Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Haha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DUDE

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:stare: Holy loving poo poo Ollie

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jesus, Ollie :stare:

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women
Now THAT is an older brother.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
I know hysterical laughter is the wrong reaction to that scene, but I don't want to be right.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
I mean, he did just imply he was going to drag Thea into an incredibly dangerous situation. Perfectly normal older brother response, really.

If the older brother has a bow and arrow, and is potentially homicidal.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Gahahahaha Barrowman is such a dick

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jesus Ollie, you dick.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

WHAT

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
Oh holy poo poo, Moira.

Holy poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Moira brings the pain.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Whoa.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:allears: This loving series.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Moira has Ra's on speed dial somehow.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I want to see Ra's in this show so goddamned bad.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

gently caress yeah, Moira

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Did not see that coming at all.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo, man!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Uh, let's hope that was just Ketamine that Oliver got injected with.

DID THEY JUST KILL SLADE?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Uh did Oliver just get stuck in the leg with the blood or the ketamine?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Goddamn, Ollie got wrecked.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dart in your neck.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

DID THEY JUST KILL SLADE?

Of course not, he's gonna come back as some kind of unstoppable zombie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was knocked out and kidnapped by Black Driver.

Edit: Next week Ollie gets a proper mask.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Now that's a drat cliffhanger.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

Deadpool posted:

Now that's a drat cliffhanger.

Oh my god that was so good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh good, this wasn't the midseason finale.

Also they're only taking a month off. I'm used to CW shows taking way longer than that.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Good Christ, that final scene with Barry waking up and slowly realizing where he was gave me goosebumps.
Moira is besties with Ra's.
Slade is dead.
Roy is kicking his life of vigilantism into high gear.
Grundy.

Series best episode maybe?

Deakul fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 5, 2013

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I loving loved the Girl who Kicked the Hornets Nest reference in the final fight She does the same thing with a nail gun and nail guns the villians feet to the ground then proceeds to the beat down

That beat down at the end with the big bad was pretty awesome.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Deakul posted:

Good Christ, that final scene with Barry waking up and slowly realizing where he was gave me goosebumps.
Moira is besties with Ra's.
Slade is dead.
Roy is kicking his life of vigilantism into high gear.
Grundy.

Series best episode maybe?

Ollie fucken shot Roy in the leg because he almost had a clue that wouldn't turn into a real lead because Roy doesn't have the resources Ollie does. This miracle poo poo really pisses him off.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

raditts posted:

Of course not, he's gonna come back as some kind of unstoppable zombie.

"What happened to Slade?" Canary

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, her question doesn't make any sense if it just ends there.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Slade isn't dead. I'm pretty sure that they just appear dead and then revive if the serum works.

e: I have read none of the comics ever, so this is conjecture.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There is no conjecture needed here. As stated above we know Slade doesn't die there because Sara has already asked about him in the present day.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Good episode, but I don't know if I like the idea of time travel being introduced to the Arrow universe, which it clearly is given Barry's backstory.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 5, 2013

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

bbf2 posted:

Good episode, but I don't know if I like the idea of time travel being introduced to the Arrow universe, which it clearly is given Barry's backstory.

Yeah well now that we have super strength muscles of concrete I don't think time travel would break the realism of the show as much as it would have in series one (earthquake machine excepted).

Can't wait till next weeks episode, Barry was excellent.

And hey if the flash show doesn't get picked up he can always become a guest actor on Arrow :D

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 5, 2013

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

MrFlibble posted:

Yeah well now that we have super strength muscles of concrete I don't think time travel would break the realism of the show as much as it would have in series one (earthquake machine excepted).

Can't wait till next weeks episode, Barry was excellent.

And hey if the flash show doesn't get picked up he can always become a guest actor on Arrow :D

Super powers is a way different animal than time travel. I wasn't complaining about the "realism," more about the fact that time travel stuff can get messy and change timelines and continuity.

On the other hand I was kind of in awe when Barry was talking, thinking "Oh my God I can't believe they're really going the whole nine yards with this. This show is literally talking about Professor Zoom going back in time to murder Barry's mother."

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 5, 2013

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That was such a good episode (I swear I say that every week). The introduction of Barry was superb and Grant Gustin handled him really well and made me want to watch a series about the character. Using a typical super strong tanky kinda villain is a great way of introducing powers because it's not really much of a stretch from the normal action scene. When Ollie said he's seen some crazy things on the island I like to thank that each of the five years just got more and more insane with powers to match a constant ramping insanity in the show.

MrFlibble posted:

There is no way the spinoff is not getting picked up.

Rarity fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

bbf2 posted:

Super powers is a way different animal than time travel. I wasn't complaining about the "realism," more about the fact that time travel stuff can get messy and change timelines and continuity.

Hopefully they'll stick with whatever happens happened style time travel and that can be avoided. Otherwise, yeah. Total chaos. I still dislike that they are introducing superpowers. Increased strength, stamina etc is a whole different ballgame to super speed and time travel. If they didn't want to launch the flash series, I'm really not convinced that Arrow powers would have ever reached that league, but there you go.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 5, 2013

• Locked thread