Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Wolvorine posted:

All I can see here is Superman's "Yep, I just nailed that" smug-face. It's just so damned smarmy.

When I look at that face, all I see is this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Wolvorine posted:

All I can see here is Superman's "Yep, I just nailed that" smug-face. It's just so damned smarmy.

That greenish glow on his thigh is coming from Hal Jordan swooping in from off-panel to bro-fist him.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

IUG posted:

Forget the gun or the arms. I can't figure out what that sentence means.

Times Square is home to MTV and an M&Ms store so what he's saying is:

I Before E posted:

wherever/whatever he is talking about is not as commercialized as Times Square is today, at least not yet.

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.

Brocktoon posted:

I was reading Morrison's New X-Men last night and came across this gem:

Is that supposed to be a sexy pose?

Probably not.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Brocktoon posted:

I was reading Morrison's New X-Men last night and came across this gem:

Is that supposed to be a sexy pose?

I always thought that panel was fine because, if I recall, it was supposed to be a foreboding scene and Emma looks appropriately sinister. V:shobon:V

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

It's a while back in the thread but wasn't there a tumblr or something dedicated to making fun of this pose and how impossible it actually it is to sit like this?

Tracula fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Nov 23, 2013

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
Don't diss Emma for cosplaying Gollum.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tracula posted:

It's a while back in the thread but wasn't there a tumblr or something dedicated to making fun of this pose and how impossible it actually it is to sit like this?

http://eschergirls.tumblr.com/

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Indestructible Hulk #15 has some pretty lovely art and the perspective in the second panel on this page is my favorite example.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Indestructible Hulk #15 has some pretty lovely art and the perspective in the second panel on this page is my favorite example.

Can this guy draw an expression that isn't either "NGRAAAH!" or "NGUUUH!"?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Did Banner just teleport into that jeep?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Did Banner just teleport into that jeep?

Oh come one, at least let them have the few seconds of time it would take to boringly (or angrily, either way!) walk to a jeep be off-panel. You're just looking for stuff to complain about with that one.

I like to imagine him revving the jeep a bit as he says things are about to change. *vroom vroom*

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
Nice perspective on the body hands and wheel in that second panel. Jeez....

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Drifter posted:

Oh come one, at least let them have the few seconds of time it would take to boringly (or angrily, either way!) walk to a jeep be off-panel. You're just looking for stuff to complain about with that one.

But if he walked all the way there, how come the people who want to stop him are so far in the back, and apparently still reeling from the slight shove?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lurdiak posted:

But if he walked all the way there, how come the people who want to stop him are so far in the back, and apparently still reeling from the slight shove?

Yes, let's taunt Bruce Banner by pointing out how puny his shoving is. There's no way that could wind up with our heads being punched off.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Maybe Banner's just stronger than people give him credit. He did manage to wrench that steering wheel through a 45 degree angle, after all.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

prefect posted:

Yes, let's taunt Bruce Banner by pointing out how puny his shoving is. There's no way that could wind up with our heads being punched off.

Banner hasn't been hit by the gamma bomb in this timeline yet (in fact it just missed him altogether) so to General Ross he's still just a dweeby science nerd. :ssh:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Banner hasn't been hit by the gamma bomb in this timeline yet (in fact it just missed him altogether) so to General Ross he's still just a dweeby science nerd. :ssh:

So now you're taunting the universe itself? You must have specially-fitted pants to handle your enormous balls. :ohdear:

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Man this makes so much more sense with the text.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Senor Candle posted:

Yup. My shop has had this poster in their window, and I actually asked them about this image when I last went in. It's good to know that, indeed, his shield was trying to back him off the cliff.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

IUG posted:

Yup. My shop has had this poster in their window, and I actually asked them about this image when I last went in. It's good to know that, indeed, his shield was trying to back him off the cliff.

Yeah I actually kinda wish the poster had all the text on it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Senor Candle posted:

This one, on the other hand, could live without the dialogue box.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

prefect posted:

So now you're taunting the universe itself? You must have specially-fitted pants to handle your enormous balls. :ohdear:

They're probably purple.

