesn't shake Nero out of Gemma and the Son's tendrils, nothing will.

Tara makes a move! And the plan she pulls out of her rear end seems to be more effective than her three-quarter season conspiracy plot. Though she almost certainly has signed her death warrant.

Except that Tara goes to a hotel? :sigh: Another example of Sutter not committing to the plot he's set up.

Annnd montage. So after all of that, it's season 2's ending all over again? If she hitches a ride with Conor to Ireland...

Oh by the way, Clay died yesterday, Charming time. Remember him? The guy that killed Jax's father to become leader of the MC? Beat Jax's mother? Put the kill order out on Opie's wife and his father? Bit a guy's face off? Yep, treated like an afterthought. That should've been the finale, not this meandering episode that would've made more sense one or two episodes ago.

How about that school shooting? Yeah, that was from this season, too.

spronk posted:

I'm just glad Opie's wife has a job where she doesn't have to swim in bathtubs of pee.

So Robert Patrick (liquid Terminator 2) never showed up again other than his brief 30 second cameo, I wonder what that was all about.

Man, they introduced as an FBI agent and did nothing with him!

Well, what else is there to say other than BRING ON JUSTIFIED! :dance:

:Sutter: "Not just yet, cuntblogger!"

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 5, 2013

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

kill your idols posted:

who got shot trying to follow a hysterical woman into a truck while she was holding a shotgun?

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

GOT VIRUS FROM MP3 posted:

who got shot trying to follow a hysterical woman into a truck while she was holding a shotgun?

Yup. Nero went Call of Duty Sniper on him, and Jax ran down the old lady to just have Juice snuff out anyway. Than lied to Nero about making the call.

kill your idols fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 5, 2013

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Ghostpilot posted:

Well, what else is there to say other than BRING ON JUSTIFIED! :dance:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV> Sons of Anarchy: BRING ON JUSTIFIED!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

:wtf: is Tara's loving plan. She had a get out of jail free card then did...nothing?

gently caress so stupid.

• Locked thread