Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

Jerusalem posted:

I'm still listening to it, I think it's been a perfectly serviceable show but nothing really special - having Austin on first was a good idea because he's so comfortable with the format by now, and he does throw out a few things I hadn't heard before (somebody please find a link to his first ever match against Frogman LeBlanc :allears:). Jericho doesn't do a bad job but he also doesn't really seem to have that natural ease for just shooting the poo poo like Austin does. Maybe he'll improve with time, but I figure I'll only listen if he has a particularly interesting guest on.

For what it's worth, Jericho on The Nerdist podcast did well shooting the poo poo with Chris Hardwick and pulling up random stories and thoughts in the conversation, but Jericho as host might have to get used to talking about other people besides himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Skunkrocker posted:

I wanted to weigh in on this even though I'm not a pahdcaster.

I would book everyone on the current roster excluding Luchas, anyone in the Authority, and Undertaker, and especially including Brock Lesnar and Alberto Del Rio. I suspect the final rounds to be between CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Brock Lesnar, and Seth Rollins. Between them I'd say probably Lesnar Punk would remain, Lesnar would take out Punk, and if they're fighting Butterbean again I'd put all my money on Butterbean still. First rounds knockouts I suspect would be Kofi, Miz, Cena, Wyatt, Show, Ambrose, Del Rio, and Rowan.

There we have it, the MMAth proof we've always needed that James Thompson is better than Brock Lesnar.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

What the hell is wrong with you?

Yeah seriously... the final match between the winner and Butterbean should be a UFC match.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Skunkrocker posted:

I would book everyone on the current roster excluding Luchas, anyone in the Authority, and Undertaker, and especially including Brock Lesnar and Alberto Del Rio. I suspect the final rounds to be between CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Brock Lesnar, and Seth Rollins. Between them I'd say probably Lesnar Punk would remain, Lesnar would take out Punk, and if they're fighting Butterbean again I'd put all my money on Butterbean still. First rounds knockouts I suspect would be Kofi, Miz, Cena, Wyatt, Show, Ambrose, Del Rio, and Rowan.

im glad to hear that brawl for all 2K14's final four would include notorious asskicker seth rollins

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

posters speculating on how fake wrestlers would fare in shootfights is my favorite new trend in PSP and I hope it never ends

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i could kick oatgan's rear end in a shootfight, come on oklahoma

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

WadeBartender posted:

im glad to hear that brawl for all 2K14's final four would include notorious asskicker seth rollins

of course the worst part of this is that he put Cena, Punk, Ambrose, Rollins, Lesnar, and Bryan in there in the first place. The ethos of the Brawfraw is putting a bunch of directionless midcarders in a dumb little tourney where they can injure each other to poo poo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I want to see Manflurry in a shoot fight against Hulkamatt to decide PSP podcast supremacy.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sex_Ferguson posted:

i could kick oatgan's rear end in a shootfight, come on oklahoma
I'll gently caress you up in the first Wrestlehut Pisscast vidcast

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rarity posted:

I want to see Manflurry in a shoot fight against Hulkamatt to decide PSP podcast supremacy.

Where do Mike Quackenbush and his tiny penis figure into this? Will it be a Triple Threat shootfight?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

:D looking forward to what the piss cast has to say about this :)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I inadvertently broke the Podcast thread. God forgive me.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

It truly feels like Christmas came early this year.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

All I wanted was to hear PSP/Pisscast chuckle over which fake wrestlemen would win in lovely shoot fights, maybe with a Meng/Lesnar joke thrown in here and there. And now it's turned into a donnybrook!

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Brock Lesnar v Butterbean could main event any MMA card in the country.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DannoMack posted:

I just wish they'd go work the indy circuit instead. Make some real money, you know.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

DannoMack posted:

Lesnar attempts a takedown on Butterbean, but fails because Butterbean is built like a Weeble and just rolls back up.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

oatgan posted:

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 12 - Shades of Gold Displayed Naturally

311 (pronounced "three-eleven") is an American rock band from Omaha, Nebraska. The band was formed in 1988 by vocalist/guitarist Nick Hexum, lead guitarist Jim Watson (who would later be replaced by Tim Mahoney), bassist Aaron "P-Nut" Wills and drummer Chad Sexton. In 1992, Doug "SA" Martinez joined to sing and provide turntables for 311's later albums, rounding out the current line-up. 311 is generally known as an alternative rock band, but it is also classified as rap rock, rap metal, funk rock, funk metal, reggae and jazz fusion. The band's name originates from the police code for indecent exposure in Omaha, Nebraska, after the original guitarist for the band was arrested for streaking.

