Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

horse mans posted:

Could you share your load order? That looks loving awesome.

The mods in effect there are just Nevada Skies (snowy weather), EVE and WME. Along with an ENB to tie everything up to make it look pretty alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Is there a mod that adds holsters/scabbards/slings to the weapons and/or character outfits? I'm sick of my pistols just sort of floating there off my character's hip.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Sunny Smiles is going to teach me how to survive in the Wasteland you guys :downs:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I continue to live in bitter disappointment that there is no mod to fix the glaring bug that is Sunny Smiles' voice acting.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
So downloaded a "merchants restock every day" mod because I am tired of putting up with The Sink's vendor's bullshit. But it turns out the problem isn't that; there's actually a bug that prevents it restocking if you're in the Sink cell (which of course you will be.) There's a fix for this alleged to work over here - has anyone used it? Is it the best fix for these issues?

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Capn Beeb posted:

I've never used FOOK, but god drat this sounds ambitious:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54398/

I've been using FOOK a lot and I love it. Haven't had any problems with it besides the obvious incompatibility between its nightvision system and Project Nevada's, which I'm assuming is solved by the mod you linked. Might have to give that a try.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CJacobs posted:

I continue to live in bitter disappointment that there is no mod to fix the glaring bug that is Sunny Smiles' voice acting.

"Cheyenne, stay. Don't worry, she won't bite unless I tell her too." :geno:

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

So downloaded a "merchants restock every day" mod because I am tired of putting up with The Sink's vendor's bullshit. But it turns out the problem isn't that; there's actually a bug that prevents it restocking if you're in the Sink cell (which of course you will be.) There's a fix for this alleged to work over here - has anyone used it? Is it the best fix for these issues?
I haven't tested it, but looking at the script it should work. Though I think all it would take is flagging the Sink's vendor container as a questitem and forcing a reset via a script isn't necesary.

FauxGateau posted:

"Cheyenne, stay. Don't worry, she won't bite unless I tell her too." :geno:
She says, as she immediatly grabs my camera as soon as I enter the Saloon before I even got the chance to see her dog.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 5, 2013

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Is there a mod that adds holsters/scabbards/slings to the weapons and/or character outfits? I'm sick of my pistols just sort of floating there off my character's hip.

Yes. Bear in mind you're going to run into clipping issues galore, but you could give these a try:
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/46192/
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37718/
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44625/

getting a holster to interact properly with your armor, stance, playermodel, and weapon is just a lot to ask for, so none of them are really awesome.

I think I used the one in the middle, based on some old Alexscorpion one, with a modded Sig P226 and it worked fine, but who knows, that was years ago.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
Is it still impossible to use ENB/Apex on anything but an nvidia card? The last few times I tried, it would just crash on startup. Going to the dude's site is no help either, since his attitude is basically "It's AMD's fault and I'm not even going to try fixing it"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
As someone with a completely AMD-based computer, who is unable to get any ENB to properly function, yes, it is.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?
When did that start? I'm running an all-AMD system and I've been able to use ENB with no problem. Is that a recent thing, or just some cards? I'm using an HD5770 (yeah, I know, but I'm broke), just for comparison.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

When did that start? I'm running an all-AMD system and I've been able to use ENB with no problem. Is that a recent thing, or just some cards? I'm using an HD5770 (yeah, I know, but I'm broke), just for comparison.

If it's any bit relevant, I've been running Skyrim on ENB on an all AMD system as well (AMD Phenom II X6 and Radeon HD 6970) with absolutely no problems. Considering they're both Gamebryo games (Skyrim being CK, which is just an updated hack of Gamebryo).

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Psion posted:

Yes. Bear in mind you're going to run into clipping issues galore, but you could give these a try:
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/46192/
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37718/
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44625/

getting a holster to interact properly with your armor, stance, playermodel, and weapon is just a lot to ask for, so none of them are really awesome.

I think I used the one in the middle, based on some old Alexscorpion one, with a modded Sig P226 and it worked fine, but who knows, that was years ago.

Yeah, I poked around a little this afternoon on my lunch break and grabbed the one with all the load bearing harnesses and the other one that requires you use the console. Now I just need to find the mod that has a good shemagh/scarf that goes around the neck. I already have one but it goes over the character's head as well as around the neck.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Has anyone tried either of these tranq gun mods on Nexus?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43872
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39749

Are there any other mods that add them that I've missed? Alternatively, if no good mods exist, how hard would it be to try this as my first small mod (probably just by adding a new ammo for the .22LR Pistol and not adding an entirely new gun)?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It... might not be too hard? I know very little about modding but it could be as easy as making a gun do a lot of fatigue damage per hit instead of bullet damage so that it knocks people out. Who knows!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Yeah, I poked around a little this afternoon on my lunch break and grabbed the one with all the load bearing harnesses and the other one that requires you use the console. Now I just need to find the mod that has a good shemagh/scarf that goes around the neck. I already have one but it goes over the character's head as well as around the neck.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35597/

This one has both face-covering and non-face-covering options. Is it what you mean?

