Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Bremen posted:

I'm sure the question gets asked constantly, but can anyone recommend some good modpacks for 1.6.x? Most of the big Technic packs seem to still be 1.5, and I've given up on waiting for FTB to update.

(shameless plug) Never Stop Toasting (based off of Ghost Seven's excellent Toast: Series of modpacks) has a 1.6 modpack out: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/never-stop-toasting-16.213857

We also have the official server up in PGS, feel free to join us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun.
Did Galacticraft ever get finished (i.e. adding Mars, other planets, etc.) or did the modder(s) just sort of burn out? (Or am I just using an older modpack that doesn't have the latest version?)

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

mechaet posted:

(shameless plug) Never Stop Toasting (based off of Ghost Seven's excellent Toast: Series of modpacks) has a 1.6 modpack out: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/never-stop-toasting-16.213857

Could you post the modlist for Never Stop Toasting?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

SetPhazers2Funk posted:

Did Galacticraft ever get finished (i.e. adding Mars, other planets, etc.) or did the modder(s) just sort of burn out? (Or am I just using an older modpack that doesn't have the latest version?)

Mars is added and the mod is definitely very solid right now. I couldn't tell you how actively it's being developed, I know micdoodle is around and reachable, but he stays on Espernet mostly these days.

Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious

wylker posted:

If you're looking for a better than BC quarry check out Mekanism. The mod itself is a little.... inconsistent but the Miner is amazing. It's probably a little too strong but Aidan is working on the mod every day and I'm sure it'll get there.

I was playing around with it and it does seem way more versatile than a quarry but I have no idea how to actually make it work. The fact that you can filter certain blocks and have it replace blocks as it goes alone seems fantastic, but I couldn't figure out how to actually get it to run. And the only "documentation" I could find was a very poorly done Youtube video that didn't really explain anything, except how to find the recipe in NEI. UniversalElectricity.txt, I suppose.

Somewhat related, I was playing around with the Never Stop Toasting pack and really, really like the new fusion reactors from Atomic Sciences. Easily automated deuterium generation, and it doesn't require a billion tin just to fire the reactor. And if you use steam funnels to fluiducts to an energy bridge setup, it doesn't seem anywhere near as laggy as older versions. Absurd amounts of power but really, just building the reactor/electromagnets is such an enormous resource cost that having to build hundreds of turbines on top of that seems silly anyway.

GhostSeven
Apr 23, 2005

Yesterday Was A Million Years Ago

mechaet posted:

Top stuff :) I will at some point (maybe 1.7ish) when things are more settled look at mod packs again. Just don't have the time to do it at the moment. Glad people are still having fun with Toast stuff though :)

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Gollom posted:

And the only "documentation" I could find was a very poorly done Youtube video that didn't really explain anything, except how to find the recipe in NEI. UniversalElectricity.txt, I suppose.

I did find a video explaining how the miner works, but if you do not want to watch it because it's 35 minutes, that is totally understandable. I will summarize.

It needs power. You can hook power to any spot or put a battery or energy cube in the slot with the lightning bolt.

It needs to know what to look for. Click the Config button. You can click ItemStack to show it what to look for by giving it a copy, or you can go to OreDict for a search string. Wildcards apply. If you just want it to dig up stuff of value, tell it *ore* and it'll grab everything with "ore" in the name.

It needs to know where to look. Radii is how big an area it'll search, you can set that to whatever. Min and Max are "how low should I look" and "how high should I look." It can look above or below itself. Unless you have specific plans, leave Min at 0 and set Max to 70 or something.

Now that it knows what to look and where to look, and has the energy to look, it has to know what to do with the poo poo it finds. See the slot by the power slot, that says "Replace block" if you mouse over it? When the miner digs out a block, it'll replace it with that. If you leave it empty, it'll leave an empty spot. Put cobble in there, and it'll replace the block with cobble, and so on.

