Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Kortel posted:

Any specific missions good for farming Rubedo? Seems like most missions on earth cap out at 27. Except for Mobile Defense but thats a crap shot depending on hosts.

Valefor in Europa. Whether by design or by mistake, 95% of the resource drops on it are chunks of rubedo. It's a defense mission, so you can run it for as long as you can stand it, and it's against infested which means it's exceptionally easy to defend the pod since they're entirely melee dependent. Hanging out from the beginning just to wave 10 will net you like 400-600 rubedo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Thanks I'll start heading that direction after I get the Ember prints.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Kortel posted:

Any specific missions good for farming Rubedo? Seems like most missions on earth cap out at 27. Except for Mobile Defense but thats a crap shot depending on hosts.

Cyath is good for Rubedo. I think Rubedo drops in reasonable amounts from Tower missions. Also try to supplement your farming with Titan Extractors.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
What's the hotspot for neurodes? Also, now that golem is gone, is Alad V the go-to pinnata for neural sensor now?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

wid posted:

What's the hotspot for neurodes? Also, now that golem is gone, is Alad V the go-to pinnata for neural sensor now?

Cyath is good for neurodes, you can generally get 2 or 3 per run.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

wid posted:

Earth is a decent bet. If you don't feel like slaughtering Hek (the boss) endlessly, you could probably run Eurasia (infested mobile defense) a bunch and get a pile of Rubedo in the process, or Cambria if you're in more of a survival mood.

Eris is also good, it's usually not too hard to find people to run Cyath for some easy weapon XP with a side benefit of plastids (which you'll be wanting a ton of eventually for clan weapons anyway).

Jupiter is your only real choice for neural sensors, and if you have a build that can stomp Alad V reliably, go nuts. A survival mission is also an option here. Elara is currently popular since Anti MOAs can drop the pistol toxic mod and they show up in large numbers there.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Kortel posted:

This isn't a mission, but cheesing the extractors I place on Europa gets me 400-500 rubedo about every four hours.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

amuayse posted:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/142881-the-five-stages-of-warframe/?p=1694011
tl;dr Warframe gets boring once you get the stuff you want, and has no good endgame. Truth be told, Power Rangers in Space does get a little thin after you start getting lots of the shiny stuff.

It's a decent post, but I think here's the thing he's completely overlooking:

the post posted:

Ask yourself what mods will drop two years from now.
This game likely wasn't budgeted for a two-year life cycle. Welcome to the F2P business model - it's not a system that lends itself to long-lasting titles like subscription MMOs end up as.

If they're going to go to all the effort of totally overhauling the game like that, then why bother making it a patch - make it Warframe 2 and cash in on everyone having to buy into everything all over again.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
I'll be happy if they just add more mission types. Like, make it more interactive and dynamic by having you select which path you're going to take (after hacking a terminal) and affect the environment. For instance, make sub-bosses that are tough to take down because they have a ton of shield, but you can first go to the atmosphere control room, kill the guards there and hack or destroy the control, dropping the temperature to sub-zero thus ruining everyone's shields. Or you noticed there's a lab with technocyte virus being researched. Sabotage that and unleashed the Infested on the guards (that you might have to kill too).

They could also add *optional* side missions that are generated randomly, for rare drops. Just like Stalker, who is a random side mission (though not optional).

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
On PS4 so harvesters are a no go. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Kortel posted:

On PS4 so harvesters are a no go. Thanks for the heads up guys.

I've been doing Europa defense missions a bunch the last few days and getting 600-700 Rubedo a run. If I run some later today I'll bring you along.

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Dec 4, 2013

Diet Lime
Aug 11, 2013

by toby

Coldbird posted:

It's a decent post, but I think here's the thing he's completely overlooking:
This game likely wasn't budgeted for a two-year life cycle. Welcome to the F2P business model - it's not a system that lends itself to long-lasting titles like subscription MMOs end up as.

If they're going to go to all the effort of totally overhauling the game like that, then why bother making it a patch - make it Warframe 2 and cash in on everyone having to buy into everything all over again.

Most people with time invested would be pissed off and quit.

Also, you're wrong. Just because a title doesn't have a huge initial budget doesn't mean it can't keep on trucking. Upkeep for a video game server isn't very high.

Also, the endgame of every PvE coop game is fairly bland and limited. I've never seen one where that wasn't the case in some capacity.

Diet Lime fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Dec 4, 2013

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

WeaponBoy posted:

This post was linked in that thread and is also a pretty good read: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/137875-a-complete-rework-of-the-foundation-of-warframe/

It gets a little bit wishlist-y at points, but I really like some of the points like 'get rid of serration-type "required" mods' and 'all warframe powers should be baseline'. If you ever have a player going into a level without all of the class powers you have failed as a designer.

He falls into the amateur power hour trap of basically deciding because there are serious problems in the gameplay you need to burn half of it and start over again, when really there's a bunch of relatively easy fixes for that which require much less work (give abilities their own dedicated slots like Auras, possibly with no energy costs, give weapons innate damage boosts for leveling up).

It's basically 10/10 on recognizing issues, 2/10 on figuring out how to fix them. Which ironically is kind of like Damage 2.0. :p

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

MJ12 posted:

He falls into the amateur power hour trap of basically deciding because there are serious problems in the gameplay you need to burn half of it and start over again, when really there's a bunch of relatively easy fixes for that which require much less work (give abilities their own dedicated slots like Auras, possibly with no energy costs, give weapons innate damage boosts for leveling up).

It's basically 10/10 on recognizing issues, 2/10 on figuring out how to fix them. Which ironically is kind of like Damage 2.0. :p

Probably a better solution to giving weapons innate damage boosts would be to axe damage boosts, multishot, and the crit boosts altogether and flatten off the damage curve. Probably tune down the elemental damage boosts to like 30% at max rank while you're at it. Adjusting enemy health to compensate, of course. That way players are more likely to actually use new weapons instead of duct-taping them to their back and leeching their way through the first dozen or so levels.

Diet Lime
Aug 11, 2013

by toby
That and this game does have an infinite endgame challenge because it's survival modes will in theory break any character no matter how powerful?

I could be wrong about that.

Regardless, people still play Left 4 Dead 2 with no progression mechanics at all and I think a lot of goons are stuck in pipe dream mode when it comes to video games.

There's a lot of improvement to be made in Warframe but I definitely don't seeing it as being abandoned (or replaced) any time soon. Reading the community hub there is a very solid pool of not-so-fiscally-smarts buying frames and the like with platinum; beating their heads (and wallets) against the game because they don't have a cult to help them break the ice and aren't smart enough to even read the wiki.

Those players don't think about or care that the damage model isn't perfect or that some cards are mandatory; it's because they're stupid: but it keeps the game alive for the people who aren't.

Warframe fills a niche, too.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
The base damage changing so massively, and everything else building off of it, is the problem. Nothing else is as meaningful as base damage. Baking damage into weapon level does nothing.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Honestly, why are there even mods that straight up increase the raw damage of a weapon?

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Denzine posted:

The base damage changing so massively, and everything else building off of it, is the problem. Nothing else is as meaningful as base damage. Baking damage into weapon level does nothing.

It does something very important, actually. It divorces the majority of the DPS of the weapon from RNG luck and mods.

I mean, flattening damage curves significantly like Male Man says (and possibly even Warframe toughness) would also work. ME3's system, where a maxed out weapon has maybe 30% more raw damage than a lv1 one and a maxed out character maxes out at maybe 100% more durability could also work, although I like noticeable increases in damage.

That's personal preference though.

Kessel posted:

Honestly, why are there even mods that straight up increase the raw damage of a weapon?

It made some sense before Update 7, when a damage mod gave you maybe 25% damage for a really really good one, while things like say, +Magazine Size could be +100%. At that point a damage mod was great to have but not overpowering.

Then post Update 7, they decided to burn every passive benefit and bake them into mods because (???) I'm serious, I normally can at least see why DE did something boneheaded that they did, but I literally cannot comprehend what they were thinking there. And when people like me brought up that no passive improvements were bullshit, DE reneged on Warframes but completely forgot about weapons and I don't know why.

MJ12 fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 4, 2013

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
My idea for weapons: Remove +damage and +multishot, since they don't actually do anything interesting. Increase base damage by level to compensate. Change +elemental damage mods to change a percentage of the base damage to that type. Add a bunch more mods with upside/downsides, so that you can turn a Soma into a high ammo bullet hose or a slow firing death cannon or a crit-based corrosive bullet shooter.

For frames: Powers shouldn't take up mod card slots. Split the mod slots up between Power slots (which increase/modify powers) and Warframe slots (which increase health/shields/stamina/speed etc.)

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
Seems like it would be easier (in theory) to roll out new weapons when you don't have to worry about damage scaling.

Just pick a base damage number and then send it out the door, and then players use mods to make up the difference and figure out what works/doesn't work for that weapon.

It makes players focus more on getting the right damage mods for each weapon instead of criticizing the damage scaling and complaining that the devs need to nerf/buff this or that weapon.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
The majority of your DPS now comes from stacking elemental and crit and multishot mods which rely on mods and RNG(to drop mods).

