Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I don't think there's enough of them to be worth building around at Peasant level. Instigator Gang and Mayor of Avabruck are half the reason to even consider playing Werewolves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

You can just include a few, so that you're able to make a deck that has several of them. In my cube I don't particularly try to support werewolves and I run Reckless Waif (awesome aggro card), Afflicted Deserter, Gatstaf Shepherd and Lambholt Elder.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I don't have any werewolves in my peasant cube because I'm cheap and have it sleeved in those transparent perfect-fit penny sleeves

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Thanks for the advice! I think I may end up dropping my tribal idea and just using some of the more efficient beaters. Even without tribal support, I think I might try to throw in some Wolf-themed cards for kicks like Howl of the Night Pack. Alternatively, would throwing in a handful of rare "build around me" cards into a mostly peasant cube terribly unbalance things? I was thinking 3-4 for each color, generally stuff like a few M13 Legends, or stuff that might open up another strategy like Splinterfright.

One last (set of) question(s)- What sort of portion of the cube should be gold? I'm aiming for a a cube around 450 cards, and finding it hard to come up with a good guideline for mulitcolor inclusion. Should I handle Hybrid differently than gold?

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Thanks for the advice! I think I may end up dropping my tribal idea and just using some of the more efficient beaters. Even without tribal support, I think I might try to throw in some Wolf-themed cards for kicks like Howl of the Night Pack. Alternatively, would throwing in a handful of rare "build around me" cards into a mostly peasant cube terribly unbalance things? I was thinking 3-4 for each color, generally stuff like a few M13 Legends, or stuff that might open up another strategy like Splinterfright.

One last (set of) question(s)- What sort of portion of the cube should be gold? I'm aiming for a a cube around 450 cards, and finding it hard to come up with a good guideline for mulitcolor inclusion. Should I handle Hybrid differently than gold?

I think a few build-around rares in an otherwise peasant cube is a great idea and is something I've been kicking around for a while, but haven't had the time to really sit down and figure what that would mean for my cube. There are some rares that aren't that much more powerful than uncommon, you just have to find the right rares so that you don't unbalance things too much.

The rule of thumb that I've read is that you should have ~1 gold card for each guild for every 100 cards in your cube. So at the 450 level, this would mean about 4-5 per guild. I don't include mana fixing cards in that count, nor do I include hybrid cards (except ones like Boggart Ram-Gang that will only really ever be played in the specific two-color deck). Most hybrid cards in my cube get classified in their own section, and they all count as half of a card of each of their colors. For instance, Dryad Militant counts as half a white card and half a green card. This helps me ensure balance among the colors even when considering hybrids.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
A while back I wanted to see if I could make a Peasant Multicolor Cube. My first version functioned, but I built it right before RtR and had, in my opinion too much mana fixing.

I waited until Dragon's Maze hit streets, revamped the Cube and it's working really well.

I added a few cards from Theros and I'm pretty sure it's where I want it, but I'd be happy to hear ideas.

My criteria are simple: all cards are common or uncommon and, with a small exception in the lands, all cards have two different colored mana symbols in their casting cast and/or textbox.

http://cubetutor.com/cubeblog/1863

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Entropic posted:

I don't have any werewolves in my peasant cube because I'm cheap and have it sleeved in those transparent perfect-fit penny sleeves

This is why I don't run any flip cards in my peasant cube. If I didn't have this issue, I'd probably run:

Reckless Waif, awesome aggressive one drop that i played in my budget standard deck last year.
Civilized Scholar, for a looter that also can double as a beatstick.
Cloistered Youth, for being an aggressive creature in a color that wants them
Loyal Cathar, value creature, same deal.

There's a bunch of other ones that I'd consider, but Werewolves aren't the majority. While I find Werewolves awesome, few of them are as reliable at going off as Reckless Waif is - it's very hard to prevent her from flipping if she comes down t1 on the play. She's significantly worse on the draw, and she's pretty awkward in the mid game, though ironically she's fairly reliable as a 3/2 towards the endgame, when aggressive red decks might be running out of action. Other werewolves don't have as reliable a window to punish slow starts, and the fact the whole tribe can be punished heavily by an opposing aggressive player who double-plays two drops on 4 can be a nasty tempo hit.

