Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Carol Danvers is Captain Marvel now. The current Ms. Marvel is 16-year-old Inhuman girl Kamala Khan.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Okay Singer, you better get Cyclops for an Apocalypse movie. Also Cable.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Leave Cyke dead. Have Marsden play Cable. No-one says a thing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

So you're going all Age of Ultron on us, huh?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Codependent Poster posted:

They could adapt the Alan Davis storyline where Cyclops merges with Apocalypse at the end.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Gaz-L posted:

Nope, we're Ultimate now. Hugh Jackman as Cable.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Carol Danvers is Captain Marvel now.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Oh cool! Also Anna Torv would kill as Carol.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Whizbang posted:

BOOOOO

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Whizbang posted:

Let's get Jackman to play Cyclops too. That way people might give a drat about him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Madkal posted:

Let's get Jackman to play Cyclops too. That way people might give a drat about him.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Cyclops, Lena Headey as Emma Frost, Charles Dance can be Apocalypse. All New, All Lannister X-Men.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Going back to Spidey 2 (Man, I can't keep up with all this comic movie news) but the Green Goblin looks awful.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

E the Shaggy posted:

Going back to Spidey 2 (Man, I can't keep up with all this comic movie news) but the Green Goblin looks awful.

I think a hood would really tie the whole thing together and improve the design

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Now DC just needs to get Justice League going and we could have Thanos, Darkseid, and Apocalypse all one after the other

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm still not convinced Singer can pull off Days of Future Past, let alone tackle Apocalypse.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

JT Smiley posted:

I'm still not convinced Singer can pull off Days of Future Past, let alone tackle Apocalypse.
Anna Torv for Apocalypse.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Just go all out and get James Earl Jones to voice a CG Apocalypse.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

JT Smiley posted:

If you look at the trailer for DOFP the movie, Singer isn't even trying to do the comic story, it falls very far into the "inspired by" end of the spectrum.

It'll be fine. Maybe not good, but fine.

greatn posted:

Just go all out and get James Earl Jones to voice a CG Apocalypse.

Surely we have a new deep voice goto guy by now, I'm pretty tired of all big guys sounding like muffassa.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I feel like Tom Hardy's wacky Bane voice would actually work for Apoc

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

greatn posted:

I feel like Tom Hardy's wacky Bane voice would actually work for Apoc

It kind of already sounds like Apocalypse in the 90's cartoon.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Benedict Cumberbatch. He's got a really good deep voice.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Jonny Nox posted:

Surely we have a new deep voice goto guy by now, I'm pretty tired of all big guys sounding like muffassa.

You can always go with Keith David as your bargain-barrel Jones substitute.

Yeah everyone's heard him in video games and cartoons and whatnot but his silver-screen resume is more limited and mostly consists of things nobody cared about.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

PupsOfWar posted:

Yeah everyone's heard him in video games and cartoons and whatnot but his silver-screen resume is more limited and mostly consists of things nobody cared about.

I submit They Live.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Magneto Rex posted:

I submit They Live.

The best part of Saints Row 4, which was full of best parts.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

gently caress it: CGI Apocalypse, let John Colicos have another crack at it.

Edit: Err... dead people make bad voice actors, never mind.

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 6, 2013

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

PupsOfWar posted:

Pitch Black

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

The point is that Riddick and Thing ain't exactly Star Wars and Lion King, exposure-wise.

I'd also suggest Ron Perlman, if he were using his occasional Eldritch Villain voice rather than his more usual Rough and Ready Tough Guy voice.

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Dec 6, 2013

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

redbackground posted:

Anna Torv for Apocalypse.

We've already established the cast.

Apocalypse: The Rock
Sinister: Bryan Cranston
The Four Horsemen: Anna Torv, Katie Sackhoff, Ryan Reynolds and hear me out Gina Carano

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Waterhaul posted:

We've already established the cast.

Apocalypse: The Rock
Sinister: Bryan Cranston
The Four Horsemen: Anna Torv, Katie Sackhoff, Ryan Reynolds and hear me out Gina Carano

I'm pretty sure you're joking, but I wouldn't be strictly opposed to most of that.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

One goon once suggested Allison Brie for Captain Marvel.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is Frank Langella too old to play Apocalypse?

I mean, sure he needs to play Kang and Doctor Doom first, but I'm sure he could do Apocalypse as well.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Were he younger I'd suggest Brian Thompson for Apocalypse (The Alien Bounty Hunter in XFiles and Shao Khan in Mortal Kombat 2). Or gently caress it, just go with him now.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

One goon once suggested Allison Brie for Captain Marvel.
I would actually support Gillian Jacobs as Carol. I think she could sell the right amount of surliness for the character. I mean, it would probably never happen, but Andy is Starlord so who the gently caress knows anything anymore.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Timeless Appeal posted:

I would actually support Gillian Jacobs as Carol. I think she could sell the right amount of surliness for the character. I mean, it would probably never happen, but Andy is Starlord so who the gently caress knows anything anymore.

I read that as Gillian Anderson and I don't know how I would feel about that. What roles can you shoehorn her and David Duchovny into because I want Fox and Dana in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
David Duchovny is Star Fox and Gillian Anderson is She-Hulk.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Gillian Anderson for Abigail Brand and David Duchovny as Sydren.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Hakkesshu posted:

Gillian Anderson for Abigail Brand and David Duchovny as Sydren.

I was going to say Guyrich, but yeah Anderson as Brand seemed like a natural. Maybe Duchovny as Quartermain? (They've already cast Sitwell and totally wasted him unforunately.)

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Masters of Evil featuring Duchovny as the Swordsman and Anderson as Madame Masque.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Duchovny and Anderson as the underwear collector and fetishists from the Gail Simone run of Agent X and Deadpool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Timeless Appeal posted:

Masters of Evil featuring Duchovny as the Swordsman and Anderson as Madame Masque.

Zemo and the Enchantress.

• Locked thread