Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Spender's car is bilingual. That's impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
I love how the dramatic lighting goes from yellow to red as Spender turns it off - and that it happens when he gives the bad news.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
The ghost train is the car, isn't it?

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

OK I completely cracked up at the fourth panel of today's page.

Also I really like the lighter text Zach uses for whispering, has he been doing that the whole time? It's really simple and effective. I think the parentheses he used in the dialogue were really extraneous actually.

It also took me way too long to realize that the building is probably Isabel's grandpa's house. Look at all those spectral energies though!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

skoolmunkee posted:

It also took me way too long to realize that the building is probably Isabel's grandpa's house. Look at all those spectral energies though!

Almost certainly - look at the guy in the background on the fourth panel. That's a trainee.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

The new page is so pretty...!

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
I think it's safe to say that alt-text Spender's car is this comic's most devastating antagonist yet!

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
The most exciting action!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
This fight scene is good. Like, really good. I refuse to believe Zach is human.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

You can see their giant plumes of spiritual energy billowing out from the side of the house in the previous page. Makes me think the other wisps of spritiual energy are students practising in their rooms.

Also, today, I moused over the 8th panel just after reading the text and it was perfect. How do I always mouse over for alt text right at the perfect moment? It just makes the alt text so much more awesome. :allears:

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 6, 2013

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
Wild speculation: Grandpa wasn't talking to Isabel.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm almost positive this fight scene is a reference to a fight manga, possibly Holyland? I've seen that particular punch -> kick -> punch exposed face move before.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Our man Teddy R in the background there

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Opposing Farce posted:

Wild speculation: Grandpa wasn't talking to Isabel.

Pretty obviously isn't. Goku has her third hit in a bind.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Why do I get the feeling Johnny is going to get wrecked by Isabel at some point and have his whole world view destroyed/reinforced.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Why do I get the feeling Johnny is going to get wrecked by Isabel at some point and have his whole world view destroyed/reinforced.

I can't really see him being humbled by or learning any lessons from getting beaten up some some girl he doesn't even know.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That Goku is a girl, and also angry enough to be Vegeta instead of Goku or maybe Trunks :suicide:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ariong posted:

I can't really see him being humbled by or learning any lessons from getting beaten up some some girl he doesn't even know.

JOHNNY STRONGEST ONE THERE IS.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I like spiky hair girl she's cool. I hope we see more of her.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Isn't it Isabelle who has tied up Girlgeta's arm?

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Has to be. Goku's spectral energy isn't red.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Yeah, it looks like she sets it up in panel 7 and then uses it to pull Girlgeta off balance for that spectral kick.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

ProfessorProf posted:

Has to be. Goku's spectral energy isn't red.
I think girlgeta has grabbed onto Isabel's energy and is going to give her the spectral version of a ponytail yank.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh yeah, Geta's going to haul on that spectral cord and send Isabel spinning the other way, probably right into a strike. Do we have an emote for a sympathetic wince?

ProfZoom
Mar 22, 2005

This is our last dance!
Highlight of panel 8? Spectral onomatopoeia.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
Not gonna lie. When you said that, I went back to look again and was kinda hoping that the onomatopoeia was actually "SPECTRAL".

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
From the news section:

Zack posted:

Hey guys, so the update for today (12/9) was giving me some difficulty and I decided to go back and rework it rather than put up something that I wouldn’t be happy with in the archives. So Monday’s update will instead go up on Wednesday the 11th, and Friday’s update will go up as normal. Sorry and thanks for your understanding!!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
In the meanwhile, Zach Derrieresmith butted in Girls With Slingshots and took on the aonus of assisting Danielle Corsetto with a guest comic. Not work safe.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Cat Mattress posted:

In the meanwhile, Zach Derrieresmith butted in Girls With Slingshots and took on the aonus of assisting Danielle Corsetto with a guest comic. Not work safe.
That is a truly preposterous amount of posterior.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Wrong Zack though.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I didn't know his name but I could tell that was the Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal guy. From the way he draws butts.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SlothfulCobra posted:

Wrong Zack though.

Me is dumb.

SkinCrawling
Oct 9, 2012

He did however draw a poster for Homestuck. It's awesome and you can buy it as well.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Ahahaha this girl is too rad I want more of her.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Ed: Still Great.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ed's insight remains impeccable.

I do wish the alt-text was actual text, but if that were the case then what would we have for alt-text?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
That was a nice big... bang kind of attack.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Never cease your impudence Ed. Never

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Akett posted:

Hmm, I'm guessing the anime looking girl to Isabel's left is going to become more than a background character, possibly even a rival to Isabel.

Looks like I called it.

Scanning the comments section tells me her official name is Scabs, but I have no idea where this was sourced or how true it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

A little elucidation as to the relationship between Ed and Isabel there. They don't appear to be related, at least in any sense that Gramps feels responsible for him. Now the question becomes why he's living with them...