Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

broom posted:

Ehh sorry, my friend I am doing this for is getting cold feet. If he changes his mind (again) I will let you know.

If he has a second and decides to do it in the end, I will do that trade as well.

crazyfish fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

broom posted:

Ehh sorry, my friend I am doing this for is getting cold feet. If he changes his mind (again) I will let you know.

No worries.

Apache
May 11, 2004

Any interest in CCB Don Gavino? I can reserve an extra 2 bottles for trading purposes tomorrow if someone is interested.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
I'd be interested if you're not using your extra ones.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ISO Funky Buddha Snozzberry Gose, FT Tired Hands Out of the Emptiness

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

Apache posted:

Any interest in CCB Don Gavino? I can reserve an extra 2 bottles for trading purposes tomorrow if someone is interested.

I'd be interested in trading a bottle of BORIS VanWinkle 1:1 for a Don Gavino, if you'd be down.

Kudosx fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 4, 2013

cereal eater
Aug 25, 2008

I'd save these, if I wanted too

ps i dont deserve my 'king' nickname
Wow, totally forgot about this thread since the last time I read it and posted in it (last years BCBS release).

Anyways:

ISO: Any Bourbon County Rye, Coffee, Barleywine... anything with Bourbon County on the label.

FT: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agt8Wbqc0c3sdEtLLU9ldTR5bUVKOUQtNnh0QWlfbVE&usp=sharing

I have a PM from a goon curious about the '06 WWS that I didnt see (its from over a year ago) so I will give him first dibs of that if we can work something out. Aside from that anything green is available for trade!

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Trade review please...

My 6pack of Zombie Dust for his 4pack of Gandhi Not

Thoughts?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Cbear posted:

Trade review please...

My 6pack of Zombie Dust for his 4pack of Gandhi Not

Thoughts?

Keep the Zombie Dust. There is literally no reason to trade that beer. Especially considering you probably traded for it in the first place.

I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. Beer is for drinking.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Regional/Local IPA vs Regional/Local IPA - should be $4$.

But what Hatful said. Drink poo poo.

I did the same thing as you when I first got into craft beer -- went loving CRAZY trying to tick every beer I could and trade for stuff constantly. Slow down, take it easy. How many bottles of ZD have you had? How fresh? Have you tasted a few over time to learn how things change?

There's plenty of beer you are able to get that you haven't had yet that you SHOULD have before you trade for ZD just to trade it for something else. Don't get caught up in hypebeers, or ticking, or spending $20 to swap $12 worth of ZD for 4 cans of beer.

Slow down, take it easy.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
You guys are being too sensible :(

Just let me waste all my money on shipping beers already.

I'm getting two 6 packs of ZD in this week. And also wanted to try Gandhi bot too. :(

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Cbear posted:

You guys are being too sensible :(

Just let me waste all my money on shipping beers already.

I'm getting two 6 packs of ZD in this week. And also wanted to try Gandhi bot too. :(

Just relax and enjoy delicious beer. If there's something you really, really want to try, trade for it. Don't sweat making sure that your trade is absolutely even if you're trading something you're willing to part with for something that you like.

It seems like you are trying to tick beers off your list as fast as you can. Someone in the main beer thread said it best a few months ago. Don't feel like you have to play Beer Pokemon - you're going to burn yourself out, dude!

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 6, 2013

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Also, don't trade stuff you don't have in hand yet. It's bad form. What if your ZD box gets smashed? Did that guy box up the Ghandi already? Now what?

