Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Paineopticon posted:

Anyone playing on Steam? I'm trying to figure out if it can connect to the account I've been using for a week.
You go into the Contact Support thingy and get your User ID for the mobile and PC versions and mail those both to support asking them to link it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Phenotype posted:

So, Classic Storm nerfs. I heard someone saying Modern Storm was better anyway... but I can't really start leveling my Modern Storm instead, can I? My understanding is that she can't get any higher than level 50 because she's a 1-star, and since my Thor is already 45, she's only gonna be useful for a little while anyway. That seems like a really lovely way to force you to value 2 and 3 star heroes, by the way. They're not just different and rare, they're outright better, and will be the only useful heroes eventually?

I'm getting frustrated at that, especially, because I have had no luck in finding more Spidey covers. He's 1/1/0 and capped at level 18, so he's just pointless for the near future. I was saving up to buy a level on his blue, but that isn't going to get him above 20-something anyway...and I also accidentally tapped the IM40 lottery instead of the Standard Recruit token button. And I haven't even found a single Doom, and I'm starting to realize that I need to find, like, 6-7 Dooms to start playing him. :(

e: Ooh, just found an Original Black Widow! But again, I will never get to play her. :(

Classic Storm isn't an automatic team destroyer anymore but she's still very good; each power is essentially two abilities for the price of one: green lets you clear the board while gaining AP and blue damages everyone while stunning your current target.

The star system is arguable but 2- and 3-star are meant to be better, otherwise there would be no incentive to spend money on the iap shop progress in the game. Getting covers for them is difficult but they've been doing okay lately; with all the IM40 rewards they've been throwing around, it has been relatively easy to max him (leveling him up is of course a different story!).

Honestly, the one big flaw in the game right now is the huge buff given to villains on lightning rounds. If you have a decent villain you're set to gain more covers; if you don't, enjoy your 250 ISO and be sure that next time, it'll be even harder to get there.

particle409 posted:

You can't even buy Invisible Woman. You can do random card lottery, which is guaranteed to give you 50 Thor and Hawkeye cards before ever giving up an Invisible Woman.

Exactly. Requiring IM40 and Grey Widow is still scummy but at least they've been around for a while now and, as I've said earlier, they've practically been giving covers for them (well, I suppose that's only applicable for IM40), but Invisible Woman is brand-new and as rare as they get. I don't mind them throwing a bone to long-time players from time to time, but this is clearly for top-tier/whales only. Who here even has her? Besides delfin, I mean. Yeah, we don't need another story about your dream team, pal :mad:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've got a single green cover Invisible woman. That's exactly as useful as it sounds. 28 green to destroy 8 tiles. :v:

You're not really missing much in that last mission.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Phenotype posted:

So, Classic Storm nerfs. I heard someone saying Modern Storm was better anyway... but I can't really start leveling my Modern Storm instead, can I? My understanding is that she can't get any higher than level 50 because she's a 1-star, and since my Thor is already 45, she's only gonna be useful for a little while anyway. That seems like a really lovely way to force you to value 2 and 3 star heroes, by the way. They're not just different and rare, they're outright better, and will be the only useful heroes eventually?

It used to be that all characters maxed out at 40/50. It was changed to better reflect the specialness of the 2/3/4 stars, but a lvl 50 1 star is still decent, at least compared to the 2 stars.

Modern Storm is still pretty good and I prefer her over Classic. Her green skill is cheaper and when combined with the red can lead to a ton of cascades and special environment tiles and it fills up everyone elses powers. The only bad part is that she has poo poo health, but eh that's why I pair her up with Thor and he takes all the hits for the green tiles.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I went out of my way to avoid getting Invisible Woman. Could have top 2ed my slack bracket easily, but the three Modern Hawkeye covers were more interesting to me.

Edit: Storm Classic's yellow passive has been largely irrelevant since the change to buff HP as well as damage for events. Her blue ability was always the true powerhouse and the green does an excellent job of feeding Thor's hammer machine gun.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 6, 2013

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I'm really glad I pumped up Modern Hawkeye's level instead of Ragnarok. He pretty much solo'd the entirety of The Hunt and Hunt: Alaska without taking a single point of damage, thanks to Wolverine and Avoid.

cprun0227
Nov 25, 2002
what
I did get a single Invis Woman cover(as ashrunner), and the last repeatable isn't as tough as it looks. I've been using a 30 invis, mid 30's Hawkeye(5/4/3), and low 60's Thor. Go for all ap, 3 red/yellow, and 25% crit boost.

Main focus is the environment tiles, second is red and yellow until Yelena is out, then blue and red. Take Daken down first with Thor's skills and crits where poss. Hawkeye is cool as well if Yelena doesn't have payback mission ready. Then hit Yelena so you can use Hawkeye more effectively. Hawkeye at 200% destroys the criticals, and if you can crit the environments it gets a LOT easier. Invis woman is useless, but it's still not too bad.

3/3 so far, although I only won the last one with hawkeye the only one alive at 300 life left.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Phenotype posted:

I'm getting frustrated at that, especially, because I have had no luck in finding more Spidey covers. He's 1/1/0 and capped at level 18, so he's just pointless for the near future. I was saving up to buy a level on his blue, but that isn't going to get him above 20-something anyway...and I also accidentally tapped the IM40 lottery instead of the Standard Recruit token button. And I haven't even found a single Doom, and I'm starting to realize that I need to find, like, 6-7 Dooms to start playing him. :(

e: Ooh, just found an Original Black Widow! But again, I will never get to play her. :(

Modern Storm is still great and plenty useful, even with a level 85 Thor. If anything, it helps that she's weaker because then she's never brought forward for matches. She can just stay in back and shake up the board. Just because a character is higher level doesn't automatically mean they're better.

It's not like you're screwed if you don't use the rarer characters just because other people are talking about them. I've been playing this game for a couple months, have 28 characters (without ever spending real world money) and only just got my first Doom yesterday as a daily login reward. You're still plenty capable with common characters. Just focus on the dudes you've got and let your party build over time.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Anyone else having problems registering a pvp/event name in the steam version?

Any name I try at the website is already in use apparently.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So roster space question: how much can you get for free? I'm at 8/8 and if just got yet another hero and I don't have enough points to buy the next one. So am I stuck having to buy IAP to expand that? I've slowly worked through the campaign farming any missions with hero point for rewards but by the time I earn enough for an extra slot chances are I'll have rolled for something new.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
I've got 26 spots at the moment with 3200 HP saved up besides, haven't bought any IAP.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So roster space question: how much can you get for free? I'm at 8/8 and if just got yet another hero and I don't have enough points to buy the next one. So am I stuck having to buy IAP to expand that? I've slowly worked through the campaign farming any missions with hero point for rewards but by the time I earn enough for an extra slot chances are I'll have rolled for something new.

There's a guy who posted above you with 28 whose never spent anything. Go through all the pve missions you can reliably do, and see which ones give hero points. HP is given as progression and placement rewards in Pretty much every event. Do the shield training pvp for easy HP.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Deep Winter posted:

There's a guy who posted above you with 28 whose never spent anything. Go through all the pve missions you can reliably do, and see which ones give hero points. HP is given as progression and placement rewards in Pretty much every event. Do the shield training pvp for easy HP.

All right, awesome. That's what I was hoping to hear. I just need to get through all the campaign and shield stuff. Glad to know it's all there.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

How much use do you even get out of 20+ slots? I'm still running on 1 and 2 star characters, but so far given that I've only had enough money to upgrade a few of my characters, I've done fine for about a week of playing with 6 slots and just getting rid of the really crappy stuff and the 1 star things I'm not going to use because I was already getting 2 star level 6 dudes before my lovely one star was beyond about level 2.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MooCowlian posted:

How much use do you even get out of 20+ slots? I'm still running on 1 and 2 star characters, but so far given that I've only had enough money to upgrade a few of my characters, I've done fine for about a week of playing with 6 slots and just getting rid of the really crappy stuff and the 1 star things I'm not going to use because I was already getting 2 star level 6 dudes before my lovely one star was beyond about level 2.

It's not about using the characters... gotta catch em all!

And you never know when they'll rebalance things so previously unused people are now superstars.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

MooCowlian posted:

You'll still want to hang on to the one stars, not just because of rebalancing but there are also events where they're buffed, and a high-level 1-star is still much better than a level 6 2-star or even a level 15 3-star with one skill.

EDIT: Except Hawkeye, he is terrible. But IM35, Storm, and Black Widow can carry you through much of the PvE game and even Juggernaut and Venom are situationally useful.

Mons Hubris fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 6, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MooCowlian posted:

I'm coming from Puzzle & Dragons. I sell nothing :colbert:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm coming from Puzzle & Dragons. I sell nothing :colbert:

Haha yeah, this game has actually supplanted P&D for me mostly. I still play the other, but all the flash battles and events keep me coming back to MPQ.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Largepotato posted:

Anyone else having problems registering a pvp/event name in the steam version?

Any name I try at the website is already in use apparently.

Tried some gibberish and it finally let me register.

I am now "dsafdsaffds" :v:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I like MPQ better just because I can play more than 4 rounds without having to wait 6 hours for my stamina to recharge.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Haha I just discovered the joys of Forest Fire with Wolvie's Feral Claws. Holy fukken :pwn:

Ankle-biter
Mar 10, 2004

Thank you Grizzlebees... I was hungry.
Just came to say I'm happy this is out on STEAM now and I'm downloading it. Hope it's fun :)

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Keep in mind that some of us who bought 20+ slots did so before their costs went up, so I'm not sure what equivalent cost is these days.

But if you can place in tournaments or at least snag progression rewards you can do all right. I'm at about 2200 HP with 25 slots, have spent 4000+ on power upgrades (mostly on Spider-Man) and haven't spent any real cash yet.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Trying it on Steam and the progression is a bit confusing. I'm enjoying myself... I think?

Edit: The IAP is really in your face.