The non-werewolves are all just cards I like quite a bit that I would be running if draft logistics weren't a pain. Ironically, the werewolves' restrictive flip mechanic makes them a bit harder to justify.

edit: RE: multicolored chat, I actually found my cube setup previously had way too much fixing at 540, due to the overall mediocre card quality of the cube, and the prevalence of fixing rocks with Cluestones + Signets + 25 odd fixing lands. I didn't even have all that much multicolored, but splashing and running 5cc ramp/removal/powerful effects seemed really good compared to the really mediocre aggressive strategies. This was probably more a function of bad aggro support than anything else, but cutting most of the mana rocks while leaving fixing lands has let me cut down while keeping a sizable multicolor section and feeling like splashes and dual-cost cards are quite playable. I'll probably still tweak it, I eventually want to replace gates + panoramas + 5 other slots with bounce lands + ice age pain lands for better overall fixing quality, but I don't quite have the MTG budget to dump into buying that upgrade right this second, before I tune other parts of the list.

KaoliniteMilkshake fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 4, 2013

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

I bought like 500 ultra pro black sleeves in bulk for around 30 dollars and it's worth it, I can easily run all the flip cards (I also run Cloistered Youth, it's good) and the feeling when handling the cards is much better so I'd recommend the purchase.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Hey whitewolf, I love your cube and will be shamelessly adopting the list (or at least most of it). Curious, though, any reason you prefer Chandra Nalar to Chandra, Pyromaster? Or is it just cost since Koth is already in at 2RR?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Mikujin posted:

Hey whitewolf, I love your cube and will be shamelessly adopting the list (or at least most of it). Curious, though, any reason you prefer Chandra Nalar to Chandra, Pyromaster? Or is it just cost since Koth is already in at 2RR?

You should post your list. I'm in the process of modifying and building his cube too.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Brillo_Pad posted:

You should post your list. I'm in the process of modifying and building his cube too.

Don't even have a list ready. I've got tons of the filler for the cube, and am simply going to start assembling. Not sure what side-grades I'll do.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Oh yeah if anyone is interested here's my list: http://cubetutor.com/view/4960 the cube is pretty fun

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Mikujin posted:

Red struggles against creatures with fat asses, and it's one of the few red answers to Exalted Angel, Baneslayer Angel and stuff, and it can actually trade for a Titan straight up. That and the 4cc slot in traditional cubes is jammed with broken stuff, so we found it more and more difficult to find room for Pyromaster in our final 40s. The original Chandra has a huge starting loyalty value too. She's tough to remove, and usually kills a few targets before going into pinger mode.

Glad you like the cube! Feel free to post any more questions you have about the list here, on cubetutor or on MTGS and I'll be happy to answer them. Cheers.

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

edit: RE: multicolored chat, I actually found my cube setup previously had way too much fixing at 540, due to the overall mediocre card quality of the cube, and the prevalence of fixing rocks with Cluestones + Signets + 25 odd fixing lands. I didn't even have all that much multicolored, but splashing and running 5cc ramp/removal/powerful effects seemed really good compared to the really mediocre aggressive strategies. This was probably more a function of bad aggro support than anything else, but cutting most of the mana rocks while leaving fixing lands has let me cut down while keeping a sizable multicolor section and feeling like splashes and dual-cost cards are quite playable. I'll probably still tweak it, I eventually want to replace gates + panoramas + 5 other slots with bounce lands + ice age pain lands for better overall fixing quality, but I don't quite have the MTG budget to dump into buying that upgrade right this second, before I tune other parts of the list.

This is actually really easy to do with a peasant cube. There's so much fixing available (signets, karoos, gates, refuges, etc.), that if you're not careful you can easily go overboard with it. I really think that you should run the minimum mana-fixing possible to make 5-color viable once every couple drafts, otherwise you end up in the situation where everyone's just picking the best cards and scooping up whatever fixing they need to play them. I feel like I've found that balance in my peasant cube, though I am always looking for ways to make it better. My list is here, for the curious: https://www.cubetutor.com/cubeblog/72

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

revengeanceful posted:

This is actually really easy to do with a peasant cube. There's so much fixing available (signets, karoos, gates, refuges, etc.), that if you're not careful you can easily go overboard with it. I really think that you should run the minimum mana-fixing possible to make 5-color viable once every couple drafts, otherwise you end up in the situation where everyone's just picking the best cards and scooping up whatever fixing they need to play them. I feel like I've found that balance in my peasant cube, though I am always looking for ways to make it better. My list is here, for the curious: https://www.cubetutor.com/cubeblog/72

Man oh man this is spot on. This is exactly what happened with the first version of my Peasant Multicolor Cube. First round, take the bombs. Second time, grab all the fixing. Play all the cards.

Can I ask how you got Cube Tutor to organize your lands under the multicolor headings?

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 5, 2013

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!
You have to change the color identity manually in the Edit List area, where you can also specify the set/rarity/foil status/etc of all the cards in your cube.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

revengeanceful posted:

You have to change the color identity manually in the Edit List area, where you can also specify the set/rarity/foil status/etc of all the cards in your cube.