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

Capn Beeb posted:

I've never used FOOK, but god drat this sounds ambitious:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54398/

I can't figure out why he merged WME and WMX. Is this just his weird personal preference or is there some part of WME that's "better"? I've always heard they were basically interchangeable.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

habanero walrus posted:

I can't figure out why he merged WME and WMX. Is this just his weird personal preference or is there some part of WME that's "better"? I've always heard they were basically interchangeable.

WME has more unique and fun mods for most weapons and no melee mods, while WMX has mods for melee weapons and really generic mods across the board for the rest. I'd probably have done it that way too.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Is there a way to check and make sure ENB is installed and operating properly? I opened the .zip and activated it with FOMM, but I don't see anything in the load order that looks like it's called ENB, and I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to be seeing something or if it does its work elsewhere.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Shift+Enter to bring up the ENB's menu in-game.

There should also be some text in the upper left (right?) hand of the game's screen stating what ENB version is active and whatnot when the game starts up.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Psion posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35597/

This one has both face-covering and non-face-covering options. Is it what you mean?

That's it exactly, thanks. It'll go great with my Rugged Jeans Outfit, my Small Camo Backpack, and my utility belt. God help me but I love playing dress-up in this game.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

That's it exactly, thanks. It'll go great with my Rugged Jeans Outfit, my Small Camo Backpack, and my utility belt. God help me but I love playing dress-up in this game.

I feel like I'm missing out but I've never really cared what the characters in my Gamebryo games look like. For all the things I mod, I've never played with alternate bodies/faces/eye colors/hair, unless some armor mod requires new bodies.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

horse mans posted:

I feel like I'm missing out but I've never really cared what the characters in my Gamebryo games look like. For all the things I mod, I've never played with alternate bodies/faces/eye colors/hair, unless some armor mod requires new bodies.

Then you are totally missing out. :colbert:

Never play New Vegas as anything but a robot on the fritz.

It took me a while but I finally got Tale of Two Wastelands working fairly well with all the other mods I want to use. Its pretty hilarious trolling around the Capital Wasteland as a robot. The one downside is having to use the 'showracemenu' command periodically because Fallout 3 really isn't ready for the glory of the metal men.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Zore posted:

Then you are totally missing out. :colbert:

Is that a ... roboscorpionbrain? And a flying robobrain holding a Luger?

Ffuck. Don't make me re-roll, drat you.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

horse mans posted:

The only reason I used a new body this time is because I was using armor that required it. I do like the different armors/clothes/accessories stuff, though. The new body I got is surprisingly good. I love whatever reskin/body is being used in those scarf pictures. That dude looks pretty ripped.

The robot race looks completely awesome, and I'll probably play that next time I re-roll.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

horse mans posted:

Is that a ... roboscorpionbrain? And a flying robobrain holding a Luger?

Ffuck. Don't make me re-roll, drat you.

Robco Certified and Smiley Top's Robot Race.

Those are just two of the lowest tier robots you can get by shoving together some spare parts and brains. You can build actual Roboscorpions after OWB, and a fuckton of other robots like lobotomites, Thinktanks, cyberdogs, Mr. Gutsy's etc.

Oh and you can turn a TV into a mobile ray gun. Its great.

Zore fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 5, 2013

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Was someone talking about a "cleaned up wasteland" mod earlier in the thread? I can't seem to find it, but I remember that the mod is supposed to clean up a lot of the garbage in inhabited regions. It makes it look like the people living there give a poo poo about their surroundings. You'd think that after 200 years someone might do a little sweeping or something.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

horse mans posted:

I think that's the one huge strength of modding this kind of game is that you can do whatever you want - or not - and it's totally cool either way. Initially I never cared about that kind of thing, now I'm doing my own textures and starting to learn Nifskope.

basically, the rabbit hole is deep

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah Freeside Open is great. It definitely chugs here and there, and I think it might have broke the Kings/NCR quest (although that could have been another mod and it was easily fixed with the console), but it's totally worth it.

When I was a guard for the Silver Rush that Kings guy never walked up and the script never fired for the quest to finish so I just stood there for a while until I started shooting the other guard working with me. Again though that might have been another mod (but probably Freeside Open).

It hasn't really caused crashing in Freeside for me but I did notice it has the potential to gently caress with some quest scripts like that so I'd recommend saving often if you're doing stuff in Freeside. Although you should just be saving often with a heavily modded game anyway.

That quest always fucks up for me anyway, even unmodded. It just happened to me, and reloading would NOT fix it. Pacer always walks up to me and says his line and it stops dead there. So I hacked together a fix to get around it. A lovely hacky fix that puts the script that makes him talk to you on a piece of his dialog that I can access.

I hate that I can't figure out another way around all his loving up, but at least it got him to WORK.

Anyway, may not be that mod's problem. May just be the drat game.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I had been doing a playthrough with Project Nevada's Core and Cyberware modules, but I want to restart with just the Core package. I've unchecked the Cyberware mod in FOMM, but when I start the game in Doc Mitchell's House I see the PN Speech implant on the shelf. Any idea what's happening?

