Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

MrTheDevious posted:

Right on, thanks! I just remember my cleric having one button for single target and one button for AoE and I mashed the appropriate one as fast as possible. It was way back when Rift was first released though. Definitely going to download and give it another try
Shaman is a lot less dumb than it used to be. Lightning Hammer lost its cooldown (along with MANY other DOTs), Jolt can be cast without a crit proc but will do terrible damage and go on cooldown, and the tree largely revolves around triggering a 30% physical damage bonus with non-physical abilities.

I think there are still a small number of brain-petrifying single-button specs (Riftblade), but Shaman needs 4 right now for a basic rotation and is considered to be on the dumber end of the scale.

I haven't played Harb but it sounds like the spec for people who thought WotLK feral DPS was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Great job to everyone in DH tonight, we did real well considering our group makeup and unfamiliarity with the raid. Enjoy your lovely reused costume shoulders!

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

Farg posted:

Great job to everyone in DH tonight, we did real well considering our group makeup and unfamiliarity with the raid. Enjoy your lovely reused costume shoulders!

Dancing minigame: harder than Regulos.

And holy god things have so much hp in there. That last boss fight lasted so long.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

skystream92 posted:

Dancing minigame: harder than Regulos.

And holy god things have so much hp in there. That last boss fight lasted so long.

That was 50% the raid and 50% us being lovely though.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Farg posted:

That was 50% the raid and 50% us being lovely though.

Yeah, it was on par with how long it took with a mediocre group before SL.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Dye previewing coming :toot:

http://rift.junkiesnation.com/2013/12/06/dye-previewing-coming-soon/

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Finally!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Says the guy whose character doesn't wear any clothes.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

Maybe it's because he doesn't know what color the dyes are and he doesn't want to use the wrong color!

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

I do sometimes! I even have a collar that I dye in my naked outfit.

Zoness posted:

Maybe it's because he doesn't know what color the dyes are and he doesn't want to use the wrong color!

also totally this...

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Looking for an invite for FunkyFjord

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Info on 2.6 is starting to come out

quote:

Because 2.6 is still a couple of months away, the devs were purposefully vague about specific details about this sneak peek. However, what they did reveal was pretty captivating. For starters, 2.6 will add a completely new crafting profession to the game: Dreamweaving.

Dreamweaving? What's... OK. Explain, please.

Because the team is starting to lead up to 3.0 (beginning with some of the content in Update 2.5), Dreamweaving will tie in closely with RIFT's second expansion as 3.0 is about "dreams, nightmares, and water." It's a crafting profession for people who love dimensions and artifacts, creating "all you can dream up" for dimensions. This includes not just items and special effects but also the creation of entire dimensions themselves.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/12/06/massivelys-exclusive-sneak-peek-of-rift-2-6-dreamweaving-fae/

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

uhhh

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

well you can marry in game so its not that crazy?

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
that person asked me for 25 plat for a mount not 5 minutes later, now that "we're a couple." gold digging whore!

also hedo/loracia/other tanks with t2 gear - how the gently caress are we supposed to deal with block softcap? i'm sitting at 49% block in paladin with a bunch of t1 gear and 6 t2 pieces (3 of which are accessories/a weapon). a lot of the stuff on the t2 bis list seems to have block on it, too. are we just going to have to grind out tons of FES and get lucky with the ultane legs? it seems prohibitively difficult to manage your stats as a tank this tier.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Joining as Omodaliz

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

shut up gelly posted:

that person asked me for 25 plat for a mount not 5 minutes later, now that "we're a couple." gold digging whore!

also hedo/loracia/other tanks with t2 gear - how the gently caress are we supposed to deal with block softcap? i'm sitting at 49% block in paladin with a bunch of t1 gear and 6 t2 pieces (3 of which are accessories/a weapon). a lot of the stuff on the t2 bis list seems to have block on it, too. are we just going to have to grind out tons of FES and get lucky with the ultane legs? it seems prohibitively difficult to manage your stats as a tank this tier.

ABE: Always Be Endurance. Any other stat is pretty much added value. Keep in mind BiS lists don't take caps into account (Bowler Hat's used to but it overvalued evasion/block above endurance/armor).

Also: That's a first world problems, because I haven't even gotten an upgrade to my weapon/shield in uhh a year or so? We've never seen any cleric tanking relics.

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
can someone send me an invite to the guild? I just started playing this the other day. in game name is Sirdingus

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

ABE: Always Be Endurance. Any other stat is pretty much added value. Keep in mind BiS lists don't take caps into account (Bowler Hat's used to but it overvalued evasion/block above endurance/armor).

Also: That's a first world problems, because I haven't even gotten an upgrade to my weapon/shield in uhh a year or so? We've never seen any cleric tanking relics.

I love my cleric tank wand :3:.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Repeating a helpful PSA: The dungeon finder has a weird bug/quirk, if you queue for heal+support+DPS then you'll more often than not get slotted into a DPS or support role, and much more quickly than you would if you queued as DPS or support. Today I had the queue pop for DPS in under a second.

Basically, if you want to DPS, queue as heal/support/DPS, and if it pops with the heal role, decline and requeue.

admiral.baby
May 1, 2009
Anyone in guild who can craft a Bow of Twisted Souls and stellar insidious augment?

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

OneEightHundred posted:

Basically, if you want to DPS, queue as heal/support/DPS, and if it pops with the heal role, decline and requeue.

Couldn't you extend this logic to the tank role too and just decline any tank/heal invites?

I mean, if everybody is going to cut in line might as well cut in line right

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

mr. nobody posted:

Couldn't you extend this logic to the tank role too and just decline any tank/heal invites?

I mean, if everybody is going to cut in line might as well cut in line right
For some reason, the same thing doesn't appear to apply. Queueing as tank too usually slots you as tank.

Kissing Dad
May 27, 2004

Joined as Geslar if I could get an invite, thanks.

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008
Playing this game again, maybe. I logged in to a guild that seems to have been transferred to a server that no longer exists, so I'm going to need a new invite on Deepwood.

I haven't played this in any serious capacity since a few months post-release so I might level an alt to relearn this poo poo. Are warriors still worse at everything compared to other classes?

Either way, IGN is Zhaada on my Mage which I'll likely wind up playing once I get sick of not having lightning shoot out my rear end every time I press a button.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Warriors are pretty good and I think the new soul lets you shoot lightning.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

For some reason, the same thing doesn't appear to apply. Queueing as tank too usually slots you as tank.

Because the queue slots you based on roles you can fill, but only decides the role you do once a party is actually about to be formed. Then it just randomly decides between all people who can do a role. So if you have 2 people that queue as tank/dps one of them will get to tank and the other will DPS while getting a much faster queue time.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

admiral.baby posted:

Anyone in guild who can craft a Bow of Twisted Souls and stellar insidious augment?

I think Vandee can do the bow. Not sure about the augment; I had to buy mine.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

mr. nobody posted:

I use this spec for levelling/soloing and there are maybe faster builds but with this one you won't die unless you do something way over your head.

"Lazy druid 2.3"
http://forums.riftgame.com/game-dis...titive-dps.html

Using this now and holy poo poo. What pets did you use for IAs?

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

I use the tank pet by default.

I use the DPS pet (satyr) if there's a high-hp single target thing I need to kill.

If there's already a tank and there's lots of mobs I use the AE pet (seer) with the ability toggled ON that makes it do 40% less dmg/healing but spreads it around 10(?) mobs. If already a tank and generally single target things I use the satyr pet; if already a tank and no other healer I use the faerie healer pet and depending on how many people are taking damage I toggle on/off the "less healing but makes it hit AE" ability. I'm not sure what level you get that ability and I'm not ingame and don't have the name of it memorized. The icon is pink and white though!

edit: fae dispersion, the 24 point druid ability
edit2: fyi fae dispersion has no effect on the satyr/tank pets that I can tell so I ignore that when using those pets; on/off whatever it's at I leave it

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 10, 2013

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

mr. nobody posted:

I use the tank pet by default.

I use the DPS pet (satyr) if there's a high-hp single target thing I need to kill.

If there's already a tank and there's lots of mobs I use the AE pet (seer) with the ability toggled ON that makes it do 40% less dmg/healing but spreads it around 10(?) mobs. If already a tank and generally single target things I use the satyr pet; if already a tank and no other healer I use the faerie healer pet and depending on how many people are taking damage I toggle on/off the "less healing but makes it hit AE" ability. I'm not sure what level you get that ability and I'm not ingame and don't have the name of it memorized. The icon is pink and white though!

edit: fae dispersion, the 24 point druid ability
edit2: fyi fae dispersion has no effect on the satyr/tank pets that I can tell so I ignore that when using those pets; on/off whatever it's at I leave it

Thanks a ton for this. I'm only 46 or 47 so I don't think I have all of the abilities yet. In that thread, a dude named Nddare changed the ST macro a bit so I'm using that. How do you solo out in the world with this build and what is your general rotation like? It seems like I'm supposed to open with EoL -> Fae Mimicry -> Spam ST macro and maybe weave a Vex in there after the first Massive Blow. Crushing Force is a DPS loss most of the time.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

I lead off with EoL, add on vex and the ranged debuff that makes you proc +dmg on the next 5 hits or 20 seconds, then spam single target macro until it dies. Usually it dies before vex wears off.