Big ups to Bard Maddox for cohosting this week, and Nick Hexum for writing beautiful music for the last 20 years.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x663syvg918trq8/012+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

oh and you, the listener

That WrestleMania IV poem brought a tear to my eye.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Skunkrocker posted:

:allears:

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Jubs posted:

Pisscast and 10 Count question:

The scenario: You're the person who's in charge of playing entrance music for RAW. During the contract signing, you decide you're going to end your life at the end of the night. So there's no repercussions for what you do.

1. Which entrance theme would you personally want to play to interrupt Cena's monologue?

2. Which entrance theme would you play to get the biggest WTF reaction from the crowd?

One would think Benoit, but would a lot of the crowd even know what his theme was? WWE has done a good job keeping him away from any newer fans. Could "Latino Heat" blaring from the speakers could be another potential choice.

3. Which entrance theme would you play to get the biggest pop from the crowd?

This one has a lot of choices. Hulk Hogan might be good because he hasn't been around for awhile. Nothing gets the crowd more hyped than hearing that glass shatter for Austin. "If you smell what the Rock is cooking?" always sends chills down peoples spines. The thought of Brock Lesnar randomly coming in to F5 everybody would sure excite the crowd.

Keep in mind that the wrestlers won't actually come out. The song will interrupt Cena and keep playing until security can forcibly remove you from your work area.

Thank you Pisscast for just skipping over my question. :mad:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Jubs posted:

I would have answered John Cena for all three. Why would John Cena's theme be interrupting John Cena? The crowd would have no clue. Also John Cena's music gets the best pop.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bard Maddox posted:

I would have answered John Cena for all three. Why would John Cena's theme be interrupting John Cena? The crowd would have no clue. Also John Cena's music gets the best pop.

Trouble is it would divide the crowd. Half the fans would be cheering for Cena and half would be booing Cena. That would just get confusing.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jubs posted:

Fine, I'll take care of it for them.

Cult of Personality

That awful alternate version of Sexy Boy

American Dream

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Jubs posted:

Sorry. That's the risk when Oatgan promises he'll write them all down. Or maybe he hates you. Karmine does too.

Oh and yeah Karmine that was a pretty cool poem you wrote that opens the show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Taz is the latest guest on the Steve Austin Show, should be an interesting listen if they go into TNA at all.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Jubs posted:

the answer to all three questions is "rear end Man"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
That song with the rant from the newest B&V show ruled, does anyone know what episode its from?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jubs posted:

Sorry. My answer for all three is Eddie Guerrero's music.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
When is the pisscast going to take a look at Yahoo Questions?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20131125193023AAXGp5G

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan's habit of not introducing Dave when they do interviews, and then asking the initial questions so Dave doesn't talk for 5-10 minutes is really weird.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan's habit of not introducing Dave when they do interviews, and then asking the initial questions so Dave doesn't talk for 5-10 minutes is really weird.

It's probably so Bryan gets any questions in at all.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Jack Krauser posted:

It's probably so Bryan gets any questions in at all.
Just as long as he doesn't present any theories.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This is a man who predicted HHH marrying Stephanie and taking over the company. Let Bryan theorize all he likes. Especially about secret plans.

Reading the top ten moves list was some amazing bad radio. I hope Bryan gets a Suicidal Dragon interview to explain the ranking process.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
JR's normal voice is pretty dull to listen to. He needs to hick it up more.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

oatgan posted:

I'll gently caress you up in the first Wrestlehut Pisscast vidcast

Where can I donate money to make this happen.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bobkatt013 posted:

When is the pisscast going to take a look at Yahoo Questions?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20131125193023AAXGp5G

Yes, I demand to know the answers to hot button topics like "Why has Santino not won a Slammy?" :colbert:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Meat Recital posted:

Where can I donate money to make this happen.

It's gonna happen.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

It's gonna happen.

you stopped running. I already won.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I take you both I'm hardcore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

WadeBartender posted:

My argument for that is one of the biggest problems during the original BFA was no one could take a serious punch. You've seen Rollins take painful oversell suicide bumps where he lands on his head or his neck bends awkwardly. I think he would honestly survive a real deal fight better than most of the roster with just sheer adrenaline alone. My fantasy booking (or rather assumption of fictious events) stems from everything that happened in the first BFA and going off of that. And to be honest if you nerds really have a problem with my stupid opinions on a wrestling angle that will never happen wow I want your life because you obviously have nothing better to complain about.

• Locked thread