Awesome, thanks.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I've uploaded my cube to CubeTutor so you can tear it apart. The one card which might look strange is Squadron Hawk. When you draft it, you get three extra copies during deckbuilding so it's not just a weird Suntail Hawk.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

Aston posted:

I've uploaded my cube to CubeTutor so you can tear it apart. The one card which might look strange is Squadron Hawk. When you draft it, you get three extra copies during deckbuilding so it's not just a weird Suntail Hawk.

5 spells and 4 lands in every guild is a lot for a ~360 card cube. I'd cut 1 of the lands and 2 of the spells in each section unless you move up to 450. And even there, I'd only run 4 spells/lands per section. It would free up a lot of slots for more colorless/monocolored cards, which will land in a much greater percentage of decks than multicolor cards will.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

This is why I don't run any flip cards in my peasant cube. If I didn't have this issue, I'd probably run:

Reckless Waif, awesome aggressive one drop that i played in my budget standard deck last year.
Civilized Scholar, for a looter that also can double as a beatstick.
Cloistered Youth, for being an aggressive creature in a color that wants them
Loyal Cathar, value creature, same deal.

There's a bunch of other ones that I'd consider, but Werewolves aren't the majority. While I find Werewolves awesome, few of them are as reliable at going off as Reckless Waif is - it's very hard to prevent her from flipping if she comes down t1 on the play. She's significantly worse on the draw, and she's pretty awkward in the mid game, though ironically she's fairly reliable as a 3/2 towards the endgame, when aggressive red decks might be running out of action. Other werewolves don't have as reliable a window to punish slow starts, and the fact the whole tribe can be punished heavily by an opposing aggressive player who double-plays two drops on 4 can be a nasty tempo hit.
Yeah, I've got almost enough retired green ultra-pro mattes now that I'm probably going to sleeve up my cube in them purely so I can run Reckless Waif, Loyal Cathar and Civilized Scholar (and maybe Delver of Secrets).

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

WhiteWolf123 posted:

5 spells and 4 lands in every guild is a lot for a ~360 card cube. I'd cut 1 of the lands and 2 of the spells in each section unless you move up to 450. And even there, I'd only run 4 spells/lands per section. It would free up a lot of slots for more colorless/monocolored cards, which will land in a much greater percentage of decks than multicolor cards will.

I do like having a big multicoloured section, but I'm going to try this for a few drafts and have updated CubeTutor to reflect it. Let's call them probationary cuts for now.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

Aston posted:

I do like having a big multicoloured section, but I'm going to try this for a few drafts and have updated CubeTutor to reflect it. Let's call them probationary cuts for now.

That would open up 30 slots, which is a lot of good colorless/mono-color stuff.

Each gold card can go into roughly 10% of the drafted decks. A mono-color card can go in 40%, and a colorless one can potentially go into 100% of them. That's an enormous boost in playability. Applying to both lands and spells.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I agree with that logic and it's the reason I don't run (and haven't ever run) any tri colour cards. I think it was a bit less pronounced in my cube as I had an emphasis on hybrid, but it never hurts to shake things up a bit. I think I'm going to keep at at 360 for a bit though.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

WhiteWolf123 posted:

That would open up 30 slots, which is a lot of good colorless/mono-color stuff.

Each gold card can go into roughly 10% of the drafted decks. A mono-color card can go in 40%, and a colorless one can potentially go into 100% of them. That's an enormous boost in playability. Applying to both lands and spells.

When you think about putting together a cube, I think a lot of people, myself especially, are drawn to multicolor cards because they often have really cool, unique effects that you just can't get in most mono-color cards. But when you actually think about drafting a cube, you realize how many times you just completely skip over gold cards in a pack because you've pretty much settled into two colors and don't have the fixing to support a third. Thinking about it in those terms made me come around to the idea of being very selective with gold card inclusions, since they're harder to use and often create less interesting drafting decisions than mono-color cards.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

Nibble posted:

When you think about putting together a cube, I think a lot of people, myself especially, are drawn to multicolor cards because they often have really cool, unique effects that you just can't get in most mono-color cards. But when you actually think about drafting a cube, you realize how many times you just completely skip over gold cards in a pack because you've pretty much settled into two colors and don't have the fixing to support a third. Thinking about it in those terms made me come around to the idea of being very selective with gold card inclusions, since they're harder to use and often create less interesting drafting decisions than mono-color cards.