Drink some beer and relax.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
OK. I'll relax. I think I'll go back to one trade at a time. Earlier this week I sent out 3 packages in one day. I'm thinking you guys are right :(

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

1) Don't trade beer you don't have in your hand. Exceptions: Pre-trades (and make it clear that it's a pre-trade) for beer that you will definitely be receiving in the near future (i.e. in-person picking up a predefined allotment, etc.). And your trade partner doesn't ship a drat thing until that beer is in your hand.
2) Drink more locals. You're not in the middle of North Dakota; there are likely plenty of good breweries and beers in your area. You appeared in the beer thread in October, and I can understand that someone might not have found that thread but still have had been drinking good beer for a while, but it seems like you're trying to jump in to the 'whales' game way too drat early in your beer drinking 'career'. Slow down. Trading away beer you just traded for is a good way to burn through your pocketbook without actually getting you more beer.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Goon Beer eXchange: SLOW THE gently caress DOWN

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I will say that Gandhi-Bot is very good, but is very frequently available. I visit the brewery pretty often and have shipped off mini-growlers of their stuff before.

Also, NEBCO is moving to a much, much larger facility down the road this month, so production is going to go through the roof. Sit tight, Gandhi-Bot's gonna be available for a while yet - no danger of it disappearing. :)

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
I feel like a little kid now. I appreciate all the info.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

Cbear posted:

I feel like a little kid now. I appreciate all the info.

I don't mean to sound like I'm yelling 'get off my lawn' or anything like that and I don't want to discourage you from discovering new beer. Really, I didn't get into beer 'seriously' until about two years ago or so. I'm just trying to relate some things I experienced myself distilled down into bullet points so that others don't experience some of the mistakes I and friends made.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
If you don't facepalm when looking back at your earlier beer habits, you might have done it wrong.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

ChickenArise posted:

If you don't facepalm when looking back at your earlier beer habits, you might have done it wrong.

Are you implying that "Good Beer Sunday" featuring Killian's wasn't a good idea?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ISO: The Bruery - The Wanderer B2

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005

crazyfish posted:

I don't mean to sound like I'm yelling 'get off my lawn' or anything like that and I don't want to discourage you from discovering new beer. Really, I didn't get into beer 'seriously' until about two years ago or so. I'm just trying to relate some things I experienced myself distilled down into bullet points so that others don't experience some of the mistakes I and friends made.

Not at all. Everything you guys have said is spot on. My problem was finding a beer that people actually wanted to trade for. Then it became a mad dash to try to trade them all to get everything I've been reading about.

I have an obsessive personality by nature so its just a perfect storm right now.

I'll try to drink some of my current stock of beers and ease back on trades for now.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

danbanana posted:

Are you implying that "Good Beer Sunday" featuring Killian's wasn't a good idea?

But what about the time I played beer pong with 90 minute IPA?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

air- posted:

That's a dumb decision with a good beer. I do that poo poo weekly.

broom
Aug 29, 2005

air- posted:

Was that before or after the time I played Edward 40 Hands with NG Belgian Red?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

broom posted:

Was that before or after the time I played Edward 40 Hands with NG Belgian Red?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

Cbear posted:

Not at all. Everything you guys have said is spot on. My problem was finding a beer that people actually wanted to trade for. Then it became a mad dash to try to trade them all to get everything I've been reading about.

I have an obsessive personality by nature so its just a perfect storm right now.

I'll try to drink some of my current stock of beers and ease back on trades for now.

I think there's a bit of a process each beer nerd should go through, but many fail to do, which is to drink a lovely version of a style, an average "can't go wrong" version, a pretty good version, then really sink your teeth into the gold standard of the style. There's something to be said for being able to truly appreciate what makes a good beer good, and realizing what brewery X did that the others who attempted that style failed at adds (for me, at least) another level of enjoyment.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

wattershed posted:

I think there's a bit of a process each beer nerd should go through, but many fail to do, which is to drink a lovely version of a style, an average "can't go wrong" version, a pretty good version, then really sink your teeth into the gold standard of the style. There's something to be said for being able to truly appreciate what makes a good beer good, and realizing what brewery X did that the others who attempted that style failed at adds (for me, at least) another level of enjoyment.

