Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

amuayse posted:

How do I get to mastery level 6 fast? I was crushed I couldn't build my Ogris when I got all the components.

Make crappy weapons, equip two crappy weapons and one good one and then go run Cyath over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

Gestalt Intellect posted:

So join the clan so you can get the dojo items? The Dera and Ignis are fun and will last you to rank 6 no problem. Also I haven't tried the Sobek but apparently it's really good and you can get it at rank 4.

I applied to clan a few days ago, still waiting for that.

I'll try leveling some of the easy to craft weapons.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Warframes give better mastery 'xp' than weapons. Little tricky at times to farm up the resources and parts. Though this means buying extra inventory slots for the frames but it's not too expensive.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Broniki posted:

I applied to clan a few days ago, still waiting for that.

I'll try leveling some of the easy to craft weapons.

It's likely you have a pending invite to accept. If you are ps4, we toss the invitws out as they are posted. If you don't have one just post again and and I'll send it tonight. Assuming you are ps4.

Duo
Aug 4, 2002
So I've been playing the PS4 version using the Excalibur and it's a blast. I also have a pc account with a Mag and I was waiting until they allow the account copies again, but I just picked up the ps+ pack that gives 50k credits and some affinity/exp boosts for a few days. Do you think it would be a serious disadvantage to just have the two separate accounts? I mean obviously besides having to go through nodes again. I've really only just reached silver initiate the other day on my pc, and my mag rank is at 19.

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

I'm on the PC, I did the thing in the OP post and made sure I had no other invites. They did say to wait a few days though.

IGN is Vegalion

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Broniki posted:

I'm on the PC, I did the thing in the OP post and made sure I had no other invites. They did say to wait a few days though.

IGN is Vegalion
Check again, you were sent an invite yesterday.

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Got it now, was looking at the wrong tab. Cheers guys.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
Mechanics question:
Glaive says it deals 18 charge damage.
Yet against unshielded Corpus, it was dealing 55.
???

Does that mean that Glaive Prime's 75 damage is also wrong?

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010

Raruna posted:

Mechanics question:
Glaive says it deals 18 charge damage.
Yet against unshielded Corpus, it was dealing 55.
???

Does that mean that Glaive Prime's 75 damage is also wrong?

Its 18 base. Some enemies are weak to certain damage types. Its on the wiki somewhere.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Thanks for that nvidia code tip, snagged one for me and another as a gift. Cheers!

Mod chat: Has Guardian been removed? It is no longer listed to drop from shield Ospreys. And what's a good price for Flow/Streamline/continuity? I don't know where/how to farm them properly and my gear isn't ready for high level missions just yet.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I think they changed something about the hammer, it doesn't launch things around like giant golf balls made out of people anymore :(

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Physics damage isn't really a thing anymore. Knockback is instead a chance to proc from Impact damage, so if you want more knockback put more +status % mods in your mallet.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Or build a Kestrel, it remains one of the most fun weapons in the game.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Kokoro Wish posted:

Physics damage isn't really a thing anymore. Stagger is instead a chance to proc from Impact damage, so if you want more Stagger put more +status % mods in your mallet.

Calling the impact "status effect" knockback is giving it too much credit. :colbert:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm checking out the wiki, but does anyone have anything to say about Transmutation? I'm pretty new to the game, but I have a bunch of mods and I'm not sure if it's worth doing at low level.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I think the general consensus is that it's a waste of mods and credits, especially with all the junk mods U10 and U11 dumped on us.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

triplexpac posted:

I'm checking out the wiki, but does anyone have anything to say about Transmutation? I'm pretty new to the game, but I have a bunch of mods and I'm not sure if it's worth doing at low level.

Don't do it.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
As someone who has blown hundreds of thousands of credits on Transmutation, I heartily recommend everyone stay the gently caress away from it!

I've gotten one decent mod out of it, but putting in 4 rare mods and 36,000 credits and getting a Warframe ability out of it is the most disheartening thing ever :negative:

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
On an unrelated note, building Clantech parts is exceedingly laborious but I'm pretty stoked about building both Synapse and Flux Rifle today (built Ignis a few days ago). My credits have just vanished, though. poo poo's expensive.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
Transmutation serves absolutely no beneficial purpose, it really shouldn't be in the game to begin with. The only thing that sets it apart is that you *might* get a nightmare mod, corrupted mod or aura mod from it.

You're better off just playing the game and lucking into a random drop.