There are four small buttons below that. R is Reset, so don't touch it. It erases all the settings and makes it as though it were freshly placed. A is Auto Eject. Normally, when the miner mines a block, it sticks it in its own internal inventory, which you see below the buttons. Click that button and it will instead push the stuff it mines out the black hole on the back of the machine. P is Auto Pull. Normally it takes the replacement blocks from its internal inventory, but if you set this, then it will pull the replacement blocks from an inventory on top of it, through the black hole on top of the machine. And lastly, S is Silk Touch, which makes it collect blocks as if it had Silk Touch instead of just breaking them. Be warned that this requires way more power, so make sure your power grid is up to the task.

On the right are a little tab and a button being hidden by the NEI interface where you probably can't touch them (by default, O makes the NEI interface go away, you may need to do that to get at these). The top one is where you stick Speed and Energy upgrades. As the name implies, they make the thing faster or more energy efficient, respectively. Maximum of eight upgrades, click on the upgraded stat on the tab to get your upgrade back. At the bottom is redstone control, with the usual settings of "ignore redstone and work," which is the default, plus "only work if getting signal" and "only work if not getting signal."

Once you have all this set, click Start. The screen will light up blue and say HELLO WORLD and the miner will start collecting blocks. As far as I know, it doesn't work in a nice orderly pattern, it just grabs the blocks it finds in its search area in whatever order, but it will grab them all and then shut down. It will remember the settings if you turn it off or sneak and right click it with a wrench. If you want to change its configuration, then you have to click that R button to reboot the thing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Edit again:

Okay let me actually use this post for something useful- What have you folks found to be the best Mo' Creatures spawn rates? I started a new world with it and good loving lord, there are things everywhere.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 6, 2013

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Edit again:

Okay let me actually use this post for something useful- What have you folks found to be the best Mo' Creatures spawn rates? I started a new world with it and good loving lord, there are things everywhere.

Zero, from removing the mod.

Seriously, that is one of the most obnoxious mods I've ever seen, because it clogs up the world with creatures that do not shut up. You can't do anything without having your eardrums assault by constant snorting, roaring, bellowing, and screaming. And that's not even getting into the hostile monsters it adds that are fast, tough, strong, numerous, and all have some stupid bullshit gimmick that makes them absolutely ruinous if you don't pick your gear and design your house with them in mind.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bremen posted:

I'm sure the question gets asked constantly, but can anyone recommend some good modpacks for 1.6.x? Most of the big Technic packs seem to still be 1.5, and I've given up on waiting for FTB to update.

The DNS tech pack is pretty good and it's updated to 1.6.4. It's updated pretty quickly, I usually go to it for when I want to build a pack for a new version and can't be bothered to go through a million individual adfly links.

http://www.dnstechpack.com

GhostSeven posted:

Top stuff :) I will at some point (maybe 1.7ish) when things are more settled look at mod packs again. Just don't have the time to do it at the moment. Glad people are still having fun with Toast stuff though :)

Yeah I think it's going to be a while before there is a good solid version that's stable for a while like 1.5.2. May as well wait on the modding API with how fast things are changing.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Dec 6, 2013

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

MechaCrash posted:

Seriously, that is one of the most obnoxious mods I've ever seen, because it clogs up the world with creatures that do not shut up. You can't do anything without having your eardrums assault by constant snorting, roaring, bellowing, and screaming. And that's not even getting into the hostile monsters it adds that are fast, tough, strong, numerous, and all have some stupid bullshit gimmick that makes them absolutely ruinous if you don't pick your gear and design your house with them in mind.

And, if that's the mod I think it is, you're completely hosed if a turtle gets in your sugar farm.

Which it will.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

MechaCrash posted:

A million times this. Hell, the whole mod's worth of bad decisions can be summed up in one creature - the ogre. Which appears every night, can sniff you out, and will destroy blocks and items with every step. It makes the early game utterly torturous. Built a shelter? Great, it's Kook-Aid Man time! Dug a cave to hide in? He'll bust through the mountain to get at you! Want to kill them before they do that? They've got mountains of health!

The only way to deal with them is to put a house a minimum of like 12 blocks up. Or obsidian wall. Who the gently caress builds with obsidian? Particularly basic housing?

Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious

MechaCrash posted:

I did find a video explaining how the miner works, but if you do not want to watch it because it's 35 minutes, that is totally understandable. I will summarize.