This is good wisdom but it could also backfire, as I tried some IPAs over the years that weren't very good and I said "this is the worst style of beer" but recently blasted some featured Founders pales (Double Trouble and Red's) and realized hey, this can actually be really good. Also long ago I thought Guinness was the gold standard for stout and thought I hated them, but also it was because Guinness was too bitter and flavorful for me at the time so it goes without saying that those were my early days. I tried it again recently and was like "hey, I don't remember this tasting so much like water,,,,"

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Looking for a Backyard Rye and a couple of coffee BCBS. If anyone's looking to move them let me know and we can talk. I have a lot of stuff available.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Just hopping in to say that Daunte Vicknabb is an amazing trader. I'm going to have to ship a follow up box because he really went overboard with all the extras. Super generous dude.

confonnit
Sep 28, 2001

Looking for some regular ol BCBS. I got screwed by Georgia's ABV cap and thus missed out, and as a recent transplant from Chicago reading everyone's posts about it is really making me miss it. I don't have much to offer as far as trade goes but would be more than willing to pay for the beer + shipping along with any local beers I have access to. I know it's a long shot but if anyone is interested PM or email confonnit@gmail.com.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Trying to track down a proprietors before a Christmas bottle share.

FT:

-GBS
-Bcbs coffee 4-pack
-bcbs 4-packs
-abraxas

Probably not enough to get it done. But if anyone has interest let me know through PM.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

Cbear posted:

Trying to track down a proprietors before a Christmas bottle share.

FT:

-GBS
-Bcbs coffee 4-pack
-bcbs 4-packs
-abraxas

Probably not enough to get it done. But if anyone has interest let me know through PM.

I don't have PMs, but if you're in the Chicago area and can do an in person, we can try to make something work. My email is uuudar(at)gmail.com

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I'd be interested in getting my hands on a Proprietors as well. If anyone has one let's make some magic happen.

http://www.beercellar.me/cellar/hatfulofhollow

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Is it worth trying to trade for a BCBS Rare at this point? I think I could probably snag one for the combo of my Proprietor's + Cthulhu, but I think I recall hearing that Rare is past its prime at this point, and with a new batch coming in 2015, I may just be better waiting it out. Thoughts?

I'd really like to try Rare or Vanilla at some point, but I'll probably just use Crazyfish's vanilla bean recipe to emulate the latter.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Cervixalot posted:

Is it worth trying to trade for a BCBS Rare at this point? I think I could probably snag one for the combo of my Proprietor's + Cthulhu, but I think I recall hearing that Rare is past its prime at this point, and with a new batch coming in 2015, I may just be better waiting it out. Thoughts?

I'd really like to try Rare or Vanilla at some point, but I'll probably just use Crazyfish's vanilla bean recipe to emulate the latter.

I had Rare a year ago and it's still probably the best variant. Though YMMV, especially giving up those two for one.

Also "new batch" should definitely be in quotes; They aren't using Pappy barrels so what's aging right now is really something different. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't going to be another Proprietor's (since they're doing an annual release of that with a different recipe each year).

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

Cervixalot posted:

Rare might be worth it to the right person. It is the epitome of what BCBS can be, and it was still great when I drank mine in April, but prop + cthulhu is a princely sum to give up. Personally, I wouldn't trade for one again or pay what it cost (I got one at last year's Binny's purchase raffle for $75, and it was worth it then, but I wouldn't pay it again today to drink).

BCBVS is almost definitely not worth it at this point. It's still a great beer, but it is no longer the vanilla bomb it was fresh. Just do the vanilla bean recipe with some regular. That reminds me, I need to use up some vanilla beans...

crazyfish fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 9, 2013

broom
Aug 29, 2005

crazyfish posted:

BCBVS is almost definitely not worth it at this point. It's still a great beer, but it is no longer the vanilla bomb it was fresh. Just do the vanilla bean recipe with some regular. That reminds me, I need to use up some vanilla beans...

Echo this, had it 2 months ago and it just tasted like aged BCBS. Still great, but I really strained to find the vanilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Cervixalot posted:

I have a Rare in my wine fridge that I would be willing to part with for that duo. PM me if you'd like to work something out!

• Locked thread