Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Glenn_Beckett posted:

Mat. is actually the dumbest human on earth.

e: This september 11th famous phrase was said on september eleventh by september eleventh guy in what year?

Umm is it 1944 I'm a STUPID gently caress

Was that actually a famous thing? I live in NYC and I've never heard of that guy or heard anyone say that, with the possible exception of trailers for 9/11 movies years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

haveblue posted:

Was that actually a famous thing? I live in NYC and I've never heard of that guy or heard anyone say that, with the possible exception of trailers for 9/11 movies years ago.

I can't speak for the rest of the country, but in Wheaton, IL, where Todd Beamer went to college (and I lived at the time), it was a HUGE deal. The college even has a rec center named after him.

bmw9983
Jul 2, 2005
My wife is on the episode that airs tomorrow - a very interesting experience watching the whole process of taping a show like that.

Myst Hat
Jul 10, 2004

bmw9983 posted:

My wife is on the episode that airs tomorrow - a very interesting experience watching the whole process of taping a show like that.

Do tell. :allears:

bmw9983
Jul 2, 2005

Alex is an incredible pro at what he does - he switches right back into "TV" mode right when they start filming. He's also a very sarcastically-funny, nice guy - any bad reputation that he may have isn't true at all (at least from what I saw). If anyone has any questions I'll try to answer after she's done on the show.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

bmw9983 posted:

What is a unive?

bmw9983
Jul 2, 2005

zVxTeflon posted:

What is a unive?

Hah - an absurd final question, that's what it was.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
The corgi story screamed goon wife to me. Which one was your wife?

bmw9983
Jul 2, 2005
The other one actually, the attorney.

Death Bear
Apr 1, 2010
My local Fox affiliate has been playing baseball instead of Jeopardy some nights, so I thought it was a nationwide thing. I was pretty bummed to find out it isn't. I'd rather lose Wheel of Fortune to baseball than Jeopardy. :(

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

bmw9983 posted:

The other one actually, the attorney.

drat. That'll teach me to stereotype!

Ok, I need the help of goons. I remember back in the late 90's or early 2000's, the drummer from Faith No More (Mike Bordin/Puffy) was on Jeopardy. I would bet my life savings on this. However, I can't find anything online regarding this and his Wikipedia page says he was on Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Does anyone know if he was on Jeopardy or am I just crazy?

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

DaisyDanger posted:

drat. That'll teach me to stereotype!

Ok, I need the help of goons. I remember back in the late 90's or early 2000's, the drummer from Faith No More (Mike Bordin/Puffy) was on Jeopardy. I would bet my life savings on this. However, I can't find anything online regarding this and his Wikipedia page says he was on Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Does anyone know if he was on Jeopardy or am I just crazy?

J-Archive doesn't have anyone with the name of Bordin listed in any of their archived games.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

escape artist posted:

J-Archive doesn't have anyone with the name of Bordin listed in any of their archived games.

Yeah that's where I checked. I looked on YouTube and a variety of other places, but came up with nothing. I really could've sworn he was on there. Oh well!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

does he have a twitter? you can ask him

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

zVxTeflon posted:

does he have a twitter? you can ask him

Good idea. I just googled and found a Twitter account that might be him, but it's protected and he only has one follower. I think maybe I was just imagining things and I saw him on Who Wants to be a Millionaire instead of Jeopardy.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Was it Rock and Roll Jeopardy?

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Riptor posted:

Was it Rock and Roll Jeopardy?

All I remember about it was my parents saying "Hey, have you heard of this band Faith No More before?" and when I said yes, they told me the drummer was on the episode of Jeopardy they were watching. It was at least 10 years ago because I was in high school at the time, so I'm not sure if it was a special episode, like celebrity Jeopardy. I think it was just plain ol' Jeopardy.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Teacher's Tournament! I'm rooting for Anne, who's teaching her kindergarteners French.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Ugh. Final scores for the first game of the semi-finals of the Teacher's Tournament:

| $500 | $0 | $0 |

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

escape artist posted:

Ugh. Final scores for the first game of the semi-finals of the Teacher's Tournament:

| $500 | $0 | $0 |

Nothing will ever top the 0/0/0 in the teen tournament.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Nothing will ever top the 0/0/0 in the teen tournament.