This sums it up perfectly. Gold cards are really cool and flavorful, but they bog down the draft.

taladel
Jun 3, 2011

Fezzin' the days away...
I've been running a cube league at my LGS for the last three weeks, and it's going really well! Three different decks have taken down the drafts. Week 1 was Red aggro splashing for Boros Charm, Week 2 was Golgari recursion, and last week was this sick-rear end Esper Reveillark deck. It's the only one I got pictures of, sorry for potato camera.

Check out my list, and let me know what you think! In my next update I want to add more support for Red control strategies, add the two mana reanimators, and add support for an Oath of Druids deck.

http://cubetutor.com/viewcube/510

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
So I've been working on a Peasant Cube for awhile now (would make a cubetutor for it but it's currently going through edits) and was trying to introduce a Spirit and Arcane subtheme. The way things have been working out with cuts, though, I'm thinking of building a second cube to support that and some tribal stuff I was considering. Spirit/Arcane functioning as it does, what kind of numbers would I be looking at to assure that it's a viable strategy in, say, a 360 cube? Even better, does anyone have any experience with this or a good example I can learn from? I'd like to have at least a cursory representation of all five colors since each has a few great staples, but I could certainly lean more towards the GRU side of things.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Spirit/Arcane is a hard one for Tribal Cube because tribal cubes usually focus on single color/tribe combos with a good splash option (B/R goblins for instance). I guess you could go for some kind of insane multicolor tribal focused cube, with spirits, slivers, myrs, and a load of manafixing. Depending on the numbers and setups there are some decent combos that build on Arcane spells (like, uh, Guildmage/Ritual infinite?) so you could also fix the cube for certain powerful combo setups, but that defeats the idea behind building a draft deck in my opinion.

Edit: I also recently demoed a new cube style for my group that's called Charm School. It's a heavy multicolor cube focused on really low curve stuff and also pretty inexpensive all things considered (very inexpensive if you played heavily in both Ravnica blocks). I'll get a tutor of it up soon.

El Estrago Bonito fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Dec 19, 2013

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
Has anyone ever made a cube that uses just a few or even only one color? I feel like a mono-red cube would be fun for some laughs or something

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

dangerburrd posted:

Has anyone ever made a cube that uses just a few or even only one color? I feel like a mono-red cube would be fun for some laughs or something

Locals at my shop actually mentioned having a mono-red cube, but i'm on an early schedule and the pod was full, so I didn't get a look at it. People seemed really excited by it, so apparently it's fun to play.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
Finally, an environment where mono-red control is a viable strategy. I think red is probably the best colour for a mono cube, but white might have potential as well. Would the cube have (colourless) artifacts, or does that pollute the integrity of monocoloured design? If so, it'd be funny to go all-in on colourless just to spite the designer.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Some Numbers posted:

A while back I wanted to see if I could make a Peasant Multicolor Cube. My first version functioned, but I built it right before RtR and had, in my opinion too much mana fixing.

I waited until Dragon's Maze hit streets, revamped the Cube and it's working really well.

I added a few cards from Theros and I'm pretty sure it's where I want it, but I'd be happy to hear ideas.

My criteria are simple: all cards are common or uncommon and, with a small exception in the lands, all cards have two different colored mana symbols in their casting cast and/or textbox.

http://cubetutor.com/cubeblog/1863

I like the idea but I feel like three-color cards are a little too narrow, given that the fixing isn't great (by design) and you're likely to go three colors because the saturation of cards for a 2-color deck isn't there so three-color cards are not going to see much competition.

Also I think cluestones are weak and for guild artifacts you should go for Keyrunes/Cluestones.

Also RUG seems really good.

How do you feel about certain utility lands like Vitu-Ghazi? I feel like tokens could use another generator like that to make something like Naya Tokens work (Tokens + Hit // Run :getin:).

Zoness fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 23, 2013

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zoness posted:

I like the idea but I feel like three-color cards are a little too narrow, given that the fixing isn't great (by design) and you're likely to go three colors because the saturation of cards for a 2-color deck isn't there so three-color cards are not going to see much competition.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. My idea was that the Shard cards would be really powerful, strong enough to warrant a slightly weaker manabase. In practice, almost every deck is at least three colors, so the Shard cards are mostly big bombs (Slave of Bolas, Gloryscale, etc) and really flexible cards (Crystallization, Ambush Beetle, etc)

quote:

Also I think cluestones are weak and for guild artifacts you should go for Keyrunes/Cluestones.
I assume you mean Signets? Signets are really really strong, a bit stronger than I'd like. I agree that Cluestones are pretty weak, but they get the job done without enabling an easy five color deck.

quote:

Also RUG seems really good.
I don't think you're wrong, but Grixis seems like it has the most power. Do you mean too strong? Do you think specific cards need to be watched?

quote:

How do you feel about certain utility lands like Vitu-Ghazi? I feel like tokens could use another generator like that to make something like Naya Tokens work (Tokens + Hit // Run :getin:).
If you look, I have Prahv, Skarrg and Sunhome; I'm counting them as spells, because they make colorless. I thought about Vitu-Ghazi, but five mana for a 1/1 isn't good enough to warrant removing another card from the most stacked guild.

