Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Is... Is Berlusconi having an orgasm? Because it wouldn't surprise me the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Tories and the autumn statement - George Osborne has said that a crackdown on tax avoidance will fund £1,000 grants for homebuyers to improve energy efficiency"

Yesterday's Sunday Telegraph:

Telegraph:

Yesterday's Independent on Sunday:

Independent:

Express:

Snatter! :ohdearsass:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Cloud Potato posted:

Express:

Snatter! :ohdearsass:
That is the laziest badger. Also, shouldn't that be an Arctic Fox?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Kegluneq posted:

That is the laziest badger. Also, shouldn't that be an Arctic Fox?

It's hard to make a fox look swarthy, so only good honest British foxes will be depicted

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

baka kaba posted:

It's hard to make a fox look swarthy, so only good honest British foxes will be depicted
I now imagine the fox in Thomas's cartoons as a stand in for the lurking, encroaching immigrant to be honest (along with the badger, one you could at least legally shoot). Pretending it's a fun game for Thomas is misreading the situation, I fear :ohdear:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Scarfe of the week

Alex Salmond? Yeah he probably exists.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Cloud Potato posted:

After the Frost Report class sketch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2k1iRD2f-c

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cloud Potato posted:

Shaun Ryder's not a man I'd take seriously if he said he knew when to keep his mouth shut.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They just needed to fill out the lineup with another person who had a poorly concealed drug habit in the 90's.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

goatface posted:

They just needed to fill out the lineup with another person who had a poorly concealed drug habit in the 90's.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron in China - The prime minister has told Beijing that the UK will be China's biggest advocate in the west"

Telegraph:

Puppy! :3:

Independent:

Mail:
"George Osborne has new company in number 11 Downing Street…a little white dog."

quote:

“Things were going well until I did a whoopsie on his autumn statement.”

Express:

Amazon testing drones for deliveries Also Snatter! :ohdearsass:

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 3, 2013

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Drawing a Rupert doll he missed the perfect chance to include Bill as the badger.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Cliff Racer posted:

Drawing a Rupert doll he missed the perfect chance to include Bill as the badger.
Also Owl from Winnie the Pooh.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The "£50 off your next £150 price hike" makes me giggle.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Murdoch's poodle has a poodle? lol.

It is god drat cute thought!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the UK's educational achievement - Influential Pisa report says Britain's mid-table position is virtually unchanged from 2009 as attainment gap persists"

Independent:

After Ronald Searle.

Mail:
"Amazon has a plan to deliver parcels by flying drones."

quote:

“Oh by the way. Two ping pong bats arrived by drone yesterday. Why would your mother send those?”

Express:

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
"Amazon has a plan to deliver parcels by flying drones."

Mail readers are so senile that they talk to people not in the room and are in fact outside

I genuinely hope the Queen has art that tasteless

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
I'm starting to miss the 'man points at sign with news story on it' Express cartoons

Anything to get away from Royals/Migrants/'It's cold!'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Nigella Lawson and the autumn statement - TV chef tells court she has taken cocaine as – separately – chancellor George Osborne prepares to makes his autumn statement to the Commons"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

Telegraph:

Independent:

Express:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

...ok, Thomas was right about needing the news signs.

What's with the Indy cartoon? Aside from an excuse to violently murder Farage. Is the Tories continuing to be poo poo about green energy supposed to be a big UKIP-vote winner?

And the telegraph does some really tedious HURR LABOUR cartoons. poo poo, those are practically Bob-level

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQg8JKo_3ZQ

Also, there's no better way to celebrate a record breaking deal than to completely ruin it with some casual racism :v:

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Kegluneq posted:

Also, there's no better way to celebrate a record breaking deal than to completely ruin it with some casual racism :v:
I think he was just desperately trying to avoid mentioning pig semen.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

Kegluneq posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQg8JKo_3ZQ

I might be dense, but not sure what the racism is here? Is this referencing a saying I'm unfamiliar with?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

This weeks IF...:

The anti four [three] Yorkshire men! :v:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Betjeman posted:

I might be dense, but not sure what the racism is here? Is this referencing a saying I'm unfamiliar with?
I was referring to the Express cartoon there. The joke is that Chinese food is a waste of money because you're hungry again shortly after eating it.