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 6, 2013

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

How long do you guys wait to join the tournaments to get into a slacker bracket? There is currently about 9 hours left on Double Shot part deux. Should I give it a little bit more time, or do you think joining now will get me into a one?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Tezzeract posted:

Trying it on Steam and the progression is a bit confusing. I'm enjoying myself... I think?

Not to be an rear end in a top hat, but have you played games on iOS before? IAP is par for the course, but yeah it's a bit jarring when you have it in a PC game like that.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Tezzeract posted:

If it helps the IAP is so expensive that unless you feel like throwing down 50 bucks on a holiday sale, it won't do anything useful. We all get our premium currency from tournaments.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
I dunno, the 92.99€ "Nick Fury's Doomsday Plan" sounds pretty good. Look at those big numbers! With so many points I'm sure you can buy a fully pimped-out team Yelena, Hawkeye and Juggernaut.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

intangible posted:

How long do you guys wait to join the tournaments to get into a slacker bracket? There is currently about 9 hours left on Double Shot part deux. Should I give it a little bit more time, or do you think joining now will get me into a one?

Basically, wait as long as you can but give yourself enough time to actually put in a good innings, otherwise you won't have enough time to get enough points and defend against inevitable scrambling near the end. Even then though, you can sometimes end up landing as the 995th person in a bracket, which can suck but it's still generally always better than joining a tournament at the start and landing with all the whales.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
Is there any way to control who Hawkeye dodges behind? Motherfucker kept pushing Storm to the front and got her killed :argh:

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

triplexpac posted:

Not to be an rear end in a top hat, but have you played games on iOS before? IAP is par for the course, but yeah it's a bit jarring when you have it in a PC game like that.

Haven't played too many iOS games, maybe that's why. Think I'm getting the hang of the game though.

Do you guys mostly get covers from the 500 iso gambles?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Opposing Farce posted:

Is there any way to control who Hawkeye dodges behind? Motherfucker kept pushing Storm to the front and got her killed :argh:

Swap the party around so the 3rd member is in Storm's position.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Well I max cover my IM40 at 5/4/4. And I lm going to max cover my modern Hawkeye once I get the red cover reward. It has been a good few days if rewards for me.

Now I just need iso for all the levels...

Tezzeract posted:

Haven't played too many iOS games, maybe that's why. Think I'm getting the hang of the game though.

Do you guys mostly get covers from the 500 iso gambles?

No! Don't do that. The game is pretty generous with heroic tokens. You will get the good stuff for free in time. Buy cover slots first. Once you are in the 25 cover slot range spend hp on raising skills on rare characters you already have. Especially ragnarok red if you get lucky to find that.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 6, 2013

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I feel I'm really bad at this game.

My standard team is IM30 at Level 46, Old school magneto at 15, and old school hawkeye at 25ish.

I feel that I'm putting out plenty of damage with Iron Man and use Magneto and Hawkeye for board control.

Maybe I should try this slacker bracket thingy you all are talking about? I'm currently 23 in the Hunt: ALASKA.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Largepotato posted:

Swap the party around so the 3rd member is in Storm's position.

IM40 is locked to the middle spot in these battles. Guess I'm swapping her out for Cap.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Opposing Farce posted:

IM40 is locked to the middle spot in these battles. Guess I'm swapping her out for Cap.

Swapping Hawkeye & Storm should work too.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
You guys should really level your Hawkeye Modern for this event, and the inevitable future ones he's boosted in.

His red ability has eclipsed Thor's in terms of damage at this point and it's only getting stronger (85 Thor, 41 Hawkeye Modern) AND it hits the entire enemy team for just a few more AP than Thor. Cleaning up these repeatable missions with him as well since his 200% boost makes environment tiles worth a shitload and his tiles crit for 2k+.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

For all you new folks:

*Dont buy the 500 ISO lottery, save it
*Always keep at least 1000 ISO on hand for boosts
*Use boosts often, but only if they're giving you returns. Don't use them just to climb the ladders in tournaments, use them to get ISO and other rewards for progression
*Use all your extra ISO (all the stuff above 1000-1500) for leveling up one character. That character should be Iron Man 35 or Thor. Everybody else can sit around at 12-15.
*Spend all your Hero Points on Cover Slots.
*Sell off your Hawkeye Classics, Venoms, Yelenas, and Juggernauts. Try to keep your 3-Star characters, but don't be shy about selling them for Hero Points if you need a slot for somebody like Storm Classic, Wolverine, or Thor.
*IM35 is your early game tank, Thor is midgame, and Wolverine is endgame. Don't be shy about leveling any of these guys up, since IM will never to above 50 anyway. Mine never made it past 22 before i got a Thor
*Play every PVP thing. Get through the first few ranks to nab yourself a couple recruit tokens and free ISO. Don't dig in too deep unless you're prepared to spend ISO.
*Replay missions with HP rewards. Spend that HP on cover slots. Use recruit tokens to fill those slots. Repeat.
*Dont use Bagman

That about covers it

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The icon picture for the Savage Land Hunt episode... is not in error.

Devil loving Dinosaur!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Nick Fury, you magnificent bastard: