Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Poopy Palpy posted:

Everything you hear on Hollywood Handbook is 100% true.

That part is true, which you would know if you subscribed to the Pro version, freeloader :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

http://www.earwolf.com/show/the-andy-daly-podcast-pilot-project/

!!

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

If I could feel joy I would be so happy right now.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Wait, so is the concept that every character gets their own differently formatted (failed) podcast?

Because that would be delightful.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

caligulamprey posted:

Wait, so is the concept that every character gets their own differently formatted (failed) podcast?

Because that would be delightful.

Sounds like it. That means there's a limited number of episodes though, unless Daly comes up with a new character for every show. Which could be pretty neat, but even that I think would have a limited lifespan and most assuredly wouldn't be a weekly show.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Oh god yes.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Sounds like it. That means there's a limited number of episodes though
If there's a full 40-minute Danny Mahoney/Life of the Party, Inc. episode, it will have been all worth it.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Ahhhhhhh my mind has been blown holy poo poo

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Oh my God.

So...Jerry Mahoney, August Lindt, Bill Carter, Hot Dog, Don Dimello, Chip Gardner, Dalton Wilcox, and...Andi Callahan? The one in the white coat is the only one I can't place. Maybe it's Cactus Tony? White snakeskin?

In any event, I bet I know how every episode ends.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Dec 5, 2013

Beeez
May 28, 2012
So is it a safe bet that that preview is from tomorrow's CBB, which'll be a larger preview for Andy Daly's show? They do say in it that there are eight episodes, but still, eight new Andy Daly podcasts. That's awesome.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Holy loving poo poo. This is a good world.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
It's also produced by Matt Gourley from SuperEgo. Holy moly

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Poopy Palpy posted:

Everything you hear on Hollywood Handbook is 100% true.

Well, you have me there. But I would they'd fake the show still coming out? Are you saying I the guys who were friends with Louis Reed would lead us astray?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Riptor posted:

It's also produced by Matt Gourley from SuperEgo. Holy moly

I'm pretty sure the "producer" role he's playing is just a character. I really hope he's the regular "co-host" but I'm guessing he's just a guest. :(

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Looks like there's a live I4H tonight with Paul Rust, Sean Conroy and Billy Merritt

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Ooh, Sean Conroy hasn't been on in ages, love that guy

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
"Matt Besser @MattBesser 28m
May i have a one word suggestion or intro question for todays improv4humans? U dont want 2 miss todays special guest on livestream! #trumpet"

If Matt actually located angry trumpet guy and got him to come on the podcast then I4H is truly the greatest podcast in the universe. I can't watch live :(

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Oh poo poo, they've got trumpet guy. I am so pumped for this.

Edit: This guy is exactly what you'd hope he would be. Also, you have to watch the video of it, they're all silently losing their poo poo so hard.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 6, 2013

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

That loving guy. Incredible, incredible, incredible.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I couldn't take Trumpet Guy. I did enjoy Paul Rust nodding sagely when he abruptly began discussing his memory of 9/11, but Jesus, that segment was simply exploitation of a Crazy Person.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Is he actually in the studio or calling in?

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Holy poo poo. Besser gets to talk with the star of his favourite video of all time. Can't wait to hear, but I can't do awkward so maybe I'll just flick through it.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

I couldn't take Trumpet Guy. I did enjoy Paul Rust nodding sagely when he abruptly began discussing his memory of 9/11, but Jesus, that segment was simply exploitation of a Crazy Person.

A goon respects the silence that serves as the foundation for good posting.

I'm just playing, I agree with you. But I still laugh so hard at this guy.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I was right there with Matt on that AV Club list rant, that list was really lovely. I like that he actually lets himself care about it on the show too, I think a lot of people would never bring it up or would brush it off like they didn't feel bad about it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Ad on Hollywood Handbook today reveals that an "extended preview" of The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project is coming next Monday, December 16th :)

But regular episodes don't start until February :(

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

GraPar posted:

Ooh, Sean Conroy hasn't been on in ages, love that guy

Love him on i4h, kind of mean and unlikable on his own podcast.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Ad on Hollywood Handbook today reveals that an "extended preview" of The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project is coming next Monday, December 16th :)

But regular episodes don't start until February :(

I think they're holding it back so it premieres once Andy Daly's Comedy Central show finally premieres. Comedy Central has been known to hold back shows for a while so they can schedule like-minded blocks, but I thought it was cancelled given a full calendar year went by.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I think they're holding it back so it premieres once Andy Daly's Comedy Central show finally premieres. Comedy Central has been known to hold back shows for a while so they can schedule like-minded blocks, but I thought it was cancelled given a full calendar year went by.

Yeah, they ordered it last March and filmed last fall, then pushed it off the schedule for an entire year. It's as good as cancelled out of the gate. Meanwhile Tosh got a three season order today.

gently caress Comedy Central.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Comedy Central is notoriously stupid and gunshy about commitment. It's gotten to the point where if you get more than one season, you're well ahead of the curve, and if you're in the rarefied air of two seasons, chances are you're on your last.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

moot the hopple posted:

Comedy Central is notoriously stupid and gunshy about commitment. It's gotten to the point where if you get more than one season, you're well ahead of the curve, and if you're in the rarefied air of two seasons, chances are you're on your last.

I feel like they've eased up on that. Key & Peele, Brickleberry, Nathan For You and Kroll Show have all been pretty quick renewals recently.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

You can add Inside Amy Schumer, Drunk History, John Oliver's NYC Stand Up, and @midnight to that list. And of course Workaholics.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Speaking of Comedy Central, any fans of Improv4Humans should really watch Key & Peele. I've thought for years that the sketches on that show often have a very UCBesque style (to the point that I suspect they're borne out of I4H-style improv sessions), and sure enough I just noticed Ian Roberts in the credits as head writer.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Max22 posted:

Speaking of Comedy Central, any fans of Improv4Humans should really watch Key & Peele. I've thought for years that the sketches on that show often have a very UCBesque style (to the point that I suspect they're borne out of I4H-style improv sessions), and sure enough I just noticed Ian Roberts in the credits as head writer.

Not only is Ian Roberts the head writer, they have several former I4H guests on the staff, including Colton Dunn, Charlie Sanders, and Sean Conroy. That doesn't even get into the actors, but I definitely remember seeing Eugene Cordero playing a few bit parts.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I watched the first couple eps of this season of K&P and they were pretty lousy - did this season pick up at all? I liked last season a lot.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Well I thought the first few episodes were up to the standards of the show, but here's maybe my favorite sketch they've done this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st21dIMaGMs

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
When does the the release of the most recent Earwolf video podcast typically happen? I wanna watch the last I4H, but it's not up yet. I'm settling for listening for now.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

SpacePig posted:

When does the the release of the most recent Earwolf video podcast typically happen? I wanna watch the last I4H, but it's not up yet. I'm settling for listening for now.

The Monday after the audio version is released if I remember correctly.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I also posted this in the CBB thread but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Oh my god