Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

Eigo posted:

So me and a couple other friends are probably just going to stick to playing without goons for a bit, to "progress" through the game should we just keep doing missions as we're able and do the matter board and the rest will open up as it goes?

The only missions you need to do to advance are the client orders issued by Koffie. The matterboards only affect the storyline, which advances independently of the missions you have available. You complete a board by filling all the gold spaces, which will open up a story mission that you need to finish to obtain the next board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
The matter boards also open up client orders for certain NPCs, but none of them are required to access content in the game.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Devour or Fire posted:

At least half of most groups run it to completion now though, that's sort of cool.
First time I ran it since Trick or Treat cockblocked it for a month and I found sparkdoggy at the end after the two Cougars. That was a nice 225,000 exp to get. :mmmhmm:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Ran it this morning and Couger Ace was nice enough to give me a sword camo. They're worth almost nothing now but hey, its welcome.

seriously when did sega make the drop rate sane? Ive gotten like a dozen 10* rares over the past week or so.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
SHAQs are going to (not) drop 11* gear and you'll all have something new to rage over. Don't worry.

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?

MR. J posted:

SHAQs are going to (not) drop 11* gear and you'll all have something new to rage over. Don't worry.

Gonna drop an 11* Basketball.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

fuxxo posted:

Gonna drop an 11* Basketball.

Is there a Chaos Dunk PA?

Coincidentally, the upcoming Katana/Bow PAs look neat. Not that I've tried the recent new ones, but still.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Is there a Chaos Dunk PA?

Coincidentally, the upcoming Katana/Bow PAs look neat. Not that I've tried the recent new ones, but still.

Surprise dunk is pretty great, surprised i never see anyone use it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Tengames posted:

Oh heck, I totally forgot about Surprise Dunk. Welp!

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Tengames posted:

I may start using it again if I can get a hold of a lv16 this December.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
Funny surprise about the new EQ is that because of the way it's only composed of two areas and has a global clear condition, if any party clears the final checkpoint, it will automatically clear the quest for all other parties in the instance. Since there's a very high chance of triggering crossbursts, a competent party can totally cockblock people who want to burst farm.

Mr. Sunabouzu
Nov 13, 2009

The face of true terror.
I stopped playing a few months ago but popped back in to check out Bravers. Apparently I just never turned in the burning rangers client order so it's sitting in my list, is there any way to turn it in or has that ship sailed?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Nope, unless by some miracle the same Xie comes back at the same time next year. I doubt it's worth holding on to that client order for that long though.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
Reading the description of Punish Arrow, it'll either be hilariously broken or totally underwhelming.

To whit: Fires a special sphere of light. While the sphere is generated, damage done to the enemy is recorded, and after a set period of time elapses, the sphere explodes inflicting an amount of additional damage equal to the damage inflicted up to that point, exploding the enemy.

So depending on whether it's just the damage done by the character using it, or all damage from any character, you can either double the damage dealt during the duration by either yourself, or everyone. The duration seems to be a few seconds based on the preview video. If it's the former, it seems pretty fiddly for not a whole lot of benefit, while if it's the latter, using it in 12 man boss fights with Weak Bullets means an insane amount of damage. Timing it right so that the Gunners, Fighters, and Hunters all land their money shots on a WB during the lead time could easily clock in the millions. It also raises the question of whether it stacks, or if it's one per enemy like WB. If it does stack for multiple Bravers, then we're looking at ridiculously anticlimactic boss fights.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Combat Finish, too. Surely it'd just be the user.. But then bow PAs take a while to charge, so.. Yeah I don't know what to make of it.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

This is the first time I tried to login during maintenance. When do the servers normally come back online?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Usually at/by 5PM JST.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-patch-and-campaigns-1242013/

They decided to schedule some Cradle and Falz EQs for sane times for us this week, with Falz on the 5th and 9th at 11pm (est) and the Darker's Den on the 6th-8th at 11pm.

Also each day this week will again have a specific Free Exploration quest marked for bonus 50% exp. These boosts will bump up to 100% exp with a 100% rare enemy boost for ninety minutes on Midnight from the 6th to the 10th (read 5th to the 9th if you are west of EST)

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo Kartargots can buck you off their backs in SH.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
You mean by teleporting away? Because they do that poo poo all the time in SH. :argh:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

MR. J posted:

You mean by teleporting away? Because they do that poo poo all the time in SH. :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw2eXeO-F9w

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I went and downloaded a bunch of symbol art from some rar file somewhere.

Was not surprised it was full of hentai and reddit poo poo.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah I don't know what you were expecting. The only one you need is :toot: anyway.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I believe you are forgetting the JoJo's symbol arts.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh, oh shoot. Please, forgive my error, Schub.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
So the few friends I brought over to try it are only a few levels into the volcano zone. They enjoyed the Monkey boss a little bit and found the EQ with Falz (?) hands fun but the difficulty of missions outside of the EQ is pretty low, how quick does it start to pick up? Do big monsters ever become more of the norm over all the smaller monster missions?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah, unlocking Hard will help you out. Midbosses like Rockbear, De Malmoth Zeshrayda, Falz Hunar (technically!)can appear mid-mission and are more likely to appear in MPA areas. After Volcano, every third Arks Quest for an area is a mid-boss, I think, too.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

So is there anyone who still plays this game? I was in Nol Vacancy back when this game was p popular, but I got purged in October. Any of the people I used to play with still play? My SegaID was ShigMan.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

i do cocaine posted:

So is there anyone who still plays this game? I was in Nol Vacancy back when this game was p popular, but I got purged in October. Any of the people I used to play with still play? My SegaID was ShigMan.

Eh? There certainly wasn't any purges in October. In fact, it still shows you as a member of the team in a rather old position, so you never left at all. I guess one would think they got kicked seeing our rather low attendance lately, but it's slowly building up again.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I keep meaning to sign back in but life's been keeping me busy. I'll be on more regularly soon so at the very least this part of the team ain't dead!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I loved playing the Demo of this for the Xbox and I think I tried this game out once before? I'd definitely like to try again, what are the best times to get ahold of goons for fun times with PSO2?

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
There is no demo for PSO2, nor any console version. You may be thinking of PSU.

Vinchenz
Jul 13, 2012

But trust me, I know that I'm the worst bastard here.
So I'm thinking of importing the Playstation Vita version of this game. Has anyone tried it? Does it play alright? And do I need to do anything special in order to play it?

I heard North Americans can get banned so I was wondering if playing the Vita version in general bypasses that.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
No one has ever been banned solely because they play from North America, so you don't need to get the Vita version if that is your only reason. As for how that version plays, I cannot say.

Lamhirh
Sep 8, 2012
They don't ban North Americans.

Kirbysuperstar wrote up a guide about the Vita version, it's in the thread's second post and will answer your questions.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Technically you could get banned for being a non-Japanese player, but it hasn't happened and 99% likely won't. Also yeah that guide should answer most of your queries, but feel free to ask more questions about it!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Surprise Noodle posted:

There is no demo for PSO2, nor any console version. You may be thinking of PSU.

My bad, I was thinking PSO1 for the 360

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Turtlicious posted:

My bad, I was thinking PSO1 for the 360

pso1 was on the orginal Xbox, not the 360.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm thinking Phantasy Star: Universe then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah, Universe. That said, if you liked Universe, there's a good chance you'll have a load of fun with Online 2.

• Locked thread