You've changed nothing.

edit: The elemental mods, and slash/impact/pierce mods, need to be transformative.

edit2: vvv Yes, you want base damage, multishot and elemental damage. ignore the Piercing/blunt/slashing mods, they are not worth the slots. Crit is great on Soma and Synapse.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 4, 2013

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Actually, now's probably a good time to question Damage 2.0. Back when I played people liked to stack +damage and something else I think, but what are the best mods to typically stack on weapons now? Still +damage and something else?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yes, still +damage and something else. The usual one seems to be the Corrosive element combo. +puncture/slashing/impact mods aren't as useful now, though, since they only increase the weapon's base damage of that type.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Clocks posted:

Actually, now's probably a good time to question Damage 2.0. Back when I played people liked to stack +damage and something else I think, but what are the best mods to typically stack on weapons now? Still +damage and something else?

Literally nothing has changed, +damage, +multishot and elemental mods are still the top priority (plus crit mods on the few weapons with high base crit). The only difference is that now it makes a difference what order you have elemental mods in, and they added a toxin elemental type. Oh, and +armor piercing is bad now - you only use a mod that adds a damage type bonus (slashing/piercing/crushing) if the weapon is almost entirely that type. For all their talk of "getting rid of rainbow builds", the rainbow build is alive and well.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Coldbird posted:

Warframe: Tenno of the Orokin Empire.

edit:

chumbler posted:

That's what we all kind of expected corrupted mods to be. Instead we got a mix of mods that are an upside nobody cares about on an awful downside that is a loving 10 level rare mod (hi tainted magazine) or something with an insane upside and irrelevant downside that is trivially easy to level.

I harp on this a lot, but it's really becoming apparent to me that a good portion of DE's developers don't seem to actually play the game.

Rhino Vanguard Helmet. Literally takes away the Rhino's only weakness for an easily overcome penalty that doesn't really matter anyway.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Piell posted:

Add a bunch more mods with upside/downsides, so that you can turn a Soma into a high ammo bullet hose or a slow firing death cannon or a crit-based corrosive bullet shooter.

That's what we all kind of expected corrupted mods to be. Instead we got a mix of mods that are an upside nobody cares about on an awful downside that is a loving 10 level rare mod (hi tainted magazine) or something with an insane upside and irrelevant downside that is trivially easy to level.

I harp on this a lot, but it's really becoming apparent to me that a good portion of DE's developers don't seem to actually play the game.

Edit: To be slightly generous to Warframe's customization, I can't really think of any games that have managed to do customization well in the sense of that customization being transformational rather than just more numbers.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 4, 2013

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Schubalts posted:

Yes, still +damage and something else. The usual one seems to be the Corrosive element combo. +puncture/slashing/impact mods aren't as useful now, though, since they only increase the weapon's base damage of that type.

Piell posted:

Literally nothing has changed, +damage, +multishot and elemental mods are still the top priority (plus crit mods on the few weapons with high base crit). The only difference is that now it makes a difference what order you have elemental mods in, and they added a toxin elemental type. Oh, and +armor piercing is bad now - you only use a mod that adds a damage type bonus (slashing/piercing/crushing) if the weapon is almost entirely that type. For all their talk of "getting rid of rainbow builds", the rainbow build is alive and well.

Thanks for the responses! +armor piercing is the other one I was thinking of pre 2.0 so it's good to know it's not really necessary now, so I'll keep that in mind. I'll have to find some +toxin element mods or whatever to get a corrosive combo going.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

chumbler posted:

I'm starting to think all the decisions are coming down to 2-3 guys that absolutely MUST have their vision of whatever fulfilled regardless of it's actual impact on the game. With no one in a position to effectively call them on it. That's the only way I can see some of this dumb poo poo that makes no real sense sneaking in when it's obviously a bad idea to everyone in the community who can see whatever sneak previews they give us.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I personally think it would be cool if the Grineer/Corpus decides to shut down all systems so you kick out the windows and go on a EVA, Dead Space style.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/143351-update-1120/

quote:

Changes:
Warframe Armor Buff across the board: All Warframes have received a buff to their Armor stat.

Ash: Buffed to 65 (from 50).
Banshee: Buffed to 15 (from 10).
Ember: Buffed to 15, (from 10).
Excalibur: Buffed to 65 (from 50).
Frost: Buffed to 190, (from 150).
Loki: Buffed to 65 (from 50).
Mag: Buffed to 65 (from 50).
Nekros: Buffed to 65 (from 50).
Nova: Buffed to 65 (from 50).
Nyx: Buffed to 15 (from 10).
Rhino: Buffed to 190, (from 150).
Saryn: Buffed to 155, (from 125).
Trinity: Buffed to 15 (from 10).
Valkyr: Buffed to 300 (from 200).
Vauban: Buffed to 50, (from 40).
Volt: Buffed to 15 (from 10).

Incoming private messages will now also be shown in Clan chat when in-game.
Changed Banshee Alt Helmet Alerts to include style type, “Reverb” or “Chorus”.
We now display active Alerts whether or not the planet has been unlocked to improve awareness.
Changed mouse-scroll only occurring in the Social Menu if your mouse is hovering over said Menu.
Changes to Trading confirmation pop-ups:
- We now show rarity of Mods as well as Rank, to prevent “Fusion Core Fraud”.
- More visibility to the items involved in the trade to increase awareness at every step of the trade.
- Switched order of getting/giving for the trade accept confirmation, to be consistent with the new offer confirmation. What you are giving is always first, what you are getting is second (matches the slots as well, giving on top, getting on the bottom)
- Tweaked Radiation Proc to not last as long on players and is more obvious when active.

Fixes:
Fixed issues with End of Mission XP numbers in the UI showing a lower amount than what was being received. Players were seeing less XP in the UI than they were actually receiving in the Database! For example, you may have finished a mission with Nekros receiving 28,000 XP in the GAME UI, but in the Database you were actually getting 54,000 XP.
Fixed Tutorial not being replayable.
Fixed Captain Vor becoming unkillable and not doing anything when affected by his viral proc. His viral proc now does viral DOT instead of the default max health reduction effect.
Fixed issue that would visually skew Dojo Costs if you visited another clan’s Dojo in a higher tier.
Fixed selections made in Arsenal prior to missions starting not saving after the mission is complete and you return to your Arsenal.
Fixed bolt type projectiles not always causing enemies to ragdoll on death (and thus not pinning them).
Fixed Kick/Punch style weapons not ragdolling enemies with charge attacks.
Fixed Steam Acheivements for Play Time not being updated Retroactively – visit your Profile while playing through Steam to activate.
Fixed Desecrate not working on Crawlers.
Fixed script error in Trinity's Well of Life that would cause power-in-use bug.
Fixed script error in Valkyr's Rip Line ability that would cause power-in-use bug.
Fixed News & Alerts panel breaking when more than 3 news entries exist.
Fixed issues with dead Grineer’s helmets floating and staying around.
Fixed for being able to collect items multiple times from the Resource Drones/Extractors.
Fixed Zanuka trying to revive Alad V after he is truly dead and gone.
Fixed issue where Arsenal would become inaccessible at times (greyed out).
Fixed Valkyr's Rip Line being usable on downed players.
Fixed switching to main weapon when picking up a datamass with the codex scanner equipped.
Fixed Nyx and Valkyr being vulnerable to Procs from Disruptor and others when Absorb or Hysteria are active.
Fixed Nekros Shroud Helmet Alert giving Raknis, a 12 hour Shroud Alert is coming shortly.
Fixed issue with objective marker breaking in the Gas Cities tile set.
Fixed laser doors not knocking you down, potentially fixes inability to melee after knockdown.
Fixed Syandana’s PhysX not functioning properly when fighting Mine Ospreys.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Armor is now slightly more than 50% as effective as it was pre-update 11. Progress!

edit: well, not quite. Not everyone got the full 50% increase. Slightly less progress!

Male Man fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 4, 2013

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Is there any way to restart an account for this? I totally goobered up my PS+ platinum not knowing what I was doing.

All I want is the color packs... :negative:

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Dewgy posted:

Is there any way to restart an account for this? I totally goobered up my PS+ platinum not knowing what I was doing.

There is no way to restart an account, you would have to create a new account to start over.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Dewgy posted:

DE has only done it once, for closed beta testers.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
In the Codex, what does it mean for an enemy to have [element-type]++? Does that mean they're resistant to that type of damage, or weak to it?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

hooah posted:

In the Codex, what does it mean for an enemy to have [element-type]++? Does that mean they're resistant to that type of damage, or weak to it?

That's weakness.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Yaos posted:

There is no way to restart an account, you would have to create a new account to start over.

Well poo poo. It's like thirty bucks worth of platinum to get these dumb things. Oh well. If I feel like paying thirty bucks for this game down the line I guess I'll just bite the bullet.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Dewgy posted:

Well poo poo. It's like thirty bucks worth of platinum to get these dumb things. Oh well. If I feel like paying thirty bucks for this game down the line I guess I'll just bite the bullet.

Does the PS4 get platinum coupons as login rewards? Plat's pretty easy to get on discount for PC accounts between voucher resellers, Steam sales, and an in-game coupon every couple of weeks.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
What's with the loving flocks of Shield Ospreys on Elara? I've played it twice so far, and both times they were just everywhere. Maybe I just don't do enough high-level Corpus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Male Man posted:

Does the PS4 get platinum coupons as login rewards? Plat's pretty easy to get on discount for PC accounts between voucher resellers, Steam sales, and an in-game coupon every couple of weeks.

Nope. There isn't a way to do this currently. They are supposedly working on it.