...the pants, that is.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Drifter posted:

I like to imagine him revving the jeep a bit as he says things are about to change. *vroom vroom*

Nah, it's because he's roughly the same size and in the same place in the first two panels, it does look a bit like he teleports. I read it a bit weird at first, too. Can't really figure out how that steering wheel works with the rest of him, too. It'd be fine if that second panel was zoomed out a little.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I love the art in The Flash so much.

I especially love the various ways they always work in the title into every issue.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011
More great 90's art, as I review Avengers: The Crossing on my blog: http://thepouchfiles.blogspot.com/2013/12/review-avengers-crossing.html

Art by Mike Deodato and his studio.

Black Widow's mystery hand.

Thor's new threads:

I actually think this one's just legitimately pretty good:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

I must be that one art history kid who's kind of annoyed that the theotokos doesn't look like the deranged medieval art it is.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm not a big fan of the Gaussian blur coloring in these images, and that weird splotch below GA in the second one, but ignoring that, there were some nice pages in today's Green Arrow.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

laz0rbeak posted:

More great 90's art, as I review Avengers: The Crossing on my blog: http://thepouchfiles.blogspot.com/2013/12/review-avengers-crossing.html

Art by Mike Deodato and his studio.

Black Widow's mystery hand.

Thor's new threads:

I actually think this one's just legitimately pretty good:

Mystery hand? I'm more concerned that she's stolen Mr. Fantastic's leg.

Thor has stolen clothes from He-Man, and I'm imagining that surprised dialogue is immediately followed by "What happened to your clothes?"

And the third one is a pretty nice team-pose, but it amuses me that Vision and Black Widow appear to be firing their eye beams/wrist guns into the air like whoopin' cowboys.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Star Man posted:

I must be that one art history kid who's kind of annoyed that the theotokos doesn't look like the deranged medieval art it is.

I kinda wish more places would use monkey jesus for background art. Serious or not it would make an amazing background piece for any panel.

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.

Darrow/Moebius

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

<3 Moebius forever. Incal was socool.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I was just going to say how much that image reminded me of Frank Miller's Hard Boiled when I realised it's the same artist.

Such a stupid comic, but so very pretty.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Who was the comic artist who draws really weird, wide mouth and lip movements, which makes everyone look as if their jaws had been dislocated? I can remember seeing a few pages of that guy's stuff posted here a couple times, but I can't remember the name!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DrSunshine posted:

Who was the comic artist who draws really weird, wide mouth and lip movements, which makes everyone look as if their jaws had been dislocated? I can remember seeing a few pages of that guy's stuff posted here a couple times, but I can't remember the name!

Humberto Ramos?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
That is likely, because he draws everything weird and terrible.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Here's all the Avengers #1 covers. It's basically been all down hill.

The Avengers #1 (1963) cover by Jack Kirby

The Avengers vol. 2, #1 (1996) cover by Rob Liefeld

The Avengers vol. 3, #1 (1998) cover by George Pérez

The Avengers vol. 4, #1 (2010) cover by John Romita Jr.

The Avengers vol. 5, #1 (2012) cover by Dustin Weaver

Some really good film Spider-Man

and a Galactus by Rafael Kayanan that competes with the James Stokoe version.

Waterhaul fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 7, 2013

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

DarkCrawler posted:

That is likely, because he draws everything weird and terrible.

Yeah, I think that was him! He did a run of Runaways and I was really weirded out by how twisty-looking everyone was.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

What's wrong with that 2012 Avengers cover? I also have no problem with that movie Spider-Man illustration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

IUG posted:

What's wrong with that 2012 Avengers cover? I also have no problem with that movie Spider-Man illustration.

2012 Avengers cover is really boring and I don't really know what Carol is supposed to be doing on the cover. Also the Spider-Man piece was supposed to be an example of good art anyway:v: