Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Why yes, I am a vocaloid scientist with a bitchin cape. Why do you ask?

It's 3am. This game :allears:.

It's so simple, buggy, but it's full of charm! Game of the Year so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

explosivo posted:

This game is awesome.

What's the best strategy for the UFO fight?

Get 10 bombs. Throw the bombs at the boss. Collect tech!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

explosivo posted:

This game is awesome.

What's the best strategy for the UFO fight?

Go to an Avian airship and summon it there.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

crowfeathers posted:

Go to an Avian airship and summon it there.
Wait, do the propellers work on it?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Welp, I ran into a penal colony and now I have this weird dynamic where the melee guys are aren't a threat at all unless one with a gun shows up and shreds me while I poke away with my crappy spear that shoots balls of light. Every other dude drops a weapon so I just can't leave it alone.

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

I beat up a robot king and stole his crown, chandelier and fine art collection. Then i played saxophone in a cave. GOTY.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I think I got ya'll topped. I was exploring a planet, and lo and behold, a loving BANJO was in it. Now I, the solo force Gorilla Biscuits will be playing Canon in D for crowds forever.

edit: Ok Heckler and Line Feed I'm willing to allow ya'll to join my band

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Dec 6, 2013

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Oh my god, this game. I don't want to stop playing it it's so gooooooood.

I really like how you can play instruments in this game. I think my guitar is the thing I'm going to miss most when characters are wiped.

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.
Looks like the update broke something for me. Every time I try beaming down to any planet it does the animation, background flickers and I get teleported right back onto my ship. Takes 5 or 6 tries to get to any planet.

I just got the Inactive Robot assembled and now when I try powering it up on a planet it says "I should get this down to the planet's surface before powering it on" I guess the game still thinks I am on my ship because of the bug.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

MisterFuzzles posted:

Looks like the update broke something for me. Every time I try beaming down to any planet it does the animation, background flickers and I get teleported right back onto my ship. Takes 5 or 6 tries to get to any planet.

I just got the Inactive Robot assembled and now when I try powering it up on a planet it says "I should get this down to the planet's surface before powering it on" I guess the game still thinks I am on my ship because of the bug.

I've been getting the first bug as well. As for the second, the robot has to be in a wide open area when you activate him. Are you trapping him in a dirt box before activating?

e: Also a lot of the random seeds in the spreadsheet got changed up, but all the stuff should still be somewhere on the planet/system listed. One of the airships, for example, is way the gently caress away now instead of being like two screens to the left.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

A.C. posted:

9236086, 72611326
Beta Cursa Minoris I a
I found a Gravity Bubble tech (go right until you reach a second Flesh Forest) - does anyone know how to use it?

edit: Holy poo poo it's a jetpack, jump again in the air. It can fly infinitely!

So uhh, are techs really universal for everyone? I found an eye chest in the second eyeball forest and it had 10 torches.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Has anyone found any Oceans yet? Are they their own planet type, or part of other biomes? I haven't seen any in Sector X but I've also only seen one Tentacle planet too

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

So uhh, are techs really universal for everyone? I found an eye chest in the second eyeball forest and it had 10 torches.

Yes - look for the High-Tech chest in the same area

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Probably just the wrong chest then, because I found the jetpack tech right where AC said it was.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Techs are in High-Tech Chests, and a slightly different color thereof than the ones which show up in Apex facilities sometimes. EDIT: Also are you guys sure the gravity bubble thing is infinite? It makes my energy bar go down when I use it, but I haven't bothered trying to run it out yet.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So what is the best method of not dying in T2? I have a pretty solid melee weapon but I'm getting smashed if I get hit. I have scout pants, silver chest, silver helm for a total combined armor of 12. I used all of my gold just for the legs. Am I missing an easy way to get gold?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
They seemed to have fixed the 3d printer. You can no longer print seeds...

No more sustainable wheat farm for me unless wheat plants drop seeds at a higher rate than before.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

A.C. posted:

Has anyone found any Oceans yet? Are they their own planet type, or part of other biomes? I haven't seen any in Sector X but I've also only seen one Tentacle planet too

Yes - look for the High-Tech chest in the same area

Is it in that forest or past it? I combed through that place multiple times now.

edit: And now it's dark and I have to hide in a hole again. Kind of wish there was something better than 15 armor for tier 2. Higher levels absolutely destroy you with such weak armor.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Zereth posted:

Techs are in High-Tech Chests, and a slightly different color thereof than the ones which show up in Apex facilities sometimes. EDIT: Also are you guys sure the gravity bubble thing is infinite? It makes my energy bar go down when I use it, but I haven't bothered trying to run it out yet.

It's not literally infinite, but it's effectively so, because by using it in short bursts you regenerate energy faster than it uses it up. You can just fly upwards into space (and then immediately freeze to death since you can't place a campfire).

Death by Chickens
Jan 12, 2012
So, does anyone know a good site for ABC notations?

I found an ocarina, and we all know what that means. Time to play every song from OOT... constantly... until my friends admit it was the best Zelda.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
It's also really easy to feather the spacebar to just keep hovering, which lets you fly over every monster on any level. It's not as fast as energy dashing, but it's 100 times safer.

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.

VDay posted:

I've been getting the first bug as well. As for the second, the robot has to be in a wide open area when you activate him. Are you trapping him in a dirt box before activating?

Yup, that indeed would have been the issue. Thanks.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

IAmTheRad posted:

They seemed to have fixed the 3d printer. You can no longer print seeds...

No more sustainable wheat farm for me unless wheat plants drop seeds at a higher rate than before.
I have like 40 goddamn wheat seeds, they usually drop multiples for me.

Actual wheat not so much. :mad:

Oh well, these hundreds of eye-melons will feed me for a long, long time. (go try chopping down an eyeball forest sometime.)

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Zereth posted:

I have no idea what's going on because mine is not draining my energy and I can use it literally infinitely. I just used it to stripmine a bunch of desert planets and now I'm in the highest tier armor with the highest tier weapons. v:shobon:v

e: for good measure, click this to spoil what the highest tier hylotl stuff looks like:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Dec 6, 2013

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
I was planning on waiting til at least the second beta stage to get this game but reading stuff like this

The Heckler posted:

I beat up a robot king and stole his crown, chandelier and fine art collection. Then i played saxophone in a cave. GOTY.

makes it difficult to wait. I liked terraria quite a lot and it sounds like if I enjoyed it even a little bit I'll have a blast with starbound.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Brasseye posted:

I was planning on waiting til at least the second beta stage to get this game but reading stuff like this

makes it difficult to wait. I liked terraria quite a lot and it sounds like if I enjoyed it even a little bit I'll have a blast with starbound.

Wanted to wait 'till the second phase of the beta as well, but I think I'll start after the first character/world wipe.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

gently caress it, I give up. That high tech chest with the Gravity Bubble is just not in my version of that world for whatever reason. I searched high and dry for it and the only chest in that area for miles is an eye chest.

Orv
May 4, 2011

gently caress it, I give up. That high tech chest with the Gravity Bubble is just not in my version of that world for whatever reason. I searched high and dry for it and the only chest in that area for miles is an eye chest.

It's in the second section of eye forest in a small cavity in the earth, in a black chest with green highlighting. Not sure what's up if you can't find it.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

So I think someone was a little overzealous making the hunting knife attractive.

Just a bit big for a bucknife of sorts aint she.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Does this game run really poorly for anyone else? Anytime there's more than just my character and dirt on the screen the game slows to a crawl.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Orv posted:

It's in the second section of eye forest in a small cavity in the earth, in a black chest with green highlighting. Not sure what's up if you can't find it.

I searched in some of the holes but not all of them because I figured that would have been mentioned. ... gently caress. Oh well, maybe I'll go back there some other day. I'm sick of the high stress worlds where everything can murder the gently caress out of you nearly instantly if you're not careful even when using the best armor available.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

GOTY right there. :allears:

E: it instagibbed me. :allears:

Bloodborne
Sep 24, 2008

The Moon Monster posted:

Does this game run really poorly for anyone else? Anytime there's more than just my character and dirt on the screen the game slows to a crawl.

~beta~

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

How do I interact with the anchor to buy guns from the pirates?

e: well, anchors in general.

↓ Thanks!

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Dec 6, 2013

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Aurain posted:

How do I interact with the anchor to buy guns from the pirates?

Build your way up, following the chain.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

That doesn't really answer or even address my question but thanks.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Infinity Gaia posted:

(and then immediately freeze to death since you can't place a campfire).

You can if you land on an asteroid! Still really loving cold, I had to mine near a campfire and at least one torch to have any heat regen at all, even with 10-18 heat on all my armor. Found a bunch of plutonium up there, no idea what it's for yet but the raw ores give 6 fuel each and there's tons of it, even on a TL4 world. Smelting yields Plutionium Rods (no fuel).

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD

The Moon Monster posted:

That doesn't really answer or even address my question but thanks.

It does. It runs slowly sometimes, the framerate chugs sometimes and it crashes for everyone at some point because it's not optimised or stable yet.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
I found a ~pilot's backpack~ with an item description of "May or may not contain a working parachute." Alas it does not seem to contain one. :(

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

You have heard of one Geralt of Rivia, how he died, and was forgotten.

Existence seems to have not yet had enough of him.

Thrust once more into a situation he'd rather have no part of, Geralt is now trapped in a multitude of worlds with his own and anyone he knew lone dead. Can he once again end the treachery of those who put him in this way? What of the Wild Hunt, and their influences, do they even hold sway among the ocean of stars?

The Witcher 4: Starbound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Damiya posted:

Oh they have full debugging symbols built in. Should be able to do an exe strip that pulls it down to like a dozen megs according to a friend.
Yeah, the Linux server binary goes from 220mb to 8.4mb when removing debug info

• Locked thread