I still have crushing force on my macro bar because if I'm not in melee range of the mob I might cast it while approaching, if vex and EoL and that other one have already been applied (basically I only use crushing force if nothing else is available)

edit: on further thought I am pretty sure I pull using Vex, then the second cast is EoL. I don't bother with EoL when AEing.

admiral.baby
May 1, 2009
Invite for Cindri, please.

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
It's pretty great how this game doesn't lock you into a build. I spend most of my time in solo druid mode using the build posted above, but it was cool to switch into a Cabalist AOE build and a Justicar tank build on the fly when I ran the Fall of Lantern Hook a couple times last night, slotted as support.

You can have a change of pace whenever you want, without any hassle. It's the opposite of virtually every MMO I've ever tried.

Incidentally, Cabalist is crazy fun. Watching a whole crowd of elites over 50% health pop and drop dead at the same time is ridiculously satisfying. Not much help in a boss fight though.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

Elmo Oxygen posted:

It's pretty great how this game doesn't lock you into a build. I spend most of my time in solo druid mode using the build posted above, but it was cool to switch into a Cabalist AOE build and a Justicar tank build on the fly when I ran the Fall of Lantern Hook a couple times last night, slotted as support.

You can have a change of pace whenever you want, without any hassle. It's the opposite of virtually every MMO I've ever tried.

Incidentally, Cabalist is crazy fun. Watching a whole crowd of elites over 50% health pop and drop dead at the same time is ridiculously satisfying. Not much help in a boss fight though.

This is why I stick with Rift. I can do whatever I want, whenever I want. Sometimes I have limited time to play and can only run a few IAs. It's fun to just spec into something that can group everything up and murder it all down.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Was thinking of giving this game a whirl again.

Used to play when the game launched, played a cleric and mainly played that cleric tank soul that would get self heals when attacking and was a duracell bunny at soloing. I love that type of playstyle, is this still viable with the soul that i played? (justicar?) or has this been nerfed somehow? How is the state of this spec and/or cleric soloing now?

My last period of playing the game what when there was this enormous several week long death invasion in the end zone, which is some time ago i suppose.

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
AFAIK the "energizer" build was dead months ago before I started playing, but the druid build posted above is amazing for soloing, and it's easy enough to sub in Justicar for Shaman if you want to trade a little DPS for a ton of survivability.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

Ineptitude posted:

Was thinking of giving this game a whirl again.

Used to play when the game launched, played a cleric and mainly played that cleric tank soul that would get self heals when attacking and was a duracell bunny at soloing. I love that type of playstyle, is this still viable with the soul that i played? (justicar?) or has this been nerfed somehow? How is the state of this spec and/or cleric soloing now?

My last period of playing the game what when there was this enormous several week long death invasion in the end zone, which is some time ago i suppose.

Either the build above, or this one: http://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/comments/1lo9aa/druid_levelling_spec_will_serve_you_from_160/

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Thanks guys!

I honestly cannot remember there was a cleric soul called druid...

Had a look at the youtube vids from that Satin guy, looks like good fun!
Is Greenscale the big baddie of the game pre-expansion? I never raided in Rift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Energizer spec is dead but pretty much every spec now has a mana regen method. Most are a channeled spell that regens your mana in ticks. A couple are insta-cast spells that regen a % of your max mana and give you a debuff that reduces your health for 10 seconds and stacks up to 5. Justicar's is a toggled ability that causes you to regen mana from melee spells at the cost of not generating convictions while active. I believe they gave similar spells to some/most mage specs as well.

Greenscale was the BBG for the first 20-man raid pre-expansion. He was the dragon god of the plane of life. After him we fought Akylios the dragon god of the plane of water, Laethys the dragon god of the plane of earth and Maelforge the dragon god of the plane of fire. In SL the first two 20-man dungeons have you killing Crucia (air) and Regulos (death). Regulos was the BBG from the starter zone quests that was the cause of the Ascended PCs being sent back/forward in time to the present day.

• Locked thread