Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Caustic Soda posted:

That sounds interesting, does Obfuscate work, or is it solely dependent on Sneaking? Is there a particular level of Sneaking you need for it to be feasible?

Either way works, as far as I know.

The Clan Quest Mod really is a requirement for anyone replaying the game nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Fuzz posted:

Either way works, as far as I know.

The Clan Quest Mod really is a requirement for anyone replaying the game nowadays.

I still have the unpackaged CQM on my computer, that I could probably put into a .zip and host somewhere. Because I remember having issues finding the CQM stuff as well.

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010
That's kind of you to offer, but I found 4 different links on the very first hit of a google search, just by typing in "Clan Quest Mod". Granted I haven't tried them out yet, I'll do that later today when I've gotten some more sleep, but they're there.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fuzz posted:

quote:

Over 1,000 new dialogue lines, with main characters voiced by
semi-professional voice actors!

Hm.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Caustic Soda posted:

That's kind of you to offer, but I found 4 different links on the very first hit of a google search, just by typing in "Clan Quest Mod". Granted I haven't tried them out yet, I'll do that later today when I've gotten some more sleep, but they're there.

Uh, the link in the second post still goes to a download page for CQM... am I missing something?

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

I just got something. Gimble's prosthetics. Richard Kimble.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Grandmaster.flv posted:

I just got something. Gimble's prosthetics. Richard Kimble.

Yep.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

It's not quite Deus Ex but I do notice new things every play through

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

I think the actual voice actor for Lacroix did all the new Lacroix lines. Other than that, I recall the fresh talent being okay at best.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Does Presence give any new dialogue options or is it just a boring debuff full stop?

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Benito Hitlerstalin posted:

Does Presence give any new dialogue options or is it just a boring debuff full stop?

In vanilla, it's a boring debuff. I think Camarilla Edition adds or is planning to add to pursuasion.

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.
I think I've found a bug in the Giovanni mansion and I'm hoping someone else knows about it and how to fix it...

Apparently this kind of bug has happened to a lot of people with Jack in the tutorial, basically what happens is that when I talk to this girl in the mansion (the one in white, with the "Beautiful, I know" line), after that the only possible response I get is "I do not have a valid reply". At first I thought nothing of it, assuming it was a quirky reply but for whatever reason I decided to google this thing and learned it was actually a bug. Please tell me someone knows about this and I can fix it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
She's not required to advance if that helps.

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.
Yeah I know but it's still bothering me a lot. I want to fix it

E: I managed to fix the bug... not sure why this happens but basically if you enter the mansion without an invitation (dominating the guard or sneaking in the back) Nadia's text bugs out. Weird stuff.

Highblood fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 9, 2013

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I have a weird nagging question about Bloodlines I've never been able to answer, but it's not really about gameplay or story.

My wife has always wanted to have the quest completed and generic phone-ringing sounds as ringtones on her cell phone. You can find almost every sound the game uses deep in the resources files but for some reason those two sounds just don't seem to exist anywhere in there. Does anybody know where or how to find those files?

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Mendrian posted:

My wife has always wanted to have the quest completed and generic phone-ringing sounds as ringtones on her cell phone. You can find almost every sound the game uses deep in the resources files but for some reason those two sounds just don't seem to exist anywhere in there. Does anybody know where or how to find those files?

Can you be more specific on the phone sound, like a description or analog vs digital ringer? There's phoneshake.wav in \Vampire\sound\area\santa_monica\ocean_house\shakes but not much else that comes up with a directory search for "phone" or "ring"

I can poke around this old installation for the other noise later.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Mendrian posted:

I have a weird nagging question about Bloodlines I've never been able to answer, but it's not really about gameplay or story.

I've found the Quest complete sound, it's still in the .vpk files so you have to extract it yourself, if you've installed the UP look in Extras and use VPKTool. Just point it at pack000.vpk

It's sound\interface\infobar\quest_complete.wav and you might want to get \quest_log_updated.wav as well,

fake edit: I also found a sound\environmental\machines\telephone.wav in there but it might not be the exact one you want.