<Useful information>

Oh wow, thanks a lot! I was basically using the filter backwards, which would be why nothing happened.

Mo'Creatures is just absurdly obnoxious. I was playing around with a fusion reactor build and wanted to spawn a bunch of anti-matter explosives just to get the cats to shut up. And the elephants. And those bees. Atmosphere is nice and all but god drat is that just too much.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Serifina posted:

A million times this. Hell, the whole mod's worth of bad decisions can be summed up in one creature - the ogre. Which appears every night, can sniff you out, and will destroy blocks and items with every step. It makes the early game utterly torturous. Built a shelter? Great, it's Kook-Aid Man time! Dug a cave to hide in? He'll bust through the mountain to get at you! Want to kill them before they do that? They've got mountains of health!

The only way to deal with them is to put a house a minimum of like 12 blocks up. Or obsidian wall. Who the gently caress builds with obsidian? Particularly basic housing?

You can turn off specific creatures though, but I get the point. Just trying to change things up a bit. What's the point of building some giant reactor to power the planet if there's nothing to do on the planet? :sigh:

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

New Leaf posted:

You can turn off specific creatures though, but I get the point. Just trying to change things up a bit. What's the point of building some giant reactor to power the planet if there's nothing to do on the planet? :sigh:

I fail to see what more creatures has to do with power creation - it's not like they're going to hook into your power grid and start building, after all.

Honestly, Mo' Creatire should only be used if you're going for a very adventurey setup and like having your teeth kicked in a lot. It's pretty bad for anybody who wants to build a giant base and stuff that does more stuff.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Make one of these.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOShDfU6pVo

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Serifina posted:

I fail to see what more creatures has to do with power creation - it's not like they're going to hook into your power grid and start building, after all.

Honestly, Mo' Creatire should only be used if you're going for a very adventurey setup and like having your teeth kicked in a lot. It's pretty bad for anybody who wants to build a giant base and stuff that does more stuff.

What I meant was why bother with all the power and magic stuff if the difficulty of the game doesn't also increase? I have been watching some of the Hat Films series and kind of like the extra mobs. I mean, I'm deep into Thaumcraft and mining the planet hollow and have more resources than I'll ever realistically need. I can spray fire and lightning and shoot missiles and fly around like Iron Man, but for what? To kill more zombies and creepers? I was just looking for something to up the challenge level a bit. Are there any recommended mods that add challenges beyond Mo Creatures?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Someone recommended Deadly World when I was interested in making a mod pack. Makes everything more difficult
Infernal Mobs supercharges normal mods and gives them powers
Dungeon Mobs was another suggestion, it adds D+D monsters
Project Zulu is a bit more reasonable than mo' creatures

There's also a poo poo TON of mods that add new dungeons.
Twilight Forest for instance, adds a hard mode world
Battle Towers adds HUGE towers of monsters and treasure
There's a bunch of others, check out the contents of Hexxit and the disbanded Omp-a modpacks for some suggestions.

but personally, I get my rear end handed to me even when I'm cheating in the best equipment

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 6, 2013

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

New Leaf posted:

What I meant was why bother with all the power and magic stuff if the difficulty of the game doesn't also increase?
The issue is most of the difficulty is just straight bullshit. When an Ogre spawns, it attacks by deleting entire rows of blocks (no drops, just straight gone). If one gets near your storage system, you lose everything.

Meanwhile, they can actually make the game easier if you find one in a safe location, because they are easy to kill and drop Obsidian, letting you skip some annoying requirements.

Then again, this is a few versions ago, so I may be saying outdated data. But gently caress that mod. I generally rip it out of any pack I use, along with Dimension Doors.

Carados fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 6, 2013

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

New Leaf posted:

What I meant was why bother with all the power and magic stuff if the difficulty of the game doesn't also increase? I have been watching some of the Hat Films series and kind of like the extra mobs. I mean, I'm deep into Thaumcraft and mining the planet hollow and have more resources than I'll ever realistically need. I can spray fire and lightning and shoot missiles and fly around like Iron Man, but for what? To kill more zombies and creepers? I was just looking for something to up the challenge level a bit. Are there any recommended mods that add challenges beyond Mo Creatures?

Infernal Mobs adds Diablo-style randomly-generated super monsters which spawn occasionally, have more health, and can be pretty dangerous if they get the right combination of abilities. As a bonus, I think out of all the modifiers it gets I think there's maybe one which can allow a monster to destroy blocks, and it's both extremely rare and not nearly as destructive as ogres (or even creepers)

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

President Ark posted:

Infernal Mobs adds Diablo-style randomly-generated super monsters which spawn occasionally, have more health, and can be pretty dangerous if they get the right combination of abilities. As a bonus, I think out of all the modifiers it gets I think there's maybe one which can allow a monster to destroy blocks, and it's both extremely rare and not nearly as destructive as ogres (or even creepers)

For reference, it's Ghastly which basically gives them the ability to shoot fireballs like Ghasts can.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Infernal mobs? I wouldn't advise using that. First off, with default settings the WITHER can be Infernal, and gains FOUR TIMES the hp it would normally have, like all other Infernal mobs. The Ender Dragon too, probably, but it only spawns once so that's far less likely to be witnessed. Secondly... let me describe what each modifier does.

1UP: When the mob dies, it comes back to life with full health. Makes any dangerous mob twice as dangerous.
Alchemist: The mob occasionally throws random negative-effect potions at you when you get near it. Even if the mob isn't targeting you, like say, a passive Zombie Pigman. The worst effects are Poison and Instant Damage, for obvious reasons.
Berserk: Mob does double damage, but does some damage to itself when it hits you. I forget what the exact percentage is.
Blastoff: If a player is near the mob, occasionally they get thrown into the air with enough force to cause falling damage.
Bulwark: Mob takes half damage.
Cloaking: Mob is invisible.
Darkness: Mob blinds you if you take damage from it.
Ender: Mob teleports on top of you if you hit it, AND reflects damage onto you when it teleports. This effect has a cooldown.
Exhaust: Mob puts "exhaust" on you if you take damage from it. I forget what that does.
Fiery: Mob sets you on fire if you take damage from it.
Ghastly: Mob tosses ghast fireballs at you randomly, even if it's not targeting you.
Gravity: Mob pulls you in or knocks you back? I forget how this works exactly.
Lifesteal: Mob gains hit points when it does damage. This hp gain can go past its max hp.
Ninja: Mob randomly teleports when it takes damage, AND reflects damage onto you when that happens. This effect has a cooldown.
Poisonous: Mob poisons you if you take damage from it.
Quicksand: Mob slows you if you take damage from it.
Regen: Mob regenerates, fairly quickly, and the rate is unaffected by lag.
Rust: Mob noticeably damages your weapon and equipment if you take damage from it. Or maybe when you damage the mob, I'm not sure. Perhaps both! This even damages items that should not be damaged, like MMMPS power armor.
Sapper: Mob makes you hungry if you take damage from it.
Sprint: Mob is faster.
Sticky: Mob makes you drop your currently held item if you damage it. Even if it's a ranged weapon. This effect has a cooldown.
Storm: Mob summons lightning upon your location occasionally. Even if the mob isn't targeting you. Also happens from a long distance away.
Vengeance: Mob reflects like half the damage you deal, through armor.
Weakness: Mob puts Weakness on you if you take damage from it.
Webber: Mob sometimes places a cobweb on your current location- I think this is triggered if you damage it. This effect has a cooldown.
Wither: Mob puts the Wither effect on you if you take damage from it.

Okay, obviously the teleport-on-hit effects combine well with Bulwark and Regen to make a mob that is very hard to kill. Less obvious is that all those on-hit status effects are also applied to you ON REFLECTED DAMAGE. So if something has Ender, Ninja or Vengeance along with a status effect adjective, you cannot avoid getting that status effect applied to you. Rust and Sticky have the obvious issue of making you lose your poo poo for no reason. Storm, Blastoff, Alchemist and Ghastly are all pretty much pure bullshit. The worst issue though is that lag can make an enemy effectively immortal via the Regen effect, because, especially with Bulwark, after a certain point it's impossible to outpace the regeneration. I once trapped a mob like this in lava, and it did not die.

So basically Infernal Mobs is a pretty decent idea with an unbalanced, buggy implementation. You can fully configure what effects are possible, though.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rita Repulsa posted:

Someone recommended Deadly World when I was interested in making a mod pack. Makes everything more difficult
Infernal Mobs supercharges normal mods and gives them powers
Dungeon Mobs was another suggestion, it adds D+D monsters
Project Zulu is a bit more reasonable than mo' creatures

There's also a poo poo TON of mods that add new dungeons.
Twilight Forest for instance, adds a hard mode world
Battle Towers adds HUGE towers of monsters and treasure

Battle Towers and Better Dungeons are great for on the fly dungeons but for my money the best dungeon Generator is MCDungeon. It requires that your world already exists and it pregenerates dungeons in open areas (it detects any bases of your own, though I don't suggest generating anything in a world where your quite established just in case). You will want to pregenerate a large land area; you can do this with the Minecraft Land Generator. Set up properly the land generator will work with any kind of mods. I was even able to create a map that could load in vanilla Minecraft that was generated using the Battle Towers/Deadly world mod and MCDungeon; a good alternative for people who have trouble running lots of mods.

Also I can not recommend enough the More Health mod for making things even more challenging. I like setting my health to 3 hearts by default (Zelda style :v:). It forces you to gain levels or find heart containers (that are uncraftable, only loot) to have any kind of chance against anything:

Minecraft land generator:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/187737-minecraft-land-generator/

More Health Mod
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...listic-hud-bug/

MC Dungeon
http://mc.bubblemod.org/mcdungeon.php

McFrugal posted:

So basically Infernal Mobs is a pretty decent idea with an unbalanced, buggy implementation. You can fully configure what effects are possible, though.

I don't consider tough mobs unbalanced, I mean that's the whole point. Your going to be taking these things on with Modular Powersuits or Xenos guns or Tinkers Construct weapons. They need to be really tough to even be a challenge in the face or all the modded items. I like dieing every once in a while; being safe 100% is boring.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Dec 6, 2013

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Recent infernal versions have the heal effect from lifesteal set the mob's max hp. So if a mob has 50/80 HP, and heals for 3, then it has 53/53 HP and can't heal further. Suddenly there are no more immortal mobs, which is nice.

It's still a goddamn nightmare fighting a Bulwark Lifesteal Vengeance Darkness Wither mob, which tags you for draining damage and heals every time YOU attack it, also you fight entirely blind. An 80 HP zombie that was too slow to touch me and had no ranged attacks took me ten minutes to whittle down, and I don't know what happened to it after it was down to 30 HP. As far as I know, it still wanders those tundras, preying upon noobs.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Rutibex posted:

I don't consider tough mobs unbalanced, I mean that's the whole point. Your going to be taking these things on with Modular Powersuits or Xenos guns or Tinkers Construct weapons. They need to be really tough to even be a challenge in the face or all the modded items. I like dieing every once in a while; being safe 100% is boring.

Powersuits make even Infernal mobs trivial. You can lob projectiles all day, move faster than anything, and take next to no damage. Regardless, "tough" is not what I meant by unbalanced. The fact that most of the more dangerous effects break the rules is what I meant by unbalanced. Retaliatory damage that doesn't care how you dealt that damage, getting hit regardless of line of sight (Blastoff and Storm), random mobs blowing up your poo poo... Also, the relative power of the adjectives are all over the place. Ender, Vengeance, and Regen stand head and shoulders above the rest. That is unbalanced too, in a way.

Oh, I forgot to mention, if you die from the lightning that a Storm mob calls, all your stuff burns.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Dec 6, 2013

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of noobs, holy poo poo

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

While I like the idea and look of the fully-modeled 3D weapons; holy poo poo that mob texturing. Minecraft is lo-res but that doesn't mean your mob's texture can be a solid block of firetruck red.
Also those wizards look like they're wearing crotchless robes with codpieces. :psyduck:

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

greententacle posted:

I'm working on that today, actually. I have a spreadsheet listing them all, I just need to get that moved onto the TechnicPack page for the modpack.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Does Project: Red have Flax? I know Natura's got cotton and all, but it's a bit of a pain in the rear end compared to flax, which was dead easy. Project: Red's documentation is non-existant, so I know it's a 1:1 recreation of RedPower (but hopefully optimized...) but I don't know if they've gotten to recreating flax yet.