Rix-Maadi might be good enough, but I think that's the only guild land I'd consider adding.

I appreciate you looking at the Cube and critiquing it.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 23, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Some Numbers posted:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. My idea was that the Shard cards would be really powerful, strong enough to warrant a slightly weaker manabase. In practice, almost every deck is at least three colors, so the Shard cards are mostly big bombs (Slave of Bolas, Gloryscale, etc) and really flexible cards (Crystallization, Ambush Beetle, etc)

etc...

I was more thinking that cards like Dromar's Charm and Naya Charm are really not going to be hotly contested given the nature of the cube. This may or may not be okay, I was just thinking that I was never excited to see one that wasn't in my color combination. Actually I guess the thing isn't so much about RUG as U/R/x having what on the surface seems like the most saliently flexible plan compared to the other color combinations.

Also I didn't see the utility lands in the spells section :blush:. Also yeah I meant signets over cluestones, that was a brain fart. If signets are too powerful what about Talismans? The main thing I don't like about Cluestones is they compete for the three-drop slot as opposed to propel you to the four-drop slot and I think fixing/acceleration at 2 CMC seems better in the abstract.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zoness posted:

I was more thinking that cards like Dromar's Charm and Naya Charm are really not going to be hotly contested given the nature of the cube. This may or may not be okay, I was just thinking that I was never excited to see one that wasn't in my color combination. Actually I guess the thing isn't so much about RUG as U/R/x having what on the surface seems like the most saliently flexible plan compared to the other color combinations.

Also I didn't see the utility lands in the spells section :blush:.

In my experience drafting the Cube, people end up in the same shard or at least guild reasonably often. Naya Charm is a very powerful effect and if I passed it, I wouldn't expect to see it again.

Then again, last night I saw Savage Twister fifth pick in pack three, so maybe I'm just crazy.

taladel
Jun 3, 2011

Fezzin' the days away...

Some Numbers posted:

In my experience drafting the Cube, people end up in the same shard or at least guild reasonably often. Naya Charm is a very powerful effect and if I passed it, I wouldn't expect to see it again.

Then again, last night I saw Savage Twister fifth pick in pack three, so maybe I'm just crazy.

I am always surprised by what comes late in my cube drafts.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
So we've been having a problem with G/x ramp being a bit too weak, mostly because it doesn't seem to be able to finish the game. As a result, my playgroup has requested that I add more ramp targets. Here is what I am currently running (I'm only counting creatures that cost 6 or more as ramp targets):

Green:
Primeval Titan
Hornet Queen
Woodfall Primus

Artifact:
Wurmcoil Engine
Myr Battlesphere
Sundering Titan

Any suggestions for additions? I have been pondering adding: Terastadon, Avenger of Zendikar, Pelakka Wurm, and/or Craterhoof Behemoth. I'm mostly looking for green creatures in particular because there is way more competition for artifact fatties than green ones, making it harder for a ramp deck to get them.

EDIT: What about some of the lower cost Eldrazi like Ulamog's Crusher or Artizan of Kozilek as ramp targets?

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 24, 2013

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!
I know a lot of cubes have Avenger of Zendikar as a big green fatty for the ramp deck. Terastodon and Craterhoof are also both popular choices, but they also tend to get snapped up by the reanimator/Show and Tell/Eureka decks.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

revengeanceful posted:

I know a lot of cubes have Avenger of Zendikar as a big green fatty for the ramp deck. Terastodon and Craterhoof are also both popular choices, but they also tend to get snapped up by the reanimator/Show and Tell/Eureka decks.

I have progressively cut back support for reanimator, while Show & Tell and Eureka aren't in my cube, so there will be much less competition for them in my cube compared to others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
So I'm trying to dip my toe into cube. I have a first draft list, http://cubetutor.com/visualspoiler/6572

I'm doing this on a budget-ish with mostly things I have. I'm going to work on trading for more powerful cards etc, but if you have a question on why isn't a thing in there, its probably because its over a few dollars and I don't have it.

My landbase I went with shocks, checks, and a combo of fastland/painland/scryland. I think if the archtype is slower or more control a scyrland is going to suit it better. With that thought I'm going to switch UW to a scryland as soon as it comes out. I'd like to work on getting swords, some better fatties, fetches, etc. but all in due time.