I would just give them to you but I don't know of a good file host.

Edit: VVV Thanks , here they are http://filesmelt.com/dl/VtMB.zip

Hel fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jan 29, 2014

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Filesmelt.com is quick and easy to use.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This is a month old, but I don't believe it has been posted anywhere:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-12-ccp-re-evaluates-world-of-darkness-looses-more-staff

quote:

Eve Online maker CCP has re-evaluated vampire MMO World of Darkness and let go of 15 staff at the Atlanta studio making it.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Good god I hope they don't screw it up. This is honestly the only MMORPG I have any interest in playing anymore.

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.

Minorkos posted:

Good god I hope they don't screw it up. This is honestly the only MMORPG I have any interest in playing anymore.

Overly secretive, rumored delays, staff layoffs, flagging momentum of the actual tabletop brand....

I gotta say it's not looking good. Didn't they even at one point say they had to completely start over? Or am I imagining that from another ne'er do well project?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Gyrotica posted:

flagging momentum of the actual tabletop brand....

Not sure which metric you're using for that - OPP have been doing well with all the 20th Anniversary kickstarters, there's a steady stream of well-received nWoD supplements, and the upcoming Demon reboot is looking fantastic (not so much the case for Exalted 3, but oh well, can't have everything).

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Gyrotica posted:

Overly secretive, rumored delays, staff layoffs, flagging momentum of the actual tabletop brand....

I gotta say it's not looking good. Didn't they even at one point say they had to completely start over? Or am I imagining that from another ne'er do well project?

Kind of. They were building an engine that was to be shared between EVE and WoD and had presented a working demo of the former at EVE Fanfest 2008. It then got awfully quiet and some time in 2010(ish), it was revealed that they had thrown that engine out as part of their “coreification” project — basically repurposing large chunks of EVE code into coherent and individual bits. I don't think they ever said exactly what about it didn't work, but considering the abysmal mess they released in 2011, the best guess is “everything”.

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Not sure which metric you're using for that - OPP have been doing well with all the 20th Anniversary kickstarters, there's a steady stream of well-received nWoD supplements, and the upcoming Demon reboot is looking fantastic (not so much the case for Exalted 3, but oh well, can't have everything).

Anecdotal evidence (the best kind of evidence!) in terms of it seeming like they're becoming much more insular and not attempting to expand, merely work with the people they've got.

I could be wrong, and that would be awesome. In spite of their history of absolutely horrible editorial control they still hold a place in my heart.

Verloc
Feb 15, 2001

Note to self: Posting 'lulz' is not a good idea.

Gyrotica posted:

CCP has never really had a good strategic plan for the WoD MMO. There was that whole Incarna expansion / monoclegate fiasco back in 2011 when CCP was pretty transparently trying to double-dip the EVE subscriber base by milking them for cash while using EVE as a beta platform for engine technology obviously destined for other games. Their subscriber base rightly told them to get hosed, and they had to retrench back to providing actual spaceship content for their spaceship MMO. CCP canned a bunch of WoD people then as well so they could focus on Dust 514 and getting the EVE subscribers happy again. Dust has been pretty mediocre, and the EVE Online interaction has basically amounted to a fart in a windstorm. The WoD project could be horribly mismanaged, but it seems like all the delays and layoffs have really stemmed from CCP biting off more than they could chew or dropping the ball elsewhere in the company, and then cutting WoD's budget as part of their recovery strategy. I'm hoping that EVE:Valkyrie is a huge hit when it's released, because 1. Oculus Rift + Wing Commander style space dogfighting? Yes please. and 2. Hopefully it'll give CCP a much needed cash infusion to rebuild the WoD team and get it back on track.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
CCP seems to be good at making their spaceship game and basically nothing else. At least they were willing to license out the WoD to Onyx Path and By Night Studios and let them put out new books.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Gyrotica posted:

Doom 4 :v:

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
So I recently got this game and I'm very new to PC gaming. I got it through steam and tried launching it, and it gave me an error saying my available memory was less than 15MBs. I guess that the patch is supposed to help but I don't know how to install patches.