Edit: Also does it do the same bullshit thing where the machines are in the same module as the volcanos and rubber trees?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Fortis posted:

Does Project: Red have Flax? I know Natura's got cotton and all, but it's a bit of a pain in the rear end compared to flax, which was dead easy. Project: Red's documentation is non-existant, so I know it's a 1:1 recreation of RedPower (but hopefully optimized...) but I don't know if they've gotten to recreating flax yet.

Edit: Also does it do the same bullshit thing where the machines are in the same module as the volcanos and rubber trees?

Just ranch some sheep using MFR, if you have enderIO you can use a SAG furnace to get string out.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

axelsoar posted:

Just ranch some sheep using MFR, if you have enderIO you can use a SAG furnace to get string out.

Oh yeah, I know, I was just asking for a friend who plays on my server and can't seem to get the whole "sheep farming" thing down, and I was just curious as to how good Project: Red was in general because in spite of its performance issues, I really liked the aesthetic of RP2 and sort of miss certain elements of it.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

As far as I know, Project Red doesn't have volcanoes or rubber trees at all. I don't know if they were left out because putting them in was hard, or because they weren't the part people cared about, or because they were actively disliked. In any case, it doesn't have the same annoying "your fun is less important than my ~vision~" bullshit going on.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Is there any way to acquire a Cobweb without already having Silk Touch? It's a requirement for Thaumcraft 4's Silk Touch Infusion Enchantment, which seems a little backwards if you ask me. I found a couple in some Twilight Forest chests but put them up as decoration, so now I can't get them back down without already having the thing I need to use them for. :psyduck:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Original minecraft allows you to get Silk Touch on shears via Silk Touch I book applied with an anvil. So I guess use Enchantment from the base game to get the Infusion version running. Which is also very circular thinking.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Volcanoes still exist in Project: Red but they can be disabled. And I've poked around and did not notice Flax in the Exploration module, but I did find a wool gin, that will let you break apart wool into string.

Traditional sheep farm seems the way to go.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

tonic316 posted:

F7 will show you where mobs can spawn if there isn't light near by. Yellow means it can spawn only at night and red means it can spawn at any time. I might be wrong about what the red boxes mean.

F7 doesn't seem to do anything in an unmodded 1.7.2 install.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Doctor Butts posted:

F7 doesn't seem to do anything in an unmodded 1.7.2 install.

It's an NEI feature.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

greententacle posted:

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/never-stop-toasting-16.213857

The pack is now Solder-enabled, so the entire modlist shows there.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

New Leaf posted:

Is there any way to acquire a Cobweb without already having Silk Touch? It's a requirement for Thaumcraft 4's Silk Touch Infusion Enchantment, which seems a little backwards if you ask me. I found a couple in some Twilight Forest chests but put them up as decoration, so now I can't get them back down without already having the thing I need to use them for. :psyduck:

You can't get a cobweb without silk touch shears. If you ONLY have thaumcraft installed, you are stuck enchanting books with 15 levels each until one gets Silk Touch on it, then enchanting a pair of shears with the book via an anvil. If you have any of the liquid xp/mob essence mods, one of the blocks that strips enchantments off of items and onto books can get you silk touch far easier, as you can enchant stone pickaxes with 16 levels to have like, a 10x better chance of getting Silk Touch.

FYI, it's a 1% chance to get Silk Touch directly on a book with 15 levels spent on it. Spending more exp actually REDUCES the chance, since then there are more competing enchantments.

No, I don't know why Azanor has it like this, it's crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorpion 3-2
Apr 2, 2011

mechaet posted:

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/never-stop-toasting-16.213857

The pack is now Solder-enabled, so the entire modlist shows there.

There is no modlist showing up for me.

• Locked thread