Chubbs fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 6, 2013

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
So, on the PS4, if I click off the "hold X to wallrun" controls option, what do I do instead to trigger a wallrun?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Thranguy posted:

So, on the PS4, if I click off the "hold X to wallrun" controls option, what do I do instead to trigger a wallrun?

You just press X instead of hold it. And absolutely turn off that setting. Doing some of the more complex maneuvers with hold X is pretty much impossible. I couldn't even imagine doing the orokin reactor room if I will still using hold X.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Piell posted:

Make crappy weapons, equip two crappy weapons and one good one and then go run Cyath over and over.

Thanks. I've been having fun playing Excalibur without using any weapons except the Codex Scanner now. Slash Dash with Streamline+Stretch+Pendragon Helmet is awesome. The fact the carrier sucks up all the energy orbs is useful as well.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Chubbs posted:

Transmutation serves absolutely no beneficial purpose, it really shouldn't be in the game to begin with. The only thing that sets it apart is that you *might* get a nightmare mod, corrupted mod or aura mod from it.

You're better off just playing the game and lucking into a random drop.

Thanks to everyone telling me to stay away from Transmutation! haha

The OP might need a refresh for us beginners, telling us this stuff. Just an idea.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
Does anyone know if PS4 to PC account migration will be possible? I know eventually the reverse will be possible. The issue for me is I've already played quite a bit on PS4, but platinum is so much cheaper for PC accounts.

edit: Nevermind, seems like the migration will be PC to PS4 only.

Dilkington fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 6, 2013

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

Physics damage isn't really a thing anymore. Knockback is instead a chance to proc from Impact damage, so if you want more knockback put more +status % mods in your mallet.

This isn't the point. when I used to kill people with the hammer they would go flying all over the place, bouncing nonsensically off of walls and ceilings before coming to a sudden and mysterious halt floating motionless in midair. Now the hammer just sort of clips through them and they may or may not slowly fall over.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
And I'm saying that it's not an inherent thing anymore by the looks because of the damage changes, but it's still there in a way and if you want it you kind of need to slot for it now? I am unsure what about the statement isn't addressing the point. Paris doesn't automatically knock people back either, which I'm sort of sad about, but slotting for some +staus effect on a Cernos gives me more or less the same deal every other arrow or more. It's not exactly the same no, but it isn't as broken to look at (as much as I sometimes liked pinning people to thin air or their own limbs it was stupid goofy), or as broken games mechanics wise. Then again knockback is still pretty goofy because you'll hit them, they'll stand there for a second looking dumb, then TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAAAAAAAIIIIN!

E: Editted for sort more clarity.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 6, 2013

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

This isn't the point. when I used to kill people with the hammer they would go flying all over the place, bouncing nonsensically off of walls and ceilings before coming to a sudden and mysterious halt floating motionless in midair. Now the hammer just sort of clips through them and they may or may not slowly fall over.

Report it in the bug reports section of the forum.

Basically, because ragdolling was originally keyed to damage types but not anymore, a lot of weapons which normally would ragdoll no longer do in Damage 2.0.

They fixed this by making some weapons force ragdoll and others force ragdolling on death, but they may have forgotten about the hammer.

LostEnder
Jul 3, 2012

Definitely wait on Transmutation, there was a mention on the podcast last night of them removing the Warframe abilities from the pool in the near future.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
The first thing I did after installing was buy a Braton, following the OP's advice. But now that I've maxed my Braton and had to fall back on using the MK-1 just so I could get more mastery, I'm finding that I'm actually fond of the MK-1. It doesn't poo poo out its entire magazine in two seconds and I don't know if I'm just imagining it, but it feels easier to control as well. The Braton's clearly better for when HOLY gently caress GENESTEALERS EVERYWHERE AAAAAAA and aiming is irrelevant and you're just hosing down a swarm of infested, but in dealing with just a couple of incoming enemies at a time the MK-1 seems to be giving me an easier time with headshots, fewer wasted shots, and fewer times where I get stuck reloading while assholes pummel me.

Of course, it's somewhat significant that I had found a couple of serration mods by the time I started using the MK-1, so my current experience with the gun is not the same as it would've been as a complete newbie without any good rifle mods. It needed the damage boosts fairly desperately.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Valatar posted:

The first thing I did after installing was buy a Braton, following the OP's advice. But now that I've maxed my Braton and had to fall back on using the MK-1 just so I could get more mastery, I'm finding that I'm actually fond of the MK-1. It doesn't poo poo out its entire magazine in two seconds and I don't know if I'm just imagining it, but it feels easier to control as well. The Braton's clearly better for when HOLY gently caress GENESTEALERS EVERYWHERE AAAAAAA and aiming is irrelevant and you're just hosing down a swarm of infested, but in dealing with just a couple of incoming enemies at a time the MK-1 seems to be giving me an easier time with headshots, fewer wasted shots, and fewer times where I get stuck reloading while assholes pummel me.