Edit:

Fluo posted:

The anti four [three] Yorkshire men!
Should have ended with a Gregg's pasty :argh:

Double edit: Or a bottle of Irn-Bru!

Kegluneq fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Dec 5, 2013

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

Kegluneq posted:

I was referring to the Express cartoon there. The joke is that Chinese food is a waste of money because you're hungry again shortly after eating it.

Not one I've ever heard of. So much needs explaining with that cartoon it's unreal.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Betjeman posted:

Not one I've ever heard of. So much needs explaining with that cartoon it's unreal.
It would be immediately familiar to people familiar with and appreciative of racist stand up comedy from the 70s and 80s, i.e. Daily Express readers. As humour goes it's right up there with airline food (you should be so lucky these days anyway), so there's no shame in being unfamiliar with it!

Edit: :golfclap: to your avatar text.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Kegluneq posted:

The observation was that there is a common saying one feels hungry again shortly after eating Chinese food. It's a well-known trope.

I have no idea what hosed up SJW level of thought processes it takes to find that 'racist', or where you got the idea it's supposed to imply Chinese food is a waste of money since in all the times I've heard it that particular claim has never been even implied.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Rust Martialis posted:

The observation was that there is a common saying one feels hungry again shortly after eating Chinese food. It's a well-known trope.

I have no idea what hosed up SJW level of thought processes it takes to find that 'racist', or where you got the idea it's supposed to imply Chinese food is a waste of money since in all the times I've heard it that particular claim has never been even implied.

Saying that Chinese takeaway isn't filling isn't racist.
Going "lol Chinese people = takeaway food" is racist.
This isn't complicated.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

It's a famous joke about a nation's food (specifically that available from takeaways overseas)? I mean, it's very mildly racist at worst, I admit, but it's also silly not to see some kind of Othering in there. Not least because it's not particularly true. If we're comparing anecdotes I've never not been filled for hours by a big Chinese meal, so...

^-- Also that.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Quote-Unquote posted:

Saying that Chinese takeaway isn't filling isn't racist.
Going "lol Chinese people = takeaway food" is racist.
This isn't complicated.

Except in Bonjo From Beyond the Stars, where the titular 500-foot tall monster is actually eating Chinese people.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on George Osborne's autumn statement - The state pension age is set to rise to 70" After John Hamilton Mortimer.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Express:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Guardian:

Martin Rowson on the overshadowed autumn statement

A special something Rowson did for The Morning Star on David Cameron, Mandela and the Tories infamous hate of Mandela.

Stephen Collins :swoon:

Telegraph:

Independent:

All the cartoons related to Mandela today [apart from Stephen Collins], Daily Express and the Daily Mail haven't done one.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 7, 2013

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Fluo posted:

All the cartoons related to Mandela today [apart from Stephen Collins], Daily Express and the Daily Mail haven't done one.

I imagine because they know their cartoonists would do variations of "One less Jungle Bunny terrorist" scrawled on the page with their own poo poo and blood.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

I imagine because they know their cartoonists would do variations of "One less Jungle Bunny terrorist" scrawled on the page with their own poo poo and blood.
Hey, witch doctor masks are fiddly to draw.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Kegluneq posted:

Hey, witch doctor masks are fiddly to draw.

Mac done it before. :suicide:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Gonzo McFee posted:

Nah, Mail and Express never do cartoons on Saturdays and Sundays.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Fluo posted:

Independent:

After Degas.

Observer:

Sunday Telegraph:

I'm guessing Full extent of EU's diplomatic service revealed, also U.S. Launches Rocket Emblazoned with Menacing Octopus Into Space.

Independent On Sunday:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Ugh, I really can't stand dead politican comics that don't contain actual jokes (eg the Thatcher stuff.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cliff Racer posted:

Ugh, I really can't stand dead politican comics that don't contain actual jokes (eg the Thatcher stuff.)

I'd take it any day of the week over :effort: bland cartoons.

• Locked thread