NM: Got it fixed after using the NVSE button in FOMM.

whydirt fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 7, 2013

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If I install the radio mods when I'm at level 17 it won't ruin my game at all will it?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Most mods that aren't core-gameplay-changing can be installed and used mid playthrough. Stuff like Project Nevada and JSawyer and so on that change a lot usually require a new character or else stuff breaks in weird ways.

It helps to make a permanent save before you put in mods just in case though. In the event that it DOES break your game you can just deactivate the mod and go back into the earlier save like nothing happened with no trouble.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
Speaking of radio mods:

Is there some reason why the additional tracks added by a mod would be super quiet when they're being played from an in-game source? Because I've noticed that while the tracks added by 'Secret Stash and MMRE sound perfectly fine if I've tuned the Pip-Boy to either station, but they're barely audible when they're coming from like, a jukebox or radio. The even weirder part is that Mr. New Vegas and the original songs sound totally normal, it's just the new tracks.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

What's the likelihood that adding Lombard Station to an already started TTW game will cause massive fuckups?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Should be OK, just back up your saves

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

horse mans posted:

What's the likelihood that adding Lombard Station to an already started TTW game will cause massive fuckups?

Mods that add separate cells like that have a low chance of loving everything up. Plus the quest that opens it isn't too intensive either. So you should be good.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Ernie Muppari posted:

Speaking of radio mods:

Is there some reason why the additional tracks added by a mod would be super quiet when they're being played from an in-game source? Because I've noticed that while the tracks added by 'Secret Stash and MMRE sound perfectly fine if I've tuned the Pip-Boy to either station, but they're barely audible when they're coming from like, a jukebox or radio. The even weirder part is that Mr. New Vegas and the original songs sound totally normal, it's just the new tracks.
Another radio mod question: I have MMRE installed and working great. I also have OWBE installed, and the radio screen says "Old World Blues" instead of "Mysterious Broadcast," but I only get the standard two-ish songs (plus "Begin Again" because I have a fix for that installed, but turning off that fix doesn't seem to make OWBE work). What should I do to get it to work?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
Ah, I've figured it out. The mono .ogg files for the original station music are significantly louder than the stereo .mp3s which are played when you use the Pip-Boy radio. The mono files for 'Secret Stash and MMRE are just mono versions of the original mp3s with no amplification, so in game they're hella' quiet. Looks like I've got an incredibly tedious project that will hopefully not eat my entire weekend.

Also the .oggs for the original tracks are tweaked a bit so they sound distorted, like they're coming out of a crappy old radio, but hosed if I'm going to spend the time needed to get that pretty minor touch right for ~160 tracks of music in addition to pumping up the volume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm currently having an odd issue with LOD textures in my game. When I'm far away, low quality LOD textures are loading and flickering between the NMC/Ojo textures and the default low quality textures. When I get closer, the better textures do load, but I'm not sure how to fix this. Even if I install higher quality LOD textures/meshes, they don't seem to make a difference. I'm using Mod Organiser if that helps, here's my mod list/load order.

code:
# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
FreesideOpen.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
The.Armory.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
CCO - Gameplay Changes.esm
CCO - Classic Perks.esm
CCO - Follower Tweaks.esm
NevadaSkies.esm
SomeguySeries.esm
YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
CASM.esp
FreesideOpenPatch.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance.esp
CCO - CP PN Core Patch.esp
CCO - CP PN Equipment Patch.esp
CCO - PR PN Patch.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
NewVegasBountiesFSOPatch.esp
Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
CCO - GC PN Rebalance Patch.esp
CCO - CP PN Patch.esp
CCO - CP OWB PN Patch.esp
WMXUE.esp
WMXUE-PN.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
CCO - CP All DLC Patch.esp
CCO - Follower Sneak Attacks Add-on.esp
CCO - Follower Weapon Auto-Repair.esp
CCO - FT All DLC Patch.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance - Dead Money.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance - Honest Hearts.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance - Lonesome Road.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance - Old World Blues.esp
CCO - Raul Crafting Add-on.esp
NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp
WMXUE-CouriersStash.esp
WMXUE-EVE.esp
WMXUE-ArenovalisTextures-CS.esp
357retex.esp
singleshot_retex.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Dead.Money.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Honest.Hearts.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Lonesome.Road.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Old.World.Blues.Patch.esp
The.Armory.HonestHearts.Patch.esp
boa ncrpahelmet.esp
Boacombat2glove.esp
code:
# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
+EVE Final
+Book of Water
+Feral Ghould HD
+ELECTRO-CITY
+YUP - Base Game and All DLC
+Companions Infinite Ammo
+Weapon Animation Replacer
+Weapon Retexture Project
+WMXUE - Weapon Mods Expanded Ultimate Edition
+The Weapon Mod Menu
+Tailor Maid NV Black
+Wasteland Flora Overhaul Fertile Version