I got the latest Wesp5 patch (8.8) and ran it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines\Vampire and it said it installed the plus version, but I'm still getting the same error message.

I have Win8 1.0 64bit and I'm using steam. Help!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
That's probably because you have over 4GB of RAM - try finding Bloodlines' executable in the Steam directory and changing its compatibility to Win XP.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

steinrokkan posted:

That's probably because you have over 4GB of RAM - try finding Bloodlines' executable in the Steam directory and changing its compatibility to Win XP.

Uhm I don't know how to do this so hard that I barely know what it means.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
In that case there's a forum thread about various solutions to the problem, including pretty detailed walkthroughs. Hope it helps.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

The Antitribu mod is very close to release, apparently: Announcement. Pre-warning that the thread is awful.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011
Okay, so has CQM been updated past 3.0? Trying to grab the latest, but I noticed that it may not have been updated to also be used with Wesp's latest fan patch. Could I install the fan patch and then CQM on top of it if that is the case? I'll dig a little deeper, but a lot of that info doesn't seem to be updated in the past year, year and a half.

e: looks like they can't be combined. I guess the remaining question is, is there a new CQM version floating around? Seems neat, I've not played since last year and haven't completed the game, so I guess worst case scenario the UP 8.8 or whatever will be fine for now. I just saw that CQM was highly goon recommended these days and want the best experience possible.

Fosson fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 31, 2014

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Pope Guilty posted:

CCP seems to be good at making their spreadsheet game and basically nothing else. At least they were willing to license out the WoD to Onyx Path and By Night Studios and let them put out new books.

Fixed that one for ya'

That said, they're not even great at that. You regularly hear insane things from the devs like "Yeah nobody here knows who wrote the warp code and none of us really understand it, so we can't change _____ right now"

:stare:

I really wanted to like the WoD MMO, especially with CCP at the helm. For all its flaws (many, many flaws) EVE is uniquely substantial compared to every other MMO ever made. Its real, because everybody is a person and everybody plays on the same server. So things hold weight. Comparing EVE to WoW is like comparing WoW to a single player game; the mechanics are just completely different.

But that said, from the first announcement, when they had NOTHING to show, I knew this one was gonna die the slow death. And then when like 6 years go by with not so much as a proper trailer... its hosed. There's no way that game isn't in the middle of development hell.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

To be fair, they recently fixed the warp code… :D

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Olaf The Stout posted:

Uhm I don't know how to do this so hard that I barely know what it means.

Keep posting here if you're puzzled, people will talk you through it - it's not too complicated.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Fosson posted:

Okay, so has CQM been updated past 3.0? Trying to grab the latest, but I noticed that it may not have been updated to also be used with Wesp's latest fan patch. Could I install the fan patch and then CQM on top of it if that is the case? I'll dig a little deeper, but a lot of that info doesn't seem to be updated in the past year, year and a half.

e: looks like they can't be combined. I guess the remaining question is, is there a new CQM version floating around? Seems neat, I've not played since last year and haven't completed the game, so I guess worst case scenario the UP 8.8 or whatever will be fine for now. I just saw that CQM was highly goon recommended these days and want the best experience possible.

I believe the Clan Quest Mod has all of WESP's content included so no need to fret about that.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Every Wesp patch in the last 3 years has been redundant moving around of poo poo, so don't ever worry about compatibility or saves being invalidated by a new version, ever.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Super late to the party but thanks so much for finding those files and telling me how to find more. Holy crap thanks goons.

I'm trying to get the Experience_Rewarded.wav file out of there too but every time I try to extract the file with the Quick and Dirty VPK Extractor, it says '1 file extracted successfully' but it doesn't actually go anywhere. Also I apparently don't have the basic Valve VPK.EXE file anywhere on my computer, is that normal?

Mendrian fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Feb 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Fosson posted:

There is a version of CQM that somebody made which at least includes the library level.

http://www.planetvampire.com/forum/index.php?topic=6307.0

I don't actually know if it has the rest of the patch that introduced the library level, though. This is, however, the the most likely option until Burgermeister finishes the next actual update.

• Locked thread