Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Paracelsus posted:

The last chapter is the two of them trying to put on a wedding ceremony in the back row without the teacher noticing.

The last chapter is ten years in the future, holding a legit wedding ceremony with them both trying subtly to put on a wedding for the robot family at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Personally I like the whole notion of a romantic relationship between them only being a notion that exists in the mind of shippers (including the in-manga one).

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kaja Rainbow posted:

Personally I like the whole notion of a romantic relationship between them only being a notion that exists in the mind of shippers (including the in-manga one).

Agreed. As I said in an earlier post, Gotou's delusions regarding their "relationship" is far funnier than any actual romance between the two could possibly be. On a related note, I love how wonderfully expressive Gotou's pigtails are.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/208833/centaurs-worries_ch37_by_futari-wa-pretty-anon

New Centaur's Worries

Is this supposed to be a parody and if so, of what? The idea of a magical girl series that's explicitly anti-authoritarianism sets off satire alarms, but I'm not quite sure.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I just think it's funny to have a magical girl discuss the benefits of proportional voting versus first-past-the-post.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
It5 kinda does fit with other themes depicted in the manga, though. Overall, Centaur's Worries seems to be very concerned with diversity, including going to the effort of creating accommodations for those with different needs. There're even interracial couples. This fictional show simply addresses that in a very direct way, questioning the ability of pure majority rule to best serve everyone involved as opposed as merely the majority.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I just came to know that Tonari no Seki Kun's author is the younger brother of the Kuragehime author. Kuragehime, while not a surreal daily life manga, is a pretty drat good shoujo comedy (with certain surreal elements) that can be enjoyed by both sexes.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Nov 27, 2013

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

nerdz posted:

I just came to know that Tonari no Seki Kun's author is the younger brother of the Kuragehime author. Kuragehime, while not a surreal daily life manga, is a pretty drat good shoujo comedy (with certain surreal elements) that can be enjoyed by both sexes.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?! :aaa:

That's amazing, but look at those two hogging up all the drat talent.

Her autobiographical manga Kakukaku Shikajika is currently knocking my drat socks off over in the shoujo thread.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Zai x 10 - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Zai-x-10/Ch-006--Kidnapping-Arc?id=180637

EDIT: Humor-wise, the weakest chapter so far, in my view.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Nov 28, 2013

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Thanks for massively expanding my reading list, weird manga thread.

Voynich Hotel was pretty great, I hope it doesn't end like every other witch romance ever. I'm actually sort of surprised that there's only been two tragic endings so far, can't decide if that's only due to the relaxed pace (which I really like, it adds to the drowsy surreal mood of the island) or if it'll really stop there. At least the mangaka seems to be doing okay with his ghost stoner scientist girlfriend :unsmith:

Going to start in on Assassination Classroom next, because I already accidentally got sucked in to reading chapters 10-15 before the start (whoops :iamafag:).

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

You should really try Sumire and Seki Kun after you finish with Assassination Classroom. They're both really great!

Incidentally, a new chapter of Jesus & Buddha are gay bffs just dropped. Lovely!

EDIT: Holy poo poo, not so lovely! This translation sucks!!

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Not sure if this one is quite bizarre enough, but I guess the thread will be the judge of that: Jyoshikausei. Its a mostly dialogue free manga about a fairly odd high school girl doing weird things and confusing people around her.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Blhue posted:

Not sure if this one is quite bizarre enough, but I guess the thread will be the judge of that: Jyoshikausei. Its a mostly dialogue free manga about a fairly odd high school girl doing weird things and confusing people around her.

Well gee, you sure convinced me to read it with that one image! And, well, so long as it's got: 1) Something / someone doing bizarre things and intruding on others' lives (And/or surreal imagery, absurdist humor, or just a dreamy feel), and 2) some kind of ordinary real-life setting, it fits! And it sure fits. Very recommendable (except for the unnecessary pantyshots. :geno:)

EDIT: Wow, there really are a lot of panty shots. Dropping it to "readable" instead. Nice art, though, the linework is very free and refreshing.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 1, 2013

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
New chapter of Sakamoto Desu Ga. One of the best ones since the first few chapters I think.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

And another Zai x 10:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Zai-x-10/Ch-007--Hijacking-Arc?id=180953

:allears: Quickly becoming my favorite gag series. God that punchline.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

And another Zai x 10:

A fantastic chapter, and in my opinion the best chapter so far. Yamauchi / Bomber Grape knocks it out of the park again.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Blhue posted:

New chapter of Sakamoto Desu Ga. One of the best ones since the first few chapters I think.

This chapter was brilliant. Yes, Sakamoto is definitely back in form -- astounding people by being frustratingly perfect at everything. The final gag with the sparrow just floored me.

JosephWongKS posted:

A fantastic chapter, and in my opinion the best chapter so far. Yamauchi / Bomber Grape knocks it out of the park again.

:aaaaa: IS THERE AN ALIEN ON BOARD?!! The alien's strong! :stare:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

And another Zai x 10:

Holy crap :roflolmao:

Hope this manga never ends, that was fantastic.

Blhue posted:

Now this chapter was amazing, we need more chapters like this. Sakamoto :allears:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Dear Surreal Manga Thread,

saw this, thought of you:

Merry Christmas

(Tonari no Seki-kun trip report: started out sort of boring but I kept reading for some reason and it's quickly sucking me in. Why do I care about a frustrated/possibly mildly schizophrenic schoolgirl's worries so much?? please send help quickly :tinfoil:)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What is that from?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

RatHat posted:

What is that from?

Well, it got me to Google "Kasparov is conglomerating his pawns", and I found the video. Very Surreal Manga Thread.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DrSunshine posted:

Well, it got me to Google "Kasparov is conglomerating his pawns", and I found the video. Very Surreal Manga Thread.

Holy poo poo, this' fantastic :haw:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I looked it up with "Mega Chessatron," and I have to agree with it being basically the best video. It paired very nicely with the new Zai and Sakamoto.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
That is just fantastic. This is my favorite thread.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

Well it's definitely, got that sense of humor, but what show is it from or was it just uploaded to the BBC's YouTube or something?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
It's a web-original by a guy that's mostly done live and radio skits. (really bothers me that the earlier linked re-upload has almost 3 times the views while the uploader is all "I don't know where this is from, is it copyright? :downswords:" when there's a BBC watermark right there, it's no wonder nobody's heard of the guy)

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I love that most of the related videos seem to be actual chess tutorials.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

It's a web-original by a guy that's mostly done live and radio skits. (really bothers me that the earlier linked re-upload has almost 3 times the views while the uploader is all "I don't know where this is from, is it copyright? :downswords:" when there's a BBC watermark right there, it's no wonder nobody's heard of the guy)

It doesn't help that someone trimmed off the beginning bit.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

A new chapter of Girl Meets Bear was posted. Machi ends up with the reaction I wish more characters would end up after being subjected to such an ordeal!

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

A new chapter of Girl Meets Bear was posted. Machi ends up with the reaction I wish more characters would end up after being subjected to such an ordeal!

Hey somebody is paying attention :)

Batoto has a (sensible) moderator queue for uploaded stuff so I can't just upload and post like I have been. Seems like people are reading and enjoying it so it's probably worthwhile. I still haven't been able to find magazine scans so chapter 6 was from the volume 1 release. That's also why the quality was a little bit worse. Unfortunately that was the only chapter in it I hadn't already done. So now the wait for volume 2 begins. I figure it'll be about May with a month or two lag for someone to actually scan it. If anybody scans it.

Also the latest chapter is up on kissmanga but seems to be all messed up. Lots of pages missing and stuff. I'm pretty shocked how quickly this propagated to all the other manga sites, actually.

I liked this chapter even if it was a little bit fanservicey. Although considering it was about dressing the main character up in various outfits it certainly could have been much worse.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Joshlemagne posted:

Batoto has a (sensible) moderator queue for uploaded stuff so I can't just upload and post like I have been. Seems like people are reading and enjoying it so it's probably worthwhile. I still haven't been able to find magazine scans so chapter 6 was from the volume 1 release. That's also why the quality was a little bit worse. Unfortunately that was the only chapter in it I hadn't already done. So now the wait for volume 2 begins. I figure it'll be about May with a month or two lag for someone to actually scan it. If anybody scans it.

Also the latest chapter is up on kissmanga but seems to be all messed up. Lots of pages missing and stuff. I'm pretty shocked how quickly this propagated to all the other manga sites, actually.

I liked this chapter even if it was a little bit fanservicey. Although considering it was about dressing the main character up in various outfits it certainly could have been much worse.

You can ask for an account upgrade to bypass the moderator queue if you're uploading often. http://www.batoto.net/forums/forum/3884-contributor-requests/

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Joshlemagne posted:

This series' really cute :allears:

Thanks for your translations man!

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Prime avatar material here, if I could be bothered.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Just caught up with Centaur's Worries. I have a feeling things are going to get real weird once the Antarctican and Amphibian plots kick in fully.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Joshlemagne posted:

As a bit of critique, the last line "I am not you peoples' dress-up doll", is just the slightest bit unwieldy, although that's more because of English's wacky lack of a good 2nd person pronoun for groups of people. I'd have modified it to "I'm nobody's (no-one's) dress-up doll".

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

As a bit of critique, the last line "I am not you peoples' dress-up doll", is just the slightest bit unwieldy, although that's more because of English's wacky lack of a good 2nd person pronoun for groups of people. I'd have modified it to "I'm nobody's (no-one's) dress-up doll".

The problem is the pronoun she used actually was pretty direct and vaguely insulting in context. She is specifically saying "I'm thoroughly sick of your poo poo". Saying "I'm nobody's dress-up doll" would have felt a bit too passive, I think. I thought "you people" had the same kind of vaguely insulting feel to it but maybe not. Thinking about it now something like "I'm not you jerks' dress-up doll" might have been a bit better. I suppose that's why professionals have editors :eng101:

HellCopter posted:

Prime avatar material here, if I could be bothered.

Well the text doesn't show up well when avatar-sized. Assuming you wanted the text, of course, and not just embarrassed Yoshio or whatever. I took a quick stab at it:

If it was something like this and then the quote in the text part under the avatar that might work. I wasn't sure if blanking out the text bubbles or leaving them would be better so I tried both :downs:

Edit: cleaned it up a little

Also I'm pretty sure this one's still up for grabs:

Joshlemagne fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 7, 2013

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Blank bubbles and "Don't let my opinions sway you just because I'm a bear" as text would be best, I think.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
I was googling for some Ainu outfits after the chapter and well

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Joshlemagne posted:

Also I'm pretty sure this one's still up for grabs:

I colored that panel for my own purposes, but if someone wants it, here you go.

• Locked thread