Or the mirth in Alex's voice when he announced none of the three was moving on.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Skateboarding? An Olympic sport?

Dumbass

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Skateboarding? An Olympic sport?

Dumbass

Technically they didn't say Olympic sport, they said most watched on cable (which in retrospect, did mean as part of the Olympics broadcast). I was actually thinking "Baseball" since Moneyball had come out the previous year, and 2012 was the first Olympics without baseball.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

jscolon2.0 posted:

Technically they didn't say Olympic sport, they said most watched on cable (which in retrospect, did mean as part of the Olympics broadcast). I was actually thinking "Baseball" since Moneyball had come out the previous year, and 2012 was the first Olympics without baseball.

That confused me as well and I also thought baseball, based on Moneyball too.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

zakharov posted:

Teacher's Tournament! I'm rooting for Anne, who's teaching her kindergarteners French.

Going from the word of French she pronounced on that first day (I'm about 3 episodes behind) she certainly isn't doing it well. I didn't even recognize what word she was going for with the answer.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Two day combined total of $0

way to go

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Uh the winning guy gave an answer that was wrong. The opening lines category had one that was the opening line to The Gunslinger by Stephen King. He said 'The Dark Tower' which is the name of the series. And its also the name of a specific book in the series, so by giving that as the answer for book one he is clearly wrong and does not deserve to win.

:goonsay:

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

The Nozzle posted:

Uh the winning guy gave an answer that was wrong. The opening lines category had one that was the opening line to The Gunslinger by Stephen King. He said 'The Dark Tower' which is the name of the series. And its also the name of a specific book in the series, so by giving that as the answer for book one he is clearly wrong and does not deserve to win.

:goonsay:

Yeah, I noticed that too. Wonder if they'll address it, ever.

Also, when he wrote "I LOVE YOU DREW", I really hope he was writing to his partner. That made me :3:

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Amazing game yesterday.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Ok I rarely root for people to lose but holy poo poo Carlos the current champ is annoying. Stop making stupid faces and just answer the question!

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I will give him some credit: it takes a lot of guts to risk everything when you're already winning. Especially when you write down the wrong answer first.

errad
May 31, 2013

zakharov posted:

Ok I rarely root for people to lose but holy poo poo Carlos the current champ is annoying. Stop making stupid faces and just answer the question!

I have to agree with this - it's getting to be a bit much. Also (and the bar is really low) his anecdotes suck. I also had to root against the third person, who thought it would be really cool to write an exclamation point after his name.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I once competed against Carlos in the College Bowl competition. He's a cool guy and it's great to see him doing so well.

As soon as "Asia" was revealed as the Final Jeopardy category I knew he was going to wager a huge amount.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

zakharov posted:

I love his aggressive betting but I hate everything else about him

errad posted:

I have to agree with this - it's getting to be a bit much. Also (and the bar is really low) his anecdotes suck. I also had to root against the third person, who thought it would be really cool to write an exclamation point after his name.
This should never happen outside the Teen Tournament

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

errad posted:

BROCK!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

errad posted:

Also (and the bar is really low) his anecdotes suck.

boy does he have a whopper today!

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Carlos has too much head and not enough face.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

zVxTeflon posted:

boy does he have a whopper today!

Is Carlos a goon?

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I was so happy to see young Gustavo Fring end Carlos' reign of terror. You made Alex say anime, dude. Ugh. Fring's Bane impression wasn't bad either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Yeah I was very excited when Craig won. Goodbye forever, ~*anime reviewer*~ Carlos.