Of course, it's somewhat significant that I had found a couple of serration mods by the time I started using the MK-1, so my current experience with the gun is not the same as it would've been as a complete newbie without any good rifle mods. It needed the damage boosts fairly desperately.

Get the Latron then. It's a single-shot gun that isn't lame and stupid like the mk-1 Braton.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Get the Latron then. It's a single-shot gun that isn't lame and stupid like the mk-1 Braton.

Or if you want a gun that isn't poo poo, the burston or hind. Same or better accuracy, better damage, built in V polarity, and better when you need to mow down waves of enemies. I think the burston at least is cheaper, too. I say this as a person who has used both latrons and the burston and hind.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
The Hind is easily one of the best rifles in the game. Unfortunately all semi-auto and burst type guns suffer terribly the lower your framerate gets, so watch out for that.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
How is the Gorgon?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

amuayse posted:

How is the Gorgon?

It's like a version of another gun, the Soma, but worse in absolutely every way.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Curse you Mastery Rank 6.

Shady3011
Oct 21, 2008

LostEnder posted:

Definitely wait on Transmutation, there was a mention on the podcast last night of them removing the Warframe abilities from the pool in the near future.

That was in today's hotfix along with a nerf for the Brakk. :qq:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/144314-hotfix-1121/

quote:

Hotfix 11.2.1:

Changes:
- Removed Warframe and Sentinel Abilities (Precepts) from Mod Packs and Transmute results.
- Brakk change:
Damage slanted towards impact damage.
Little more spread added.
Fall off added (10-20m)
- Magnetic Proc now deactivates on death or pre-death.
- Added ragdoll events to Crawler elemental deaths to improve Desecrate results.
- Desecrate is now only possible if corpses are present.
- Removed latency in HUD pickup messages and fixed message aggregation (all messages were delayed by 2.5s before they'd show up on the HUD to allow Credit piles to add together; this was annoying for rare things like resource drops and didn't always prevent multiple independent Credit messages)
- Made Sentinel kills count towards your kill stats (including the leaderboard score); stats in profile will now track Sentinel weapons as well.
- Windows are no longer breakable in the spawn room to prevent Survival Exploit.
- “T” now opens Social menu in Menus as well as in-game.
- “ESC” applies to Social Menu last now, if you have Arsenal and other things open, it will ESC first, etc.
- Disabled Hotkey-bound consumable items in Conclaves.
- Removed Mission Wrinkles in M Prime to improve new player experience (no blindsided Exterminates!)

Fixes:
- Fixed issues where FPS would deteriorate in long missions due to lingering ammo pickups & drops.
- Fixed game hang/freeze when scrolling through profile selection screen.
- Fixed issue where Mod grid would refresh if a mod was unselected (making fusing mods frustrating)
- Fixed issues where the Codex Scanner was affected by weapon damage buffs/debuffs (like the Extinguished Dragon Key).
- Fixed issues with Nova’s Wormhole not always working, even if energy was drained.
- Fixed issue with Nova’s Wormhole going through the world environment.
- Fixed issues where damage inflicted by clients would not power up Nyx’s Absorb or Nova’s Antimatter Drop.
- Fixed issue where Nova’s Antimatter Drop would not trigger explosive radial damage in certain cases.
- Fixed issue where enemies would not spawn in Grineer Asteroid Tileset in some cases.
- Fixed aspect-ratio setting not being saved when the game is using DirectX 11.
- Fixed several issues with Lotus’s text not appearing for Jackal, Vor, and Vay Hek.
- Fixed issue where Valkyr’s Hysteria added a level 30 Furax to Arsenal on mission complete.
- Fixed issue where Revive Players achievement would spam screen every time you revived someone.
- Fixed to the Social menu snapping back to a certain position in-game when it gets hidden.
- Fixed players only using a single pistol from their dual set after placing a data mass.
- Fixed missing Phorid Diorama.
- Fixed enemies being affected by knockdown/ragdoll while in Bastille, Well of Life, or Energy Vampire.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

quote:

- Fixed issue where Valkyr’s Hysteria added a level 30 Furax to Arsenal on mission complete.

I wish I had gotten hit by that glitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

quote:

D...Digital extremes??